Responding to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's call for investment, Vedanta Resources founder Anil Agarwal today said he was planning to start a minerals processing plant and a world-class university at his home state Bihar.
A total of 150 cartons of country-made liquor were seized and one person was arrested in this connection today from a market place under Guthni police station area in Siwan district, police said.
Siwan strongman and former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin is all set to walk out of jail after 11 years a day after Patna high court granted him bail in the much-publicised Rajiv Raushan murder case.
No fresh case of flood-related death was reported on Thursday in Bihar, where 213 lives have been claimed in the deluge even as most of the rivers continue to flow below the danger mark.
Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari on Thursday reminded students that social harmony and respect for each other's thoughts will help strengthen our existence and survival.
The Bihar government had banned its sale after a huge public outcry.
Thursday rang in happiness and joy in the first family of Uttar Pradesh as Mainpuri MP Tej Pratap Singh Yadav became father of a baby boy.
The Bihar Prohibition and Excise Bill, 2016 was formally approved by Governor Ram Nath Kovind on Wednesday, Raj Bhawan officials said.
The Patna High Court on Wednesday granted bail to controversial RJD leader Mohammad Shahbuddin in a case of murder of a witness in the killing of two brothers in Siwan by bathing them in acid.
VHP leader Pravin Togadia on Wednesday advised RJD chief Lalu Prasad to join the agitation for construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya if he wants to become the Prime Minister.
The fodder scam involved the embezzlement of about Rs. 9.4 billion from the government treasury of Bihar during Lalu Yadav's tenure as chief minister.
Toll in Bihar floods rose to 205 with a fresh death reported on Tuesday even as the situation appeared to be easing with the water level of swollen Ganga flowing below the danger mark.
A property dealer was shot dead by two bike-borne assailants near a petrol pump under Bahadurpur police station area in this district today.
With six more deaths, the toll in Bihar floods on Monday went up to 204, even as the water level of the swollen Ganga continued to recede at many places except at Kahalgaon in Bhagalpur district where the river is flowing above the danger mark.
A religious outfit called Believers Church has decided to provide relief materials to 4,000 families in flood-affected Bihar, its office bearer K P Yohannan said today.
Suspected Maoists torched half a dozen vehicles and machines of a private construction company on Monday in Bihar's Gaya district, police said.
With no reports of fresh deaths in Bihar floods on Sunday, the situation showed signs of improvement in the state as the number of affected people from the floods went down to 40 lakh from yesterday's 41.90 lakh in 12 districts.
VHP International Working President Praveen Togadia today hailed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for enforcing total prohibition in the state and said he would like to see a countrywide ban on consumption of liquor.
VHP International Working President Praveen Togadia on Sunday hailed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for enforcing total prohibition in the state and said he would like to see a countrywide ban on consumption of liquor.
Tthe Aam Aadmi Party and Congress attacked Narendra Modi after a full-page advertisement of Reliance's "Jio Digital Life" appeared in newspapers featuring the PM's photograph.
Normal life in Bihar was hit on Friday by the 24-hour nationwide strike major trade unions have called to protest the central government`s anti-labour and economic policies, officials said.
With four more deaths, the toll in Bihar floods on Thursday rose to 172 even as water level at many points in the swollen Ganga river receded.
BJP on Thursday accused the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar of "total failure" in providing relief to flood victims, alleging that they were not getting food and medicine leading to a rise in death toll.
Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu had announced that he would explore if a rail line could be laid till Gehlore - 'Mountain Man' Dashrath Manjhi's village.
Parents of newborns in the relief camps of flood-swamped Bihar are naming their children after the river Ganga or even the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) that has come to their help.
With six more deaths, the toll in Bihar floods on Tuesday rose to 165, even as the swollen Ganga, whose water level started showing a receding trend, has affected 37.53 lakh people in 12 districts of the state.
A Chhapra court on Monday sentenced primary school Principal Meena Devi to ten years imprisonment in connection with the 2013 mid-day meal tragedy.
Floods in Bihar have claimed 156 lives so far, and affected the lives of lakhs of people in 12 districts. Given the extent of the damage to life, livestock, crops and property, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday appealed to both the Centre and the Bihar government to join hands to provide relief and rehabilitation to the people.
With three more deaths reported on Sunday the toll in Bihar rose to 156 as there was no let up in the flood situation in the state while in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh the Ganga continues to flow above the danger level.
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference? - Part II
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- DNA: Analyzing the sufferings and pain caused due to 1984 Bhopal Gas tragedy
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Yuvraj Singh’s post-marriage selfie with wife Hazel Keech is funny – See PIC
- 20 houses of Hindus set on fire in Bangladesh
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- Donald Trump's phone calls to Pakistan's PM and Taiwan's President `upset diplomacy`
- India vs England: Trouble brewing in Indian camp ahead of Mumbai Test
- Ahead of 'Heart of Asia' conference, PM Narendra Modi visits Golden Temple, serves 'langar'
- WATCH: PM Narendra Modi asks 'should I not fight corruption?' - This is how public responded