Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, whose proposed inclusion in the Janata Parivar alliance has sharpened differences between Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad, met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday and held talks for a possible tie-up in the poll-bound state.
Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, whose proposed inclusion in the Janata Parivar alliance has sharpened differences between Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad, has arrived in the capital to hold talks with BJP leaders for a possible tie-up in the poll-bound state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government was celebrating its one year in office only on the basis of promises made to the people without allocating funds, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said.
With confusion persisting whether there would be merger of Janata Parivar or JD(U) and RJD would go into Bihar poll in alliance, Lalu Prasad today said a decision would be taken on "merger or adjustment" soon.
An illegal gun factory has been busted leading to seizure of arms and ammunition and the arrest of seven persons in Bhagalpur district of Bihar on Wednesday.
Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday said the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government has succeeded in removing the deep-rooted 'loot lobby' and 'champions of corruption' from the corridors of power in Delhi.
In a big-ticket pre-poll announcement aimed at wooing voters in Bihar, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday announced that the state will get roads worth Rs 50,000 crore and the work will be started this year itself.
The Bihar School Examination Board has announced the Class 12th Intermediate Commerce exam results 2015 today at 3 pm.
The Bihar School Examination Board is expected to announce the Class 12th Intermediate Commerce exam results 2015 today at 3 PM
The bodyguard of a Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader was killed on Tuesday in Bihar's Gaya district when a bomb - wrapped in a parcel - exploded at the politician's house, police said.
Hinting at the possibility of joining hands with former Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi in Bihar polls, BJP President Amit Shah on Tuesday said talks are on and his party's doors are open for new allies.
One person was killed and another seriously injured on Tuesday when a parcel bomb exploded at the house of a JD(U) leader here.
Rejecting criticism that the Centre was repackaging old schemes in its assistance to Bihar, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to focus more on fulfilling his own promises of making it a surplus power state.
Allaying fears regarding its stand on Article 370, which guarantees a special constitutional status to Jammu and Kashmir, BJP on Monday said "status quo on it will be maintained".
As the expected sudden release of massive volume of water from the blocked Kali Gandaki river in Nepal loomed, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar called a high-level meeting of the Disaster Management Department officials over the emergency situation.
With RJD President Lalu Prasad insisting on roping in Jitan Ram Manjhi in the proposed Janata Parivar alliance, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday sought to allay fears of any derailment in the merger process, saying there was nothing to worry about.
Janata Dal (United) (JD-U) chief Sharad Yadav on Monday rubbished speculations of a rift between his party and the Lalu Prasad Yadav-led Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), saying both parties would fight the upcoming Bihar Assembly elections together.
With the arrest of two persons, Bihar Police today claimed to have busted a thriving Fake Indian Currency Note (FICN) racket that targeted rural people.
Two young men were killed after the motorcycle dashed into a tree near Pesh village in this district, police on Monday said.
The Government of Bihar has placed five districts on high alert following reports of a landslide in Nepal. The calamity has led to the formation of a lake in Nepal's Kali Gandaki River, according to reports.
Protesting against an police encounter last week that killed a woman ultra, Maoists set 32 vehicles on fire in Amas in Gaya district on Monday.
The Bihar government on Sunday sounded flood alert in five districts after a massive landslide, triggered by recent earthquakes, blocked the Kali Gandaki river at Benibazar in Myagdi district of Nepal, leading to accumulation of a huge volume of water there.
Taking a jibe at the Janta Parivar merger, Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said that the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine would emerge victorious in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
With Assembly polls due later this year and the merger of 'Janata Parivar' parties virtually in doldrums, BJP has decided to take to the public the verbal duel of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD President Lalu Prasad when they were in opposing camps.
Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday exuded confidence that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will get maximum seats in the ensuing Bihar Assembly elections.
Amid talk of JD(U) and RJD coming together ahead of the Bihar assembly elections, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday described the proposed tie-up as an "unholy and unworkable" alliance.
Three Trinamool Congress workers were on Sunday injured when a clash broke between two groups of the party at Jamuria during which bombs were hurled, police said.
Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United spokesperson Neeraj Kumar on Sunday said `castiesm` is in the DNA of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and his call for an end to caste-based politics in Bihar is full of contradictions.
Two persons, including a child, were killed and 10 others seriously injured when a speeding auto-rickshaw rammed into a stationary truck on state highway- 59 near Son Bihat village in Darbhanga district of Bihar on Sunday.
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt