Diwakar Prasad, an accused in Bihar topper scam, was found dead on Thursday.
In a stepped-up campaign in favour of prohibition, the Patna Police nabbed 14 persons including a big liquor suppliers last night, a police statement said on Thursday.
Alcohol, spiced, domestic liquor as well as IMFL have been completely banned in Bihar since April 5, 2016.
Pinning hopes on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's demonetisation move, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday termed it as a drastic step.
Lalu Prasad had tweeted his pictures with Yoga guru Ramdev yesterday.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Friday heaped praise on Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav.
The Supreme Court on Thursday deferred its hearing till December 6 on the plea seeking shifting RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan jail in Bihar to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
Both the new appointees are Members of Parliament.
Over 82 per cent victims of domestic violence in Bihar remain dissatisfied with redress services provided by relevant institutions such as helplines, police stations, NGOs in the state, a study has found.
The Bihar government on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that it is not "averse" to shifting of Shahabuddin from Siwan jail to Tihar prison.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in either of the House.
Lalu Prasad's RJD members demanded the Prime Minister to fulfill his "poll promise of providing Rs 15 lakh each in the bank accounts of people by bringing black money from outside."
With the political pot on the boil in Bihar since Chief Minister Nitish Kumar supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies, BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked him to review ties with RJD and Congress and said his party would consider any proposal of realignment from JD(U).
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear the plea regarding shifting RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan jail in Bihar to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan today said he will welcome Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar into the NDA and claimed that the JD(U) chief was apprehensive that his ally Lalu Prasad of the RJD would weaken his party.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday hear a plea for transferring Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan district jail to Tihar Central Jail and his trial in Delhi, the apex court said on Monday.
The police is already on the job to probe the illegal liquor trade network from a far away place like Haryana, said Nitish.
Nalanda University is located in the Buddhist pilgrim town of Rajgir in Nalanda district.
Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey on Thursday advised actor-turned MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the Congress.
The Supreme Court on Thursday cancelled the bail of Rashtriya Janata Dal MLA Rajballav Yadav accused of raping a minor girl.
Suspended RJD MLA Raj Ballabh Yadav had allegedly raped a minor girl at his residence in Biharsharif on February 6 this year.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today made a scathing attack at the Nitish Kumar government for failing to make available 200-acre of land for setting up a second AIIMS in Bihar despite repeated pleas made by the Centre in the past two years.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its order on the Bihar government's plea seeking cancellation of bail granted to RJD legislator Rajballav Prasad Yadav, who is to stand trial for raping a minor in February this year.
The Supreme Court today pulled up former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra for allegedly dragging and delaying the appeal filed by CBI challenging the quashing of four pending fodder scam cases against him.
A Bihar court on Tuesday framed charges against Rocky Yadav, son of Janata Dal-United MLC Manorama Devi and three others accused of killing a class 12 student Aditya Sachdeva in Gaya in May this year.
A week after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar interacted with prominent persons to know their views on total prohibition, on Tuesday he held an all-party meet here on the recently enforced stringent Bihar Excise & Prohibition Act, 2016, officials said.
Opposition BJP on Monday took potshots at the Nitish Kumar government's annual report card, stating that with no major achievements to show the declaration was first postponed under the "excuse" of train mishap and then put it out "silently" on the next day.
A combined Opposition on Monday disrupted the proceedings of Lok Sabha for the fourth consecutive day demanding discussion on demonetisation under a rule that entails voting.
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- DNA: Analyzing the decision-making process of Time's 'Person of the Year'
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- DNA: What is the need of electoral reform in India ?
- 7-storey under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Maharashtra: This village goes completely cashless
- DNA: Today in History, December 8, 2016
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers
- Parliament: Opposition agrees to debate demonetisation without division of votes
- India vs England, 4th Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Actress Gautami troubled by unanswered questions on Jayalalithaa's death, seeks PM Narendra Modi's help
- Zaheer Khan describes Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech wedding in unusual style
- Airtel free unlimited local/STD calls, 4G data at Rs 145: Terms and conditions you must know
- When David Warner almost broke Sachin Tendulkar's record!
- Cash crunch: More pain ahead! Banks to remain closed for 3 consecutive days
- United States formally designates India as ''Major Defence Partner''
- Men's health: Five things you can do to prevent cancer