Yuki in final of the Traralgon event, Somdev, Myneni ousted
New Delhi: Yuki Bhambri avenged his last week`s defeat against James Duckworth by knocking out the home favourite Australian from the Traralgon event and earned himself a shot at his second title on the Challenger Tour, here on Saturday.
21-year Yuki old had lost to Duckworth last week in the Melbourne Challenger but today he put up a much better show and sent the second seed packing with a comfortable 6-2 6-4
scoreline in the semi-finals.
277-ranked Yuki will now fight it out American top seed Bradley Klahn in the final of the USD 50000 hard court event.
Yuki, who won his first Challenger level title in Fergana, Uzbekistan last year, had lost to Bradley, ranked 123, in July this year in Binghamton.
It will be Yuki`s second Challenger level final of the season. He had lost the summit clash of the Kaohsiung event in Taiwan to Yen-Hsun Lu in September.
Meanwhile, in the USD 75000 Charlottesville event in the United States, both Somdev Devvarman and Saketh Myneni crashed out after quarter-final defeats.
Second seed Somdev lost 6-7 (4) 4-6 to seventh seed American Rhyne Williams while Myneni`s splendid run ended with a 4-6 0-6 defeat against Canadian Jesse Levine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics