Yuki stuns 4th seed to enter 2nd round of ATP Challenger
New Delhi: Rising Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri stunned fourth seed Tobias Kamke of Germany in a hard-fought three-setter to enter the second round of the ATP USD 100,000 Challenger Tournament in Dallas, United States.
The 7-6 4-6 6-4 triumph was the biggest upset win of 19-year-old Yuki`s career.
Yuki was down 2-4 in the final set against Kamke (88th in the world) when he rallied to win 6-4. He plays another German Stefan Seifert in the second round on Tuesday.
Later in the evening yesterday, Yuki and partner Vladimir Obradovic won a very close doubles encounter against Mcclune and Simmons from US to qualify for the main draw.
They won 6-7 (5) 6-3 12-10 in the super tie break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH