Attacking Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over the bribery video sting, BJP chief Amit Shah on Tuesday dared him to make public the names of five other ministers who were allegedly involved in the scandal besides Awadhesh Kushwaha, and said graft and 'jungle raj' were now common in the state.
An FIR was on Tuesday lodged in Bihar's Lakhisarai district against Union Minister Giriraj Singh for electoral malpractice after he was caught on camera allegedly seeking votes for a BJP candidate during the first phase of Assembly polls on Monday.
Bihar CM on Tuesday hit out at PM Modi for his "no shame" barb in the wake of a sting video of a state minister.
Having been locked in a bloody conflict in the 1990s, which saw a string of massacres in Bihar's Jehanabad district, the landed forward castes and deprived dalits appear to be sailing on the same boat in the state Assembly polls.
Crediting Prime Minister Narendra Modi for upsurge in voters' turnout in Bihar Assembly polls, the BJP national spokesperson MJ Akbar on Tuesday expressed confidence that the NDA will romp home to power and usher in 'Kamal kranti' (Lotus revolution) in the state over next five years.
Bollywood actor Ajay Devgan was due to address a poll rally here.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said the fear of imminent defeat in Bihar has forced Prime Minister Narendra Modi to muster courage and talk of corruption as he had chosen to remain silent on the Lalit Gate and Vyapam scam.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Tuesday highlighted the development in the states ruled by his party and said that the NDA would form the next government in Bihar with a two-third majority.
Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Tuesday said that he expected an NDA "storm" rather than a "wave" in the Bihar polls.
Trouble mounted for Awadhesh Prasad Kushwaha, a former minister in the Nitish Kumar cabinet, with the police registering an FIR against him in connection with a sting video that purportedly showed him accepting bribe.
The Bihar elections have drawn thousands of migrants to visit the state from far and wide to exercise their franchise this time, a trend perhaps not been visible with such an enthusiam earlier.
Poll authorities in Bihar have sought details over allegations that Union Minister Giriraj Singh compromised voters' secrecy after a photo went viral showing him casting his vote at a polling booth.
An estimated 57% of the electorate cast their votes in the first phase of Bihar Assembly election in 49 constituencies.
Millions voted on Monday in the first round of staggered assembly polls in Bihar.
RJD President Lalu Prasad on Monday hit back at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his "no shame" comment against grand secular alliance leaders in the wake of a sting video of a JD-U minister allegedly accepting bribe and asked would he(PM) resign if BJP failed to win Bihar polls.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Monday took a jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's aggressive campaigning for the Bihar Assembly polls and asked whether he would step down after the BJP's defeat in the state.
Mulayam Singh Yadav on Monday made a comment which may make the Grand Alliance very uncomfortable.
Congress leader Sandeep Dikshit on Monday dubbed former Bihar urban development and housing minister Awadhesh Kushwaha's sting operation hours before the polls as politically motivated and said it reveals the frustration and fear in BJP's mind.
'Democracy is meant to be used to ensure someone's fall but is meant to ensure that the aspirations of people are fulfilled'
In a big embarrassment for the Nitish Kumar government a day before the first phase of Bihar polls, a sting video surfaced on Sunday showing senior minister Awadhesh Prasad Kushwaha purportedly accepting bribe after which he resigned.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav on Monday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mohan Bhagwat over the ongoing reservation row, hinting that they were the ones who used to abuse former chief minister Karpoori Thakur.
A hardcore Maoist was on Monday arrested during a joint operation in Mathurapur village here.
Over 33.13% polling was recorded till noon as voting in 49 Assembly seats of Bihar in the first phase picked up on Monday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday said that the resignation of Bihar Urban Development and Housing Minister Awadhesh Kushwaha over graft charges exposes Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's tall claims about fighting corruption.
Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Giriraj Singh, who cast his vote during the first phase of polling in Bihar on Monday, called for a legislation to make voting compulsory.
Polling was temporarily halted at the Ramchandrapur booth number 86 in Sarairanjan constituency due to EVM malfunction during the first phase of the Bihar Assembly Elections here on Monday.
Following the dramatic resignation of Bihar cabinet minister Awadhesh Kushwaha over graft charges, the Election Commission on Monday ordered the District Magistrate to probe into the alleged sting tape, which showed the minister accepting bribe.
Former cabinet minister Awadhesh Kushwaha, who resigned after he was caught on video taking money from a businessman, alleged that it was a 'conspiracy' against him.
As voting started in Bihar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday urged voters to exercise their franchise in large numbers.
Long queues formed outside polling centres on Monday as balloting took place in the first phase of Bihar's staggered Assembly Election in 49 constituencies, including some which are Maoist-affected.
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Shiv Sena can break alliance with BJP after Kasuri issue
- Pakistan at unrest following Zee News revelations on Balochistan and PoK
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Panel discussion on Shiv Sena's protest against Kasuri's book launch
- Top news headlines @ 8pm
- Watch: Pooja Mishra caught on CCTV creating ruckus in store in Delhi
- Dengue breaks 19 year record in Delhi, 10,683 patients admitted
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni: Aaditya Thackeray's reply to Rajdeep Sardesai’s open letter
- Despite paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launched; Shiv Sena faces flak
- 'Ghar Wapsi': 300 converted to Hinduism in Varanasi
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s little one – AbRam – drives a car!
- Bobby Darling to marry businessman Ramneek Sharma?
- VIDEO: The Great Khali's funny ad will leave you gasping for breath