Pemina Sahu, a class XI student in a small village in Chhattisgarh's Balod district, is excited to see her name plate outside their house, thanks to a unique campaign by local administration to promote girls' education and enhance their recognition in society.
A major controversy has erupted after a senior IAS officer in Chhattisgarh has claimed that 94 percent of death row convicts in India are Dalits, Muslims.
The man who tried to commit suicide by trying to immolate himself outside Chief Minister Raman Singh`s house earlier on July 21 passed away Wednesday morning.
Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti said the Centre has convened a meeting of Chief Secretaries of Odisha and Chhattisgarh on Friday to consider various issues concerning water and projects in the Mahanadi Basin.
Jogi also trained his guns on the ruling BJP and alleged that the ruling party was also speaking in favour of Odisha.
As many as 12 Naxals, including two women, today surrendered in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district citing disappointment with the "empty" ideology of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), police said.
Police retaliated and the gunfight lasted for nearly an hour before rebels broke off and retreated into the deep jungles.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of district police and the CRPF in a forest near Tumrel village, under the Pamed police station jurisdiction, an official said.
A tribal girl with a tragic past has made it to the Indira Gandhi Agricultural University in Raipur with the help of Chhattisgarh Government`s scheme for the Naxal-affected children.
Assistant Constable killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
Three Naxals, one of them allegedly involved in the 2013 Jiram valley attack that left 31 people, including several prominent Congress leaders, dead, were on Sunday arrested in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, police said.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has suggested raising a 'Dandakaranya' battalion on the lines of the Naga regiment of Indian Army to facilitate entry of tribal youths from Maoist-hit Bastar in the armed forces.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service rifle at his camp in the Naxal violence affected Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Officials said that constable Tejvir Singh (32) of the 217th battalion of the force allegedly shot himself with his official INSA rifle at the Central Reserve Police Force camp in Konta area.
Three Naxals were today killed in a gun battle with security forces, which took place after the forces launched an operation to capture a Maoist commander who was said to be in the area.
Raman Singh govt to take stern steps to control pollution
The PIL claims that she was not a Naxal, and demands a special investigation team and a judicial inquiry, along with compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the family.
Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi was a member of the Congress Working Committee.
The thick forested northern Chhattisgarh, comprising Surguja, Korba, Raigarh, Jashpur and Korea districts, are notorious for human-elephant conflicts.
Where there is a will, there is a way - this inspiring proverb has yet again been proved right by Sunil Lakda, a tribal student from Chhattisgarh's Sarbuja village, who fought against all odds to achieve the feat of cracking the IITJEE exam courtesy the Chhattisgarh Government's 'Prayas Programme' - a special coaching initiative of the state's tribal welfare department.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh was on Saturday all gaga about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rule at the Centre, saying the latter has brought in `magical change` in the entire nation in the last two years.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday appealed to Maoists to shun violence and join peace talks, saying if they give up arms, the government was ready to discuss all their demands.
Tribal girl Savitri Kashyap, who conquered all obstacles in life, cracked IITJEE, one of the toughest exams in the country.
Jogi had recently announced the formation of a new party in Chhattisgarh.
At least eight Maoist guerrillas were killed and many others injured in a gunfight with police in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, a senior police officer said. Three police personnel were also injured.
In a grisly incident, a 45-year-old woman was allegedly beheaded by her nephew on suspicion that she practiced "witchcraft" in a village in Chhattisgarh's Korba district, police said today.
Police suspect that some Naxals might have also been injured or killed in the gun battle as blood stains were found at the spot.
In a rare gesture aimed at bridging the gap between the VIPs and the common folks, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh became a ' personal guide' for around hundred children from Chhattisgarh's Naxal-infested Kondagaon region and took them for a tour of his residence.
More than 600 rounds of ammunition were fired from both sides, ANI reported citing ITBP.
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Heavy rains wreak havoc across the country!
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind Yahoo's downfall
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity
- WATCH: EPIC! Here's who won after The Great Khali and Kane traded brutal chair shots
- India should continue fiscal consolidation for better prospect: IMF
- TCL launches new smartphone at Rs 10,990
- Gold price soars by Rs 250 to Rs 30,900 per 10 grams
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for six militants
- Pakistani court allows examination of boat used by 26/11 attack terrorists
- Russia says starts humanitarian operation in Syria's Aleppo
- No Chinese incursion along Uttarakhand, only transgression: Manohar Parrikar
- ‘Mirzya’ boy Harshvardhan Kapoor begins shooting 'Bhavesh Joshi'
- Turkey has intelligence cleric Gulen could flee United States: Minister
- Man who had given shelter to Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda arrested
- Shocking! Man held with three bullets in Delhi Metro
- Pokemon Go now influencing baby names in US!
- Rahul Gandhi attacks PM Modi over price rise, says people are now chanting 'Arhar Modi' not 'Har Har Modi'
- Vasundhara Raje's helicopter makes emergency landing