Right-wing Hindu groups on Friday urged the authorities not to allow beef festival proposed to be organised by some students` organisations in Osmania University on December 10.
Andhra Pradesh News
Traders in Sultan Bazar market downed shutters on Friday to protest against the decision of the Telangana govt not to change the original alignment of Hyderabad Metro Rail.
Hundreds of dead bodies have 'gone missing' from Hyderabad's two top state-run hospitals in the recent months, an RTI query has revealed.
The police have been instructed to keep vigil at bus and railway stations, city junctions, places of worship and the business areas which have floating population.
Maintaining that the TRS victory in the by-election to the Warangal Lok Sabha seat is a 100 percent positive vote for his party, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday said Congress and BJP-TDP combine should stop their "blind" opposition towards the state government.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The Andhra Pradesh government recently issued a GO (order) allowing bauxite mining on 1,212 hectares of forest land, evoking sharp protests from opposition and tribals.
To ensure that their communication is not tracked, the IM operatives created fake email IDs that were changed every month.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday appealed to the Chinese government to design the proposed silk route via Visakhapatnam in the state.
Rajahmundry Regional Transport Officer (RTO) V Siri Anand on Monday warned of action against two-wheeler drivers who don't wear a helmet.
Officials said 14,000 people were shifted to relief camps in Nellore and Chittoor districts.
Three men allegedly wearing burkas barged into the office of the Chittoor Municipal Corporation in Andhra Pradesh and attacked the couple, both leaders of the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
Heavy rains continue to lash three districts of Andhra Pradesh, killing at least five people.
Two coaches of the Kochuveli-Guwahati express derailed between Nandalur and Kadappa stations in Andhara Pradesh.
A Sharjah-bound Air India aircraft was pulled back to its take off position on the runway at Karipur International airport here Monday.
In a major breakthrough for Andhra Pradesh police, most wanted international red sanders smuggler K. Gangi Reddy was on Sunday deported from Mauritius.
The state unit of Congress here on Saturday decided to intensify its agitation on the issue of special status for Andhra Pradesh from Monday.
S Ramaiah, a trader, jumped into the Owk reservoir in the district last evening along with his seven family members, including grand children.
A TDP leader from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday asked its central and state ally BJP to beware of three of its leaders.
At least four family members of former Congress MP S Rajaiah died in a mysterious fire at their house in Warangal district of Telangana.
The East Godavari police are yet to make a breakthrough in the alleged abduction of a 20-year-old son of a local pastor by Maoists in the district.
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has decided to defer the date for making wearing of helmets compulsory for two-wheeler riders to January 1.
Govind Yadav worked as sub-zonal commander in Manika area of Jharkhand between 2012-2014.
According to the police, the Maoists took away the pastor's son deep into the forest.
The Telugu Desam Party government had appealed to people not to become emotional and commit suicides over the issue.
The Andhra Pradesh govt has declared 196 mandals as drought-affected during the Kharif season of this year.
YSR Congress Party today said it will field a candidate for the Warangal Lok Sabha by-election, scheduled to be held on November 21.
About three lakh 'e-bricks' were purchased by Telugu NRIs in the US on a single day to contribute to the construction of Andhra Pradesh's new capital, state IT minister said on Monday.
The bypoll for Warangal (SC) Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana scheduled for November 21 is expected to witness a keen contest as the ruling TRS, opposition Congress and the TDP-BJP combine are drawing up plans to wrest the seat.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- When will 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed get arrested?
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF