Chhattisgarh Home Minister Ram Sevak Paikra was severely injured in a road accident on Wednesday late night when he was on his way to Surajpur after addressing a rally in Ambikapur district.
An unusual incident has come to the fore from Chhattisgarh's Korea district.
Congress has sought an explanation from former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi over alleged "fixing" of a bypoll, an issue that has seen the expulsion of his son Amit Jogi from the party last month.
According to police these Naxals were involved in several incidents.
The AAP leader has accused IG SRP Kalluri of instigating Bastar residents for the threat letters, the online news portal pradesh18.com reported.
Four persons, including a minor girl, were killed in an accident involving two motorcycles in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said
One Naxalite has been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kanker District of Chhattisgarh in early morning hours today.
A muzzle loading gun, 11 iron rods, loudspeaker, wireless receiver, electric wire and other material were recovered from the Naxals.
“If I die, nobody will call me a prostitute anymore.” These were the last words of the rape victim in Bhilai, who committed suicide after a one-year-long legal battle and taunts from locals.
Three Naxals, including two women, were on Saturday gunned down by security forces at two different places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar division.
Chhattisgarh has constituted a post of Special DGP to effectively combat Left Wing Extremism in the state .
Last evening, Kamla had gone to the accused's place where they had consumed liquor together and an altercation broke out between them over the issue (miscarriage of the first child).
A CRPF jawan on Saturday injured in a pressure bomb blast laid by naxals on an under-construction route in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Dantewada district, police said.
A Naxalite commander carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was killed in an encounter with police in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district
Recently, Jagdalpur- the biggest town in south Chhattisgarh – was the venue for a special wedding.
A new audio tape containing purported conversations between Chhattisgarh Congress president Bhupesh Baghel and Firoz Siddhiqui, a former loyalist of ex-Chief Minister Ajit Jogi, has surfaced.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that the World was looking at India with a sense of hope.
Over 6000 youths from across the country will gather at the upcoming-capital Naya Raipur of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday for the 20th National Youth Festival.
The Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee (CPCC) has written a letter to the Director General of Police (DGP), demanding security for its leaders in wake of the audio-tape controversy and the action taken by the party against Amit Jogi.
Naxals allegedly set on fire four vehicles of a private firm engaged in a road construction work in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Three abducted Pune students have been released by Maoists and are said to be safe at Chintalnar police camp. All three youths were on a bicycle tour when they were abducted from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
These students, from Pune, were on a peace tour of Maharashtra, Odisha and Chhattisgarh. The students were supposed to reach Malkangiri in Odisha on January 10.
Chhattisgarh police have been accused of roping in innocent villagers to surrender before the cameras for cheap publicity.
The Election Commission has ordered probe over allegations that that money exchanged hands to ensure that the BJP won the Antagarh assembly byelection in 2014.
The Congress on Wednesday demanded that Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh resign over an allegation that money was offered to a Congress candidate to make him withdraw from the fray in an Assembly election.
The Congress also demanded a probe into the matter.
BJP has retained the Naxal-hit Antagarh constituency in Chhattisgarh with its candidate Bhojraj Naag winning the bypoll in 2014.
Altogether 23 cadres, including 3 women, turned themselves in before senior police and administrative officials.
The main opposition Congress in the state has fielded its young face Devendra Yadav for the mayoral post in the Bhilai Municipal Corporation which saw polling today.
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Four people burnt dead in Delhi's Dilshad Garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- While politics got 'detached' from religion, Modi govt took measures to preserve 'Sanatan Dharma': Amit Shah
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- He came into my dream and said would return: Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's mother
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'