Yuki-Divij clinch ATP Challenger title in Busan
Busan (South Korea): Indian pair of Yuki Bhambri and Divij Sharan on Sunday lifted the men`s doubles title at the Busan Open Challenger here after beating Taiwanese duo of Cheng Peng Hsieh and Hsin Han Lee.
The unseeded Indian duo came back from a set down to get the better of Hsish and Hsin 1-6, 6-1, 10-5 in the USD 75,000 Challenger tennis tournament.
The Indians saved as many as five out of seven breakpoints, while converted two out of four that came their way during the match that lasted just over an hour.
Yuki and Divij, the last of the direct entries to the main draw, were playing together for the first time.
Having lost the first set without even posing a fight, the Indian combo did well to bounce back into the match to topple their third seeded opponents.
After clinching the second set comfortably, Yuki and Divij held on to the advantage as they refused to give the Taiwanese duo any chance of making a comeback.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS