As politicians continue to blow up the Dadri lynching incident, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has blamed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for trying to import the beef controversy into the state ahead of Assembly elections, scheduled to commence from October 12.
Kishanganj Superintendent of Police Rajiv Ranjan has ordered arrest of All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin for allegedly making inflammatory speech at an election rally on Monday.
The filing of nomination papers for the fourth phase of the Bihar Assembly elections, slated to be held on November 1, began on Wednesday, an official said.
FIRs were lodged on Tuesday against BJP president Amit Shah and RJD chief Lalu Prasad for allegedly violating the election code ahead of the Bihar assembly polls.
Ananth Kumar on Tuesday hit out at Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad for their "negative campaign" in contrast to positive agendas of NDA.
Nitish Kumar as a "mask" of the Grand Secular Alliance, BJP president Amit Shah said that it would be "Jungle Raj-2" if Kumar returned to power.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday alleged that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is in panic without leader, policy and intention in Bihar.
The age discrepancy in the affidavits of two sons of RJD President Lalu Prasad in which the younger one has been mentioned as one year older than his elder brother, is snowballing into a controversy with the BJP urging the Election Commission to probe the papers of the younger brother, Tejaswi Prasad Yadav.
A statue of Mahatma Gandhi here in Bihar's capital was damaged by some "anti-social elements", triggering a protest by locals who demanded the administration take stern action, police said on Tuesday.
Ramdev said a devil resides inside Lalu Yadav and that is making him to support eating of beef.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah and Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari will be addressing several rallies in poll bound Bihar today.
Former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad Yadav recently posted a very funny video on YouTube taking pot shots on Prime Minster Narendar Modi. But the RJD chief himself became a butt of joke on Monday.
A recent survey has indicated that the BJP-led NDA will get 147 seats in the upcoming Bihar polls.
An FIR was on Monday lodged against All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (AIMIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi by Kishanganj district administration for allegedly making inflammatory speech at an election rally here yesterday.
Latching on to the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad's controversial remarks that the 'Hindus too eat beef', senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Monday promised to frame a legislation to ban cow slaughter in the state if NDA comes to power in Bihar Assembly elections.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday accused the BJP of imitating his schemes by promising scooty to school students to counter his popular project of providing them with bicycles.
Likening Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to popular comedy show character 'Mungerilal' known for day-dreaming, BJP “chief Amit Shah on Monday alleged that he betrayed the saffron party and snapped ties with it over his "greed" for the Prime Minister's post.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav's son Tej Pratap Yadav, who filed his nomination from the Mahua assembly seat Monday, alleged that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has cheated the nation and said that the grand alliance would emerge victorious in the Bihar Assembly polls.
Upper castes, the BJP's traditional support base, have expressed their anger after the Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM) - a member of the BJP-led alliance - promised job reservations in the private sector if voted to power.
The BJP will ban cow slaughter in Bihar if it wins the assembly polls, senior party leader Sushil Kumar Modi said on Monday.
The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) on Monday announced its first list of six candidates for the Bihar Assembly polls.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Monday compared PM Modi to 'Dhritrashtra'.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released their fourth list of candidates for the upcoming Bihar Assembly elections, naming Awadhesh Kumar from Hazipur and Ram Janam Sharma from Paliganj.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Sunday asked the voters to beware of the grand secular alliance because its coming to power would mean return of the "Jungle Raj 2".
AIMIM on Sunday accused Congress of being "responsible" for the demolition of Babri Masjid and blamed its "inefficiency" for Narendra Modi's ascent to power.
Police on Sunday said they were on the lookout for Samajwadi Party's Bihar president Ramchandra Singh Yadav, accused of taking Rs.10 lakh bribe for a ticket to contest the upcoming assembly polls, and he will be arrested soon.
The authorities have seized Rs. 16.01 lakh unaccounted cash and 24,718 litre liquor during the past 24 hours in poll-bound Bihar, an official release said on Sunday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Sunday reminded the people of Bihar of the 'damage' that had been done in the state in the 25 years of reign by the duo of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav, saying the once glorious and historically rich state was now lying in tatters because of 'jungle raj'.
Criticising Lalu Prasad's remarks that the Hindus too eat beef, Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday asked Sonia Gandhi and Nitish Kumar to explain their stand.
A total of 130 candidates with serious criminal cases against them including related to murder will contest in the first phase of Bihar Assembly polls on October 12.
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- OMG! Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone spotted kissing each other!
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- ISL 2015: Kerala Blasters vs Northeast United FC - Preview
- NASA's Mars orbiter reveals stunning images of Acidalia Planitia featured in 'The Martian'
- BJP MLA Sangeet Som's controversial remarks in Dadri to be examined: DM
- Terrorism a serious threat to security, says CJ of Bangladesh