Eight smugglers have been arrested with a large quantity of liquor from GT road, under Town police station, in Bihar's Aurangabad district, the police said today.
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju has invited criticism from Bihar politicians, including Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, for his `humiliating` comment on Bihar on the social media.
A 16-year-old medical aspirant from Bihar allegedly committed suicide here, police said today.
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju's Facebook post irked a number of people from Bihar.
The Supreme Court on Monday mocked the avowed seriousness of the Bihar government in pursuing its petition challenging a Patna High Court order granting bail to RJD strongman and former party MLA Mohammad Shahabuddin, asking if it was so serious then why did it not challenge the order in the first instance.
The Supreme Court on Monday posted the hearing on a bunch of pleas challenging the bail given to RJD strongman Mohd Shahabuddin on September 28 after his lawyer sought more time to defend his client.
The party's State Returning Officer Janardan Prasad Singh declared Singh elected unopposed as the state unit president and gave away certificate to him at the party's state headquarters.
In fresh trouble for RJD leader Mohd Shahabuddin, the mother of three youths, who were brutally killed by henchmen of the controversial politician, has moved the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of bail granted to him in the case in which he has already been sentenced to life.
Amar Singh has described Samajwadi Party general secretary Mulayam Singh Yadav as `Sher of Uttar Pradesh`.
Four hundred bottles of liquor were today seized from a field at Navtolia village in Bihar's Munger district.
The scribe, working with a vernacular daily, was shot dead on the evening of May 13 in Siwan town by some sharp- shooters allegedly at the instance of Sahabuddin.
Additional District and Sessions Judge of Siwan Ajay Kumar Srivastava, who had awarded life imprisonment to controversial RJD leader Mohammad Shahabuddin in a murder case, has been transferred to Patna.
The Examination Board of Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University (TMBU) in Bihar today recommended cancellation of the law degree of former Delhi Law Minister and AAP MLA Jitender Singh Tomar, who was arrested on charge that his degree was fake.
Mohammad Kaif's photograph with RJD supremo Lalu Prasad's son and state Health minister Tej Pratap Yadav last week had triggered a controversy.
Nearly 150 Sikh luminaries from all walks of life from India and abroad are likely to participate in the first three-day international Sikh conclave in Patna, beginning on September 22.
'Shooter' Mohammad Kaif, a suspect in the murder of journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder, surrendered before the Siwan court on Wednesday, in an extortion case.
The Nitish Kumar Cabinet on Tuesday announced to enhance ex-gratia amount to Rs 11 lakh each which will be paid to kin of three soldiers, hailing from Bihar and killed in a terror attack on an army base in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.
The Bihar government on Tuesday made a strong presentation before a committee constituted by Union Water Resources ministry to show how siltation in Ganga river due to Farakka dam led to rise in water level of the river at several points resulting in flood.
The deadly terror attack in Uri which claimed the life of 18 Army soldiers threw the entire in shock on a Sunday morning, but no one was more crushed and broken that Naik SK Vidyarthi`s father who is still mourning the loss of his son.
The accident took place near Basakha Chowk in Benapatti area, about 250 km from Patna.
A 50-seater bus fell into a deep pond in Bihar`s Madhubani district on Monday, officials said.
The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to criminal-turned-politician Mohammad Shahabuddin on a plea challenging grant of bail to him in a murder case.
The headless bodies of three men and a woman were found on Monday in Bihar's Begusarai district, police said.
Hundreds of people gathered at the scene after news spread of the incident.
Two petitions, including one by the Bihar government, has been filed against the bail to Sahabuddin.
At least six Maoist were suspected to be injured in a clash with police in Hardiya Padariya jungles under Anandpur police outpost of Bihar's Banka district on Sunday, a senior police officer said.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday conducted an aerial survey to take stock of the scale of erosion caused by floods in Gopalganj district.
Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP) chief and Union minister Upendra Kushwaha today named Bhudeo Choudhary as the party's Bihar unit president during its state council meeting here.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav on Sunday endorsed his father and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad's support to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as the prime ministerial candidate of the opposition in the 2019 general election.
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C35 with eight satellites
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Soon, BSNL to offer lifetime free voice plan for all networks
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH