Yuvraj Singh makes yet another comeback in Team India
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Fighter Yuvraj Singh is back with a bang. Once again the 32-year-old has proven that it is nearly impossible to write him off. On his quest to return in the national team, when selectors gave him a chance to prove his fitness and form, he simply left no stone unturned. And finally his hard work paid off as he has been selected into the squad announced by the BCCI on Monday for the upcoming limited overs series against Australia in October.
Yuvi last played for India on January 27 against England at Dharamsala and was dropped subsequently due to a poor run of form.
After playing a few match-winning knocks while leading the Indian A team against West Indies A in an unofficial ODI series and a one-off T20, the southpaw also performed well in the recently concluded Challengers Trophy while leading India Blue to victory.
Though Yuvi last played an international match in January but ever since his comeback in domestic league, he has been superb with his drives on the up and also with the pull shots which are coming with impeccable placement and timing.
Though, the stroke maker has already won the biggest battle of his life -- by defeating cancer -- but to make a comeback in the national team he needs to play such innings quite consistently now.
We all know that he is a real fighter and surprised many by his fighting instincts – be it on or off-the-field.
The only concern with him was of his fitness as no one can doubt his calibre as a cricketer. And to make a comeback, he went to France to attend a six-week fitness camp under the guidance of world renowned fitness expert, along with Zaheer Khan.
Yuvraj is now looking extremely fit. Now all the eyes would be on him when the series against Australia at home will kick start in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH