The demonstrators were seen holding banners and placards at the protest site in Indira Park here.
Andhra Pradesh News
President Pranab Mukherjee , the supreme commander of the three defence forces, inspected the International Fleet Review (IFR) at Vishakhapatnam on Saturday.
The chief minister said people had given a befitting reply to those who were creating apprehensions in the minds of people from Andhra Pradesh settled in Hyderabad.
The TRS had no representation in the previous body, where the Congress shared power with MIM after their victory in 2009 elections.
Kapu leader Mudragada Padmanabham on Friday launched indefinite fast along with his wife, demanding reservation for Kapu community.
Akbaruddin Owaisi was heard making the remarks in a video that has gone viral on social media.
Police on Wednesday booked MIM leaders Asaduddin Owaisi and his brother Akbaruddin Owaisi and arrested three activists of the party for attacks on their political rivals during elections to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) on Tuesday.
Asaduddin is the Lok Sabha MP from Hyderabad, while his brother is the MLA from Chandrayangutta in Hyderabad.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi has been booked for allegedly attacking the Congress workers during the GHMC polls yesterday after which the police had to resort to mild lathi-charge to disperse them.
Tension prevailed in the Mirchowk area here on Tuesday as MIM and Congress workers clashed during the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) polls and the police had to resort to lathi-charge to disperse them.
The Congress leader had last week visited Hyderabad Central University to express solidarity with students protesting the suicide of Rohith.
As UPA's flagship scheme MGNREGA completed 10 years on Tuesday, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "failing" to understand its benefits.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday took a dig at BJP-led NDA central government over the delay in granting special status to Andhra Pradesh.
In a bizarre case, a voter in the Hyderabad civic polls turned up with an officially issued identity card carrying the name and picture of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday arrived at Bandlapalli, Anantpur in Andhra Pradesh to commemorate ten years of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) here.
MNREGA provides 100 days of work to rural job card holders.
A two-year-old girl, who fell into an abandoned borewell at a village in the district yesterday, was found dead Tuesday.
Polling for the GHMC elections began under unprecedented security on Tuesday morning. The GHMC elections have seen witnessed a high-voltage campaign from the ruling TRS, opposition Congress, TDP-BJP combine and the MIM candidates.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made today and reinforcements sent to East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, where a stir by Kapu community
Additional police and paramilitary forces were rushed to coastal Andhra Pradesh on Monday, a day after large-scale violence rocked Tuni town in East Godavari district during a protest by Kapus demanding reservation.
Kapu leaders have called off their protest for reservation under Backward Class category following Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's assurance to them late on Sunday.
Rocked by protests over the suicide of PhD student Rohith Vemula, the University of Hyderabad (UoH) will reopen on Monday.
Huge violence broke out in Andhra Pradesh's Tuni town on Sunday as the Kapu community members seeking reservation under Backward Class category went on rampage.
Indian Railways either cancelled or diverted several trains passing through coastal Andhra in view of the violence that broke out during protests by the Kapu community over their demand for quotas.
"I am committed to reservation for Kapu community for which a Judicial Commission was also constituted," Naidu told reporters.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had earlier promised Backward Class status to Kapu community if he was chosen to power.
Keeping up the offensive on the suicide issue, Congress blamed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for failing to take any action against HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya.
External Affairs Minister and senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday said that the scholar Rohith Vemula, who has committed suicide at Hyderabad Central University, was not Dalit.
Known for his controversial remarks, BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya on Saturday stoked another controversy when he said that the Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula was not that weak to have committed suicide.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi joined hunger strike at Hyderabad University demanding justice for Dalit student Rohith Vemula, who had committed suicide alleging harassment by the university authorities.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Exclusive: International Fleet Review begins in Visakhapatnam
- Watch: CCTV footage of car ramming into bike in Gujarat
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Gandhi family disrupting Parliament to avenge 2014 poll defeat: PM Narendra Modi
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics
- Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif or Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif?
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!
- How to remove shells from boiled eggs – Here’s an easy trick
- Sanam Teri Kasam movie review: Intense and emotional
- Ghayal Once Again movie review: Sunny Deol tries hard, script plays spoiltsport!