Yuki, Vishnu opt out of ITF men`s tennis tourney
Chennai: India will be without its stars at the ITF Men`s Futures Tennis championship, starting here from Monday, after Davis cuppers -- Yuki Bhambri and Vishnu Vardhan -- opted out of the event, citing medical reasons.
Both Yuki and Vishnu cited injury and medical reasons for their withdrawal from the competition, according to a press release by the Tamil Nadu Tennis Association, the organisers of the championship.
Meanwhile, nine singles qualifying matches took place on Saturday, where Shahul Anwar of Delhi got the better of Sai Saran Reddy of Hyderabad 6-5, 6-3.
Mens Singles Qualifying: Pulkit Mishra (Ind) bt Abhilash Srivastava (Ind) 6-1, 6-1; U M Gugan Verma (Ind) bt Michael Ackermann (Ger) 6-3, 6-3; Sagar Ahuja (Ind) bt Rithwik Rajashekar Raman (Ind) 6-2, 6-2; Adwait Sadwilkar (Ind) bt Kshitij Kamal (Ind) 6-2, 6-2; Jason Jung (USA) bt Arpit Sharma (Ind) 6-0, 6-1; Arun-Prakash Rajagopalan (Ind) bt Chinmay Soodanan (Ind) 6-0, 6-0; Shahul Anwar (Ind) bt Sai Saran Reddy (Ind) 7-5, 6-3 and Bharatram Balajee (Ind) w/o from George Koutloubasis (Gre).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'