Asserting that youths were the harbinger of change in the society, the BJP on Sunday sought their support in its quest to claim power in the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Bihar.
Targeting Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his ally RJD leader Lalu Prasad, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Sunday urged the people to vote for a "Nitish-Lalu mukht Bihar".
Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi and Election Commissioner Achal Kumar are likely to visit Patna next week to review the preparations for the upcoming Assembly poll elections in the state.
Three women Kanwariya pilgrims were killed and another injured when they were run over by a speeding truck here, police said today.
Crying "betrayal", Nitish Kumar-led JD(U)-RJD alliance will flag in a big way in the upcoming Bihar assembly elections the denial by the Centre of special category status to the state.
Three women Kanwariya pilgrims were killed and another injured when they were run over by a speeding truck here, police said on Sunday.
Mocking animal rights group PETA for challenging his plan to take out a procession with 1,000 horse carts ahead of the Assembly polls in Bihar, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Saturday said he will take out 50, 000 such processions.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said the immunisation rate in the state had witnessed a jump from a measly 18 percent to 78 percent since he took over the reins of the state.
The JD(U) on Saturday attacked the BJP as its government at the Centre has ruled out granting special category status to Bihar and provided only a special package instead.
In a major administrative reshuffle ahead of crucial Assembly polls in Bihar, the state government on Saturday transferred 36 IAS officers - across 28 districts, and 41 IPS officers.
The Bihar government on Saturday transferred 44 IPS officers ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls.
Bihar is the country's most flood-prone state with 73 percent of its 94,163-sq.Km area getting flooded annually, the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) said here on Saturday.
Mocking Narendra Modi over the launch of the Suvidha Express, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said earlier people had to queue up for trains, but now, they would have to queue up to get all trains to run.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad`s grand plan to take out a procession with 1,000 horse carts ahead of the Assembly polls has been challenged by an animal rights group.
The Janata Dal (United) on Saturday slammed the Narendra Modi-led NDA government for refusing special status to Bihar and said that the Prime Minister had promised the same to the people of the state to get votes during the Lok Sabha elections.
A total of 6,68,26,658 voters, which includes male, female and also third gender, would be eligible to exercise their franchise in the coming election to Bihar Assembly, according to the final voters list published by Election Commission on Friday.
A woman has filed a case of sexual assault against her IPS father-in-law and lodged complaints of domestic violence and torture for dowry against her husband and in-laws family.
Slamming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for taking sole credit for Bihar government's performance over the past decade, its former ally BJP on Friday dared him to contest the coming Assembly polls on his standalone achievements over the past 25 months.
Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi would continue to be regarded as unattached member notwithstanding Election Commission recognising his fledgling Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM), Speaker of Bihar Legislative Assembly Uday Narayan Choudhary said on Friday.
A huge cache of explosives, suspected to be belonging to Maoists, was today recovered by the Special Task Force (STF) of Bihar police from the district, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's scheduled rally here on August 9.
The government on Friday ruled out granting special category status to Bihar for increased central assistance, though there was a proposal to provide the state a special package.
A women's panchayat in a Bihar village has ordered women to punish with brooms people found consuming and selling liquor, while imposing a ban on liquor consumption, an official said on Friday.
The Patna High Court on Friday allowed four rebel JD-U legislators, who were disqualified by the Bihar assembly speaker, to attend the monsoon session next month.
The Bihar cabinet on Thursday approved a proposal to name Kishanganj Agriculture College and the proposed science city in Patna after late former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, officials said.
An additional sub-inspector of police was caught red-handed by a vigilance team today in Patna district while accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000.
The Bihar government today declared pay-scale based salary for its over 4 lakh contractual teachers and raised the retirement age of doctors working in the poll-bound state from 65 to 67 years.
Paying rich tributes to 'People's president' APJ Abdul Kalam on the occasion of his last rites, the Bihar government today named Agriculture College at Kishanganj and the proposed science city after him.
A rope supplied by a Bihar jail was used to hang 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon on Thursday, an official said.
Former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav has been given 'Y' category security, over a week after former Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi was accorded the top 'Z-plus' security cover by the Centre.
A day after the Patna High Court banned use of pictures of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar or ministers in the 'Badh Chala Bihar' campaign, BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today said his party's stance, that the JD(U) was engaged in self-publicity, stands vindicated with the judicial order.
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- DNA: Analysis on ISIS preparing to attack India
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub Memon's wife, sacked
- This is how Urdu media reported Yakub Memon's hanging
- India wants APJ Abdul Kalam on currency notes
- ISIS horror: Militants gives 4-yr-old boy sword, tells him 'this is to kill your mother'