It seems that Congress workers have found a bizarre or rather painful way to welcome their leaders.
Andhra Pradesh News
Hundreds of people today bid a tearful adieu to Adithi, a six years old girl who was swept away in a stormwater drain here during a torrential rain last week and whose body was found only yesterday after a massive search operation involving the Navy.
The Andhra Pradesh government is exploring the possibility of launching a unique crowd-funding initiative to develop its capital city Amaravathi coming up in the Vijayawada region.
About 16 lakh trucks went off the roads in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Thursday as part of the nationwide indefinite strike by the truckers to protest against the present toll system.
In a gruesome incident, a five-year-old boy was murdered allegedly by a man in a suspected case of human sacrifice as part of a witchcraft-related ritual in Prakasam district here on Wednesday.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu's son Lokesh has got an elevation in the party with his appointment as the General Secretary of its Central Committee.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) national president N. Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday announced a central committee and two state committees for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Tension prevailed at Osmania University here on Tuesday night as police arrested leaders and activists of students' organisations preparing to participate in Wednesday's march to the assembly.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday lampooned Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse for his comments on banning his party, saying the latter was hypnotised by Sanatan Sanstha teachings.
The toll in the flash floods as heavy rains lashed the hills here has risen to eight as four more bodies were recovered at various ponds in the area, police said on Monday.
A 19-year-old youth has gone missing in the sea at Machilipatnam in Krishna district, police said on Monday.
Three youth were killed and one was critically injured in Hyderabad when their car rammed intol a roadside wall on Monday, police said.
With the auction of the customary "Balapur Ganesh Laddu", the grand event of Ganesh idols immersion began here on Sunday with much fanfare and amid tight security.
As part of the Andhra Pradesh government's plan to shift the capital base from Hyderabad to Vijayawada region, it has started taking on lease plush villas and other properties there, which will be allotted to its ministers and officials.
Andhra Pradesh minister Devineni Umamaheswara Rao on Saturday gave up his LPG subsidy as part of the ongoing 'Give It Up' campaign.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu's net assets stood at Rs 42.4 lakh as on March 31 this year, his son N Lokesh said on Saturday.
The Guntur police has denied permission to YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy for holding the "continuous" hunger strike - 'Deeksha' at a venue here.
Almost a month after a 10-day-old baby died after being bitten by rats in a government hospital in Andhra Pradesh, two snakes surfaced in the same hospital.
The district administration conducted a special cleanliness drive at the state government general hospital, days after a newborn died due to multiple rodent bites inside the ICU of the hospital.
The Andhra Pradesh police is mulling the use of drone cameras for enhanced surveillance in Seshachalam forests of Chittoor-Kadapa-Nellore region in its bid to tighten the noose around red sanders smugglers.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday called on Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and invited him to the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the new state capital next month.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi has slammed Union Minister for Tourism and Culture Mahesh Sharma for his comments that APJ Abdul Kalam was a great nationalist despite being a Muslim.
Three students of Aditya Institute of Technology and Management (AITAM), Tekkali, went missing after they went for a swim in the sea at Bhavanapadu in the Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
Scaling up its agitation for the special category status to Andhra Pradesh, the Congress will launch a campaign wherein it will sent one crore SMSes to Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Union ministers from the state.
In a shocking incident, stray dogs mauled a 20-month-old child to death in Andhra Pradesh's coastal city of Visakhapatnam on Friday.
On the 67th anniversary of Hyderabad State's merger with the Union of India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid tributes to those who sacrificed their lives for it and particularly highlighted the "exemplary" role played by Sardar Patel.
In an historic step in the mission to inter-link rivers, the Godavari was formally connected with the Krishna in Andhra Pradesh today.
In a good news to farmers, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will release water of river Godavari into Krishna on Wednesday to mark the formal linking of the two rivers.
A city-based sweetshop, which has already set four Guinness Records for making large 'laddus', is attempting to better its achievement by making a mammoth laddu weighing 8,000 kg for the Ganesha festival celebrations commencing on Thursday.
Two tall idols of Hindu God - Lord Ganesha - 80 and 63 feet respectively will be installed at Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada in Andra Pradesh as the state gears up to celebrate the festival of the elephant god beginning September 17.
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- Dadri lynching: BJP's Sangit Som accuses Akhilesh govt of politicizing issue
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Patidaar Community to protest during Rajkot cricket match on 18th October
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Hindu community lives in constant fear in Pakistan: US lawmakers
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Dadri lynching: Akhilesh Yadav meets victim Iqlakh's kin, announces 45 lakh ex-gratia
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Dadri lynching: BJP MLA Sangeet Som questions arrests, says SP appeasing minority community
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Pakistan arrests 100 Indian fishermen
- Nine die as US air strike hits Afghan hospital
- Sheikh Hasina accuses 'BNP-Jamaat' of killing foreigners in Bangladesh; ISIS takes responsibility