Expelled RJD MP Pappu Yadav on Friday rejected speculation of a tie-up with BJP and pitched for a Third Front against NDA as well as Lalu Prasad-led RJD in poll-bound Bihar.
Putting a question mark on the 'Janata Parivar' merger, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday skipped a crucial meeting called to iron out the differences with RJD chief Lalu Prasad, who mooted the idea of roping in Jitan Ram Manjhi, a known Kumar detractor, in the anti-BJP alliance.
Agrarian distress deepened in Bihar with the state recording its fourth farmer death here on Friday sparking angry protests from villagers who demanded intervention of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
The Bihar government has decided not to deploy the Home Guards, who are on strike for the past one week, on duty for Assembly polls due later this year, an official said on Friday.
Reaching out to the voters of Bihar ahead of the Assembly polls, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday asked the people of the state to rise above caste considerations and support the most virtuous.
A low-intensity blast took place near the passport office in Bihar's capital Patna, a report said on Friday.
Janata Dal (United) leader KC Tyagi on Friday said Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s meeting with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav has been convened to sort out the seat sharing issue ahead of the Bihar Assembly elections.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav here on Friday amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
A chargesheet was filed against BJP`s MP from Bihar Satish Chandra Dubey and five others in a 15-year-old murder case, police said on Thursday.
Asserting that the Bihar Assembly polls will be the "third nail" in BJP's coffin, senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh exuded confidence on the prospect of all "secular forces" joining hands to defeat the saffron party in the politically crucial battle.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad will hold talks with Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav here tomorrow amid continuing differences over formalising a merger before the state Assembly polls.
Dismissing the Janata Parivar as having no future, Lok Janshakti Party President and Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Thursday claimed that the National Democratic Alliance will get two-thirds majority in elections to the Bihar Assembly later this year.
Senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh has expressed confidence that all "secular forces" would join hands to defeat the BJP in forthcoming elections in Bihar.
Over 10,000 Home Guard personnel courted arrest across Bihar on Thursday as their indefinite strike continued for the seventh day, while the state government acted tough by registering an FIR against those who had blocked the bridge over the Ganga leading to the death of two patients.
A day before the 'Janata Parivar' constituents go into a yet another huddle to remove irritants in the path of their merger, RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday caused disquiet in JD(U) with remarks that former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi be part of the "broader unity" against BJP.
An 84-year-old former MLA, Magan Insan, died of shock after falling from his terrace in Katihar district of Bihar on Thursday.
The World Bank will offer a credit of USD 250 million to Bihar government over the next five years as part of a programme to help improve effectiveness of elementary school teachers in the state by making them more qualified, accountable and responsive.
The Bihar government on Wednesday accused the Centre of supplying "defective" wheat to the state and instructed its officials to return the supply.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Wednesday agreed with Sena's criticism of Prime Minister Narendra Modi for announcing a credit line of USD one billion to Mongolia, stating that even allies were not heard within the NDA.
Railway services and vehicle movements were badly hit following the indefinite 'chakka jam' agitation by Home Guards in Bihar, which entered its sixth day on Wednesday.
Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Nasim Zaidi on Wednesday said that they had not received official proposal regarding merger of Janata Parivar.
Prashant Kishor, a core member of Narendra Modi's election campaign team, is likely to work for the Prime Minister's political rival and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during the crucial state assembly polls later this year.
Ahead of assembly elections in Bihar, senior BJP leader C P Thakur today announced a series of events to mark 50 years of outstanding works of poet Ramdhari Singh 'Dinkar' from the state with the Prime Minister launching the celebrations on Friday.
CPI on Wednesday said merger of Left parties was not on its immediate agenda though their unity to put up a common fight against anti-people government policies and communalism was under consideration.
Bihar Inter Results 2015 for science stream were declared by Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) at 3:30 pm on Wednesday.
Muslims in Bihar, in a stellar demonstration of communal harmony, have donated land to help build the world's largest Hindu temple which will have the capacity to seat a staggering 20,000 people.
The Bihar School Examination Board will announce the Class 12th Intermediate Science exam results 2015 today in a few hours time at 3:30 PM.
Sixteen persons were seriously injured when a bus fell into a roadside ditch in Jamui district of Bihar Wednesday morning, a police official said.
Thousands of protesting Home Guard personnel in Bihar forcibly halted dozens of trains and blocked major roads on Wednesday to protest the state government's failure to fulfil their demands.
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened