Pinning hopes on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's demonetisation move, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday termed it as a drastic step.
Lalu Prasad had tweeted his pictures with Yoga guru Ramdev yesterday.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Friday heaped praise on Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav.
The Supreme Court on Thursday deferred its hearing till December 6 on the plea seeking shifting RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan jail in Bihar to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
Both the new appointees are Members of Parliament.
Over 82 per cent victims of domestic violence in Bihar remain dissatisfied with redress services provided by relevant institutions such as helplines, police stations, NGOs in the state, a study has found.
The Bihar government on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that it is not "averse" to shifting of Shahabuddin from Siwan jail to Tihar prison.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not present in either of the House.
Lalu Prasad's RJD members demanded the Prime Minister to fulfill his "poll promise of providing Rs 15 lakh each in the bank accounts of people by bringing black money from outside."
With the political pot on the boil in Bihar since Chief Minister Nitish Kumar supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies, BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked him to review ties with RJD and Congress and said his party would consider any proposal of realignment from JD(U).
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has supported the Centre's demonetisation move despite protests by allies.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear the plea regarding shifting RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan jail in Bihar to Tihar Central Jail in the national capital.
LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan today said he will welcome Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar into the NDA and claimed that the JD(U) chief was apprehensive that his ally Lalu Prasad of the RJD would weaken his party.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday hear a plea for transferring Mohammad Shahabuddin from Siwan district jail to Tihar Central Jail and his trial in Delhi, the apex court said on Monday.
The police is already on the job to probe the illegal liquor trade network from a far away place like Haryana, said Nitish.
Nalanda University is located in the Buddhist pilgrim town of Rajgir in Nalanda district.
Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey on Thursday advised actor-turned MP Shatrughan Sinha to join the Congress.
The Supreme Court on Thursday cancelled the bail of Rashtriya Janata Dal MLA Rajballav Yadav accused of raping a minor girl.
Suspended RJD MLA Raj Ballabh Yadav had allegedly raped a minor girl at his residence in Biharsharif on February 6 this year.
Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi today made a scathing attack at the Nitish Kumar government for failing to make available 200-acre of land for setting up a second AIIMS in Bihar despite repeated pleas made by the Centre in the past two years.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its order on the Bihar government's plea seeking cancellation of bail granted to RJD legislator Rajballav Prasad Yadav, who is to stand trial for raping a minor in February this year.
The Supreme Court today pulled up former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra for allegedly dragging and delaying the appeal filed by CBI challenging the quashing of four pending fodder scam cases against him.
A Bihar court on Tuesday framed charges against Rocky Yadav, son of Janata Dal-United MLC Manorama Devi and three others accused of killing a class 12 student Aditya Sachdeva in Gaya in May this year.
A week after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar interacted with prominent persons to know their views on total prohibition, on Tuesday he held an all-party meet here on the recently enforced stringent Bihar Excise & Prohibition Act, 2016, officials said.
Opposition BJP on Monday took potshots at the Nitish Kumar government's annual report card, stating that with no major achievements to show the declaration was first postponed under the "excuse" of train mishap and then put it out "silently" on the next day.
A combined Opposition on Monday disrupted the proceedings of Lok Sabha for the fourth consecutive day demanding discussion on demonetisation under a rule that entails voting.
Nitish Kumar described the derailment of the train in Kanpur rural area as sad and expressed deep grief over the tragedy.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday expressed deep sorrow over the derailment of 14 coaches of Indore-Patna Express near Pukhrayan in Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur Dehat district in which 90 passengers have been killed.
A day ahead of the Bihar government`s release of a report card on its performance in Bihar in 11 years, the opposition NDA led by the BJP released its own report card on the former`s "failures" in the last one year.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh