Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav's daughter Misa Bharti on Monday asserted that it was Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat's statement on reservation that made the Mahagathbandhan's campaign easier in Bihar.
The meeting comes after he publicly criticised his party shortcomings which led to his party's defeat in Bihar.
Firing fresh salvos at dissident leader Shatrughan Sinha, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday slammed the actor-politician and said that he does not have any role in the party's defeat in the Bihar Assembly polls.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said the people of Bihar have "taught a lesson" to BJP for its divisive politics and have shown the country secular and socialist path.
The News International said that the poll result "is a timely reminder for BJP that fuelling politics of hate is not a strategy that will work in the long term".
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Monday said that the people's massive mandate to Mahagathbandhan in Bihar is a big slap on the face of Modi govt.
Accepting its crushing defeat in the Bihar Assembly polls, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday swore to bounce back in Bihar while asserting that their defeat was mainly due to 'arithmetic' flaws.
Following the mahagthbandhan's victory in the Bihar Assembly Elections on Sunday, a Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supporter, who was celebrating the win, was beaten to death in Navada village near Arrah, Bihar by unknown men.
Lalu's return to the political forefront signifies the hold he exercises over public consciousness in Bihar.
The son of the man, who was lynched in Dadri in Uttar Pradesh over rumours of eating and storing beef, says the defeat of the BJP in the bitterly fought Bihar Assembly Elections is a tribute to his father.
Shiv Sena on Monday took a dig at its ally BJP and said that money power cannot help win every elections.
A day after losing to the Grand Alliance, the Bharatiya Janata Party's Parliamentary Board will meet on Monday to analyse the poll results in Bihar.
Around 9.5 lakh voters in Bihar chose not to vote for any candidate in Bihar Assembly elections.
Stung by its resounding defeat, BJP's Parliamentary Board, the party's highest decision-making body, will meet here on Monday to introspect even as it said that the results will be analysed and corrective measures taken.
The scale of victory of the Grand Alliance in Bihar Assembly Elections left the BJP-led NDA scrambling for cover on Sunday.
A 7.8 per cent more votes for the JD(U)-RJD-Congress alliance over BJP-led NDA's tally fetched it another 120 seats catapulting the Nitish Kumar-led coalition to a landslide two-third majority, according to an analysis of Bihar poll results.
The Bihar poll mandate is an endorsement of the state’s incumbent Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s performance, even as it marks RJD chief Lalu Prasad’s return to the political mainstream. RJD has surged past alliance partner JD-U in terms of vote share, but observers point out that Lalu may have reaped the benefits of being a part of the combine led by Nitish.
Shourie, a minister in the Vajpayee government, who is no longer with the party, accused Shah and Jaitley of "fomenting" a coalition against Modi by forcing the other opposition parties, which commanding over 69 per cent of vote, to get into an alliance.
After BJP's stinging defeat in Bihar Assembly polls, party chief Amit Shah's controversial "firecrackers in Pakistan" comment was recalled on Sunday and became a subject of derision and humour in political circles and social media.
To say that the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance was routed in Bihar on Sunday is an understatement.
The Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, NCP and the AIMIM, which contested the Bihar assembly polls, have failed to make an impact with their voteshares getting restricted to 2 per cent or below.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackery and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray on Sunday congratulated Bihar Chief Minister over phone for his echoing victory in the Bihar Assembly elections.
In a verdict that is bound to have a national impact, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD leader Lalu Prasad on Sunday trounced the BJP to win the bitterly fought Bihar assembly polls.
BSP on Sunday termed Bihar election results as "historic".
The JDU-RJD-Congress alliance is set for massive victory in the 243-seat Bihar Assembly polls, trouncing the BJP-led grouping.
Alliance route has struck gold for Congress in Bihar by piggy riding Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad.
For many politicians in Bihar, results of the state assembly polls brought quite saddening news with their beloved sons, sons-in-law or nephews having to taste defeat -- though there were exceptions as well.
As verdict of people in Bihar gave it a thumping victory, the Nitish Kumar-led Grand Alliance also emerged on the top.
Trinamool Congress on Sunday said the bond between parties like JD(U), TMC and AAP will be more strengthened.
Nitish Kumar's experiment to ally with the Rashtriya Janata Dal led by former chief minister Lalu Prasad, and the Congress, was termed opportunistic by his arch rival BJP.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- PM Modi vows for stronger defence cooperation with Malaysia
- ISIS recruiting youth in West Bengal over internet: Reports
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- DNA: Kejriwal-Lalu hug sparks off fresh political row
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Bigg Boss: What does Aman Verma feel after elimination?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- India vs SA, 3rd Test: Dry turner expected at Nagpur
- Do sex addicts really like watching porn?
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot with American boyfriend in Jan 2016?
- What's so special about Torana Gate inaugurated by PM Modi in Kuala Lumpur's 'Little India'?