Yuki is most promising among the Indian players: Sanguinetti
Kolkata: Former Italian tennis player Davide Sanguinetti has said that among the current Indian tennis players, Yuki Bambri is the most promising.
"Among the current lot, I feel Yuki is most promising. Of course there`s Somdev Devvarman but injuries has brought him down a few spots. But he`s still coming up," Sanguinetti, who is coaching 143rd ranked Go Soeda of Japan since 2010, said.
The Italian also urged the Indians to be more disciplined. "At the end, it`s consistency that counts. For that you have to work hard and be more disciplined," he said.
Sanguinetti, who had beaten Roger Federer en route to capturing ATP title in 2002 durinh his prime, felt the former world No. 1 Swiss was still better than a lot of younger guys.
"I`m sure he`s still far better than the younger lots. But you can`t do anything about the age which is showing in his game," the 41-year-old said here on the sidelines of the ATP Challenger here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic