Locked in a keen contest with the grand alliance of JDU, RJD and Congress in Bihar, NDA is eyeing at the division in Muslim-Yadav combination besides banking on the development plank of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his "appeal" among the youth.
In an effort to boost the state's power sector, Bihar cabinet on Sunday approved 16 schemes aimed at ensuring electricity supply in rural areas, renovation and expansion of thermal power stations and better control of power grids.
Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Saturday said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar joining hands with his Delhi counterpart Arvind Kejriwal will not have any effect on the upcoming assembly elections in the state.
BJP leader and union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said here on Saturday that the alliance of JD-U, RJD and Congress would not be voted to power in the upcoming Bihar assembly polls.
The Bihar unit of Samajwadi Party, which had protested over denial of seats in the grand alliance for Bihar Assembly polls, on Saturday claimed to have fruitful talks with the alliance partners RJD president Lalu Prasad and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over seat sharing.
Maoists have threatened to eliminate four police officers including Gaya district senior superintendent of police Manu Maharaj to avenge the killing of a woman Maoist commander in a shootout, police said on Friday.
Taking a jibe at Lalu Prasad Yadav for mocking BJP chief Amit Shah, Jan Kranti Adhikar Morcha (JKAM) chief Pappu Yadav on Friday said that the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief had demeaned Bihar`s politics and added that the people were now living at god`s mercy.
RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav appears to be at his witty best these days.
The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) fears that there may be a conspiracy behind the malfunctioning of a lift in Bihar state guest house in which party president Amit Shah got stuck for around 30 minutes.
Patna: The BJP must contest only 102 of the 243 seats in the Bihar assembly and leave the rest to its three allies, the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party (RLSP) said on Friday.
One of India's most powerful men, BJP president Amit Shah, was literally helpless for about 30 minutes on Thursday night.
Another JD-U legislator in Bihar left his party on Thursday and joined the RLSP, an ally of the BJP.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday alleged that the Centre did not return the courtesy extended by him to Prime Minister Narendra Modi when he visited the state.
Terming Prime Minister Narendra Modi as an "auction PM" and not "action PM" over the way he announced the Rs 1.25 lakh crore special package for Bihar, the Congress on Thursday said people will not tolerate such mockery of their self-respect.
BJP on Thursday attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for doing "politics of package" for the past two years and also slammed him for not conveying his appreciation in light of the special package announced for the state by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Lashing out at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for supporting his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, Swaraj Abhiyan on Thursday said offering support to the JD(U)-RJD alliance is a "gross betrayal" of the sentiments of the anti-graft Jan Lokpal movement.
BJP president Amit Shah on Thursday warned that Bihar's development will be affected if people "failed to take the right decision" in the coming Assembly elections.
Rejecting criticism that the massive Rs 1.25 lakh crore Bihar package is a rehash of existing schemes, the Centre Thursday said it involves major additional outlays beyond the normal flow of central funds in which every scheme is a new work.
Hitting back at Arvind Kejriwal and Nitish Kumar for their combined attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Centre Thursday questioned Delhi Chief Minister's commitment to fighting corruption and dismissed as a "political ploy" Bihar Chief Minister's insistence on special category status.
A top Bihar official on Thursday received a threat letter in the name of militant group ISIS which among other demands sought immediate clearance of waiting list of housing scheme and job in Accounts section, leading it to being dealt as the handiwork of some local persons, even as the official's security was enhanced.
Communications and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Thursday said he was "deeply pained and distressed" that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar did not thank the centre for the special package announced for the state.
Taking a dig at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over his remarks about the Rs.1.25 lakh crore Bihar package announced by the prime minister, the BJP on Wednesday said "thank you and welcome" seem to have gone missing from his dictionary.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Lalu Prasad Yadav, popular for his hilarious comments, on Wednesday mimicked Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
RJD chief Lalu Parasad Yadav mimicked Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a rally on Wednesday.
Union Minister and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday hailed the special package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Bihar, saying that it has 'silenced' their rivals.
The BJP in Bihar on Wednesday received a shot in the arm, in view of the upcoming Assembly elections, as four rebel JD(U) MLAs, who along with other legislators had led the charge against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, joined the party along with their supporters here.
With the battle for upcoming Bihar Assembly Elections heating up, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Wednesday that the decision by the BJP to filed Prime Minister Narendra Modi as their chief campaigner showed their desperation.
Three persons were arrested for their alleged involved in the murder of BJP leader Avinash Kumar early this month, police said Wednesday.
In signs of growing proximity between Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, the state government has named a college after the father of the BJP MP.
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Top 25 news @12pm
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30 pm
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Dawood Ibrahim’s latest business interest is `blood diamonds`
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Indrani Mukerjea is my daughter, not step daughter: Upendra Kumar Bora
- Vinod Kambli locks maid in room for three days for asking wages, FIR registered
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours
- Akshay Kumar's 'Brothers' racing fast towards 100 crore club!