A number of women from Andhra Pradesh cabinet besides those from TDP and various social groups on Saturday tied rakhee to Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu at his camp office here.
Andhra Pradesh News
The day-long state-wide bandh called by YSR Congress over the special category status issue for Andhra Pradesh began on Saturday with party workers and leaders staging protests in front of bus deports belonging to the State Road Transport Organisation (APSRTC).
A 40-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in Gudiwada town of Krishna district, reportedly over the demand for according special category status to Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
A teenaged girl is feared drowned after she jumped into Godavari river in an alleged suicide bid, police said today.
YSR Congress party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Wednesday alleged that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu during Delhi tour changed his tone from special status to 'special package' for the state and failed to keep the promise made during 2014 elections.
Mild tremors were on Wednesday felt in some areas of the district causing panic among the local residents, though there was no casualty, officials said.
YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Tuesday accused ruling TDP of cheating people on the special status issue even as he appealed to people to make successful the Saturday's shutdown called by his party.
Five inter-state red sanders smugglers were arrested and the precious wood worth Rs 2.67 crores was seized from their possession under Chennur mandal in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The Centre on Tuesday said a "roadmap" for implementing key provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act would be prepared and a final view on granting special status to the state would be taken "reconciling" with the Finance Commission's recommendations.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives, including that of a Karnataka MLA, in a collision between a truck and an express train in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi amid stepped up demand for special category status to the state.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said the Centre is working towards sorting out issues between Andhra Pradesh and Telengana under the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the loss of lives, including that of Karnataka MLA Venkatesh Naik, in an accident involving Bangalore City-Nanded Express train in Andhra Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the loss of lives in a train accident in Andhra Pradesh`s Anantapur district on Monday.
Missile Complex Hyderabad which comprises Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), the Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) and the Research Centre Imarat (RCI) will soon be renamed as 'Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Missile Complex', official sources said here on Monday.
The examination board of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has declared the results of 1st year B.Tech (R13, R09, R07, R05) regular and supplementary May 2015 exams on their official website.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has ordered a probe into the train disaster in Anantapur district which claimed six lives and left 20 injured in the early hours of Monday.
At least six lives were lost when Bangalore-Nanded express collided with a truck in Andhra Pradesh's Anantpur on early morning Monday.
Some trains on the South Central and South Western Railway lines have been diverted, said Anil Saxena, PRO of the Railways on Monday soon after a Bangalore-Nanded Express train collided with a lorry in crossing the railway track in Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday said that the government will announce an ex gratia payment for those injured and to the relatives of the five persons killed in this morning`s Bangalore-Nanded Express-lorry accident in Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh.
A Congress MLA from Karnataka was among six persons killed when a speeding granite-laden truck rammed into Bangalore-Nanded Express train after breaking the gate at a level crossing in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Monday.
Rich tributes were on Sunday paid to former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu on his 143rd birth anniversary.
Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday issued orders designating certain officials working as competent authorities in its Land Pooling Scheme in the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority as being competent to perform all functions of Collector under the Land Acquisition Act.
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Thursday said the government proposes to invest over Rs 3,030 crore in Andhra Pradesh by setting up several Central institutions, including IIT and IIM.
With about 40 percent deficit rainfall during the monsoon season in parts of the state and shrinkage in sowing area, the Andhra Pradesh government has directed the Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam (TTD) to "perform Yagnas" in temples to propitiate the rain God.
Six persons, including the district vice-president of Vanniyar Sangam and three college students, have been arrested here in connection with the torching of a state run liquor outlet in the district early this month in which an employee died.
Police have arrested top rankers in the Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (EdCET) on charges of impersonation.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu's name figures in the preliminary chargesheet filed by Telangana Anti-Corruption bureau in the cash-for-vote case involving his party MLA A Revanth Reddy but not (not) as an accused.
The government is in the process of selecting certain railway stations to conduct skill development programmes at their facilities.
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by an auto driver and two passengers near Gudivada town in Krishna district, police said on Saturday.
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder-Part 2
- IPS officer stopped investigation of Sheena Bora murder in 2012
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Watch: Morning Superfast @ 7am
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea kill Sheena Bora? Mumbai Police likely to reveal motive today
- Rain plays spoilsport, India at 50/2 on Day 1 of 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?
- Pakistan resorts to heavy shelling in Jammu; 3 civilians killed, 16 injured
- Phantom movie review: Watch it for Saif Ali Khan!
- US wants China to follow Indian developmental efforts in Afghanistan
- Man shocked to find Brendan Taylor sleeping off hangover in back of his car!
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them