Actor-turned-BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today denied that their recent meetings were in context of the former's wife entering into the fray in the Assembly poll on a JD(U) ticket.
Eight rebel JD(U) MLAs, who were permitted by the courts to attend the Assembly proceedings pending hearing of their plea against termination of membership, were on Monday seen sitting together.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday attacked Narendra Modi government for ruling out special category status to the state despite promising it during parliamentary poll campaign.
Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Monday said she will not contest the upcoming state assembly elections.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said he will not contest the upcoming state assembly elections.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader and actor Shatrughan Sinha's supporters are reportedly lobbying for JD(U) ticket for his wife Poonam ahead of the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
Both Houses of Bihar Legislature Monday paid rich tributes to late former president A P J Abdul Kalam on the opening day of the Monsoon Session here.
Bihar Police on Monday said it will move the Patna High Court to cancel Lok Sabha member Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav`s bail for repeatedly violating the rules and creating law and order problems.
Asserting that youths were the harbinger of change in the society, the BJP on Sunday sought their support in its quest to claim power in the forthcoming Assembly Elections in Bihar.
Targeting Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his ally RJD leader Lalu Prasad, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Sunday urged the people to vote for a "Nitish-Lalu mukht Bihar".
Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi and Election Commissioner Achal Kumar are likely to visit Patna next week to review the preparations for the upcoming Assembly poll elections in the state.
Three women Kanwariya pilgrims were killed and another injured when they were run over by a speeding truck here, police said today.
Crying "betrayal", Nitish Kumar-led JD(U)-RJD alliance will flag in a big way in the upcoming Bihar assembly elections the denial by the Centre of special category status to the state.
Three women Kanwariya pilgrims were killed and another injured when they were run over by a speeding truck here, police said on Sunday.
Mocking animal rights group PETA for challenging his plan to take out a procession with 1,000 horse carts ahead of the Assembly polls in Bihar, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Saturday said he will take out 50, 000 such processions.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said the immunisation rate in the state had witnessed a jump from a measly 18 percent to 78 percent since he took over the reins of the state.
The JD(U) on Saturday attacked the BJP as its government at the Centre has ruled out granting special category status to Bihar and provided only a special package instead.
In a major administrative reshuffle ahead of crucial Assembly polls in Bihar, the state government on Saturday transferred 36 IAS officers - across 28 districts, and 41 IPS officers.
The Bihar government on Saturday transferred 44 IPS officers ahead of the upcoming Assembly polls.
Bihar is the country's most flood-prone state with 73 percent of its 94,163-sq.Km area getting flooded annually, the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) said here on Saturday.
Mocking Narendra Modi over the launch of the Suvidha Express, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said earlier people had to queue up for trains, but now, they would have to queue up to get all trains to run.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad`s grand plan to take out a procession with 1,000 horse carts ahead of the Assembly polls has been challenged by an animal rights group.
The Janata Dal (United) on Saturday slammed the Narendra Modi-led NDA government for refusing special status to Bihar and said that the Prime Minister had promised the same to the people of the state to get votes during the Lok Sabha elections.
A total of 6,68,26,658 voters, which includes male, female and also third gender, would be eligible to exercise their franchise in the coming election to Bihar Assembly, according to the final voters list published by Election Commission on Friday.
A woman has filed a case of sexual assault against her IPS father-in-law and lodged complaints of domestic violence and torture for dowry against her husband and in-laws family.
Slamming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for taking sole credit for Bihar government's performance over the past decade, its former ally BJP on Friday dared him to contest the coming Assembly polls on his standalone achievements over the past 25 months.
Former Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi would continue to be regarded as unattached member notwithstanding Election Commission recognising his fledgling Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM), Speaker of Bihar Legislative Assembly Uday Narayan Choudhary said on Friday.
A huge cache of explosives, suspected to be belonging to Maoists, was today recovered by the Special Task Force (STF) of Bihar police from the district, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's scheduled rally here on August 9.
The government on Friday ruled out granting special category status to Bihar for increased central assistance, though there was a proposal to provide the state a special package.
A women's panchayat in a Bihar village has ordered women to punish with brooms people found consuming and selling liquor, while imposing a ban on liquor consumption, an official said on Friday.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- BJP questions AAP's ad campaign expenditure
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- All India Badtameez: Looking for a fair bride?
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Karnataka teachers freed by ISIS are safe, to return soon
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Osama bin Laden's stepmother, sister killed in UK plane crash
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday