Five persons, including two children, were today killed after the roof of a house collapsed due to incessant rains at Utapalavaram village in Kadapa district, police said.
Andhra Pradesh News
YSR Congress Party and leaders of Left parties, including CPI and CPM, today demanded immediate withdrawal of Andhra Pradesh government's notification for land pooling for the proposed Machilipatnam Port and Industrial Corridor (MPIC).
Concerned over increasing number of accidents involving drunk drivers, police in Hyderabad and Cyberabad commissionerates are mulling to introduce "designated driver" concept.
The Congress vowed to raise the issue in the Upper House until voting takes place on the bill.
A bill seeking special category status to the reorganised state of Andhra Pradesh is expected to come up for voting in the Upper House on Friday.
Police have arrested boys who burnt alive three puppies in Hyderabad.
In an apparent blow to All India Majlis-eIttahadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi, the families of two of the seven alleged operatives of the Islamic State (IS) have turned down his offer providing legal aid to fight court battle.
"The court directed the police to book a case and accordingly the case was booked under section 124A (sedition)," Deputy Commissioner of Police Tafseer Iqubal told PTI.
The project for restoration of the over 400-year-old tombs complex started in 2013.
The Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education on Thursday (July 14, 2016) declared the AP SSC supplementary results 2016/AP 10th Class Supplementary examination results 2016.
Through a blog, which was published on a leading news website, the AIMIM chief explained the rational behind calling ISIS fighters 'the dogs from hell'.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslim (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi had made a scathing attack on the Islamic State and said that the members of the militant outfit were “dogs from hell”.
The two were arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation at Hyderabad for their involvement in terror conspiracy case.
Ten-year-old Hyderabad girl had been on ventilator support for over a week.
Andhra Pradesh Government today decided to issue Letters of Intent to five private universities for setting up their campuses in the State. The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu here this afternoon.
Gaiety and religious fervour marked Eid-ul-Fitr in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Thursday.
Four members of a family allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a salt creek at a village in East Godavari district in the wee hours on Thursday, police said.
Dismissing the Telangana government's allegation that it has violated copyright laws in submitting data to the Centre for 'Ease of Doing Business' (EoDB) presentation, the Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday said the charge is baseless and slanderous.
A businessman here strangulated his wife, a Congolese national, cut the body into pieces and set them ablaze as he was suspecting her character, police said on Tuesday.
Five youths were arrested by NIA in Hyderabad on June 29, who they said were getting instructions from ISIS for planning and carrying out terror acts in India.
The National Investigation Agency has found an evidence proving a connection between the five Hyderabad youths it arrested on June 29 and the Islamic State (IS).
The five youth, who were sent to judicial custody for 14 days on Thursday, are currently lodged in Cherlapally Jail.
AIMIM president Asaduddin Owaisi on Sunday strongly defended his decision to provide legal aid to the five city-based youths arrested by NIA on charges of being involved in an alleged ISIS terror module, saying there is nothing wrong in it.
This could spell a major trouble for AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi!
A police complaint was on Sunday lodged against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi in Hyderabad over his decision to provide legal help to five arrested terror suspects while a petition seeking a sedition case against him was filed in a court in Meerut.
Slamming AIMIM President Asaduddin Owaisi over his decision to provide legal help to men arrested for allegedly being members of an ISIS module, BJP on Sunday accused him of "betraying" the country and sought action against him for "helping" the terror group.
Some shocking revelations have been made after the arrest of five Islamic State (IS) suspects in Hyderabad.
The MIM chief had on Friday announced that his party would provide legal aid to five IS suspects arrested from Hyderabad earlier this week by the NIA.
The MIM chief wondered if government can do away with Article 371 which has given cultural rights and protection to Mizoram and Nagaland.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday met Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here and discussed developmental issues.
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part-II
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part III
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from Srinagar
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report
- Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton in new national poll
- Derogatory remarks against Mayawati: Non-bailable warrant issued against Dayashankar Singh
- Sri Lanka cricket board files complaint on Muttiah Muralitharan following training ground bust-up
- Why are Dalits asking permission from CM Shivraj Chouhan to end their lives? – Read
- CBDT issues draft norms for taxing buy back of unlisted shares
- Missing AN-32: Thorough probe will be conducted, says IAF chief
- Sovereign Gold Bond: NSE gets bids worth Rs 106 crore
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics