External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Sunday asked the voters to beware of the grand secular alliance because its coming to power would mean return of the "Jungle Raj 2".
AIMIM on Sunday accused Congress of being "responsible" for the demolition of Babri Masjid and blamed its "inefficiency" for Narendra Modi's ascent to power.
Police on Sunday said they were on the lookout for Samajwadi Party's Bihar president Ramchandra Singh Yadav, accused of taking Rs.10 lakh bribe for a ticket to contest the upcoming assembly polls, and he will be arrested soon.
The authorities have seized Rs. 16.01 lakh unaccounted cash and 24,718 litre liquor during the past 24 hours in poll-bound Bihar, an official release said on Sunday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Sunday reminded the people of Bihar of the 'damage' that had been done in the state in the 25 years of reign by the duo of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav, saying the once glorious and historically rich state was now lying in tatters because of 'jungle raj'.
Criticising Lalu Prasad's remarks that the Hindus too eat beef, Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday asked Sonia Gandhi and Nitish Kumar to explain their stand.
A total of 130 candidates with serious criminal cases against them including related to murder will contest in the first phase of Bihar Assembly polls on October 12.
Days before the first phase of Bihar polls, the Election Commission has reminded political parties of the guidelines to be followed while drafting election manifestos and have also asked them to provide it with a copy of the document soon after it has been released.
Dubbing Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as a 'diamond' during his alliance with the BJP, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said the veteran JD(U) leader has now lost much of his sheen after joining hands with the Congress and the RJD to take on the BJP in the upcoming state Assembly polls.
As part of Election Commission's special drive, the authorities on Saturday seized 15,383 litres of illicit liquor and Nepali currency Rs 61,565 from different parts in poll-bound Bihar.
A 16-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped by anti-social elements at Hapla Siraniya village in Katihar district of Bihar triggering mass protest by the locals and tribals on Saturday.
:Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as an expert in packaging and repackaging, and a politician who has been misleading the people of Bihar.
Two great grandsons of Bihar's first chief minister, Sri Krishna Sinha, are contesting against each other in Bihar's assembly elections.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday said that if the duo of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav win in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls, then there will be 'Jungle Raj 2' in Bihar.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi is scheduled to hold two rallies in Bihar on Saturday, the first one being at Kahalgaon near Bhagalpur where polling is slated in the first phase on October 12.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said funds allocated to Bihar by his government were its "right".
Anant Singh, a jailed Bihar MLA, will contest the ensuing assembly polls from behind the bars.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Sambit Patra on Friday said Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has revealed his frustration by describing BJP president Amit Shah as a "man eater". He said both the RJD and the JD-U were bereft of both ideas and vision for Bihar.
Ahead of the Bihar Assembly Elections, major players in the electoral battle are raging personal attacks on their opponents. Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday launched a blistering attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his association with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- The PM lays emphasis on sanitation, says people needed to inculcate a habit of cleanliness in order to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi's dream of a clean India.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday countered the charge of "jungle raj" made by the NDA and quoted figures from the National Crime Record Bureau in a bid to demonstrate that more crime had taken place in BJP-ruled states.
The Election Commission on Friday issued a show cause notice to Sushil Modi for allegedly offering freebies to voters in Bihar and said in its opinion the BJP leader has violated the model code in force in the poll-bound state.
The Election Commission on Thursday sent a notice to Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Sharpening its attack on rival NDA, the Grand Secular Alliance on Thursday released a video clip showing the alleged backtracking of Narendra Modi government on major poll promises including bringing back of blackmoney stashed abroad and giving every citizen Rs 15-20 lakh from it.
Taking a potshot at the grand alliance of RJD, JD(U) and Congress in Bihar, BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Thursday said they were running a "three-legged race" that cannot be won even as he warned voters of "anarchy" and "jungle raj" if the rival coalition came to power.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday released the BJP's 'vision document' for the Bihar assembly elections in the presence of two union ministers and senior party leaders here.
The Janata Dal (United) today said that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal supports his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar and wants him to return to office for the third time.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday rubbished reports which said that he was not supporting any political party in Bihar and categorically stated that he was backing Nitish Kumar.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to address three public rallies in Bihar's Begusarai, Sheikhpura and Rohtas Districts.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will on Thursday release the BJP's 'vision document' for the Bihar Assembly Elections in the presence of party president Amit Shah and other union ministers, a party leader said on Wednesday.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- What is PM Modi's operation 'prism'?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Shashank Manohar formally elected as BCCI president
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Novak Djokovic thrashes `misfiring` Rafael Nadal in Thailand exhibition match
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate