A 28-year-old research scholar of the University of Hyderabad went missing on Sunday.
Andhra Pradesh News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be the chief guest at the International City Parade to be held in Visakhapatnam on Sunday evening as part of the ongoing International Fleet Review 2016.
The demonstrators were seen holding banners and placards at the protest site in Indira Park here.
President Pranab Mukherjee , the supreme commander of the three defence forces, inspected the International Fleet Review (IFR) at Vishakhapatnam on Saturday.
The chief minister said people had given a befitting reply to those who were creating apprehensions in the minds of people from Andhra Pradesh settled in Hyderabad.
The TRS had no representation in the previous body, where the Congress shared power with MIM after their victory in 2009 elections.
Kapu leader Mudragada Padmanabham on Friday launched indefinite fast along with his wife, demanding reservation for Kapu community.
Akbaruddin Owaisi was heard making the remarks in a video that has gone viral on social media.
Police on Wednesday booked MIM leaders Asaduddin Owaisi and his brother Akbaruddin Owaisi and arrested three activists of the party for attacks on their political rivals during elections to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) on Tuesday.
Asaduddin is the Lok Sabha MP from Hyderabad, while his brother is the MLA from Chandrayangutta in Hyderabad.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi has been booked for allegedly attacking the Congress workers during the GHMC polls yesterday after which the police had to resort to mild lathi-charge to disperse them.
Tension prevailed in the Mirchowk area here on Tuesday as MIM and Congress workers clashed during the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) polls and the police had to resort to lathi-charge to disperse them.
The Congress leader had last week visited Hyderabad Central University to express solidarity with students protesting the suicide of Rohith.
As UPA's flagship scheme MGNREGA completed 10 years on Tuesday, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "failing" to understand its benefits.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday took a dig at BJP-led NDA central government over the delay in granting special status to Andhra Pradesh.
In a bizarre case, a voter in the Hyderabad civic polls turned up with an officially issued identity card carrying the name and picture of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday arrived at Bandlapalli, Anantpur in Andhra Pradesh to commemorate ten years of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) here.
MNREGA provides 100 days of work to rural job card holders.
A two-year-old girl, who fell into an abandoned borewell at a village in the district yesterday, was found dead Tuesday.
Polling for the GHMC elections began under unprecedented security on Tuesday morning. The GHMC elections have seen witnessed a high-voltage campaign from the ruling TRS, opposition Congress, TDP-BJP combine and the MIM candidates.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made today and reinforcements sent to East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, where a stir by Kapu community
Additional police and paramilitary forces were rushed to coastal Andhra Pradesh on Monday, a day after large-scale violence rocked Tuni town in East Godavari district during a protest by Kapus demanding reservation.
Kapu leaders have called off their protest for reservation under Backward Class category following Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's assurance to them late on Sunday.
Rocked by protests over the suicide of PhD student Rohith Vemula, the University of Hyderabad (UoH) will reopen on Monday.
Huge violence broke out in Andhra Pradesh's Tuni town on Sunday as the Kapu community members seeking reservation under Backward Class category went on rampage.
Indian Railways either cancelled or diverted several trains passing through coastal Andhra in view of the violence that broke out during protests by the Kapu community over their demand for quotas.
"I am committed to reservation for Kapu community for which a Judicial Commission was also constituted," Naidu told reporters.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had earlier promised Backward Class status to Kapu community if he was chosen to power.
Keeping up the offensive on the suicide issue, Congress blamed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for failing to take any action against HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya.
External Affairs Minister and senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday said that the scholar Rohith Vemula, who has committed suicide at Hyderabad Central University, was not Dalit.
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- DNA: Today in History | February 5, 2016
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part III
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part II
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- International Fleet Review in Bay of Bengal
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics
- Sanam Teri Kasam movie review: Intense and emotional
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
- Will teach a lesson to mastermind of Pathankot airbase attack, says Parrikar
- At least 37 dead as bus plunges into river in Gujarat