Rejecting criticism that the Centre was repackaging old schemes in its assistance to Bihar, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to focus more on fulfilling his own promises of making it a surplus power state.
Allaying fears regarding its stand on Article 370, which guarantees a special constitutional status to Jammu and Kashmir, BJP on Monday said "status quo on it will be maintained".
As the expected sudden release of massive volume of water from the blocked Kali Gandaki river in Nepal loomed, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar called a high-level meeting of the Disaster Management Department officials over the emergency situation.
With RJD President Lalu Prasad insisting on roping in Jitan Ram Manjhi in the proposed Janata Parivar alliance, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday sought to allay fears of any derailment in the merger process, saying there was nothing to worry about.
Janata Dal (United) (JD-U) chief Sharad Yadav on Monday rubbished speculations of a rift between his party and the Lalu Prasad Yadav-led Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD), saying both parties would fight the upcoming Bihar Assembly elections together.
With the arrest of two persons, Bihar Police today claimed to have busted a thriving Fake Indian Currency Note (FICN) racket that targeted rural people.
Two young men were killed after the motorcycle dashed into a tree near Pesh village in this district, police on Monday said.
The Government of Bihar has placed five districts on high alert following reports of a landslide in Nepal. The calamity has led to the formation of a lake in Nepal's Kali Gandaki River, according to reports.
Protesting against an police encounter last week that killed a woman ultra, Maoists set 32 vehicles on fire in Amas in Gaya district on Monday.
The Bihar government on Sunday sounded flood alert in five districts after a massive landslide, triggered by recent earthquakes, blocked the Kali Gandaki river at Benibazar in Myagdi district of Nepal, leading to accumulation of a huge volume of water there.
Taking a jibe at the Janta Parivar merger, Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday said that the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine would emerge victorious in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
With Assembly polls due later this year and the merger of 'Janata Parivar' parties virtually in doldrums, BJP has decided to take to the public the verbal duel of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD President Lalu Prasad when they were in opposing camps.
Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Sunday exuded confidence that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) will get maximum seats in the ensuing Bihar Assembly elections.
Amid talk of JD(U) and RJD coming together ahead of the Bihar assembly elections, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday described the proposed tie-up as an "unholy and unworkable" alliance.
Three Trinamool Congress workers were on Sunday injured when a clash broke between two groups of the party at Jamuria during which bombs were hurled, police said.
Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United spokesperson Neeraj Kumar on Sunday said `castiesm` is in the DNA of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and his call for an end to caste-based politics in Bihar is full of contradictions.
Two persons, including a child, were killed and 10 others seriously injured when a speeding auto-rickshaw rammed into a stationary truck on state highway- 59 near Son Bihat village in Darbhanga district of Bihar on Sunday.
Pappu Yadav-led Jan Adhikar Morcha on Sunday declared the names of three candidates contesting upcoming polls in the state.
The BJP would not join hands with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ahead of the state assembly polls, former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi said here on Saturday.
As many as 1,500 detonators were recovered on Saturday from a house in Takia locality of Bihar's Rohtas district and one person has been arrested, a senior police official said.
After keeping away from a crucial meeting yesterday, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday met SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and raised objections to RJD head Lalu Prasad's idea of bringing Jitan Ram Manjhi in their alliance, an issue that threatens to derail the grouping.
Bracing for crucial Bihar poll later this year, BJP on Saturday announced tours of several Union ministers including Nitin Gadkari next week to "spread among people good works" of Narendra Modi government in the past one year.
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi advised people of Bihar to rise above caste politics, his party leaders were seen busy attending caste meetings in their preparation for upcoming Assembly poll.
A day after ousted Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi sought time from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP on Saturday said the party would "favourably consider" any proposal from his side for a tie-up in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two ward boys of a private hospital in Bansdeeh area here, police said on Saturday.
Seven children were injured when a crude bomb went off in Bihar's Bhagalpur district on Saturday.
Hundreds of doctors on Saturday took brooms in their hands and swept roads as part of a cleanniess drive in the city.
Congress on Saturday said that the BJP government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will face a crushing defeat in poll-bound Bihar, which will be "worse than what it faced in Delhi Assembly polls".
"Desperate" rivals of BJP are cobbling together an "impracticable coalition" in Bihar to stop the saffron party from winning the Assembly polls due there later this year, key party strategist Arun Jaitley said on Saturday.
Expelled RJD MP Pappu Yadav on Friday rejected speculation of a tie-up with BJP and pitched for a Third Front against NDA as well as Lalu Prasad-led RJD in poll-bound Bihar.
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks