Kumar, who belongs to the Extreme Backward Caste (EBC), is seventh-time legislator from Gaya town assembly seat in Gaya district.
Few political allies are as unlike each other as RJD chief and former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar, who recently took oath for the fifth time as the state's chief minister.
In a telephonic conversation with Kumar, Singh enquired about the incident that took place on Friday night, official sources said.
AIMIM had put up six candidates from constituencies in Seemanchal region and all of them lost in the wave in favour of the Grand Alliance comprising RJD, JD(U) and Congress.
Lalu Prasad's younger son sought to have a 'no nonsense' approach to governance saying he did not approve of people coming to meet him without work.
A mobile message allegedly threatening to "eliminate" Nitish Kumar was received by a private TV channel on Thursday.
In July, Nitish Kumar had declared that prohibition would be imposed if he retained power in the Assembly elections.
RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav's two of the most trusted senior IAS officers have been moved into departments held by the party patron's sons in the Bihar cabinet.
The image of the Delhi Chief Minister and Prasad embracing had gone viral and put Kejriwal's anti-graft credentials under serious question.
Stating that it was Nitish Kumar's perception and social engineering that did wonders for the grand alliance, Jan Adhikar Party chief Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Tuesday credited Kumar and not Lalu Prasad for the victory of JD(U)-RJD-Congress in the assembly polls.
Amid reports of some RJD and JD(U) MLAs grabbing official bungalows here of their choice, Lalu Prasad on Tuesday denounced such behaviour and reminded them of the "great responsibility on their shoulders to honour the huge mandate."
Yadav, who has been allotted the PWD ministry, said that his department's focus would on developing infrastructure.
According to a video, Narendra Modi is heard saying ‘akshanna’ instead of ‘akshunna’.
Bihar's recently appointed Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav, it seems, has found backing from the Janata Dal (United), one of the key members of the Mahagathbandhan.
The state cabinet in its first meeting this evening recommended convening session of the Legislative Assembly from November 30 to December 8.
Nitish has formed the government in Bihar as a leader of the Grand Alliance which includes Lalu Prasad Yadav's RJD and the Congress.
When it came to allotting the plum portfolio of deputy CM, Lalu chose 26-year-old Tejashwi over his elder son Tej Pratap. Here's why he may have done so:
Yesterday, in a grand event, Nitish Kumar swore in as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the fifth time at the Gandhi Maidan here.
Nitish Kumar, 64, who headed the Grand Alliance that worsted the Bharatiya Janata Party, kept with him the home, information and public relations as well as general administration ministries.
Nitish Kumar, who took the oath of office as chief minister on Friday, is an engineer by profession.
Importantly, Nitish Kumar has chosen to retain the home ministry with himself.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who had declined to campaign for Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, was seen hugging the former Bihar chief minister during the oath-taking ceremony of Nitish Kumar.
"Our chief minister is going there (Bihar) to fight against intolerance and mark her protest against the authoritarian attitude of the Centre," says TMC.
Samples of the fast food have been collected by police for forensic examination.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi accepted the invitation of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to be present at the swearing-in ceremony of his new government.
Ajit Kumar was attacked when he and his colleagues intervened during a clash between two communities.
Bihar Chief Minister designate Nitish Kumar on Wednesday extended invitation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the oath ceremony of his new government on Friday.
The Bihar Chief Minister has invited Karunanidhi for the swearing-in function.
Lakhs of devotees thronged the banks of Ganga early in the morning to offer 'argaya' to the rising Sun god.
Millions of people, rich and poor, across Bihar, mostly women, fasted, sang folk songs and offered prayers to the setting sun to celebrate the festival of Chhath on Tuesday.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs