Central Vigilance Commissioner KV Chowdary Tuesday stressed the need for speedy disposal of corruption cases while emphasising on early detection of frauds.
Andhra Pradesh News
Telugu Desam Party candidate Magunta Srinivasulu Reddy on Tuesday won the Prakasam district's MLC election under local bodies quota.
Jailed Indian Mujahideen operative Yasin Bhatkal was on Monday produced before a local court which extended his judicial remand.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday declined to order a CBI inquiry into the killing of 20 red sander woodcutters by Andhra Pradesh police in Chittoor district of the state in April this year.
The Andhra Pradesh government on Monday transferred intelligence chief AR Anuradha and appointed AB Venkateswara Rao as Additional DGP, Intelligence.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Telangana on Monday arrested TDP legislator Sandra Venkata Veeraiah in the cash-for-vote case.
Authorities have beefed up security at Cherlapally prison here following reports that Indian Mujahideen founder Yasin Bhatkal might try to escape.
Two minors and a woman have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the rape and murder of a three-year-old girl whose body was found dumped in a gunny bag in Vemulapalli village of Krishna district in the state, police said on Friday.
The Congress on Friday demanded a Supreme Court-monitored CBI inquiry into the cash-for-vote scam and the alleged phone-tapping by the TRS government.
The Supreme Court on Friday refused to cancel the bail granted by Andhra Pradesh High Court to Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy, the prime accused in a cash-for-vote case.
Against the backdrop of tension between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana over different issues, President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday suggested that both states should live together in peace and harmony with good neighbourly relations.
Andhra Pradesh officials on Friday said that the reports of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's convoy being involved in an accident in the West Godavari district are incorrect.
A day after he was released on bail in the cash-for-vote scam, fresh cases were registered on Thursday against TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and other party leaders for organising a rally defying prohibitory orders and his speech against Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
Telangana Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-vote case, has moved the Supreme Court against the Hyderabad High Court's order granting bail to TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday launched an attack on the Devendra Fadnavis Government for derecognising madrassas as `schools`, saying it was a `deliberate contradiction` as the BJP had pledged in their 2014 election manifesto to modernise the Islamic seminaries.
D Srinivas, a senior Congress leader in Telangana, on Thursday quit the party and announced his decision to join the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Heavy inflows into Mettur dam saw a rise in its level to 81.83 feet against its full level of 120 feet.
Customs officials have seized three kilograms of gold from a passenger at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
The roving 'SHE Teams' that keeps a hawkish eye on eve-teasers have arrested four men, including a septuagenarian, for allegedly teasing women in separate cases in the city, police said on Wednesday.
A day after getting bail from Hyderabad High Court, Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others were on Wednesday released from Cherlapally Central Prison here, with scores of cheering supporters of Reddy raising slogans and waving Telugu Desam flags.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will today inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will on Wednesday inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in the case pertaining to alleged quid-pro-quo investments made in his firms on Wednesday appeared before a special CBI court here which posted the matter to July 24.
President Pranab Mukherjee will offer worship at the ancient hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Wednesday.
Three constables were today suspended and disciplinary action was initiated against a Home Guard for allegedly assaulting four persons, including an NRI, at Musheerabad Police Station here on June 25, police said on Tuesday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday rejected a public interest petition seeking a direction to the Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to exercise special powers under a section of the Reoganisation Act that has become a bone of contention between the two States.
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday for a 10-day southern sojourn during which he will also visit Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple in Tirupati.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday dismissed an application moved by Telangana's nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson seeking the judge to recuse himself from hearing a petition filed by J Muthaiah, an accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Four teenagers including two brothers drowned in a water tank at Narsapuram village here, police said Monday.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC