Hundreds of dead bodies have 'gone missing' from Hyderabad's two top state-run hospitals in the recent months, an RTI query has revealed.
Andhra Pradesh News
The police have been instructed to keep vigil at bus and railway stations, city junctions, places of worship and the business areas which have floating population.
Maintaining that the TRS victory in the by-election to the Warangal Lok Sabha seat is a 100 percent positive vote for his party, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday said Congress and BJP-TDP combine should stop their "blind" opposition towards the state government.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The Andhra Pradesh government recently issued a GO (order) allowing bauxite mining on 1,212 hectares of forest land, evoking sharp protests from opposition and tribals.
To ensure that their communication is not tracked, the IM operatives created fake email IDs that were changed every month.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday appealed to the Chinese government to design the proposed silk route via Visakhapatnam in the state.
Rajahmundry Regional Transport Officer (RTO) V Siri Anand on Monday warned of action against two-wheeler drivers who don't wear a helmet.
Officials said 14,000 people were shifted to relief camps in Nellore and Chittoor districts.
Three men allegedly wearing burkas barged into the office of the Chittoor Municipal Corporation in Andhra Pradesh and attacked the couple, both leaders of the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
Heavy rains continue to lash three districts of Andhra Pradesh, killing at least five people.
Two coaches of the Kochuveli-Guwahati express derailed between Nandalur and Kadappa stations in Andhara Pradesh.
A Sharjah-bound Air India aircraft was pulled back to its take off position on the runway at Karipur International airport here Monday.
In a major breakthrough for Andhra Pradesh police, most wanted international red sanders smuggler K. Gangi Reddy was on Sunday deported from Mauritius.
The state unit of Congress here on Saturday decided to intensify its agitation on the issue of special status for Andhra Pradesh from Monday.
S Ramaiah, a trader, jumped into the Owk reservoir in the district last evening along with his seven family members, including grand children.
A TDP leader from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday asked its central and state ally BJP to beware of three of its leaders.
At least four family members of former Congress MP S Rajaiah died in a mysterious fire at their house in Warangal district of Telangana.
The East Godavari police are yet to make a breakthrough in the alleged abduction of a 20-year-old son of a local pastor by Maoists in the district.
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has decided to defer the date for making wearing of helmets compulsory for two-wheeler riders to January 1.
Govind Yadav worked as sub-zonal commander in Manika area of Jharkhand between 2012-2014.
According to the police, the Maoists took away the pastor's son deep into the forest.
The Telugu Desam Party government had appealed to people not to become emotional and commit suicides over the issue.
The Andhra Pradesh govt has declared 196 mandals as drought-affected during the Kharif season of this year.
YSR Congress Party today said it will field a candidate for the Warangal Lok Sabha by-election, scheduled to be held on November 21.
About three lakh 'e-bricks' were purchased by Telugu NRIs in the US on a single day to contribute to the construction of Andhra Pradesh's new capital, state IT minister said on Monday.
The bypoll for Warangal (SC) Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana scheduled for November 21 is expected to witness a keen contest as the ruling TRS, opposition Congress and the TDP-BJP combine are drawing up plans to wrest the seat.
JC Prabhakar Reddy, a legislator of the ruling Telugu Desam party in Andhra Pradesh, on Saturday said he will start "accepting bribes" and "use the money for welfare activities" in his constituency as the state treasury was "cash-strapped".
A lawmaker belonging to the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh has announced that he will take bribes for development of his constituency.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma