Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday began conducting administration work from the interim state secretariat at Velagapudi.
Andhra Pradesh News
"Nivedita Shashank Shinde has been appointed on the post of Assistant Sales Tax Commissioner in Sales Tax Department on compassionate ground," state Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar said, as he gave her the order of her appointment at a programme held here.
Demonetisation problems are temporary but the gains in the long run will be fruitful, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said as he enlisted the steps taken by his government to help the people in this situation.
RBI officials informed the Chief Minister that another Rs 3,000 crore worth new currency notes were expected to reach the state by November 28.
The Andhra Pradesh police have arrested a gang of 17 people including a woman and seized Rs 6,80,000 from them for allegedly exchanging banned currency on commission basis for new currency.
The incident took place in Guntakal city in Anantapur district, Andhra Pradesh.
An advocate and his son here have been booked for allegedly raping a Dalit girl after which she got pregnant, police said on Wednesday.
Demonetisation of high-value currency notes by the Centre has spelt windfall for the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) as it collected over Rs 160 crore in four days.
The desire to take a selfie led to the deaths of two engineering students who were drowned in Telangana`s Khammam district on Saturday
After having dealt a body blow to the outlawed CPI(Maoist) by killing 28 of its cadre in an encounter on the Andhra-Odisha border recently, Andhra Pradesh Police have now opened its doors to the ultras for "talks" with the only rider that they first shun arms.
YSR said YSRCP will soon launch an agitation demanding special status for the state.
Security forces were put on alert in many areas on the Andhra Pradesh-Odisha border in view of a 24-hour shutdown called on Thursday in five states to protest against the killing of 30 Maoists last week.
CPI on Friday demanded a judicial inquiry into the encounter in which 28 Maoists were gunned down by a joint team of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha police and deplored the action as "highhanded" killings.
According to a bulletin by Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), Kyant moved further west-southwestwards in past six hours with speed 14 kmph.
Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister N. Chinarajappa was on Tuesday injured in a lift accident at a hospital in Kakinada town, police said.
Malkangiri served as a major transit belt of the Naxals.
The MP from Hyderabad said that by interfering in the Muslim Personal Law, the government was trying to show that Muslims were second class citizens.
When interrogated, the person revealed that he is a paddy broker and every weekend he collects cash in the city and would then travel to Nellore by bus.
YSR Congress Party chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make public the list of individuals who declared their undisclosed income under Income Declaration Scheme 2016.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Leader of Opposition YS Jaganmohan Reddy today sought to take their bitter political war to the Prime Minister by writing separate letters to Narendra Modi on the black money issue.
Russia's United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) on Wednesday entered into an MoU with Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board to set up ship building capabilities in the state.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday reiterated his demand for immediately abolishing currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denominations to check black money in the country.
As many as 21 new districts would come into existence in Telangana on the auspicious occasion of Vijaya Dasami tomorrow.
Police on Sunday booked parents of a 13-year-old Jain girl who died here last week after a 68-day long fast.
According to police, a case would be filed after a preliminary inquiry into the incident, as of now, an entry had been made in the general dairy.
Accusing Justice Roopanwal panel, which went into Rohith Vemula's suicide, of not performing the task in accordance with its terms of reference but those set by BJP and RSS, a group of students Friday held a protest against the "atrocious" report submitted by it.
An inquiry found out that Rohith Vemula's mother “branded” herself as Dalit to avail the benefits of reservation.
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday constituted a high-power committee to consider the demand for creating four new districts.
Drones will be used extensively for various purposes but private persons or entities would not get the permission to use them in the state, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said here today.
The toll in rain-related incidents in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh rose to 10 today while a Central team is expected to visit the state to assess the damage caused by the heavy showers.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Nagrota Attacks: Saddened by killings of jawans, Gautam Gambhir bats for strong action against Pakistan
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- Reliance Jio: How to get home delivery of Jio SIM
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits