Incarcerated JD(U) MLA Anant Singh was today remanded in judicial custody till July 20 by a local court in a case lodged against him under the Arms Act last month.
Former Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has made the state legislative council elections a `prestige issue`, and added that he hoped the latter would not turn back on its words after the results were out.
An anonymous person has threatened to attack the Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya, a top district official said on Tuesday.
The Centre's decision to withhold caste-based census data has created a political row in poll-bound Bihar with Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Yadav demanding its immediate publication.
The ruling JD(U) and opposition BJP on Tuesday accused each other of making the polls to 24 Legislative Council seats a "prestige issue" and claimed that the results would show the real situation on the ground.
Forty-four percent voters turned out during the first four hours of the ongoing polls to 24 Legislative Council seats in Bihar, billed as a virtual semi-final ahead of the crucial Assembly polls later this year.
The Election Commission (EC) on Monday said polls to the 24 seats of Bihar Legislative Council will be held on Tuesday as scheduled in the light of the Supreme Court refusing to stay the polls and accepting EC's suggestion that tenure of the elected members be decided by draw of lots.
A minor was allegedly gangraped by four men while another raped by a teenager in separate incidents in this district on Monday.
A 30-year-old man was killed and six of his family were injured when two auto-rickshaws collided with each other near New Barauni Railway station on Monday.
Jan Kranti Adhikar Morcha (JKAM) leader Pappu Yadav on Sunday said that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Yadav have toxic relations with the Muslims and Dalits of the state.
Ruling out the possibility of alliance with Janata Parivar, Left parties on Sunday announced they will contest the crucial Bihar Assembly election as a "united" bloc.
The battle lines may have been drawn in Bihar, but seat sharing in the rival alliances led by BJP and JD(U) for the upcoming crucial assembly election is likely to be quite a challenge with the constituents all set to strike a hard bargain.
Jan Kranti Adhikar Morcha (JKAM) leader Pappu Yadav on Sunday said that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Yadav are the biggest enemies of Muslims and the backward classes in the state.
Apparently sensing that the outcome of legislative council polls on July 7 may set the tone for the Assembly polls in Bihar later this year, the BJP on Sunday rained sops, including hikes in various allowances to representatives of three-tier panchayati raj institutions.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Sunday announced that his party would compel the Bharatiya Janata Party-led central government to make public the caste-based Census data.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted Union Food and Consumers Affairs Minister Ramvilas Paswan who turned 69 on Sunday.
A day after an undertrial prisoner was killed in Beur Central Jail in Bihar, police recovered from inmates five iron rods, six knives, a mobile phone, SIM cards, gold jewellery, and cash, officials said.
Looking to be a part of the action in the run up to Bihar Assembly polls later this year, Swaraj Abhiyan, the group founded by expelled AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan, has said it will campaign against the "corrupt and candidates with criminal background".
Indian-Americans have raised USD 75,000 at a recent fund raiser in California to build a state- of-the-art 200-bed super speciality eye-hospital in Bihar.
A court in Bihar on Saturday directed the authorities to file an FIR against actor Sunny Deol, director Chandra Prakash Dwivedi and writer Kasinath Singh, saying their movie "Mohalla Assi" hurt religious sentiments of people.
In a major catch, a suspected veteran Maoist, who is accused in several cases of violence and absconding since 1992, was arrested from Patna rural district area today.
Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday accused Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD president Lalu Prasad of trying to divide the society by "indulging in caste politics" and asked NDA supporters to rise above it.
Ahead of the Bihar assembly polls, BJP ally RLSP was on Saturday not invited to a meeting of the NDA in Patna, an RLSP spokesperson said.
The BJP on Saturday attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for talking about vision 2025 for development of Bihar, but "allying with retrograde forces of 1990s".
A local court on Saturday admitted a defamation complaint against Bihar Health Minister Ramdhani Singh filed by the wife of senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi for allegedly saying that she was working as a professor on the basis of fake degrees.
A man who was arrested on Saturday for stabbing former Bihar minister Ejaz-ul-Haq, here, alleged that the latter had been forcing him to indulge in sex and he attacked him to take vengeance, police said.
An undertrial prisoner was beaten to death on Saturday in a clash between two groups of inmates in a jail here, prompting authorities to suspend two jail wardens.
An armed man attacked and seriously injured Ejaz-ul-Haq, former Bihar minister who is also the brother-in-law of jailed gangster-politician Mohammad Shahabuddin at his residence in the state capital, the police said on Saturday.
Annoyed over the dragging of a land acquisition case in Bihar for over a decade, the Supreme Court on Friday blamed the state government for taking it for a ride and said the Chief Minister should be given the best advise.
Describing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's poll campaign theme 'Har Ghar Dastak' as a gimmick, the BJP on Friday questioned the JD-U's source of funds for the election campaign and claimed that the state government was intimidating corporates for the purpose.
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses Modi govt of transferring two of his 'best officers' out of Delhi
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Google pays tribute to Dr Kalam with 'black ribbon'
- Here's how Yakub Memon will be sent to the gallows: The last moments
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in his hometown Rameswaram today