Yuki stuns 4th seed to enter 2nd round of ATP Challenger
New Delhi: Rising Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri stunned fourth seed Tobias Kamke of Germany in a hard-fought three-setter to enter the second round of the ATP USD 100,000 Challenger Tournament in Dallas, United States.
The 7-6 4-6 6-4 triumph was the biggest upset win of 19-year-old Yuki`s career.
Yuki was down 2-4 in the final set against Kamke (88th in the world) when he rallied to win 6-4. He plays another German Stefan Seifert in the second round on Tuesday.
Later in the evening yesterday, Yuki and partner Vladimir Obradovic won a very close doubles encounter against Mcclune and Simmons from US to qualify for the main draw.
They won 6-7 (5) 6-3 12-10 in the super tie break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price