Yuki zooms up to 204 in singles tennis rankings
New Delhi: Courtesy his title win in the Traralgon Challenger event, Indian tennis player Yuki Bhambri on Monday leapfrogged 73 places to 204 in the singles rankings even as Rohan Bopanna dropped out of the top-10 in the doubles chart.
Yuki on Monday beat Bradley Klahn in the final to earn 80 points which helped him climb up the ranking ladder.
Somdev Devvarman remains India`s number one ranked player as he gained two places to 89 after making quarterfinals of the Charlottesville event in the US.
Saketh Myneni, who also made the last-eight in Charlottesville, was the next best at 289 with a jump of 24 places.
Meanwhile, in the doubles chart, Leander Paes, the only Indian to have qualified for the year-end finals in London, was the lone player from the country in the top-10 at number nine with a gain of one position.
Bopanna, who lost in the quarter-finals of the Paris Masters with French partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin, suffered a loss of seven places to drop to 12.
Veteran Mahesh Bhupathi slid down 22 places to 35.
Divij Sharan lost a position to 71 while his partner Purav Raja dropped to 85 after losing three slots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'