Two minors and a woman have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the rape and murder of a three-year-old girl whose body was found dumped in a gunny bag in Vemulapalli village of Krishna district in the state, police said on Friday.
Andhra Pradesh News
The Congress on Friday demanded a Supreme Court-monitored CBI inquiry into the cash-for-vote scam and the alleged phone-tapping by the TRS government.
The Supreme Court on Friday refused to cancel the bail granted by Andhra Pradesh High Court to Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy, the prime accused in a cash-for-vote case.
Against the backdrop of tension between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana over different issues, President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday suggested that both states should live together in peace and harmony with good neighbourly relations.
Andhra Pradesh officials on Friday said that the reports of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's convoy being involved in an accident in the West Godavari district are incorrect.
A day after he was released on bail in the cash-for-vote scam, fresh cases were registered on Thursday against TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and other party leaders for organising a rally defying prohibitory orders and his speech against Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
Telangana Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-vote case, has moved the Supreme Court against the Hyderabad High Court's order granting bail to TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday launched an attack on the Devendra Fadnavis Government for derecognising madrassas as `schools`, saying it was a `deliberate contradiction` as the BJP had pledged in their 2014 election manifesto to modernise the Islamic seminaries.
D Srinivas, a senior Congress leader in Telangana, on Thursday quit the party and announced his decision to join the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Heavy inflows into Mettur dam saw a rise in its level to 81.83 feet against its full level of 120 feet.
Customs officials have seized three kilograms of gold from a passenger at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
The roving 'SHE Teams' that keeps a hawkish eye on eve-teasers have arrested four men, including a septuagenarian, for allegedly teasing women in separate cases in the city, police said on Wednesday.
A day after getting bail from Hyderabad High Court, Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others were on Wednesday released from Cherlapally Central Prison here, with scores of cheering supporters of Reddy raising slogans and waving Telugu Desam flags.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will today inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will on Wednesday inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in the case pertaining to alleged quid-pro-quo investments made in his firms on Wednesday appeared before a special CBI court here which posted the matter to July 24.
President Pranab Mukherjee will offer worship at the ancient hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Wednesday.
Three constables were today suspended and disciplinary action was initiated against a Home Guard for allegedly assaulting four persons, including an NRI, at Musheerabad Police Station here on June 25, police said on Tuesday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday rejected a public interest petition seeking a direction to the Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to exercise special powers under a section of the Reoganisation Act that has become a bone of contention between the two States.
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday for a 10-day southern sojourn during which he will also visit Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple in Tirupati.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday dismissed an application moved by Telangana's nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson seeking the judge to recuse himself from hearing a petition filed by J Muthaiah, an accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Four teenagers including two brothers drowned in a water tank at Narsapuram village here, police said Monday.
A city court on Monday extended till July 13 the judicial custody of TDP legislator A. Revanth Reddy in cash-for-vote scam.
A 32-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after poisoning her two children at a village in East Godavari district, police said on Sunday.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two youths in Vemuru village near Tenali town in Guntur district, police said on Saturday.
In view of the 'Godavari Pushkarams', Andhra Pradesh police on Saturday said they have made elaborate security arrangements in all Pushkaram areas including an aerial surveillance through drones.
Two suspected red sanders smugglers were on Saturday arrested from the district and 126 logs of wood worth Rs six crore in the international market were recovered from them, police said.
A children rights group on Saturday approached the state Lokayukta to order Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments for the shutdown of KFC outlets following the results of a test showing the presence of bacteria linked to food poisoning.
Seven forest employees were arrested here for their alleged involvement in smuggling of red sanders, police said on Saturday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Friday reserved till June 30 its order on the bail applications of Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two other accused in the cash-for-vote case.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Teaser of Bhandarkar's much awaited 'Calendar Girls' unveiled!
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Wimbledon 2015: Federer, Murray sweep through; Nadal crashes out in second round
- FIH Hockey World League Semifinals: India vs Belgium - Preview
- Smartphone that can tell you're pregnant comes closer to reality