Chhattisgarh Home Minister Ram Sevak Paikra was severely injured in a road accident on Wednesday late night when he was on his way to Surajpur after addressing a rally in Ambikapur district.
An unusual incident has come to the fore from Chhattisgarh's Korea district.
Congress has sought an explanation from former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi over alleged "fixing" of a bypoll, an issue that has seen the expulsion of his son Amit Jogi from the party last month.
According to police these Naxals were involved in several incidents.
The AAP leader has accused IG SRP Kalluri of instigating Bastar residents for the threat letters, the online news portal pradesh18.com reported.
Four persons, including a minor girl, were killed in an accident involving two motorcycles in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said
One Naxalite has been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kanker District of Chhattisgarh in early morning hours today.
A muzzle loading gun, 11 iron rods, loudspeaker, wireless receiver, electric wire and other material were recovered from the Naxals.
“If I die, nobody will call me a prostitute anymore.” These were the last words of the rape victim in Bhilai, who committed suicide after a one-year-long legal battle and taunts from locals.
Three Naxals, including two women, were on Saturday gunned down by security forces at two different places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar division.
Chhattisgarh has constituted a post of Special DGP to effectively combat Left Wing Extremism in the state .
Last evening, Kamla had gone to the accused's place where they had consumed liquor together and an altercation broke out between them over the issue (miscarriage of the first child).
A CRPF jawan on Saturday injured in a pressure bomb blast laid by naxals on an under-construction route in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Dantewada district, police said.
A Naxalite commander carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was killed in an encounter with police in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district
Recently, Jagdalpur- the biggest town in south Chhattisgarh – was the venue for a special wedding.
A new audio tape containing purported conversations between Chhattisgarh Congress president Bhupesh Baghel and Firoz Siddhiqui, a former loyalist of ex-Chief Minister Ajit Jogi, has surfaced.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that the World was looking at India with a sense of hope.
Over 6000 youths from across the country will gather at the upcoming-capital Naya Raipur of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday for the 20th National Youth Festival.
The Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee (CPCC) has written a letter to the Director General of Police (DGP), demanding security for its leaders in wake of the audio-tape controversy and the action taken by the party against Amit Jogi.
Naxals allegedly set on fire four vehicles of a private firm engaged in a road construction work in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Three abducted Pune students have been released by Maoists and are said to be safe at Chintalnar police camp. All three youths were on a bicycle tour when they were abducted from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
These students, from Pune, were on a peace tour of Maharashtra, Odisha and Chhattisgarh. The students were supposed to reach Malkangiri in Odisha on January 10.
Chhattisgarh police have been accused of roping in innocent villagers to surrender before the cameras for cheap publicity.
The Election Commission has ordered probe over allegations that that money exchanged hands to ensure that the BJP won the Antagarh assembly byelection in 2014.
The Congress on Wednesday demanded that Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh resign over an allegation that money was offered to a Congress candidate to make him withdraw from the fray in an Assembly election.
The Congress also demanded a probe into the matter.
BJP has retained the Naxal-hit Antagarh constituency in Chhattisgarh with its candidate Bhojraj Naag winning the bypoll in 2014.
Altogether 23 cadres, including 3 women, turned themselves in before senior police and administrative officials.
The main opposition Congress in the state has fielded its young face Devendra Yadav for the mayoral post in the Bhilai Municipal Corporation which saw polling today.
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier
- VIDEO: Everyone in dressing room wants 'fighter' Yuvraj Singh to win matches for India, says Suresh Raina
- Post rumoured break up with Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli sets dance floor on fire in Mumbai party: Report
- Siachen Glacier - Here's what makes it one of the most difficult battlefields in world
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 9: Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars – Key players
- Bihar government passes proposal for Patna Metro, cost estimated to be Rs 16,960 crore
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter