Drones will be used extensively for various purposes but private persons or entities would not get the permission to use them in the state, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said here today.
Andhra Pradesh News
The toll in rain-related incidents in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh rose to 10 today while a Central team is expected to visit the state to assess the damage caused by the heavy showers.
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is conducting a demolition drive against unauthorised constructions that came up in the city on lakes and drainage systems, causing flooding in several areas.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday conducted an aerial survey of the flood-hit parts of Andhra Pradesh's Guntur district.
The teams are in touch with the local administration and monitoring the situation round the clock, NDRF said.
T Gopikrishna from Andhra Pradesh and Ch Balram Kishan from Telangana, who were teaching at Libya's Sirte University, were abducted by Islamic State militants in July last year.
At least eight people have so far lost their lives in rain-related incidents in Telangana's Medak district, with the army being deployed in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy districts for rescue operations, even as heavy showers continue to lash parts of the state on Sunday.
According to an IMD report, a low pressure area lies over Telangana, south Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha region.
Incessant rains continued to batter the city for the third day on Friday, prompting Telangana government to ask IT companies to allow their employees in the city to work from home even as help has been sought from the Army for rescue operation in some areas.
Authorities in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the two states for a second consecutive day on Friday, claiming at least eight innocent lives.
Authorities in Hyderabad have sought help of Army for possible rescue operations as heavy rains continued to lash the city and outskirts for a second consecutive day Thursday.
Five persons were on Thursday killed in separate rain-related incidents in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh.
A bus with 47 passengers was caught in flood waters in Andhra Pradesh`s Guntur district on Thursday, authorities said.
The trains from Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad, New Delhi, and Mumbai are diverted via Vijayawada bypass line.
Body of an unidentified young woman was today found near a college in Gandipet area here with her throat slit and hands tied, police said.
The BJP has 11 legislators in the 60-member Arunachal Pradesh assembly.
A first-year student of Masters in Fine Arts (MFA) from the University of Hyderabad has allegedly committed suicide in the hostel room by hanging himself.
Vehicular traffic came to a standstill in many parts of Hyderabad this evening, after heavy downpour lashed the city in the afternoon.
Two boys died due to dengue in Anantapuramu in Andhra Pradesh today, prompting authorities to take corrective steps to improve sanitation standards in the city.
This video released by the Hyderabad Police has a message for you.
"Financial assistance announced by the Centre to AP, sanctioned and underway, will be worth Rs 2.25 lakh crore. The state will benefit from this special package more than the special status," Naidu said.
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said the financial package of Rs 2.25 lakh crore announced by the Centre for Andhra Pradesh will benefit the state more than the special category status being demanded by it.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) delegation from Andhra Pradesh called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday and thanked him for the announcement of a special package for the state.
The three-day Monsoon session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly ended abruptly today after the opposition YSR Congress members created ruckus as they tried to uproot mikes and damage cameras over the special category status issue.
"We are still seeking grant of special category status to Andhra Pradesh if there is any scope," Naidu said.
The Chief Minister also found fault with the YSRC and other opposition parties for the Andhra Pradesh bandh call tomorrow.
Recalling that BJP passed a resolution in 1996 in Kakinada favouring division of Andhra Pradesh, Jana Sena Party chief Pawan Kalyan said it was not honouring the commitment.
Political parties should do their "homework" instead of sticking to their demand of seeking special status for Andhra Pradesh, Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said.
There was utter bedlam in the Andhra Pradesh assembly on Friday as opposition legislators jostled with marshals near the speaker's podium and uprooted the mike.
723 people died of extreme heat wave conditions in Andhra Pradesh in the last four months, Deputy Chief Minister N China Rajappa has said.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Army chief, Defence Minister were monitoring surgical strikes in Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Full Details: How India's daredevil commandos hit inside Pakistan to avenge Uri