Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday said granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh was not a panacea to all the problems that the state was facing.
Andhra Pradesh News
Today is the third day of Jagan Reddy's indefinite hunger strike over special status for Andhra Pradesh.
Police sources today said the Maoists may have moved the trio towards Andhra Odisha Border (AOB) areas.
A kidnapped engineer of a Hyderabad-based road construction company in Meghalaya was rescued on Wednesday after a gunfight with his abductors in West Garo Hills district, police said.
Police till late tonight failed to find any clue about the whereabouts of three TDP leaders held captive by Maoists in the Visakhapatnam district.
State police are still ascertaining the location of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leaders in the Visakhapatnam Agency area, who were kidnapped by Maoists from their homes on Monday.
The police arrested a seven-member gang which had allegedly cheated around 70 youth after having promised them employment in public sector companies and collected money from them, a police official said here on Tuesday.
TNaxals through their network had asked the three TDP leaders to meet them at Dharkonda.
A couple allegedly committed suicide after poisoning their two minor children to death in Chintal area here apparently over financial problems, police said today.
It seems that Congress workers have found a bizarre or rather painful way to welcome their leaders.
Hundreds of people today bid a tearful adieu to Adithi, a six years old girl who was swept away in a stormwater drain here during a torrential rain last week and whose body was found only yesterday after a massive search operation involving the Navy.
The Andhra Pradesh government is exploring the possibility of launching a unique crowd-funding initiative to develop its capital city Amaravathi coming up in the Vijayawada region.
About 16 lakh trucks went off the roads in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh on Thursday as part of the nationwide indefinite strike by the truckers to protest against the present toll system.
In a gruesome incident, a five-year-old boy was murdered allegedly by a man in a suspected case of human sacrifice as part of a witchcraft-related ritual in Prakasam district here on Wednesday.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu's son Lokesh has got an elevation in the party with his appointment as the General Secretary of its Central Committee.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) national president N. Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday announced a central committee and two state committees for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Tension prevailed at Osmania University here on Tuesday night as police arrested leaders and activists of students' organisations preparing to participate in Wednesday's march to the assembly.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi on Tuesday lampooned Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse for his comments on banning his party, saying the latter was hypnotised by Sanatan Sanstha teachings.
The toll in the flash floods as heavy rains lashed the hills here has risen to eight as four more bodies were recovered at various ponds in the area, police said on Monday.
A 19-year-old youth has gone missing in the sea at Machilipatnam in Krishna district, police said on Monday.
Three youth were killed and one was critically injured in Hyderabad when their car rammed intol a roadside wall on Monday, police said.
With the auction of the customary "Balapur Ganesh Laddu", the grand event of Ganesh idols immersion began here on Sunday with much fanfare and amid tight security.
As part of the Andhra Pradesh government's plan to shift the capital base from Hyderabad to Vijayawada region, it has started taking on lease plush villas and other properties there, which will be allotted to its ministers and officials.
Andhra Pradesh minister Devineni Umamaheswara Rao on Saturday gave up his LPG subsidy as part of the ongoing 'Give It Up' campaign.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu's net assets stood at Rs 42.4 lakh as on March 31 this year, his son N Lokesh said on Saturday.
The Guntur police has denied permission to YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy for holding the "continuous" hunger strike - 'Deeksha' at a venue here.
Almost a month after a 10-day-old baby died after being bitten by rats in a government hospital in Andhra Pradesh, two snakes surfaced in the same hospital.
The district administration conducted a special cleanliness drive at the state government general hospital, days after a newborn died due to multiple rodent bites inside the ICU of the hospital.
The Andhra Pradesh police is mulling the use of drone cameras for enhanced surveillance in Seshachalam forests of Chittoor-Kadapa-Nellore region in its bid to tighten the noose around red sanders smugglers.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday called on Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and invited him to the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the new state capital next month.
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey- Part II
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey
- Farmer's lands wiped out for Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- DNA: Analysing smart schools of America
- DNA: Analysis of BJP MLAs assaulting lawmaker Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- WATCH: First video of Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne's Cricket All Stars!
- Mahatma Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi: Jab they met!
- 'Jazbaa' movie review: It runs at a breakneck speed!
- 'Afghan Taliban open to peace talks; Haqqani, al Qaeda not'
- Saudi woman, who chopped off Indian maid's hand, arrested
- Bihar poll survey: Majority of Hindus, OBCs favour NDA; Muslims,Yadavs to vote for JD(U)-RJD
- Our plans scuttled after Eden Gardens washout, says MS Dhoni
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- Sangeet Som, `saviour` of cows, is director of meat processing unit?