Two rebels were gunned down by security forces in restive Abhujmad area of Narayanpur district last night, IG (Bastar Range) SRP Kalluri told PTI over phone.
Ahead of the weekly market, a constable accidentally came in contact with a pressure bomb planted by the Maoists that exploded injuring him.
Naxals on Tuesday set on fire at least 20 vehicles and machines engaged in mining work in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Two security personnel, one of them belonging to Central Reserve Police Force's specialised unit CoBRA, were injured in a pressure bomb blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Tuesday, police said.
Four Naxals, including a woman, were arrested in Chhattisgarh's Maoist-hit Kanker district on Tuesday.
Naxals torched a private travel bus in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, after asking its passengers to alight on Tuesday.
Naxals on Sunday set on fire a bus after asking its occupants to alight in Dantewada district.
Four women Naxalswere killed in a gun battle in Sukma District on Sunday morning.
In a detailed order, government announced rehabilitation packages for surrendered naxals and those who have been affected by it, state Home Minister Ramsevak Paikra said.
The polling for a single municipal corporation in the state was held on November 16 in which about 65 per cent of the 78,707 voters had exercised their franchise.
The operation was based on the information about the location of Maoist commander Hidma, who is the head of 1st military battalion of Naxals, in the region.
Bhilai's prestige is set to get enhanced further with the setting up of the Indian Institute of Technology this year.
About 60 percent of the 78,707 registered voters exercised their franchise in Birgaon Municipal Corporation.
Two wanted Naxals were arrested in a joint operation by local police and BSF in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
Seven Maoists have surrendered in insurgency hit Sukma district of Chhattisharh.
He further expressed concern over the safety of children, referring to the death of five students during their school sponsored tour in Chhattisgarh's Gariyaband.
The training centre transforms a police personnel into a commando in 45 days who can take on Naxalites in a rough terrain.
Those districts where tehsils have been categorised drought-hit are Bemetara, Kawardha, Janjgir-Champa, Bastar, Kondagaon, Kanker, Kanker district and Narayanpur.
Three Maoists were gunned down by the security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district on Tuesday.
Condemning the alleged rape of tribal women in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district by security forces last month, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday said such incidents would only worsen the problem of Naxalism in the state.
Naxals set ablaze a bus after asking its passengers to alight and also fired at another bus in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said on Friday.
Three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans were today injured when a pressure bomb planted by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district exploded, police said.
A 30-year-old man allegedly killed his wife and her paramour in Chhattisgarh.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon at the paramilitary camp in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan was killed and another was injured in a Maoist attack in Sukma district on Sunday evening.
A CRPF jawan was killed in a gun battle with naxals in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A Maoist couple carrying cash reward on their heads, today surrendered along with weapons here citing disappointment with the "anti-people" activities by the outlawed CPI (Maoist) in Bastar, police said.
In an unique example of communal harmony, a Muslim man has been presiding over Durga Puja celebrations in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh district for the past 23 years.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ranvijay Singh Judeo's younger brother, who was wanted in an attempt to murder case, has been arrested from the forests of Chhattisgarh's tribal-dominated Jashpur district, police said on Friday.
With a key Maoist unit in Bastar plagued by infighting and killing of its senior leader, the police is leaving no stone unturned to gain control of the areas.
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005