Yuki reaches career-high ranking of 297
New Delhi: Rising Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri has broken the 300 barrier by reaching his career-high ranking of 297 in the ATP Rankings.
Yuki will be climbing another seven places in ranking next week, having won two qualifying rounds at the SAP Open in San Jose, USA.
He lost to Dennis Lajola of USA 6-4 6-4 in the final qualifies of the USD 531,000 ATP tennis tournament on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Somdev Devvarman, who did not have a ideal start to the year as he was forced to pull out of both Chennai Open and Australian Open because of shoulder injury, slipped to 120th position in the rankings.
Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna retained their seventh and 11th spot, respectively, in the ATP doubles rankings, while Mahesh Bhupathi gained a spot to climb to 15th position.
Coming off her 13th women`s doubles title at the Pattaya Open, Sania Mirza retained her career-best seventh position in the latest WTA doubles rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling