Three constables were today suspended and disciplinary action was initiated against a Home Guard for allegedly assaulting four persons, including an NRI, at Musheerabad Police Station here on June 25, police said on Tuesday.
Andhra Pradesh News
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday rejected a public interest petition seeking a direction to the Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to exercise special powers under a section of the Reoganisation Act that has become a bone of contention between the two States.
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday for a 10-day southern sojourn during which he will also visit Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple in Tirupati.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday dismissed an application moved by Telangana's nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson seeking the judge to recuse himself from hearing a petition filed by J Muthaiah, an accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Four teenagers including two brothers drowned in a water tank at Narsapuram village here, police said Monday.
A city court on Monday extended till July 13 the judicial custody of TDP legislator A. Revanth Reddy in cash-for-vote scam.
A 32-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after poisoning her two children at a village in East Godavari district, police said on Sunday.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two youths in Vemuru village near Tenali town in Guntur district, police said on Saturday.
In view of the 'Godavari Pushkarams', Andhra Pradesh police on Saturday said they have made elaborate security arrangements in all Pushkaram areas including an aerial surveillance through drones.
Two suspected red sanders smugglers were on Saturday arrested from the district and 126 logs of wood worth Rs six crore in the international market were recovered from them, police said.
A children rights group on Saturday approached the state Lokayukta to order Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments for the shutdown of KFC outlets following the results of a test showing the presence of bacteria linked to food poisoning.
Seven forest employees were arrested here for their alleged involvement in smuggling of red sanders, police said on Saturday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Friday reserved till June 30 its order on the bail applications of Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two other accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Andhra Pradesh government targets to achieve 18.2 per cent Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) in the current fiscal by focusing on agriculture and allied sectors, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Friday said.
ESL Narasimhan, the governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, will on Friday meet Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Thursday demanded that the state be paid royalty for on-shore and off-shore gas and oil exploration.
The Election Commission (EC) has sought certain documents pertaining to the 'cash-for-vote' scam involving arrested TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy, a case which has triggered a war of words between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Governments.
Police here on Thursday registered a case against Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and five TDP leaders for their alleged threatening and provocative statements against Telangana government.
The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday changed the name of multi-purpose Polavaram project by dropping the word "Indira" from its title, a move criticised by Opposition Congress, which termed it as a sign of "political bankruptcy" of the TDP-led ruling combine.
The central government has summoned ESL Narasimhan, the governor of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, to New Delhi amid a raging row between the two states over the special powers of the governor in the common capital of Hyderabad.
The invocation of section 8 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, which empowers Governor to assume law and order powers in the common capital of Hyderabad, on Wednesday become the latest bone of contention between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
A 33-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly cheating a public sector bank here of Rs 37 lakh which he had obtained as loan for purchase of a high-end luxury car using fake documents.
A tribal woman allegedly committed suicide over a domestic feud by jumping into a river along with her three minor children at a village in East Godavari district, police said on Wednesday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Wednesday adjourned to Friday the hearing on bail petition of TDP legislator A Revanth Reddy in a cash-for-vote case.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by an auto-rickshaw driver at a village in East Godavari district, police said today.
Andhra Pradesh DIG of Police Ramana Kumar and his team of 15 officials today took evidence from relatives of the victims of the April seven gunning down of 20 woodcutters from Tamil Nadu by Andhra Pradesh police.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will preside over a meeting of sub-group of Chief Ministers on Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Wednesday in Bengaluru.
East Godavari district collector H Arun Kumar issued a statement here on Tuesday that the Andhra Pradesh state government will extended all assistance to fishermen who went missing at sea.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu assured tobacco farmers today that the state and central governments as well as the Tobacco Board would not let them suffer any losses due to lack of demand.
Given that Andhra Pradesh has a long coastline, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday stressed on building a strong inland waterway system linking the ports to national highways and develop the state as a logistics hub for Southeast Asia.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 2 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor