AIMIM had put up six candidates from constituencies in Seemanchal region and all of them lost in the wave in favour of the Grand Alliance comprising RJD, JD(U) and Congress.
Lalu Prasad's younger son sought to have a 'no nonsense' approach to governance saying he did not approve of people coming to meet him without work.
A mobile message allegedly threatening to "eliminate" Nitish Kumar was received by a private TV channel on Thursday.
In July, Nitish Kumar had declared that prohibition would be imposed if he retained power in the Assembly elections.
RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav's two of the most trusted senior IAS officers have been moved into departments held by the party patron's sons in the Bihar cabinet.
The image of the Delhi Chief Minister and Prasad embracing had gone viral and put Kejriwal's anti-graft credentials under serious question.
Stating that it was Nitish Kumar's perception and social engineering that did wonders for the grand alliance, Jan Adhikar Party chief Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Tuesday credited Kumar and not Lalu Prasad for the victory of JD(U)-RJD-Congress in the assembly polls.
Amid reports of some RJD and JD(U) MLAs grabbing official bungalows here of their choice, Lalu Prasad on Tuesday denounced such behaviour and reminded them of the "great responsibility on their shoulders to honour the huge mandate."
Yadav, who has been allotted the PWD ministry, said that his department's focus would on developing infrastructure.
According to a video, Narendra Modi is heard saying ‘akshanna’ instead of ‘akshunna’.
Bihar's recently appointed Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav, it seems, has found backing from the Janata Dal (United), one of the key members of the Mahagathbandhan.
The state cabinet in its first meeting this evening recommended convening session of the Legislative Assembly from November 30 to December 8.
Nitish has formed the government in Bihar as a leader of the Grand Alliance which includes Lalu Prasad Yadav's RJD and the Congress.
When it came to allotting the plum portfolio of deputy CM, Lalu chose 26-year-old Tejashwi over his elder son Tej Pratap. Here's why he may have done so:
Yesterday, in a grand event, Nitish Kumar swore in as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the fifth time at the Gandhi Maidan here.
Nitish Kumar, 64, who headed the Grand Alliance that worsted the Bharatiya Janata Party, kept with him the home, information and public relations as well as general administration ministries.
Nitish Kumar, who took the oath of office as chief minister on Friday, is an engineer by profession.
Importantly, Nitish Kumar has chosen to retain the home ministry with himself.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who had declined to campaign for Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, was seen hugging the former Bihar chief minister during the oath-taking ceremony of Nitish Kumar.
"Our chief minister is going there (Bihar) to fight against intolerance and mark her protest against the authoritarian attitude of the Centre," says TMC.
Samples of the fast food have been collected by police for forensic examination.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi accepted the invitation of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to be present at the swearing-in ceremony of his new government.
Ajit Kumar was attacked when he and his colleagues intervened during a clash between two communities.
Bihar Chief Minister designate Nitish Kumar on Wednesday extended invitation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the oath ceremony of his new government on Friday.
The Bihar Chief Minister has invited Karunanidhi for the swearing-in function.
Lakhs of devotees thronged the banks of Ganga early in the morning to offer 'argaya' to the rising Sun god.
Millions of people, rich and poor, across Bihar, mostly women, fasted, sang folk songs and offered prayers to the setting sun to celebrate the festival of Chhath on Tuesday.
Lalu Prasad supervised the function at 10 Circular Road residence and offered evening 'aragya'.
The incident occurred at Kunwar Singh Chowk under Jai Nagar police station when a 11,000-volt overhead wire snapped and fell on a road.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources
- Delhi: Cash van driver in who fled with Rs 22.5 crore arrested
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- When will 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed get arrested?
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- PoK will remain with Pakistan: Farooq Abdullah
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!
- Married actor in love with co-star; wife confronts, separates!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Swaragini: If not Swara, who kidnapped Ragini?
- Know what not to do to let sex lose steam after one year of relationship
- #RahulStumped? No...he was `inspiring`, `spirited`, says Bengaluru girl - Read her post here
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Maharashtra engineer first Indian bomber to graduate from ISIS training school: Report
- Student's death: Protests hit NIT Durgapur, President's intervention sought
- RSS is India's No 1 terror group: Former Mumbai police officer