Telangana and Andhra Pradesh may be on a path of "self-annihilation" as the two states have embarked on a "reckless" race for attracting industrial investment while putting all green concerns on the backburner, a green body has said.
Andhra Pradesh News
Under fire from the Opposition over the Andhra Pradesh government's "failure" to get special category status for the state, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday said the Centre should help the state till it achieved a level playing field with neighbouring states that are "far ahead".
Andhra Pradesh government has sanctioned two lakh houses for the rural poor of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) communities, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu announced on Saturday.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday said TDP would continue its struggle till the central government accords special status to the state.
Andhra Pradesh Government Friday urged External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to expedite steps for safe return of four Indians, including two persons from Hyderabad and Srikakulam, who were abducted in Libya.
An 11-year-old girl died of a snake bite in Andhra Pradesh, while her three-year-old brother is in critical condition.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday directed officials to expedite the pending works of irrigation projects in the drought-prone Rayalaseema region.
A 22-year-old jilted lover, who allegedly stabbed two sisters to death at their house in Gayathri Nagar area here on July 14, was on Tuesday arrested by the police.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who died on Monday, had a special attachment to Hyderabad where he led India's missile development programme and worked on various projects to use the spin-offs of defence research for healthcare.
Hailing former President APJ Abdul Kalam as a great statesman who always wanted to reach out to the people, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday urged that homage be paid to the departed soul in all government offices in the state.
More than 11 crore people took a dip in the Godavari river in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh during the 12-day Godavari maha pushkaralu festival that ended on Saturday.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has said that the state government planned to link the Godavari river with Krishna and Penna rivers.
After Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi made a strong pitch for grant of "special category" status to Andhra Pradesh and accused the state government of not pushing the matter seriously, the Chief Minister has said that he was confident of getting it operationalised with the help of Centre.
Tens of thousands thronged the banks of the Godavari in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh to take a holy dip on Saturday, the last day of Godavari maha pushkaralu, a de facto Kumbh mela.
Praising the Self-Help Group (SHG) women movement built over the years in Andhra Pradesh, Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Friday alleged that the TDP government in the state has destroyed the endeavour.
As many as 3.85 crore pilgrims have taken holy dip in the ongoing Godavari 'Maha Pushkaram' since the festival began in Andhra Pradesh on July 14, a state minister said on Thursday.
Authorities here have stepped up measures to ensure security on the banks of Godavari river due to rise in water level keeping in view the rush of pilgrims attending the 12-day 'Pushkaram' festival.
The Andhra Pradesh Government wants to keep beggars away from bathing ghats during the ongoing 'Godavari Puskharam' and is offering Rs 10,000 to each of them so that they stay away from the religious event, which is attracting lakhs of pilgrims here.
The Andhra Pradesh government on Wednesday allotted 2,295 acres of land for a missile testing range coming up in Kurnool district.
In a unique initiative to keep them away from the crowded ghats where Godavari Pushkaralu is now being held, beggars have been asked by the Andhra Pradesh government to take Rs 5,000.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has urged pilgrims at Godavari Pushkaram to keep bathing ghats clean and take it upon themselves as a responsibility.
A meeting of the Andhra Pradesh Cabinet would be held on Wednesday in Rajahmundry where Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is staying for the ongoing Godavari Pushakaram.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would undertake a 'padayatra' and interact with farmers, weavers and women from self-help groups in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh during a visit on July 24.
YSR Congress on Tuesday alleged that the master plan for AP capital city released by the TDP government is a "diversionary tactic" to "cover up" the recent 'Pushkaram' stampede tragedy which claimed 27 lives.
MDMK leader Vaiko on Tuesday said he would decide on the next course of action if the Tamil Nadu government does not take any steps to inquire into the incident of gunning down of 20 workers from the state by the Andhra Pradesh Police in the Seshachalam forest in April.
Two of Singapore's township developers are likely to bid for projects to develop Andhra Pradesh's new capital city, Amravati.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued notices to the Chief Secretary and Director General of Andhra Pradesh Police on the basis of media reports that a woman Tehsildar from Krishna district was beaten by an MLA of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and an alleged sand mafia in the presence of policemen on July 9.
Nine persons were on Monday killed and eight others injured when an APSRTC bus rammed into a stationary autorickshaw here, police said.
Eight persons, including three women, inside a stationary auto were on Monday killed and four others injured after it was hit by a state transport bus here, police said.
ESL Narasimhan, Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, on Monday took a holy dip in the river Godavari on the seventh day of the ongoing 'Mahapushkaram' here.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- Government removes ban on all porn sites except child pornography
- Released Indian teacher Lakshmikant recollects ISIS experience
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- Somnath Bharti kicks up row with 'beautiful women' remark
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?
- Power struggle in Taliban, Mullah Omar's son killed in Pakistan?
- Viral Video: When a 'Ghost' Got Killed, Almost!!!
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Indian envoy set to meet deaf-and-dumb woman Geeta in Karachi today
- India vs Sri Lanka: Can Virat Kohli's aggression lead to a Test series win after 22 years?
- England`s Eoin Morgan gets county rest ahead of Australia duty