Yuki in final of the Traralgon event, Somdev, Myneni ousted
New Delhi: Yuki Bhambri avenged his last week`s defeat against James Duckworth by knocking out the home favourite Australian from the Traralgon event and earned himself a shot at his second title on the Challenger Tour, here on Saturday.
21-year Yuki old had lost to Duckworth last week in the Melbourne Challenger but today he put up a much better show and sent the second seed packing with a comfortable 6-2 6-4
scoreline in the semi-finals.
277-ranked Yuki will now fight it out American top seed Bradley Klahn in the final of the USD 50000 hard court event.
Yuki, who won his first Challenger level title in Fergana, Uzbekistan last year, had lost to Bradley, ranked 123, in July this year in Binghamton.
It will be Yuki`s second Challenger level final of the season. He had lost the summit clash of the Kaohsiung event in Taiwan to Yen-Hsun Lu in September.
Meanwhile, in the USD 75000 Charlottesville event in the United States, both Somdev Devvarman and Saketh Myneni crashed out after quarter-final defeats.
Second seed Somdev lost 6-7 (4) 4-6 to seventh seed American Rhyne Williams while Myneni`s splendid run ended with a 4-6 0-6 defeat against Canadian Jesse Levine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27