You may have heard of a 'Dili' in East Timor or 'Kōchi' in Japan, what about a Patna in Scotland!
The Bihar Legislative Council was adjourned till Wednesday noon after BJP legislators created ruckus on Tuesday over the Khagaria incident, in which musclemen attacked people belonging to Scheduled Caste, demolished their hutments and allegedly committed atrocities on women.
The Bihar assembly was on Tuesday adjourned till 2 pm following an uproar by the opposition, which demanded a debate on deteriorating the law and order situation in the state.
Bihar`s ruling alliance led by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will hold joint rallies across the state to bolster its fortunes in the upcoming assembly elections, an official said on Tuesday.
Actor-turned-BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today denied that their recent meetings were in context of the former's wife entering into the fray in the Assembly poll on a JD(U) ticket.
Eight rebel JD(U) MLAs, who were permitted by the courts to attend the Assembly proceedings pending hearing of their plea against termination of membership, were on Monday seen sitting together.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday attacked Narendra Modi government for ruling out special category status to the state despite promising it during parliamentary poll campaign.
Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Monday said she will not contest the upcoming state assembly elections.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he will not contest the upcoming state assembly elections.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader and actor Shatrughan Sinha's supporters are reportedly lobbying for JD(U) ticket for his wife Poonam ahead of the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
Both Houses of Bihar Legislature Monday paid rich tributes to late former president A P J Abdul Kalam on the opening day of the Monsoon Session here.
Bihar Police on Monday said it will move the Patna High Court to cancel Lok Sabha member Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav`s bail for repeatedly violating the rules and creating law and order problems.
Asserting that youths were the harbinger of change in the society, the BJP on Sunday sought their support in its quest to claim power in the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Bihar.
Targeting Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his ally RJD leader Lalu Prasad, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Sunday urged the people to vote for a "Nitish-Lalu mukht Bihar".
Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi and Election Commissioner Achal Kumar are likely to visit Patna next week to review the preparations for the upcoming Assembly poll elections in the state.
Three women Kanwariya pilgrims were killed and another injured when they were run over by a speeding truck here, police said today.
Crying "betrayal", Nitish Kumar-led JD(U)-RJD alliance will flag in a big way in the upcoming Bihar assembly elections the denial by the Centre of special category status to the state.
Three women Kanwariya pilgrims were killed and another injured when they were run over by a speeding truck here, police said on Sunday.
Mocking animal rights group PETA for challenging his plan to take out a procession with 1,000 horse carts ahead of the Assembly polls in Bihar, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Saturday said he will take out 50, 000 such processions.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said the immunisation rate in the state had witnessed a jump from a measly 18 percent to 78 percent since he took over the reins of the state.
The JD(U) on Saturday attacked the BJP as its government at the Centre has ruled out granting special category status to Bihar and provided only a special package instead.
In a major administrative reshuffle ahead of crucial Assembly polls in Bihar, the state government on Saturday transferred 36 IAS officers - across 28 districts, and 41 IPS officers.
The Bihar government on Saturday transferred 44 IPS officers ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls.
Bihar is the country's most flood-prone state with 73 percent of its 94,163-sq.Km area getting flooded annually, the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) said here on Saturday.
Mocking Narendra Modi over the launch of the Suvidha Express, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said earlier people had to queue up for trains, but now, they would have to queue up to get all trains to run.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad`s grand plan to take out a procession with 1,000 horse carts ahead of the Assembly polls has been challenged by an animal rights group.
The Janata Dal (United) on Saturday slammed the Narendra Modi-led NDA government for refusing special status to Bihar and said that the Prime Minister had promised the same to the people of the state to get votes during the Lok Sabha elections.
A total of 6,68,26,658 voters, which includes male, female and also third gender, would be eligible to exercise their franchise in the coming election to Bihar Assembly, according to the final voters list published by Election Commission on Friday.
A woman has filed a case of sexual assault against her IPS father-in-law and lodged complaints of domestic violence and torture for dowry against her husband and in-laws family.
Slamming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for taking sole credit for Bihar government's performance over the past decade, its former ally BJP on Friday dared him to contest the coming Assembly polls on his standalone achievements over the past 25 months.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Parliament logjam continues as Opposition creates uproar
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Ex-servicemen to intensify agitation, seek meeting with PM over OROP
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Heavy overnight firing by Pakistan troops in Jammu, BSF retaliates
- ‘Busy’ Salman Khan makes Anees Bazmee wait for 'No Entry' sequel