The MP from Hyderabad said that by interfering in the Muslim Personal Law, the government was trying to show that Muslims were second class citizens.
Andhra Pradesh News
When interrogated, the person revealed that he is a paddy broker and every weekend he collects cash in the city and would then travel to Nellore by bus.
YSR Congress Party chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make public the list of individuals who declared their undisclosed income under Income Declaration Scheme 2016.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Leader of Opposition YS Jaganmohan Reddy today sought to take their bitter political war to the Prime Minister by writing separate letters to Narendra Modi on the black money issue.
Russia's United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) on Wednesday entered into an MoU with Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board to set up ship building capabilities in the state.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday reiterated his demand for immediately abolishing currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations to check black money in the country.
As many as 21 new districts would come into existence in Telangana on the auspicious occasion of Vijaya Dasami tomorrow.
Police on Sunday booked parents of a 13-year-old Jain girl who died here last week after a 68-day long fast.
According to police, a case would be filed after a preliminary inquiry into the incident, as of now, an entry had been made in the general dairy.
Accusing Justice Roopanwal panel, which went into Rohith Vemula's suicide, of not performing the task in accordance with its terms of reference but those set by BJP and RSS, a group of students Friday held a protest against the "atrocious" report submitted by it.
An inquiry found out that Rohith Vemula's mother “branded” herself as Dalit to avail the benefits of reservation.
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday constituted a high-power committee to consider the demand for creating four new districts.
Drones will be used extensively for various purposes but private persons or entities would not get the permission to use them in the state, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said here today.
The toll in rain-related incidents in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh rose to 10 today while a Central team is expected to visit the state to assess the damage caused by the heavy showers.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is conducting a demolition drive against unauthorised constructions that came up in the city on lakes and drainage systems, causing flooding in several areas.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday conducted an aerial survey of the flood-hit parts of Andhra Pradesh's Guntur district.
The teams are in touch with the local administration and monitoring the situation round the clock, NDRF said.
T Gopikrishna from Andhra Pradesh and Ch Balram Kishan from Telangana, who were teaching at Libya's Sirte University, were abducted by Islamic State militants in July last year.
At least eight people have so far lost their lives in rain-related incidents in Telangana's Medak district, with the army being deployed in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts for rescue operations, even as heavy showers continue to lash parts of the state on Sunday.
According to an IMD report, a low pressure area lies over Telangana, south Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha region.
Incessant rains continued to batter the city for the third day on Friday, prompting Telangana government to ask IT companies to allow their employees in the city to work from home even as help has been sought from the Army for rescue operation in some areas.
Authorities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the two states for a second consecutive day on Friday, claiming at least eight innocent lives.
Authorities in Hyderabad have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the city and outskirts for a second consecutive day Thursday.
Five persons were on Thursday killed in separate rain-related incidents in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
A bus with 47 passengers was caught in flood waters in Andhra Pradesh`s Guntur district on Thursday, authorities said.
The trains from Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad, New Delhi, and Mumbai are diverted via Vijayawada bypass line.
Body of an unidentified young woman was today found near a college in Gandipet area here with her throat slit and hands tied, police said.
The BJP has 11 legislators in the 60-member Arunachal Pradesh assembly.
A first-year student of Masters in Fine Arts (MFA) from the University of Hyderabad has allegedly committed suicide in the hostel room by hanging himself.
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- PM Modi appeals people to wish army officials this Diwali
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Today in History | October 22, 2016
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year
- Virender Sehwag trolls Pakistan after Indian hockey team's 3-2 win in Asian Champions Trophy
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- China warns US not to meddle in border row with India
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Regional Connectivity scheme will turn India into third largest aviation market: PM Modi
- Simultaneous polls likely in Uttar Pradesh, 4 other states in February-March