Authorities have beefed up security at Cherlapally prison here following reports that Indian Mujahideen founder Yasin Bhatkal might try to escape.
Andhra Pradesh News
Two minors and a woman have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the rape and murder of a three-year-old girl whose body was found dumped in a gunny bag in Vemulapalli village of Krishna district in the state, police said on Friday.
The Congress on Friday demanded a Supreme Court-monitored CBI inquiry into the cash-for-vote scam and the alleged phone-tapping by the TRS government.
The Supreme Court on Friday refused to cancel the bail granted by Andhra Pradesh High Court to Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy, the prime accused in a cash-for-vote case.
Against the backdrop of tension between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana over different issues, President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday suggested that both states should live together in peace and harmony with good neighbourly relations.
Andhra Pradesh officials on Friday said that the reports of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's convoy being involved in an accident in the West Godavari district are incorrect.
A day after he was released on bail in the cash-for-vote scam, fresh cases were registered on Thursday against TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and other party leaders for organising a rally defying prohibitory orders and his speech against Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
Telangana Anti-Corruption Bureau, which is probing the cash-for-vote case, has moved the Supreme Court against the Hyderabad High Court's order granting bail to TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others.
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday launched an attack on the Devendra Fadnavis Government for derecognising madrassas as `schools`, saying it was a `deliberate contradiction` as the BJP had pledged in their 2014 election manifesto to modernise the Islamic seminaries.
D Srinivas, a senior Congress leader in Telangana, on Thursday quit the party and announced his decision to join the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Heavy inflows into Mettur dam saw a rise in its level to 81.83 feet against its full level of 120 feet.
Customs officials have seized three kilograms of gold from a passenger at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
The roving 'SHE Teams' that keeps a hawkish eye on eve-teasers have arrested four men, including a septuagenarian, for allegedly teasing women in separate cases in the city, police said on Wednesday.
A day after getting bail from Hyderabad High Court, Telangana TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy and two others were on Wednesday released from Cherlapally Central Prison here, with scores of cheering supporters of Reddy raising slogans and waving Telugu Desam flags.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will today inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will on Wednesday inaugurate the 'Godavari Harathi' festival, celebrating the sacred Godavari river on Pushkar ghat, in East Godavari district.
YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in the case pertaining to alleged quid-pro-quo investments made in his firms on Wednesday appeared before a special CBI court here which posted the matter to July 24.
President Pranab Mukherjee will offer worship at the ancient hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala on Wednesday.
Three constables were today suspended and disciplinary action was initiated against a Home Guard for allegedly assaulting four persons, including an NRI, at Musheerabad Police Station here on June 25, police said on Tuesday.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday rejected a public interest petition seeking a direction to the Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana to exercise special powers under a section of the Reoganisation Act that has become a bone of contention between the two States.
President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Monday for a 10-day southern sojourn during which he will also visit Sri Kapileswara Swamy temple in Tirupati.
The Hyderabad High Court on Monday dismissed an application moved by Telangana's nominated MLA Elvis Stephenson seeking the judge to recuse himself from hearing a petition filed by J Muthaiah, an accused in the cash-for-vote case.
Four teenagers including two brothers drowned in a water tank at Narsapuram village here, police said Monday.
A city court on Monday extended till July 13 the judicial custody of TDP legislator A. Revanth Reddy in cash-for-vote scam.
A 32-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after poisoning her two children at a village in East Godavari district, police said on Sunday.
A 20-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two youths in Vemuru village near Tenali town in Guntur district, police said on Saturday.
In view of the 'Godavari Pushkarams', Andhra Pradesh police on Saturday said they have made elaborate security arrangements in all Pushkaram areas including an aerial surveillance through drones.
Two suspected red sanders smugglers were on Saturday arrested from the district and 126 logs of wood worth Rs six crore in the international market were recovered from them, police said.
A children rights group on Saturday approached the state Lokayukta to order Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments for the shutdown of KFC outlets following the results of a test showing the presence of bacteria linked to food poisoning.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Copa America 2015: Argentina, Chile poised for classic finale