In a bid to strengthen the party and improve its poll prospects, BJP president Amit Shah has made some fresh appointments, with Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and general secretary Ram Madhav as election in-charges for Assam elections due in June 2016.
Four improvised explosive devices (IED), suspected to belong to the ULFA-Independent, were recovered from a night passenger bus in Tinsukia district, a police official said on Saturday.
The NIA has filed a chargesheet in a special court here against 10 NDFB (Songbijit) militants who were allegedly involved in the killing of Adivasis in Assam's Kokrajhar district in December last year.
A NDFB(S) hideout at Chirang was busted and a cache of arms and ammunition has been recovered by a joint team of the Army and Assam Police.
The Supreme Court on Thursday took a strong note to the submission seeking adjournment of hearing in a 27-year-old lawsuit filed by Assam in its decades-long border dispute with Nagaland.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi's programme 'Digital India Week', was not a new concept and that former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi had started it.
The All Assam Media Employees Federation has appealed Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to enforce implementation of the Majithia Wage Board recommendations, enact a law for protection of journalists, pension and health schemes for scribes, besides inclusion of electronic media workers in the Minimum Wage Act.
Four NDFB(S) militants, including its self-styled commanding officer, were arrested and a arms and RDX explosives were recovered in Baksa district, police said on Wednesday.
Four NDFB(S) militants, including its self-styled commanding officer, were arrested and arms and RDX explosives were recovered in Baksa district, police said on Wednesday.
A major accident was averted in Assam's Gauripur district due to timely detection and inactivation of a bomb placed over a railway track here.
A fresh wave of flood hit the northern bank of Brahmaputra in Assam on Monday claiming lives of at least two persons and affecting over 5,500 people in 20 villages.
Journalists on Monday protested against the attacks on media personnel across the country and Assam in particular and demanded a separate law for their protection while carrying out their duties.
A top official of a state-run oil company has been found dead under mysterious circumstances with a vein on his wrist slit, at his official residence in Dibrugarh district of Assam.
An earthquake measure 5.6 on the Richter scale struck Assam on Sunday morning.
An earthquake of intensity measuring 5.6 on the Ritcher scale struck Assam on Sunday morning at around 6:35 am, leaving three injured.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "silence" on External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje's close ties with tainted former IPL boss Lalit Modi.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday slammed the Centre for not including Assam in the list of proposed six new Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), saying the NDA government is paying only "lip sympathy" to the state.
The flood situation in Assam on Thursday improved considerably with only around 3,500 people affected due to the waters in ten villages.
The transport department of the Assam government has decided to strictly enforce anti-tobacco laws on its public transport system, an official said.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has expressed serious concern over non-fulfillment of commitments made by post-graduate doctors prior to their admission in the state-run medical colleges of the state.
The flood situation in Assam has shown signs of improvement on Wednesday though nearly 22,000 people are still suffering due to the waters in over 25 villages across the state.
The Guwahati Police on Wednesday said it has formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) under an ACP to probe the alleged rape and murder of a college girl in the city.
A multi-layer security ring has been thrown in and around the Kamakhya temple here after an intelligence input about militant groups operational in Assam and planning to sabotage the ongoing Ambubachi Mela was received, Guwahati police said on Wednesday.
Five militants, including two hardcore ULFA, were arrested in two different incidents in Assam Wednesday.
The Chairman of militant outfit Karbi National Liberation Army (KNLA) was apprehended on Wednesday by a joint team of police, Army and CRPF 20th battalion from Karbi Anglong hill district of Assam, a police official said.
Four inmates escaped from Diphu jail in Assam's Karbi Anglong district, prompting Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to order a probe into the incident.
The Assam government on Tuesday decided to write to the Centre to take steps for inclusion of all persons whose names appeared on electoral rolls by virtue of 'being Indians' in the ongoing updation of Nation Register of Citizens (NRC).
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday said the state government was in favour of yoga, but not for making it compulsory in government schools and other educational institutions across the state.
Huge quantities of arms and ammunition were recovered during a search operation by the security forces in Assam's Goalpara district on Tuesday.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today said a section of people making hue and cry over yoga were involved in the demolition of Babri Masjid.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider