Hundreds of dead bodies have 'gone missing' from Hyderabad's two top state-run hospitals in the recent months, an RTI query has revealed.
Andhra Pradesh News
The police have been instructed to keep vigil at bus and railway stations, city junctions, places of worship and the business areas which have floating population.
Maintaining that the TRS victory in the by-election to the Warangal Lok Sabha seat is a 100 percent positive vote for his party, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday said Congress and BJP-TDP combine should stop their "blind" opposition towards the state government.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The Andhra Pradesh government recently issued a GO (order) allowing bauxite mining on 1,212 hectares of forest land, evoking sharp protests from opposition and tribals.
To ensure that their communication is not tracked, the IM operatives created fake email IDs that were changed every month.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday appealed to the Chinese government to design the proposed silk route via Visakhapatnam in the state.
Rajahmundry Regional Transport Officer (RTO) V Siri Anand on Monday warned of action against two-wheeler drivers who don't wear a helmet.
Officials said 14,000 people were shifted to relief camps in Nellore and Chittoor districts.
Three men allegedly wearing burkas barged into the office of the Chittoor Municipal Corporation in Andhra Pradesh and attacked the couple, both leaders of the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
Heavy rains continue to lash three districts of Andhra Pradesh, killing at least five people.
Two coaches of the Kochuveli-Guwahati express derailed between Nandalur and Kadappa stations in Andhara Pradesh.
A Sharjah-bound Air India aircraft was pulled back to its take off position on the runway at Karipur International airport here Monday.
In a major breakthrough for Andhra Pradesh police, most wanted international red sanders smuggler K. Gangi Reddy was on Sunday deported from Mauritius.
The state unit of Congress here on Saturday decided to intensify its agitation on the issue of special status for Andhra Pradesh from Monday.
S Ramaiah, a trader, jumped into the Owk reservoir in the district last evening along with his seven family members, including grand children.
A TDP leader from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday asked its central and state ally BJP to beware of three of its leaders.
At least four family members of former Congress MP S Rajaiah died in a mysterious fire at their house in Warangal district of Telangana.
The East Godavari police are yet to make a breakthrough in the alleged abduction of a 20-year-old son of a local pastor by Maoists in the district.
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has decided to defer the date for making wearing of helmets compulsory for two-wheeler riders to January 1.
Govind Yadav worked as sub-zonal commander in Manika area of Jharkhand between 2012-2014.
According to the police, the Maoists took away the pastor's son deep into the forest.
The Telugu Desam Party government had appealed to people not to become emotional and commit suicides over the issue.
The Andhra Pradesh govt has declared 196 mandals as drought-affected during the Kharif season of this year.
YSR Congress Party today said it will field a candidate for the Warangal Lok Sabha by-election, scheduled to be held on November 21.
About three lakh 'e-bricks' were purchased by Telugu NRIs in the US on a single day to contribute to the construction of Andhra Pradesh's new capital, state IT minister said on Monday.
The bypoll for Warangal (SC) Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana scheduled for November 21 is expected to witness a keen contest as the ruling TRS, opposition Congress and the TDP-BJP combine are drawing up plans to wrest the seat.
JC Prabhakar Reddy, a legislator of the ruling Telugu Desam party in Andhra Pradesh, on Saturday said he will start "accepting bribes" and "use the money for welfare activities" in his constituency as the state treasury was "cash-strapped".
A lawmaker belonging to the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh has announced that he will take bribes for development of his constituency.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent
- Nepal to seek details on shooting, SSB says smugglers on Indian soil
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test