The toll in rain-related incidents in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh rose to 10 today while a Central team is expected to visit the state to assess the damage caused by the heavy showers.
Andhra Pradesh News
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is conducting a demolition drive against unauthorised constructions that came up in the city on lakes and drainage systems, causing flooding in several areas.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday conducted an aerial survey of the flood-hit parts of Andhra Pradesh's Guntur district.
The teams are in touch with the local administration and monitoring the situation round the clock, NDRF said.
T Gopikrishna from Andhra Pradesh and Ch Balram Kishan from Telangana, who were teaching at Libya's Sirte University, were abducted by Islamic State militants in July last year.
At least eight people have so far lost their lives in rain-related incidents in Telangana's Medak district, with the army being deployed in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts for rescue operations, even as heavy showers continue to lash parts of the state on Sunday.
According to an IMD report, a low pressure area lies over Telangana, south Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha region.
Incessant rains continued to batter the city for the third day on Friday, prompting Telangana government to ask IT companies to allow their employees in the city to work from home even as help has been sought from the Army for rescue operation in some areas.
Authorities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the two states for a second consecutive day on Friday, claiming at least eight innocent lives.
Authorities in Hyderabad have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the city and outskirts for a second consecutive day Thursday.
Five persons were on Thursday killed in separate rain-related incidents in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
A bus with 47 passengers was caught in flood waters in Andhra Pradesh`s Guntur district on Thursday, authorities said.
The trains from Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad, New Delhi, and Mumbai are diverted via Vijayawada bypass line.
Body of an unidentified young woman was today found near a college in Gandipet area here with her throat slit and hands tied, police said.
The BJP has 11 legislators in the 60-member Arunachal Pradesh assembly.
A first-year student of Masters in Fine Arts (MFA) from the University of Hyderabad has allegedly committed suicide in the hostel room by hanging himself.
Vehicular traffic came to a standstill in many parts of Hyderabad this evening, after heavy downpour lashed the city in the afternoon.
Two boys died due to dengue in Anantapuramu in Andhra Pradesh today, prompting authorities to take corrective steps to improve sanitation standards in the city.
This video released by the Hyderabad Police has a message for you.
"Financial assistance announced by the Centre to AP, sanctioned and underway, will be worth Rs 2.25 lakh crore. The state will benefit from this special package more than the special status," Naidu said.
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said the financial package of Rs 2.25 lakh crore announced by the Centre for Andhra Pradesh will benefit the state more than the special category status being demanded by it.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) delegation from Andhra Pradesh called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday and thanked him for the announcement of a special package for the state.
The three-day Monsoon session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly ended abruptly today after the opposition YSR Congress members created ruckus as they tried to uproot mikes and damage cameras over the special category status issue.
"We are still seeking grant of special category status to Andhra Pradesh if there is any scope," Naidu said.
The Chief Minister also found fault with the YSRC and other opposition parties for the Andhra Pradesh bandh call tomorrow.
Recalling that BJP passed a resolution in 1996 in Kakinada favouring division of Andhra Pradesh, Jana Sena Party chief Pawan Kalyan said it was not honouring the commitment.
Political parties should do their "homework" instead of sticking to their demand of seeking special status for Andhra Pradesh, Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said.
There was utter bedlam in the Andhra Pradesh assembly on Friday as opposition legislators jostled with marshals near the speaker's podium and uprooted the mike.
723 people died of extreme heat wave conditions in Andhra Pradesh in the last four months, Deputy Chief Minister N China Rajappa has said.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Soon, BSNL to offer lifetime free voice plan for all networks
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH