Against the backdrop of tension between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana over different issues, President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday suggested that both states should live together in peace and harmony with good neighbourly relations.
Andhra Pradesh News
Andhra Pradesh officials on Friday said that the reports of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's convoy being involved in an accident in the West Godavari district are incorrect.
A day after he was released on bail in the cash-for-vote scam, fresh cases were registered on Thursday against TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and other party leaders for organising a rally defying prohibitory orders and his speech against Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
Telangana Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-vote case, has moved the Supreme Court against the Hyderabad High Court's order granting bail to TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday launched an attack on the Devendra Fadnavis Government for derecognising madrassas as `schools`, saying it was a `deliberate contradiction` as the BJP had pledged in their 2014 election manifesto to modernise the Islamic seminaries.
D Srinivas, a senior Congress leader in Telangana, on Thursday quit the party and announced his decision to join the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Heavy inflows into Mettur dam saw a rise in its level to 81.83 feet against its full level of 120 feet.
Customs officials have seized three kilograms of gold from a passenger at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
The roving 'SHE Teams' that keeps a hawkish eye on eve-teasers have arrested four men, including a septuagenarian, for allegedly teasing women in separate cases in the city, police said on Wednesday.
A day after getting bail from Hyderabad High Court, Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others were on Wednesday released from Cherlapally Central Prison here, with scores of cheering supporters of Reddy raising slogans and waving Telugu Desam flags.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will today inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will on Wednesday inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in the case pertaining to alleged quid-pro-quo investments made in his firms on Wednesday appeared before a special CBI court here which posted the matter to July 24.
President Pranab Mukherjee will offer worship at the ancient hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Wednesday.
Three constables were today suspended and disciplinary action was initiated against a Home Guard for allegedly assaulting four persons, including an NRI, at Musheerabad Police Station here on June 25, police said on Tuesday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday rejected a public interest petition seeking a direction to the Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to exercise special powers under a section of the Reoganisation Act that has become a bone of contention between the two States.
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday for a 10-day southern sojourn during which he will also visit Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple in Tirupati.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday dismissed an application moved by Telangana's nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson seeking the judge to recuse himself from hearing a petition filed by J Muthaiah, an accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Four teenagers including two brothers drowned in a water tank at Narsapuram village here, police said Monday.
A city court on Monday extended till July 13 the judicial custody of TDP legislator A. Revanth Reddy in cash-for-vote scam.
A 32-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after poisoning her two children at a village in East Godavari district, police said on Sunday.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two youths in Vemuru village near Tenali town in Guntur district, police said on Saturday.
In view of the 'Godavari Pushkarams', Andhra Pradesh police on Saturday said they have made elaborate security arrangements in all Pushkaram areas including an aerial surveillance through drones.
Two suspected red sanders smugglers were on Saturday arrested from the district and 126 logs of wood worth Rs six crore in the international market were recovered from them, police said.
A children rights group on Saturday approached the state Lokayukta to order Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments for the shutdown of KFC outlets following the results of a test showing the presence of bacteria linked to food poisoning.
Seven forest employees were arrested here for their alleged involvement in smuggling of red sanders, police said on Saturday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Friday reserved till June 30 its order on the bail applications of Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two other accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Andhra Pradesh government targets to achieve 18.2 per cent Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) in the current fiscal by focusing on agriculture and allied sectors, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Friday said.
ESL Narasimhan, the governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, will on Friday meet Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Thursday demanded that the state be paid royalty for on-shore and off-shore gas and oil exploration.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- How safe is your digital currency?
- IOA offers financial aid to Satnam Singh's academy
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Bouncer beaten up by goons in Ghaziabad
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- India celebrates National Doctors' Day, expresses gratitude for their indispensable service
- Kiren Rijiju 'delays' Air India flight, three 'offloaded' to accommodate him
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Opposition slams AAP govt for setting aside Rs 526 cr for advertisements
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises