Andhra Pradesh Government Friday urged External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to expedite steps for safe return of four Indians, including two persons from Hyderabad and Srikakulam, who were abducted in Libya.
Andhra Pradesh News
An 11-year-old girl died of a snake bite in Andhra Pradesh, while her three-year-old brother is in critical condition.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday directed officials to expedite the pending works of irrigation projects in the drought-prone Rayalaseema region.
A 22-year-old jilted lover, who allegedly stabbed two sisters to death at their house in Gayathri Nagar area here on July 14, was on Tuesday arrested by the police.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who died on Monday, had a special attachment to Hyderabad where he led India's missile development programme and worked on various projects to use the spin-offs of defence research for healthcare.
Hailing former President APJ Abdul Kalam as a great statesman who always wanted to reach out to the people, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday urged that homage be paid to the departed soul in all government offices in the state.
More than 11 crore people took a dip in the Godavari river in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh during the 12-day Godavari maha pushkaralu festival that ended on Saturday.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has said that the state government planned to link the Godavari river with Krishna and Penna rivers.
After Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi made a strong pitch for grant of "special category" status to Andhra Pradesh and accused the state government of not pushing the matter seriously, the Chief Minister has said that he was confident of getting it operationalised with the help of Centre.
Tens of thousands thronged the banks of the Godavari in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh to take a holy dip on Saturday, the last day of Godavari maha pushkaralu, a de facto Kumbh mela.
Praising the Self-Help Group (SHG) women movement built over the years in Andhra Pradesh, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Friday alleged that the TDP government in the state has destroyed the endeavour.
As many as 3.85 crore pilgrims have taken holy dip in the ongoing Godavari 'Maha Pushkaram' since the festival began in Andhra Pradesh on July 14, a state minister said on Thursday.
Authorities here have stepped up measures to ensure security on the banks of Godavari river due to rise in water level keeping in view the rush of pilgrims attending the 12-day 'Pushkaram' festival.
The Andhra Pradesh Government wants to keep beggars away from bathing ghats during the ongoing 'Godavari Puskharam' and is offering Rs 10,000 to each of them so that they stay away from the religious event, which is attracting lakhs of pilgrims here.
The Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday allotted 2,295 acres of land for a missile testing range coming up in Kurnool district.
In a unique initiative to keep them away from the crowded ghats where Godavari Pushkaralu is now being held, beggars have been asked by the Andhra Pradesh government to take Rs 5,000.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has urged pilgrims at Godavari Pushkaram to keep bathing ghats clean and take it upon themselves as a responsibility.
A meeting of the Andhra Pradesh Cabinet would be held on Wednesday in Rajahmundry where Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is staying for the ongoing Godavari Pushakaram.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would undertake a 'padayatra' and interact with farmers, weavers and women from self-help groups in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh during a visit on July 24.
YSR Congress on Tuesday alleged that the master plan for AP capital city released by the TDP government is a "diversionary tactic" to "cover up" the recent 'Pushkaram' stampede tragedy which claimed 27 lives.
MDMK leader Vaiko on Tuesday said he would decide on the next course of action if the Tamil Nadu government does not take any steps to inquire into the incident of gunning down of 20 workers from the state by the Andhra Pradesh Police in the Seshachalam forest in April.
Two of Singapore's township developers are likely to bid for projects to develop Andhra Pradesh's new capital city, Amravati.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notices to the Chief Secretary and Director General of Andhra Pradesh Police on the basis of media reports that a woman Tehsildar from Krishna district was beaten by an MLA of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and an alleged sand mafia in the presence of policemen on July 9.
Nine persons were on Monday killed and eight others injured when an APSRTC bus rammed into a stationary autorickshaw here, police said.
Eight persons, including three women, inside a stationary auto were on Monday killed and four others injured after it was hit by a state transport bus here, police said.
ESL Narasimhan, Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, on Monday took a holy dip in the river Godavari on the seventh day of the ongoing 'Mahapushkaram' here.
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) is running 300 special buses, in a bid to meet the extra rush of pilgrims on holiday for the ongoing Godavari Pushkaram.
In a gruesome incident, a man allegedly killed his wife and infant child by setting them on fire in Chittinagar area here on Saturday.
Muslims across Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Saturday celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr with religious fervour and gaiety.
Necessary arrangements are in place to handle the heavy flow of devotees that is expected at bathing ghats for Godavari Pushkaram in view of two consecutive holidays, Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister N Chinnarajappa said on Saturday.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Yakub Memon hanged a day before his daughter turns 21
- Landmark judgement: 14-year-old rape survivor allowed to abort by Supreme Court
- Sonia must clarify why Congress didn't allow discussion on Gurdaspur attack, says Arun Jaitley
- Kissing more dangerous than smoking, can cause cancer
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Top 5 ways to celebrate Guru Purnima!
- Nation bids tearful adieu to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam; PM Modi attends funeral in Rameswaram