Two high-intensity quakes rattled Bihar today, claiming 15 lives and injuring 36 in the incident of wall and roof collapses just weeks after the April 25 temblor that left 58 people dead in the state.
An earthquake measuring 7.1 on the Richter scale was felt in Patna and other parts of Bihar this afternoon.
Three policemen and a truck driver were killed when the jeep in which the cops were travelling collided with the truck in Khagaria district, police said on Tuesday.
At least 55 people, including children and women, fell ill after eating 'prasad' - an offering to deity - in a Bihar village, an official said on Tuesday.
Janata Dal (United) leader KC Tyagi on Tuesday announced that his party along with the Rashtriya Janata Dal will contest the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls later this year.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said there was no question of going back on the merger of six parties of the Janata Parivar.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he did not want to rake up political controversy over Centre's advise against his visit to quake-ravaged Nepal to oversee the relief work.
Expelled RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Monday came down heavily on party president Lalu Prasad and said he was prepared for a 'no holds barred' battle with him.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday said the merger of Janata Parivar would not affect his party in any manner.
A huge haul of explosives were recovered in a joint operation launched by the CRPF and Bihar Police in Naxal-infected Jamui district of the state on Sunday.
Eight minors drowned in separate incidents in Bihar on Sunday.
At least five people, including two children and a woman, were killed on Sunday when they were struck by lightning in Bihar`s Madhepura district, officials said.
Nine people, including a Nepalese, were killed and six others injured in separate road accidents in Bihar, police said today.
Launching three major social schemes, Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan said on Saturday the Narendra Modi government is working with the motto of "power to the poor".
Expelled RJD MP Pappu on Saturday claimed that he could not be technically removed from the party as it is now part of the Janta Parivar headed by Mulayam Singh Yadav who can only take such an action.
Launching three major social schemes,Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday said the Narendra Modi government is working with the motto of "power to the poor".
Private doctors here went on a two-day strike beginning today to protest against the growing incidents of attack on them by people accompanying patients, and police inaction to nab the culprits.
Officer in-charge of Rajapur police station in Bihar's Buxar district allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in wee hours Saturday, a senior district police officer said.
An elderly couple has been killed by their neighbours for allegedly practicing witchcraft in a Bihar village.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said the process of merger of splinter parties into Janata Dal was "treading its own path."
A day after ousted Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav was issued a show cause notice for his alleged anti-party activities, the Madhepura MP said on Friday that he has written to the Election Commission and have sought an explanation into the matter. He also rubbished the show cause notice sent to him by the party leadership and threatened to resort to legal action if required.
Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Friday formally launched a new party, Hindustan Awami Morcha (HAM), which will contest all the 243 seats in the coming assembly polls.
Ousted Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav on Friday questioned the friendship between Lalu Prasad Yadav and Mulayam Singh Yadav, further attacking the Janata Parivar after his expulsion from the party.
Hitting out at the JD(U) government for rise in crime in Bihar, BJP on Thursday alleged that the criminal gangs of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh were working in tandem as the merger process underway among the Janata Parivar constituents of the two states.
At least 22 child labourers were rescued and two agents arrested on Thursday at Sasaram railway station in Bihar by the Government Railway Police (GRP), officials said.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) on Thursday expelled Madhepura MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav for six years for anti-party activities.
The Gaya-based doctor and his wife, who were freed on Thursday after being abducted six days back, on Friday denied any ransom was paid for their release.
A day after a BJP MLC Ashok Agrawal received a threat call, Katihar police on Wednesday arrested a man for being allegedly involved in the case.
Five days after being abducted, the doctor couple, Pankaj Gupta and Shubhra Gupta, on Wednesday returned home here in Bihar, Director General of Police P K Thakur said.
Two persons were killed and as many injured today in a collision between two vehicles near Marahiya crossing in Kaimur district, a police officer said.
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday