Naxals stormed into a mining region of the state-run NMDC in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district and set ablaze a drill machine and a vehicle, police said today.
In a first, hundreds of women, including victims of naxal violence, have snubbed the naxals publicly and taken out a rally opposing their 'Martyrs Week' in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A forest range officer was suspended and two other officials were transferred after a 35-year-old farmer committed suicide allegedly due to delay in getting compensation for his crop which was destroyed by elephants last year in Chhattisgarh's Korba district.
Three Maoists, including two women, were gunned down in an encounter with security personnel at Tandiki forest area close to the Malkangiri-Chhattisgarh border on Friday, police said.
Security in the naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
Security in the Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by Maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
The Chhattisgarh police on Saturday claimed to have busted an alleged Maoist urban support network, with the arrest of five people including a Raipur-based scrap businessman, from separate places.
The Raman Singh-led government comfortably defeated the no-confidence motion moved by the main opposition Congress in the Chhattisgarh Assembly by 13 votes.
The Centre on Friday said it will not set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the alleged Rs 36,000 crore PDS rice scam in Chhattisgarh.
Opposition Congress on Thursday staged walkout from Chhattisgarh Assembly twice to protest against government's decision to rationalise state-run schools and outsourcing to fill vacant posts of school teachers.
As many as many as 243 cases of human trafficking were reported from the state since 2010, including 17 cases of selling girls and women through New Delhi-based placement firm agencies, Chhattisgarh Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra informed the Assembly here on Wednesday.
As many as 22,949 cases of exploitation of women have been registered in Chhattisgarh in past four years, state Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra informed the Assembly on Wednesday.
As many as 63 people died in Chhattisgarh in wild animal attacks including those by elephants in past one year, Forest Minister Mahesh Gagda told the State Assembly on Wednesday.
Chhattisgarh government has given nod for prosecution of two IAS officers allegedly involved in a "scam" in the Civil Supplies Corporation and sent a proposal to the Centre seeking its approval to move ahead in the case.
Opposition Congress on Tuesday moved a no-confidence motion against the Raman Singh government in Chhattisgarh Assembly, stating that it had lost confidence in the BJP-led dispensation over a "series of developments", including the multi-crore PDS scam.
The first day of the Monsoon session of Chhattisgarh Assembly witnessed uproarious scenes with the Opposition Congress demanding discussion on the alleged scam in state civil supplies department and also seeking a CBI probe into it.
In a quest to create a 'Digital India', the people from down-trodden families in Chhattisgarh, particularly women, will soon be imparted the basic knowledge of computers under the Centre's e-literacy project.
In what could set alarm bells ringing for police in Chhattisgarh, particularly in Bastar, the Maoists are reportedly planning to intensify activities during the forthcoming "martyrdom week" when they pay tributes to their slain leaders.
Four persons, including a Janpad Panchayat member, were arrested for allegedly molesting a teenaged girl at a government-run hostel in Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
Union Women and Child Welfare Minister Maneka Gandhi on Thursday inaugurated a 'One stop Centre' for women who have been victims of various kinds of violence.
In what may spell trouble for the Raman Singh government, a petition was filed in the Supreme Court on Thursday demanding a CBI robe into the alleged scam in the Public distribution System (PDS) in Chhattisgarh.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi will visit Chhattisgarh on Wednesday to inaugurate the newly-constructed 'One-Stop Centre' -?that is being touted as the first of its kind in the country -for women who are victims of violence.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi will visit Chhattisgarh on Wednesday to inaugurate the newly-constructed 'One-Stop Centre' -?that is being touted as the first of its kind in the country -?for women who are victims of violence.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday condemned the killing of four police officers by Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur area saying that the main aim of the Naxalites is to spread terror.
The killing of four policemen in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district is an "act of cowardice" and shows the frustration of Naxals over the action being taken by the administration against them, Chief Minister Raman Singh said here on Wednesday.
Yet another bloody chapter was added to the fight between the government and Naxals in the jungles of Chhattisgarh after the outlawed ultras have killed four policemen they had abducted on July 13 from Kutru in Bijapur district.
Maoist guerrillas have abducted four police personnel at gun point in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said on Tuesday.
The Chhattisgarh Police is making hectic efforts to trace six police officials abducted by a group of armed Naxals from the insurgency-hit Bijapur district.
Two CRPF personnel, including an assistant sub-inspector, were today injured in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district.
Two CRPF personnel, including an assistant sub-inspector, were on Monday injured in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide