Yuki-Divij pair make shock exit from Nanjing event
Nanjing : The top-seeded Indian pair of Yuki Bhambri and Divij Sharan crashed out of the men`s doubles event of the Asia-Pacific Australian Open wild card play-off tournament after suffering an upset straight set defeat, here today.
Yuki and left-handed Divij lost 6-7 4-6 to local pair of Mao-Xin Gong and Ze Zhang in the second round.
Yuki and Divij had got a bye in the first round.
Meanwhile, Vishnu Vardhan has pulled out of the singles event.
The winners of the tournament will get a wld card entry into the 2013 Australian Open tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok