Naxals on Tuesday set on fire at least 20 vehicles and machines engaged in mining work in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Two security personnel, one of them belonging to Central Reserve Police Force's specialised unit CoBRA, were injured in a pressure bomb blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Tuesday, police said.
Four Naxals, including a woman, were arrested in Chhattisgarh's Maoist-hit Kanker district on Tuesday.
Naxals torched a private travel bus in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, after asking its passengers to alight on Tuesday.
Naxals on Sunday set on fire a bus after asking its occupants to alight in Dantewada district.
Four women Naxalswere killed in a gun battle in Sukma District on Sunday morning.
In a detailed order, government announced rehabilitation packages for surrendered naxals and those who have been affected by it, state Home Minister Ramsevak Paikra said.
The polling for a single municipal corporation in the state was held on November 16 in which about 65 per cent of the 78,707 voters had exercised their franchise.
The operation was based on the information about the location of Maoist commander Hidma, who is the head of 1st military battalion of Naxals, in the region.
Bhilai's prestige is set to get enhanced further with the setting up of the Indian Institute of Technology this year.
About 60 percent of the 78,707 registered voters exercised their franchise in Birgaon Municipal Corporation.
Two wanted Naxals were arrested in a joint operation by local police and BSF in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
Seven Maoists have surrendered in insurgency hit Sukma district of Chhattisharh.
He further expressed concern over the safety of children, referring to the death of five students during their school sponsored tour in Chhattisgarh's Gariyaband.
The training centre transforms a police personnel into a commando in 45 days who can take on Naxalites in a rough terrain.
Those districts where tehsils have been categorised drought-hit are Bemetara, Kawardha, Janjgir-Champa, Bastar, Kondagaon, Kanker, Kanker district and Narayanpur.
Three Maoists were gunned down by the security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district on Tuesday.
Condemning the alleged rape of tribal women in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district by security forces last month, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday said such incidents would only worsen the problem of Naxalism in the state.
Naxals set ablaze a bus after asking its passengers to alight and also fired at another bus in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said on Friday.
Three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans were today injured when a pressure bomb planted by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district exploded, police said.
A 30-year-old man allegedly killed his wife and her paramour in Chhattisgarh.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon at the paramilitary camp in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan was killed and another was injured in a Maoist attack in Sukma district on Sunday evening.
A CRPF jawan was killed in a gun battle with naxals in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A Maoist couple carrying cash reward on their heads, today surrendered along with weapons here citing disappointment with the "anti-people" activities by the outlawed CPI (Maoist) in Bastar, police said.
In an unique example of communal harmony, a Muslim man has been presiding over Durga Puja celebrations in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh district for the past 23 years.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ranvijay Singh Judeo's younger brother, who was wanted in an attempt to murder case, has been arrested from the forests of Chhattisgarh's tribal-dominated Jashpur district, police said on Friday.
With a key Maoist unit in Bastar plagued by infighting and killing of its senior leader, the police is leaving no stone unturned to gain control of the areas.
Senior BJP leader and MP Chandulal Sahu's son Thursday died of swine flu at a private hospital here, taking the death toll due to H1N1 virus in Chhattisgarh this year to 34.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent