Right-wing Hindu groups on Friday urged the authorities not to allow beef festival proposed to be organised by some students` organisations in Osmania University on December 10.
Andhra Pradesh News
Traders in Sultan Bazar market downed shutters on Friday to protest against the decision of the Telangana govt not to change the original alignment of Hyderabad Metro Rail.
Hundreds of dead bodies have 'gone missing' from Hyderabad's two top state-run hospitals in the recent months, an RTI query has revealed.
The police have been instructed to keep vigil at bus and railway stations, city junctions, places of worship and the business areas which have floating population.
Maintaining that the TRS victory in the by-election to the Warangal Lok Sabha seat is a 100 percent positive vote for his party, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday said Congress and BJP-TDP combine should stop their "blind" opposition towards the state government.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The Andhra Pradesh government recently issued a GO (order) allowing bauxite mining on 1,212 hectares of forest land, evoking sharp protests from opposition and tribals.
To ensure that their communication is not tracked, the IM operatives created fake email IDs that were changed every month.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday appealed to the Chinese government to design the proposed silk route via Visakhapatnam in the state.
Rajahmundry Regional Transport Officer (RTO) V Siri Anand on Monday warned of action against two-wheeler drivers who don't wear a helmet.
Officials said 14,000 people were shifted to relief camps in Nellore and Chittoor districts.
Three men allegedly wearing burkas barged into the office of the Chittoor Municipal Corporation in Andhra Pradesh and attacked the couple, both leaders of the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
Heavy rains continue to lash three districts of Andhra Pradesh, killing at least five people.
Two coaches of the Kochuveli-Guwahati express derailed between Nandalur and Kadappa stations in Andhara Pradesh.
A Sharjah-bound Air India aircraft was pulled back to its take off position on the runway at Karipur International airport here Monday.
In a major breakthrough for Andhra Pradesh police, most wanted international red sanders smuggler K. Gangi Reddy was on Sunday deported from Mauritius.
The state unit of Congress here on Saturday decided to intensify its agitation on the issue of special status for Andhra Pradesh from Monday.
S Ramaiah, a trader, jumped into the Owk reservoir in the district last evening along with his seven family members, including grand children.
A TDP leader from Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday asked its central and state ally BJP to beware of three of its leaders.
At least four family members of former Congress MP S Rajaiah died in a mysterious fire at their house in Warangal district of Telangana.
The East Godavari police are yet to make a breakthrough in the alleged abduction of a 20-year-old son of a local pastor by Maoists in the district.
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has decided to defer the date for making wearing of helmets compulsory for two-wheeler riders to January 1.
Govind Yadav worked as sub-zonal commander in Manika area of Jharkhand between 2012-2014.
According to the police, the Maoists took away the pastor's son deep into the forest.
The Telugu Desam Party government had appealed to people not to become emotional and commit suicides over the issue.
The Andhra Pradesh govt has declared 196 mandals as drought-affected during the Kharif season of this year.
YSR Congress Party today said it will field a candidate for the Warangal Lok Sabha by-election, scheduled to be held on November 21.
About three lakh 'e-bricks' were purchased by Telugu NRIs in the US on a single day to contribute to the construction of Andhra Pradesh's new capital, state IT minister said on Monday.
The bypoll for Warangal (SC) Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana scheduled for November 21 is expected to witness a keen contest as the ruling TRS, opposition Congress and the TDP-BJP combine are drawing up plans to wrest the seat.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports
- I've nothing to do with Shahrukh Khan-Kajol's chemistry in 'Dilwale': Varun Dhawan
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts