Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday exuded confidence that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will get maximum seats in the ensuing Bihar Assembly elections.
Amid talk of JD(U) and RJD coming together ahead of the Bihar assembly elections, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday described the proposed tie-up as an "unholy and unworkable" alliance.
Three Trinamool Congress workers were on Sunday injured when a clash broke between two groups of the party at Jamuria during which bombs were hurled, police said.
Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United spokesperson Neeraj Kumar on Sunday said `castiesm` is in the DNA of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and his call for an end to caste-based politics in Bihar is full of contradictions.
Two persons, including a child, were killed and 10 others seriously injured when a speeding auto-rickshaw rammed into a stationary truck on state highway- 59 near Son Bihat village in Darbhanga district of Bihar on Sunday.
Pappu Yadav-led Jan Adhikar Morcha on Sunday declared the names of three candidates contesting upcoming polls in the state.
The BJP would not join hands with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ahead of the state assembly polls, former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi said here on Saturday.
As many as 1,500 detonators were recovered on Saturday from a house in Takia locality of Bihar's Rohtas district and one person has been arrested, a senior police official said.
After keeping away from a crucial meeting yesterday, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday met SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and raised objections to RJD head Lalu Prasad's idea of bringing Jitan Ram Manjhi in their alliance, an issue that threatens to derail the grouping.
Bracing for crucial Bihar poll later this year, BJP on Saturday announced tours of several Union ministers including Nitin Gadkari next week to "spread among people good works" of Narendra Modi government in the past one year.
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi advised people of Bihar to rise above caste politics, his party leaders were seen busy attending caste meetings in their preparation for upcoming Assembly poll.
A day after ousted Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi sought time from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP on Saturday said the party would "favourably consider" any proposal from his side for a tie-up in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two ward boys of a private hospital in Bansdeeh area here, police said on Saturday.
Seven children were injured when a crude bomb went off in Bihar's Bhagalpur district on Saturday.
Hundreds of doctors on Saturday took brooms in their hands and swept roads as part of a cleanniess drive in the city.
Congress on Saturday said that the BJP government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will face a crushing defeat in poll-bound Bihar, which will be "worse than what it faced in Delhi Assembly polls".
"Desperate" rivals of BJP are cobbling together an "impracticable coalition" in Bihar to stop the saffron party from winning the Assembly polls due there later this year, key party strategist Arun Jaitley said on Saturday.
Expelled RJD MP Pappu Yadav on Friday rejected speculation of a tie-up with BJP and pitched for a Third Front against NDA as well as Lalu Prasad-led RJD in poll-bound Bihar.
Putting a question mark on the 'Janata Parivar' merger, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday skipped a crucial meeting called to iron out the differences with RJD chief Lalu Prasad, who mooted the idea of roping in Jitan Ram Manjhi, a known Kumar detractor, in the anti-BJP alliance.
Agrarian distress deepened in Bihar with the state recording its fourth farmer death here on Friday sparking angry protests from villagers who demanded intervention of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The Bihar government has decided not to deploy the Home Guards, who are on strike for the past one week, on duty for Assembly polls due later this year, an official said on Friday.
Reaching out to the voters of Bihar ahead of the Assembly polls, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday asked the people of the state to rise above caste considerations and support the most virtuous.
A low-intensity blast took place near the passport office in Bihar's capital Patna, a report said on Friday.
Janata Dal (United) leader KC Tyagi on Friday said Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s meeting with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav has been convened to sort out the seat sharing issue ahead of the Bihar Assembly elections.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav here on Friday amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
A chargesheet was filed against BJP`s MP from Bihar Satish Chandra Dubey and five others in a 15-year-old murder case, police said on Thursday.
Asserting that the Bihar Assembly polls will be the "third nail" in BJP's coffin, senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh exuded confidence on the prospect of all "secular forces" joining hands to defeat the saffron party in the politically crucial battle.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav here tomorrow amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
Dismissing the Janata Parivar as having no future, Lok Janshakti Party President and Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday claimed that the National Democratic Alliance will get two-thirds majority in elections to the Bihar Assembly later this year.
Senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh has expressed confidence that all "secular forces" would join hands to defeat the BJP in forthcoming elections in Bihar.
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered