A total of 130 candidates with serious criminal cases against them including related to murder will contest in the first phase of Bihar Assembly polls on October 12.
Days before the first phase of Bihar polls, the Election Commission has reminded political parties of the guidelines to be followed while drafting election manifestos and have also asked them to provide it with a copy of the document soon after it has been released.
Dubbing Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as a 'diamond' during his alliance with the BJP, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said the veteran JD(U) leader has now lost much of his sheen after joining hands with the Congress and the RJD to take on the BJP in the upcoming state Assembly polls.
As part of Election Commission's special drive, the authorities on Saturday seized 15,383 litres of illicit liquor and Nepali currency Rs 61,565 from different parts in poll-bound Bihar.
A 16-year-old tribal girl was allegedly gang-raped by anti-social elements at Hapla Siraniya village in Katihar district of Bihar triggering mass protest by the locals and tribals on Saturday.
:Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday described Prime Minister Narendra Modi as an expert in packaging and repackaging, and a politician who has been misleading the people of Bihar.
Two great grandsons of Bihar's first chief minister, Sri Krishna Sinha, are contesting against each other in Bihar's assembly elections.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday said that if the duo of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav win in the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls, then there will be 'Jungle Raj 2' in Bihar.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi is scheduled to hold two rallies in Bihar on Saturday, the first one being at Kahalgaon near Bhagalpur where polling is slated in the first phase on October 12.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said funds allocated to Bihar by his government were its "right".
Anant Singh, a jailed Bihar MLA, will contest the ensuing assembly polls from behind the bars.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Sambit Patra on Friday said Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has revealed his frustration by describing BJP president Amit Shah as a "man eater". He said both the RJD and the JD-U were bereft of both ideas and vision for Bihar.
Ahead of the Bihar Assembly Elections, major players in the electoral battle are raging personal attacks on their opponents. Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday launched a blistering attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his association with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- The PM lays emphasis on sanitation, says people needed to inculcate a habit of cleanliness in order to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi's dream of a clean India.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday countered the charge of "jungle raj" made by the NDA and quoted figures from the National Crime Record Bureau in a bid to demonstrate that more crime had taken place in BJP-ruled states.
The Election Commission on Friday issued a show cause notice to Sushil Modi for allegedly offering freebies to voters in Bihar and said in its opinion the BJP leader has violated the model code in force in the poll-bound state.
The Election Commission on Thursday sent a notice to Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Sharpening its attack on rival NDA, the Grand Secular Alliance on Thursday released a video clip showing the alleged backtracking of Narendra Modi government on major poll promises including bringing back of blackmoney stashed abroad and giving every citizen Rs 15-20 lakh from it.
Taking a potshot at the grand alliance of RJD, JD(U) and Congress in Bihar, BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Thursday said they were running a "three-legged race" that cannot be won even as he warned voters of "anarchy" and "jungle raj" if the rival coalition came to power.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday released the BJP's 'vision document' for the Bihar assembly elections in the presence of two union ministers and senior party leaders here.
The Janata Dal (United) today said that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal supports his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar and wants him to return to office for the third time.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday rubbished reports which said that he was not supporting any political party in Bihar and categorically stated that he was backing Nitish Kumar.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to address three public rallies in Bihar's Begusarai, Sheikhpura and Rohtas Districts.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will on Thursday release the BJP's 'vision document' for the Bihar Assembly Elections in the presence of party president Amit Shah and other union ministers, a party leader said on Wednesday.
The upcoming Bihar Assembly election this month will be the biggest electoral test for Prime Minister Narendra Modi this far, scholars from a top American think-tank have said, noting that the ramifications of its results will be felt far away from the state's borders.
With RJD supremo Lalu Prasad seizing upon RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's call for a quota review to consolidate his voters, BJP president Amit Shah on Wednesday accused him of speaking a "blatant lie" and insisted his party always supported the reservation policy and wanted no change.
Days after raising a banner of revolt, LJP President Ramvilas Paswan's son-in-law Anil Kumar Sadhu Wednesday made peace with him and withdrew the remarks he made against the Union Minister and his son Chirag Paswan in a vicious attack on them after being denied a poll ticket.
Continuing his attack on the BJP, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Wednesday said people in the poll-bound state will decide if they want a 'Bihari' or a 'Bahri' (outsider) government.
The Election Commission has banned the publication and dissemination of exit polls of any kind from October 12, the first phase of Bihar Assembly election, till November 5 when the last phase of the polling ends.
As campaign for assembly polls in Bihar gains momentum, its Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday upped the ante against Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking why he did not fulfil the promise of giving special status to the state even as he accused the Centre of "crushing" federal structure in the country.
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Watch: Bollywood Breaking @2.30pm
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Sheena Bora murder prime accused Indrani Mukerjea admitted to hospital
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Incident of man shooting self at Delhi metro station raises questions of lax security
- Was Bhagat Singh's family being snooped upon?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- 'ISIS may attack India using Pak sleeper cells, counterfeit money'
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- ISL 2015: Sachin Tendulkar to be present in Kerala Blasters' opening game
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis in Wuhan Open doubles final
- Why is 'sabka sath-sabka vikas' PM Modi silent on Dadri lynching incident: Opposition
- Know the wonders of papaya juice!
- Subhas Chandra Bose's kin push for declassification of Lal Bahadur Shastri files