The Joint Action Committee for Social Justice, an umbrella body of students' groups at University of Hyderabad, has condemned the report by a one-man judicial commission that research scholar Rohith Vemula, who committed suicide early this year, was not a Dalit.
Andhra Pradesh News
Watch it in order to believe it.
Andhra Pradesh government announced an ex-gratia of Rs 3 lakh each to the kin of the 10 deceased.
The system uses the latest DNA technology tool called RapidHIT developed by IntegenX of USA.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) has urged Andhra Pradesh government to stop demolition of mosques and 'dargahs' for road widening works in the state.
In all, 170 bathing ghats have been readied in Kurnool, Guntur and Krishna districts for the Pushkaram.
A mob of "gau rakshaks" allegedly beat up two Dalits in East Godavari district after they skinned a cow which had died due to electrocution, police said on Tuesday.
Police asked him to surrender but he and his men started firing on the cops.
On August 05, demanding justice for their community, hundreds of Dalits and members of various civil rights organisations had began the 'Dalit Asmita Yatra'.
Owaisi said that one party is running a “'communal' shop while another one is running a 'secular' shop, but days of blind faith is over!”
Apparently, the footage shows a village in southern India.
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday charged Congress party of "adopting double standards and shedding crocodile tears" on Andhra Pradesh special status' issue and sought to know why the UPA government "delay the process till 2014" after it promised to create the separate state 10 years back.
"I am also serious. I will complete all things at the earliest," Naidu quoted Modi as telling him when they met in New Delhi this morning.
Sources said Andhra Pradesh CM N Chandrababu Naidu told PM Narendra Modi that a special status was assured to Andhra Pradesh after its bifurcation by his predecessor Manmohan Singh.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday mounted an attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi for "betraying" people of Andhra Pradesh on the issue of granting special category status to the state.
State Minorities Commission for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh is set to unleash an awareness campaign against ISIS by getting on board Imams of a large number of mosques across the two states to thwart the attempts of the terror group to lure youths.
On August 2, Jaitley told the Lok Sabha that "the government stands by the commitments it has made in supporting Andhra Pradesh to the fullest".
YSR Congress members on Thursday continued for the fourth day their protest in the Lok Sabha over the issue of granting special category status to Andhra Pradesh.
The Congress and Left parties extended support to the day-long shutdown called by YSR Congress.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely told the Rajya Sabha last week that Andhra Pradesh can't be granted special status but the Centre would handhold the state until it became economically stable.
A Singapore-based consultancy firm focusing on infrastructure and urban development is positioning to bid for downstream projects in Andhra Pradesh's capital city of Amaravati for which it has prepared a master plan.
The TDP has decided to launch protests to build pressure on the Centre over implementing the AP Reorganisation Act "in letter and spirit".
The issue of special status to Andhra Pradesh has been boiling in the state with several political parties, including the ruling TDP, is backing the proposal.
A bench was hearing a PIL filed by an activist who alleged that the AIMIM leaders made speeches which amounted to spreading communal disharmony.
Five persons, including two children, were today killed after the roof of a house collapsed due to incessant rains at Utapalavaram village in Kadapa district, police said.
YSR Congress Party and leaders of Left parties, including CPI and CPM, today demanded immediate withdrawal of Andhra Pradesh government's notification for land pooling for the proposed Machilipatnam Port and Industrial Corridor (MPIC).
Concerned over increasing number of accidents involving drunk drivers, police in Hyderabad and Cyberabad commissionerates are mulling to introduce "designated driver" concept.
The Congress vowed to raise the issue in the Upper House until voting takes place on the bill.
A bill seeking special category status to the reorganised state of Andhra Pradesh is expected to come up for voting in the Upper House on Friday.
- Massive fire breaks out in Murshidabad hospital
- PM Modi is worried about Kashmir issue: Mehbooba Mufti
- Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid in Kanpur
- Gurgaon police launch operation "Romeo Returns", catch 50 men
- Hafiz Saeed threatens to separate Mumbai from India
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'
- Two killed in grenade attack in Somalia's Mogadishu
- Tunisian parliament approves new unity government
- US and Russia fail to close deal on ending violence in Syria
- One killed in blast at Belgian sports centre
- Rio court to return passports to Irish Olympic officials
- Senate elevator operators see lows of Brazilian politics
- Clock ticking, Trump finds himself in an ever-deeper hole
- Rousseff allies fight impeachment in Brazil political turmoil
- No Arab Spring in Zimbabwe: Mugabe warns protesters
- Kendall Jenner causes 'ruckus' in new neighbourhood