YSRCP President Jagan Mohan Reddy, along with his family members and party leaders and supporters, on Wednesday paid homage to former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy on his sixth death anniversary.
Andhra Pradesh News
A man posing as a motorsports lover turned up at a posh Harley Davidson showroom in here and rode away with his 'test drive' bike, right in front of a bewildered staff.
The nation-wide strike called by trade unions on Wednesday hit transport and banking services in both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
A pschyopath who triggered panic by targeting women and young girls with an injection has allegedly attacked 11 women in Andhra Pradesh's West Godavari district, police said.
Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said the Centre is in favour of granting Special Category Status (SCS) to Andhra Pradesh and is in the process of finding out ways to fulfil the demand even as the Opposition parties in the state has upped the ante on the issue.
Stressing that Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana must come together "politically" to fight for their cause, a TRS MP today criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi's special package for poll-bound Bihar, saying it has not gone down well with many other states.
A number of women from Andhra Pradesh cabinet besides those from TDP and various social groups on Saturday tied rakhee to Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu at his camp office here.
The day-long state-wide bandh called by YSR Congress over the special category status issue for Andhra Pradesh began on Saturday with party workers and leaders staging protests in front of bus deports belonging to the State Road Transport Organisation (APSRTC).
A 40-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in Gudiwada town of Krishna district, reportedly over the demand for according special category status to Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
A teenaged girl is feared drowned after she jumped into Godavari river in an alleged suicide bid, police said today.
YSR Congress party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Wednesday alleged that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu during Delhi tour changed his tone from special status to 'special package' for the state and failed to keep the promise made during 2014 elections.
Mild tremors were on Wednesday felt in some areas of the district causing panic among the local residents, though there was no casualty, officials said.
YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Tuesday accused ruling TDP of cheating people on the special status issue even as he appealed to people to make successful the Saturday's shutdown called by his party.
Five inter-state red sanders smugglers were arrested and the precious wood worth Rs 2.67 crores was seized from their possession under Chennur mandal in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The Centre on Tuesday said a "roadmap" for implementing key provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act would be prepared and a final view on granting special status to the state would be taken "reconciling" with the Finance Commission's recommendations.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives, including that of a Karnataka MLA, in a collision between a truck and an express train in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi amid stepped up demand for special category status to the state.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said the Centre is working towards sorting out issues between Andhra Pradesh and Telengana under the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the loss of lives, including that of Karnataka MLA Venkatesh Naik, in an accident involving Bangalore City-Nanded Express train in Andhra Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the loss of lives in a train accident in Andhra Pradesh`s Anantapur district on Monday.
Missile Complex Hyderabad which comprises Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), the Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) and the Research Centre Imarat (RCI) will soon be renamed as 'Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Missile Complex', official sources said here on Monday.
The examination board of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has declared the results of 1st year B.Tech (R13, R09, R07, R05) regular and supplementary May 2015 exams on their official website.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has ordered a probe into the train disaster in Anantapur district which claimed six lives and left 20 injured in the early hours of Monday.
At least six lives were lost when Bangalore-Nanded express collided with a truck in Andhra Pradesh's Anantpur on early morning Monday.
Some trains on the South Central and South Western Railway lines have been diverted, said Anil Saxena, PRO of the Railways on Monday soon after a Bangalore-Nanded Express train collided with a lorry in crossing the railway track in Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday said that the government will announce an ex gratia payment for those injured and to the relatives of the five persons killed in this morning`s Bangalore-Nanded Express-lorry accident in Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh.
A Congress MLA from Karnataka was among six persons killed when a speeding granite-laden truck rammed into Bangalore-Nanded Express train after breaking the gate at a level crossing in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Monday.
Rich tributes were on Sunday paid to former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu on his 143rd birth anniversary.
Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday issued orders designating certain officials working as competent authorities in its Land Pooling Scheme in the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority as being competent to perform all functions of Collector under the Land Acquisition Act.
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Thursday said the government proposes to invest over Rs 3,030 crore in Andhra Pradesh by setting up several Central institutions, including IIT and IIM.
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi to replace LC Goyal as Union Home Secretary
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- Has Pakistan forgotten its history of losses at the hands of India? - Part II
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- LPG cylinders without subsidy now Rs. 25.50 less in Delhi
- Auto-taxi strike in Delhi on Wednesday against govt's new taxi services
- DNA: Manipur in boil, but where is the media!
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- Manipur violence: Houses of state health minister, 5 MLAs set on fire; curfew imposed in Churachandpur
- Agreed to kill Sheena Bora after Indrani Mukerjea told me Vidhie's life was in danger: Sanjeev Khanna
- Who sent messages from Sheena's mobile to her boyfriend Rahul after she was murdered? - Read
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Dinesh Karthik sues automobile designer Dilip Chhabria: Report
- Is Sheena Bora alive?