The chief minister said people had given a befitting reply to those who were creating apprehensions in the minds of people from Andhra Pradesh settled in Hyderabad.
Andhra Pradesh News
The TRS had no representation in the previous body, where the Congress shared power with MIM after their victory in 2009 elections.
Kapu leader Mudragada Padmanabham on Friday launched indefinite fast along with his wife, demanding reservation for Kapu community.
Akbaruddin Owaisi was heard making the remarks in a video that has gone viral on social media.
Police on Wednesday booked MIM leaders Asaduddin Owaisi and his brother Akbaruddin Owaisi and arrested three activists of the party for attacks on their political rivals during elections to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) on Tuesday.
Asaduddin is the Lok Sabha MP from Hyderabad, while his brother is the MLA from Chandrayangutta in Hyderabad.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi has been booked for allegedly attacking the Congress workers during the GHMC polls yesterday after which the police had to resort to mild lathi-charge to disperse them.
Tension prevailed in the Mirchowk area here on Tuesday as MIM and Congress workers clashed during the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) polls and the police had to resort to lathi-charge to disperse them.
The Congress leader had last week visited Hyderabad Central University to express solidarity with students protesting the suicide of Rohith.
As UPA's flagship scheme MGNREGA completed 10 years on Tuesday, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "failing" to understand its benefits.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday took a dig at BJP-led NDA central government over the delay in granting special status to Andhra Pradesh.
In a bizarre case, a voter in the Hyderabad civic polls turned up with an officially issued identity card carrying the name and picture of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday arrived at Bandlapalli, Anantpur in Andhra Pradesh to commemorate ten years of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) here.
MNREGA provides 100 days of work to rural job card holders.
A two-year-old girl, who fell into an abandoned borewell at a village in the district yesterday, was found dead Tuesday.
Polling for the GHMC elections began under unprecedented security on Tuesday morning. The GHMC elections have seen witnessed a high-voltage campaign from the ruling TRS, opposition Congress, TDP-BJP combine and the MIM candidates.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made today and reinforcements sent to East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, where a stir by Kapu community
Additional police and paramilitary forces were rushed to coastal Andhra Pradesh on Monday, a day after large-scale violence rocked Tuni town in East Godavari district during a protest by Kapus demanding reservation.
Kapu leaders have called off their protest for reservation under Backward Class category following Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's assurance to them late on Sunday.
Rocked by protests over the suicide of PhD student Rohith Vemula, the University of Hyderabad (UoH) will reopen on Monday.
Huge violence broke out in Andhra Pradesh's Tuni town on Sunday as the Kapu community members seeking reservation under Backward Class category went on rampage.
Indian Railways either cancelled or diverted several trains passing through coastal Andhra in view of the violence that broke out during protests by the Kapu community over their demand for quotas.
"I am committed to reservation for Kapu community for which a Judicial Commission was also constituted," Naidu told reporters.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had earlier promised Backward Class status to Kapu community if he was chosen to power.
Keeping up the offensive on the suicide issue, Congress blamed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for failing to take any action against HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya.
External Affairs Minister and senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday said that the scholar Rohith Vemula, who has committed suicide at Hyderabad Central University, was not Dalit.
Known for his controversial remarks, BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya on Saturday stoked another controversy when he said that the Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula was not that weak to have committed suicide.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi joined hunger strike at Hyderabad University demanding justice for Dalit student Rohith Vemula, who had committed suicide alleging harassment by the university authorities.
There seems to be no end in sight to politics over Hyderabad University's Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula's suicide.
Just hours before Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi's visit and amid continuing protests by students of University of Hyderabad over the suicide of a Dalit research scholar, interim Vice Chancellor Vipin Srivastava has gone on leave.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Taking a selfie may be more dangerous than fun!
- Mumbai: Transporter stabbed to death in Andheri
- Hafiz Saeed warns of more Pathankot like attacks on India
- Son of ex-Major General held in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- North Korea attacks South Korea with poop-filled balloons
- Tanzanian girl beaten, stripped by mob in Bengaluru
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- Indian woman stuck in Germany refugee camp returns to India today
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- Budget Session to commence on February 23
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysis on MCD Strike; BJP, AAP throws garbage at each other - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif break-up: Who called up Neetu Kapoor for patch-up?
- Son of retired Major General arrested in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today
- India will stand by Pakistan if it takes action against terrorists: Rajnath Singh
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`