Yuki is most promising among the Indian players: Sanguinetti
Kolkata: Former Italian tennis player Davide Sanguinetti has said that among the current Indian tennis players, Yuki Bambri is the most promising.
"Among the current lot, I feel Yuki is most promising. Of course there`s Somdev Devvarman but injuries has brought him down a few spots. But he`s still coming up," Sanguinetti, who is coaching 143rd ranked Go Soeda of Japan since 2010, said.
The Italian also urged the Indians to be more disciplined. "At the end, it`s consistency that counts. For that you have to work hard and be more disciplined," he said.
Sanguinetti, who had beaten Roger Federer en route to capturing ATP title in 2002 durinh his prime, felt the former world No. 1 Swiss was still better than a lot of younger guys.
"I`m sure he`s still far better than the younger lots. But you can`t do anything about the age which is showing in his game," the 41-year-old said here on the sidelines of the ATP Challenger here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today