Well deserved 7th Ranji title for Karnataka
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mumbai: Karnataka team has won the Ranji Trophy season for the seventh time in the history of the domestic tournament by defeating Maharashtra in a lop-sided final by six-wickets.
For Karnataka, the title came after a wait of almost 15 long years, but it`s undoubtedly a well-deserved one for them as they played outstanding cricket throughout the tournament. The team members who were part of the team in 2010 must have found solace this season as Karnataka lost the title to Mumbai then, by a narrow margin of six runs.
This time around, Karnataka have a good blend of youth and experienced players. If senior members in the team like R Vinay Kumar, Robin Uthappa, Abhimanyu Mithun, Manish Pandey, Ganesh Satish, to name a few, stand and deliver at crucial times, then the young guns like Karun Nair, Shreyas Gopal and KL Rahul, were the ones who proved their worth throughout the tournament.
Under the leadership of Vinay Kumar, the team played like a unit and performed their roles quite well. Karnataka Ranji coaches, Arun Kumar and Mansur Ali also played crucial roles in making a team which can actually do wonders at this level. And their hard work paid off well, as their team played like true champions.
Hope after winning the Ranji title and consistent performance by a few players, we will see a couple of them in the Indian team soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months