Virat Kohli finds Tendulkar epitome of fitness
New Delhi: He is one of the fittest athlete in the Indian team at the moment but star cricketer Virat Kohli finds Sachin Tendulkar the epitome of fitness and hopes to play with same vigour when he reaches the veteran batsman`s current age of 40.
"Hope I can play for the country for such a long span as Sachin (Tendulkar) has and remain as fit as he is. His fitness level is amazing. If I can achieve 60-70 per cent of what he has achieved so far in his career, I will be more than happy," said Kohli.
"His hardwork is very inspiring for the younger generation," he told reporters at a function where his endorsement deal with the leading sportswear brand, Adidas was announced here on Thursday.
Replying to a query, Kohli said South African speedsters -- Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel -- were the two most dangerous bowlers he has faced in his international career so far.
On his preparation for the upcoming limited-overs series against Australia, Kohli said the hosts would not be taking their opposition lightly and remained upbeat about winning.
"The Australia series is going to be competitive. Even without injured Michael Clarke, they are a strong side. But I am confident about winning the series," the 24-year-old said.
Kohli said that the high-profile series might see some verbal duels between the players of the two sides as the young Indians are capable of giving it back to the Aussies in equal measure.
"We will reply from the bat first. We will play competitive cricket. The current lot doesn`t like to listen too much. We will definitely get back at them," he insisted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir