The sitting MLA and daughter-in-law of BJP veteran Kailashpati Mishra on Saturday quit the saffron party to join JD(U).
Foes-turned-allies Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad on Saturday slammed the 'dearth of leadership' in the Bharatiya Janata Party and mocked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for campaigning in Bihar as if he was the chief ministerial candidate in the upcoming elections.
BJP president Amit Shah said on Saturday Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar cannot develop Bihar and govern it carrying Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad's jungle raj on one shoulder and Congress' corruption on the other.
The election pledge by BJP allies HAM and LJP to extend job quotas to the private sector if the BJP-led alliance wins the Bihar elections has upset the state's upper castes.
Union Minister Jayant Sinha has admitted that the BJP made mistakes while picking candidates in the Bihar assembly elections.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday slammed Lalu Prasad Yadav for his recent remarks on beef, saying that the RJD supremo was raising unnecessary issues to divert people's attention from his failures in the state.
An independent candidate was shot at and seriously injured on Saturday in Bihar's Madhubani district and a time bomb was recovered near the gate of an out-of-favour BJP legislator who is contesting as independent candidate, police said.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Saturday hit out at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah by branding him a 'narbhakshi' (cannibal) again, saying that the BJP was over and there was no hope for their victory in the upcoming Bihar elections.
Condemning the remarks on beef made by Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Raghuvansh Prasad Singh, Union Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Giriraj Singh on Saturday said that the 'whole clan of RJD has gone mad.'
Campaigning for the first phase of the Bihar Assembly elections will end on Saturday and 49 constituencies will go to poll in this phase on Monday.
In what can bring in huge embarrassment for Lalu Prasad Yadav, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Raghuvansh Prasad Singh on Saturday said that in Vedas it is mentioned that 'rishis' and 'maharishis' used to consume beef.
Reservation will be extended to the private sector if LJP is voted to power in Bihar, its president Ram Vilas Paswan said on Friday while ruling out any change in the existing quota policy, even that "of a coma or full stop".
Women, who are an important half of the Bihar population, seem to trust Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA over JD(U)-RJD alliance when it comes to their safety, education and overall development, a survey predicted on Friday.
A poll survey on Friday projected a majority for the Narendra Modi-powered National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in the upcoming high-stakes Bihar Assembly Elections.
A poll survey has predicted that a majority of Hindu votes will go to the NDA whereas JD(U)-RJD alliance will be a favourable choice for Muslims and Yadavs.
An FIR was filed against Sharad Yadav for poll code violation.
PM Modi on Friday warned that RJD chief Lalu Prasad will "remote control" Bihar if the grand alliance came to power after polls.
Two school children were crushed to death by a truck in Bihar's Buxar district on Friday.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has countered Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 'Shaitan' jibe by calling a 'Pisaach'.
In his fiercest attack yet on Narendra Modi, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Friday, called the Prime Minister a 'Brham Pisaach' and vowed to push him out of Bihar.
PM Modi on Friday appealed to voters in Bihar to vote for development and reject 'Jungle Raj'.
RJD on Friday filed case with EC against PM Modi for calling Lalu Yadav 'shaitan'
A tribal woman was branded a witch and lynched in a village in Bihar's Katihar district following a panchayat directive, police said here on Friday.
Acknowledged as a master orator by followers and political adversaries alike, Narendra Modi is poised to set a record ahead of the Bihar assembly elections: addressing around 40 rallies as the star campaigner of the BJP-led NDA - the most by any recent prime minister.
Two poll surveys on Wednesday projected a majority for the 'grand coalition' of JDU-RJD-Congress in Bihar Assembly polls.
The "Grand Alliance" of the JD-U, RJD and the Congress is expected to win 137 of the 243 seats in the Bihar assembly, a survey said on Thursday.
Ahead of Bihar Assembly Elections, the war of words between political adversaries is increasing by the day.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Thursday laughed at BJP's poll promise of providing two-wheelers to 5000 meritorious school girls, and asked if the saffron party was planning to send minor girls to police station by driving two-wheelers without license.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad today dared PM Modi to prove that he had made the 'shaitan' on his tongue comment.
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Check out: Side effects of coconut water!
- Nepal looks for alternate fuel supplies as crisis deepens