Yuki is most promising among the Indian players: Sanguinetti
Kolkata: Former Italian tennis player Davide Sanguinetti has said that among the current Indian tennis players, Yuki Bambri is the most promising.
"Among the current lot, I feel Yuki is most promising. Of course there`s Somdev Devvarman but injuries has brought him down a few spots. But he`s still coming up," Sanguinetti, who is coaching 143rd ranked Go Soeda of Japan since 2010, said.
The Italian also urged the Indians to be more disciplined. "At the end, it`s consistency that counts. For that you have to work hard and be more disciplined," he said.
Sanguinetti, who had beaten Roger Federer en route to capturing ATP title in 2002 durinh his prime, felt the former world No. 1 Swiss was still better than a lot of younger guys.
"I`m sure he`s still far better than the younger lots. But you can`t do anything about the age which is showing in his game," the 41-year-old said here on the sidelines of the ATP Challenger here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened