The BJP on Thursday slammed Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal about his newfound association with the RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav who was notoriously famous for corruption in Bihar.
With its allies mounting pressure, BJP on Thursday indicated that it will finalise seat-sharing deal with them for the Bihar Assembly polls by the first week of September.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday laughed away the challenge by Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari for a televised debate over Rs 1.25 lakh crore special package announced for the state and asked him to first answer questions related to his department which forms a bulk of the package.
CPI(M) today charged that the release of census data on religion by the NDA government was "timed to derive electoral benefits" in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday continued his tirade against the BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre and alleged that the nation has not benefitted from Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s `Swacch Bharat` initiative.
The increasing warmth of the ties between Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and his counterpart from Bihar Nitish Kumar may heat up the matters in the wake of upcoming assembly polls in the state.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal reached Bihar Thursday morning to meet Janata Dal (United) leader and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Taking a view divergent to that of his party colleague and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav on Wednesday disapproved of the agitation by the Patel and Patidar community in Gujarat for reservation under the Other Backward Castes (OBC) category saying that the Patels have been quite well off.
Five people were killed when Patna-Islampur passenger train ran over them at Rajendra Nagar Terminal in Bihar, reports claimed on Wednesday.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his Delhi counterpart Arvind Kejriwal will share the dias at a function here tomorrow, an event considered important to boost Kumar's chances in the coming assembly polls in the state.
A district court granted bail to Bihar Congress President Ashok Choudhary on Wednesday in a case of alleged violation of model code of conduct in the 2010 assembly elections.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said at least Rs 1.08 lakh crore or 87 percent of the special package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi "with an intent to win Bihar elections" was a "mere repackaging of old schemes".
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said the bulk of the Rs.1.25 lakh crore announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi as special package for Bihar was a "mere repackaging of old schemes".
The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday criticized Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, saying he has `ill intentions` in not appreciating the special package by Prime Minister Modi.
Bihar government on Tuesday set up a high-level committee to probe how BJP national president Amit Shah got trapped inside a lift of the state guest house here four days ago.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday lent support to the agitation by Patel community in Gujarat demanding its inclusion in the OBC category and said the state government "could delay" it, but cannot 'turn a blind eye' over the issue.
Stating that Asaduddin Owaisi-led AIMIM contesting the upcoming Bihar polls would lead to communal polarisation benefitting BJP, CPI day said the Left Front will expose the "game" being played by the two parties.
Virtually daring the party to take action, sulking BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha did not hide his disappointment at being "ignored" by the party leadership and at the goings on in the organization ahead of assembly elections in Bihar.
The Bihar government on Tuesday set up a high-level committee to probe how BJP president Amit Shah and three other party leaders got trapped in a lift at the state guest house here for around 40 minutes.
BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday suggested expanding support base for construction of toilets under Prime Minister model village project.
Janata Dal (United) leader Sanjay Singh interpreted Ram Vilas Paswan`s comment on Tuesday of not wanting to become the chief minister of Bihar as his expression of pain.
A day after two of its allies said seat sharing in Bihar must conclude within a week, a BJP leader announced on Tuesday that his party will contest 170 of the 243 Assembly seats.
Actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday openly dared his party BJP to take action against him over his alleged proximity with Janata Dal (U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Jitan Ram Manjhi, former Bihar chief minister and Hindustani Awam Morcha`s leader, was elected national president of the party after resigning on Tuesday from the primary membership of the JD-U and from the Bihar assembly.
Jitan Ram Manjhi, former Bihar chief minister and Hindustani Awam Morcha`s leader, resigned on Tuesday from the primary membership of the JD-U and also from the Bihar Assembly.
The BJP will not take any action against its defiant Lok Sabha member Shatrughan Sinha till after the Bihar election, a senior party leader said on Monday.
Running an aggressive campaign in the high stakes Bihar assembly elections, BJP will focus on the Rs 1.25 lakh crore package in its second round of electioneering and hopes to cash on voters who it feels are no longer swayed by issues like caste to trounce the Nitish-Lalu combine.
Jan Adhikar Party founder Pappu Yadav was on Monday granted anticipatory bail by a local court here in connection with a case lodged against him for allegedly disrupting public servants from discharging duties during a stir last month.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday laid foundation stones, inaugurated and dedicated development projects valued altogether at Rs 19,500 crore including a Rs 5,000 crore bridge over the Ganga near Patna.
JD-U president Sharad Yadav on Sunday said the cancellation of the NSA-level talks between India and Pakistan reflected the failure of "our foreign policy".
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Media bigwig Indrani Mukerjea held for sister's murder
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Odisha: Three jawans killed in Maoist ambush in Malkangiri
- Sanjay Dutt gets 30-day parole for daughter's surgery
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Caught on camera: UP woman assaults paralysed mother-in-law
- Quota row: Patel agitation turns violent, clashes in Ahmedabad & Surat
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- Revealed! How Indrani Mukherjea murdered daughter Sheena Bora
- Pakistani hunk Fawad Khan to play homosexual on screen?
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Murdered Sheena Bora was Indrani Mukherjea's daughter, not sister!
- Khel Ratna row: Karnataka HC issues notice to Sania Mirza over H N Girisha plea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?