A bench was hearing a PIL filed by an activist who alleged that the AIMIM leaders made speeches which amounted to spreading communal disharmony.
Andhra Pradesh News
Five persons, including two children, were today killed after the roof of a house collapsed due to incessant rains at Utapalavaram village in Kadapa district, police said.
YSR Congress Party and leaders of Left parties, including CPI and CPM, today demanded immediate withdrawal of Andhra Pradesh government's notification for land pooling for the proposed Machilipatnam Port and Industrial Corridor (MPIC).
Concerned over increasing number of accidents involving drunk drivers, police in Hyderabad and Cyberabad commissionerates are mulling to introduce "designated driver" concept.
The Congress vowed to raise the issue in the Upper House until voting takes place on the bill.
A bill seeking special category status to the reorganised state of Andhra Pradesh is expected to come up for voting in the Upper House on Friday.
Police have arrested boys who burnt alive three puppies in Hyderabad.
In an apparent blow to All India Majlis-eIttahadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi, the families of two of the seven alleged operatives of the Islamic State (IS) have turned down his offer providing legal aid to fight court battle.
"The court directed the police to book a case and accordingly the case was booked under section 124A (sedition)," Deputy Commissioner of Police Tafseer Iqubal told PTI.
The project for restoration of the over 400-year-old tombs complex started in 2013.
The Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education on Thursday (July 14, 2016) declared the AP SSC supplementary results 2016/AP 10th Class Supplementary examination results 2016.
Through a blog, which was published on a leading news website, the AIMIM chief explained the rational behind calling ISIS fighters 'the dogs from hell'.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslim (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi had made a scathing attack on the Islamic State and said that the members of the militant outfit were “dogs from hell”.
The two were arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation at Hyderabad for their involvement in terror conspiracy case.
Ten-year-old Hyderabad girl had been on ventilator support for over a week.
Andhra Pradesh Government today decided to issue Letters of Intent to five private universities for setting up their campuses in the State. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu here this afternoon.
Gaiety and religious fervour marked Eid-ul-Fitr in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.
Four members of a family allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a salt creek at a village in East Godavari district in the wee hours on Thursday, police said.
Dismissing the Telangana government's allegation that it has violated copyright laws in submitting data to the Centre for 'Ease of Doing Business' (EoDB) presentation, the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday said the charge is baseless and slanderous.
A businessman here strangulated his wife, a Congolese national, cut the body into pieces and set them ablaze as he was suspecting her character, police said on Tuesday.
Five youths were arrested by NIA in Hyderabad on June 29, who they said were getting instructions from ISIS for planning and carrying out terror acts in India.
The National Investigation Agency has found an evidence proving a connection between the five Hyderabad youths it arrested on June 29 and the Islamic State (IS).
The five youth, who were sent to judicial custody for 14 days on Thursday, are currently lodged in Cherlapally Jail.
AIMIM president Asaduddin Owaisi on Sunday strongly defended his decision to provide legal aid to the five city-based youths arrested by NIA on charges of being involved in an alleged ISIS terror module, saying there is nothing wrong in it.
This could spell a major trouble for AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi!
A police complaint was on Sunday lodged against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi in Hyderabad over his decision to provide legal help to five arrested terror suspects while a petition seeking a sedition case against him was filed in a court in Meerut.
Slamming AIMIM President Asaduddin Owaisi over his decision to provide legal help to men arrested for allegedly being members of an ISIS module, BJP on Sunday accused him of "betraying" the country and sought action against him for "helping" the terror group.
Some shocking revelations have been made after the arrest of five Islamic State (IS) suspects in Hyderabad.
The MIM chief had on Friday announced that his party would provide legal aid to five IS suspects arrested from Hyderabad earlier this week by the NIA.
The MIM chief wondered if government can do away with Article 371 which has given cultural rights and protection to Mizoram and Nagaland.
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind Yahoo's downfall
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity Part-II
- DNA: Today in History, 28 July, 2016
- Women fight over seat in London metro
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ
- Rafael Nadal will travel to Rio, but injury situation still delicate: David Ferrer
- Mahasweta Devi – the gutsy social activist who took on political bigwigs for the dispossessed
- China says pressing ahead with own anti-missile system
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Kusal Mendis emulates Kumar Sangakkara, scores 150-plus runs in 2nd innings against Aussies
- Man held with 116 bottles of liquor in Bihar
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- No relief from HC for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing
- Pope Francis falls in Poland, escapes injury
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro with dual rear cameras, OLED display, 128GB memory launched