Ruling out the possibility of alliance with Janata Parivar, Left parties on Sunday announced they will contest the crucial Bihar Assembly election as a "united" bloc.
The battle lines may have been drawn in Bihar, but seat sharing in the rival alliances led by BJP and JD(U) for the upcoming crucial assembly election is likely to be quite a challenge with the constituents all set to strike a hard bargain.
Jan Kranti Adhikar Morcha (JKAM) leader Pappu Yadav on Sunday said that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Yadav are the biggest enemies of Muslims and the backward classes in the state.
Apparently sensing that the outcome of legislative council polls on July 7 may set the tone for the Assembly polls in Bihar later this year, the BJP on Sunday rained sops, including hikes in various allowances to representatives of three-tier panchayati raj institutions.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Sunday announced that his party would compel the Bharatiya Janata Party-led central government to make public the caste-based Census data.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted Union Food and Consumers Affairs Minister Ramvilas Paswan who turned 69 on Sunday.
A day after an undertrial prisoner was killed in Beur Central Jail in Bihar, police recovered from inmates five iron rods, six knives, a mobile phone, SIM cards, gold jewellery, and cash, officials said.
Looking to be a part of the action in the run up to Bihar Assembly polls later this year, Swaraj Abhiyan, the group founded by expelled AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan, has said it will campaign against the "corrupt and candidates with criminal background".
Indian-Americans have raised USD 75,000 at a recent fund raiser in California to build a state- of-the-art 200-bed super speciality eye-hospital in Bihar.
A court in Bihar on Saturday directed the authorities to file an FIR against actor Sunny Deol, director Chandra Prakash Dwivedi and writer Kasinath Singh, saying their movie "Mohalla Assi" hurt religious sentiments of people.
In a major catch, a suspected veteran Maoist, who is accused in several cases of violence and absconding since 1992, was arrested from Patna rural district area today.
Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD president Lalu Prasad of trying to divide the society by "indulging in caste politics" and asked NDA supporters to rise above it.
Ahead of the Bihar assembly polls, BJP ally RLSP was on Saturday not invited to a meeting of the NDA in Patna, an RLSP spokesperson said.
The BJP on Saturday attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for talking about vision 2025 for development of Bihar, but "allying with retrograde forces of 1990s".
A local court on Saturday admitted a defamation complaint against Bihar Health Minister Ramdhani Singh filed by the wife of senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi for allegedly saying that she was working as a professor on the basis of fake degrees.
A man who was arrested on Saturday for stabbing former Bihar minister Ejaz-ul-Haq, here, alleged that the latter had been forcing him to indulge in sex and he attacked him to take vengeance, police said.
An undertrial prisoner was beaten to death on Saturday in a clash between two groups of inmates in a jail here, prompting authorities to suspend two jail wardens.
An armed man attacked and seriously injured Ejaz-ul-Haq, former Bihar minister who is also the brother-in-law of jailed gangster-politician Mohammad Shahabuddin at his residence in the state capital, the police said on Saturday.
Annoyed over the dragging of a land acquisition case in Bihar for over a decade, the Supreme Court on Friday blamed the state government for taking it for a ride and said the Chief Minister should be given the best advise.
Describing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's poll campaign theme 'Har Ghar Dastak' as a gimmick, the BJP on Friday questioned the JD-U's source of funds for the election campaign and claimed that the state government was intimidating corporates for the purpose.
An elderly couple was killed by neighbours suspicion of practising witchcraft in a village in Bihar on Friday, police said.
An elderly couple was shot dead allegedly by distant relatives in a village under Bousi police station in Banka district, a police officer said on Friday.
Banking on catchy tunes and exuberant lyrics, JD(U) on Thursday released its campaign song 'Bihar mein bahaar ho, Nitishe Kumar ho' (Let there be prosperity in Bihar, let there be only Nitish Kumar) for the forthcoming Assembly elections in the state.
CPI on Thursday criticised the recent ban imposed by the BJP governments in Maharashtra and Haryana on beef saying "they have no business to enter into kitchen."
The BJP on Thursday flayed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for laying emphasis on improving health services and tourism two months away from Assembly election when these two sectors were neglected during his stewardship.
A murder accused, hailing from Bihar and running a dhaba in Karol Bagh area here with a fake identity, has been arrested by Delhi Police's crime branch.
CBI and Vigilance Office of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) on Thursday carried out a surprise check at Barh Super Thermal Power Station in Barh area of Patna district following allegation of corruption in awarding contracts and extortion racket being run by locals in "connivance with influential people".
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today began JD(U) campaign for upcoming Assembly elections through a programme called "Har Ghar Dastak" to seek feedback about the work done by the state government in the past.
Altogether 1,400 primary teachers have resigned from service in Bihar fearing government action over possession of fake educational degrees, a senior officer of the Education department said on Thursday.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Aapke Sitare, July 4: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Top 10 news @7am
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Vijender Singh
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Is `paleo-vegan hybrid` diet the answer to all our dietary issues?
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown