A 40-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in Gudiwada town of Krishna district, reportedly over the demand for according special category status to Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
Andhra Pradesh News
A teenaged girl is feared drowned after she jumped into Godavari river in an alleged suicide bid, police said today.
YSR Congress party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Wednesday alleged that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu during Delhi tour changed his tone from special status to 'special package' for the state and failed to keep the promise made during 2014 elections.
Mild tremors were on Wednesday felt in some areas of the district causing panic among the local residents, though there was no casualty, officials said.
YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) president YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Tuesday accused ruling TDP of cheating people on the special status issue even as he appealed to people to make successful the Saturday's shutdown called by his party.
Five inter-state red sanders smugglers were arrested and the precious wood worth Rs 2.67 crores was seized from their possession under Chennur mandal in the district, police said on Tuesday.
The Centre on Tuesday said a "roadmap" for implementing key provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act would be prepared and a final view on granting special status to the state would be taken "reconciling" with the Finance Commission's recommendations.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives, including that of a Karnataka MLA, in a collision between a truck and an express train in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi amid stepped up demand for special category status to the state.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said the Centre is working towards sorting out issues between Andhra Pradesh and Telengana under the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the loss of lives, including that of Karnataka MLA Venkatesh Naik, in an accident involving Bangalore City-Nanded Express train in Andhra Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday condoled the loss of lives in a train accident in Andhra Pradesh`s Anantapur district on Monday.
Missile Complex Hyderabad which comprises Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), the Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) and the Research Centre Imarat (RCI) will soon be renamed as 'Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Missile Complex', official sources said here on Monday.
The examination board of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has declared the results of 1st year B.Tech (R13, R09, R07, R05) regular and supplementary May 2015 exams on their official website.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has ordered a probe into the train disaster in Anantapur district which claimed six lives and left 20 injured in the early hours of Monday.
At least six lives were lost when Bangalore-Nanded express collided with a truck in Andhra Pradesh's Anantpur on early morning Monday.
Some trains on the South Central and South Western Railway lines have been diverted, said Anil Saxena, PRO of the Railways on Monday soon after a Bangalore-Nanded Express train collided with a lorry in crossing the railway track in Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday said that the government will announce an ex gratia payment for those injured and to the relatives of the five persons killed in this morning`s Bangalore-Nanded Express-lorry accident in Anantpur, Andhra Pradesh.
A Congress MLA from Karnataka was among six persons killed when a speeding granite-laden truck rammed into Bangalore-Nanded Express train after breaking the gate at a level crossing in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Monday.
Rich tributes were on Sunday paid to former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu on his 143rd birth anniversary.
Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday issued orders designating certain officials working as competent authorities in its Land Pooling Scheme in the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority as being competent to perform all functions of Collector under the Land Acquisition Act.
Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Thursday said the government proposes to invest over Rs 3,030 crore in Andhra Pradesh by setting up several Central institutions, including IIT and IIM.
With about 40 percent deficit rainfall during the monsoon season in parts of the state and shrinkage in sowing area, the Andhra Pradesh government has directed the Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam (TTD) to "perform Yagnas" in temples to propitiate the rain God.
Six persons, including the district vice-president of Vanniyar Sangam and three college students, have been arrested here in connection with the torching of a state run liquor outlet in the district early this month in which an employee died.
Police have arrested top rankers in the Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (EdCET) on charges of impersonation.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu's name figures in the preliminary chargesheet filed by Telangana Anti-Corruption bureau in the cash-for-vote case involving his party MLA A Revanth Reddy but not (not) as an accused.
The government is in the process of selecting certain railway stations to conduct skill development programmes at their facilities.
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by an auto driver and two passengers near Gudivada town in Krishna district, police said on Saturday.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu unfurled the national flag on the sea coast here on Saturday to mark India`s 69th Independence Day.
BJP MP B Sriramulu was on Friday served a notice by Ananthpur police of Andhra Pradesh to appear before them within eight days in connection with alleged purchase of illegal weapons in that state.
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Caught on camera: UP woman assaults paralysed mother-in-law
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Arvind Kejriwal welcomed with slogans of "Kejriwal go back" in Bihar
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora's close friend Rahul Mukherjea called by police
- Black flags waved at Arvind Kejriwal in Patna
- Mikhail Bora claims to have evidence related to Sheena Bora murder case
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: The unanswered questions
- Watch: Pragya of ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ makes everyone dance to her tunes!
- Check out Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty
- US envoy to Syria to hit road in push for progress
- The probable motives behind Indrani Mukerjea's daughter Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani
- Usain Bolt vs Justin Gatlin 200m: All you want to know about the much-anticipated battle
- PayPal fixes security flaw that allowed hackers to steal your money!