Yuki in final of the Traralgon event, Somdev, Myneni ousted
New Delhi: Yuki Bhambri avenged his last week`s defeat against James Duckworth by knocking out the home favourite Australian from the Traralgon event and earned himself a shot at his second title on the Challenger Tour, here on Saturday.
21-year Yuki old had lost to Duckworth last week in the Melbourne Challenger but today he put up a much better show and sent the second seed packing with a comfortable 6-2 6-4
scoreline in the semi-finals.
277-ranked Yuki will now fight it out American top seed Bradley Klahn in the final of the USD 50000 hard court event.
Yuki, who won his first Challenger level title in Fergana, Uzbekistan last year, had lost to Bradley, ranked 123, in July this year in Binghamton.
It will be Yuki`s second Challenger level final of the season. He had lost the summit clash of the Kaohsiung event in Taiwan to Yen-Hsun Lu in September.
Meanwhile, in the USD 75000 Charlottesville event in the United States, both Somdev Devvarman and Saketh Myneni crashed out after quarter-final defeats.
Second seed Somdev lost 6-7 (4) 4-6 to seventh seed American Rhyne Williams while Myneni`s splendid run ended with a 4-6 0-6 defeat against Canadian Jesse Levine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS