An arrest order was on Saturday issued against Rajballabh Yadav, a legislator of Bihar`s ruling RJD, after a minor girl filed a complaint of abduction and rape against him, police said.
Bihar DIG has ordered the arrest of the Nawada MLA and an investigation is currently underway.
One of the accused in the Bihar Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president Visheshwar Ojha murder case, Harendra Singh alias Bhua Singh, has been arrested by the police.
An officer of Indian Army, whohad gone missing under suspicious circumstances while on a train journey, has been found, said police.
Bharatiya Janata Party's Bihar vice-president Visheshwar Ojha was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Arrah area on Friday evening.
In 2013, Janata Dal (United) leader Nitish Kumar called Ishrat Jahan ‘Bihar ki Beti’.
An alleged arms smuggler was arrested with 24 automatic pistols in his possession from Jamalpur police station area in the district today.
At least 180 school children in Bihar took ill after they were administered deworming Albendazole tablets on Wednesday.
Garbage has started piling up in capital town Patna with about 4000 employees of Patna Municipal Corporation (PMC) going on strike in support of their demand including hike in wage for daily workers.
When asked about his meeting with rivals Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad, Sinha told PTI "I believe in the maxim 'once a friend always a friend'."
Bihar Government has passed a proposal for Patna Metro.
Two gutsy women with handful of chilli powder can be deadly! A group of criminals in Bihar`s Darbhanga district learnt this the hard way when they tried to break into a house at Ashfir colony, police said on Tuesday.
BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha met Bihar CM Nitish Kumar and tweeted a picture of the meeting on Monday evening.
Citing the figures of the Union government Yadav said Bihar is on the 22nd position in terms of crimes committed.
Patna: At least three coaches of the Awadh-Assam Express train were derailed in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district on Monday, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Hajipur-Muzaffarpur rail route, officials said.
The "return of Jungle Raj in Bihar" is a lie spread by the opposition parties in their attempt to defame the state, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad has said.
Union Minister for Consumer Affairs Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday charged that Bihar was now passing through a 'jungle raj' and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should resign.
LJP leader Brijnath Singh was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Patna.AK-47 shells were recovered from the spot.
Vatsalysa Singh Chauhan , a final year student of IIT Kharagpur , will be joining the IT giant in October this year.
A big earthquake tremor jolted Nepal and Bihar on Friday night, as per the US Geological Survey (USGS).
LJP leader Baijnathi Singh, who was on bail in a murder case, died, Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said adding the attack appears to have been by his rivals over an old enemity.
Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan on Thursday said that the Bihar government needs to look into the matter of sixty Dalit students threatening to commit suicide.
Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar Tejaswi Prasad Yadav said on Wednesday that his parents would choose a bride for him and that he would get married according to their wishes.
Four suspicious Kashmiri man were detained on Wednesday for clicking pictures of Indian Air Force station Darbhanga.
Hailed as one of the finest specimens of European architecture, construction of the Patna High Court building, which turned hundred today, was pursued with "unfailing vigour" despite the Great War which otherwise had thrown a spanner in the building of the New Capital of young Bihar.
60 Dalit students from Bihar studying at Rajdhani Engineering College in Bhubneshwar have threatened to commit suicide.
The BJP Tuesday attacked the Nitish Kumar-led dispensation alleging that it has failed to pay fees and hostel charges, under a government stipend scheme, of over 1000 dalit students studying engineering outside Bihar.
The Bihar Cabinet on Tuesday decided that a toilet in their homes will not be a legal requirement for those wishing to contest Panchayat Elections to be held in March-April.
Chirag Da was the chief of the Military Wing of Poorvi Bihar and Poorvottar Jharkhand special rea committee.
Lawyer Thakur Chandan Kumar Singh grabbed headlines when he filed a complaint-case against Lord Ram and his brother Lakshman.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- PM to visit Mumbai, launch 'Make in India' Week on Saturday
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls