A five-year-old kindergarten student was allegedly raped by a school director in the Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said here on Thursday.
A 45-year-old man who was an active member of the now-disbanded Salwa Judum was shot dead by suspected Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district, police said on Wednesday.
Security forces seized a huge cache of Maoist-related materials after a gun-battle with the insurgents in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district, a police official said here on Sunday.
A Special Task Force (STF) official was killed and a jawan injured when naxals ambushed a team of security forces in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district on Saturday, police said.
They are trained to supervise law and order operations and counter insurgency, but the CRPF personnel, in a novel initiative, are helping farmers in ploughing their fields through tractors to win the hearts of tribals in Chhattisgarh's worst Naxal-hit Sukma district.
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday pointed out "deficiencies" into the probe of a nun's alleged rape in Chhattisgarh in June and sought action taken report from top authorities of the state government on its recommendations within six weeks.
Four Naxalites, including a couple carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh each, were on Thursday arrested from separate villages in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said.
A group of activists on Tuesday claimed that the Salwa Judum movement is "making a comeback" in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, and alleged that it was being done to drive away the tribal people from their land.
Security forces busted a Maoist camp after a fierce gun battle in Chhattisgarh's insurgency- hit Kanker district, a day ahead of Independence Day, police official said here on Friday.
A Class VI student was allegedly molested by a peon at a government school in Chhattisgarh's Korba district, police said on Friday.
Introduction of modern day best practices of agriculture, adapted to Indian needs, has potential to boost Chhattisgarh's economy in a big way, a senior minister from the state has said.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked petitioners seeking a court-monitored CBI probe into the public distribution system (PDS) scam in Chhattisgarh to approach the high court as it was in a better position to address the issue.
With five of the 27 districts in Chhattisgarh receiving less than average rainfall so far, the state government has asked officials to ensure water supply for standing crops and allow pumping of water from rivers.
Seven Maoist cadres were arrested from separate places in the insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, a police official said here on Monday.
Four vehicles engaged in construction work were set ablaze allegedly by Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district today.
Four naxals were on Friday arrested during a joint search operation in the insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh Friday admitted that the problem of Naxalism is putting a huge dent into the GDP of Chhattisgarh, as the government has to spend huge amount of money towards rebuilding infrastructure and inducting police personnel.
The decade-long desertion of Bhejji has now come to an end as its natives, who fled the village in the aftermath of Salwa Judum militia clash, have started returning and resettling in one of the worst Naxal-hit places in Chhattisgarh.
Three Maoists, carrying cash reward of Rs 1 lakh on their heads, on Wednesday surrendered in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kondagaon district, police said.
An Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to have planted by Maoists, was on Wednesday recovered from a road in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said.
In a major crackdown on the outlawed CPI (Maoist), 26 Naxals?have been arrested from different places in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district over past three days, police said on Wednesday.
A dummy candidate has allegedly appeared in place of state Education Minister Kedar Kashyap's wife for a post-graduation exam conducted by an open university held in Bastar district Tuesday.
Maoists on Tuesday blew up a bridge over a rivulet in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, severing the road link between the district headquarters town and the strategically important Sarkeguda village, police said.
The Chhattisgarh Government is committed to protection of cows and no slaughter house will be allowed to come up in the BJP-ruled State, Chief Minister Raman Singh on Tuesday said.
Naxals stormed into a mining region of the state-run NMDC in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district and set ablaze a drill machine and a vehicle, police said today.
In a first, hundreds of women, including victims of naxal violence, have snubbed the naxals publicly and taken out a rally opposing their 'Martyrs Week' in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A forest range officer was suspended and two other officials were transferred after a 35-year-old farmer committed suicide allegedly due to delay in getting compensation for his crop which was destroyed by elephants last year in Chhattisgarh's Korba district.
Three Maoists, including two women, were gunned down in an encounter with security personnel at Tandiki forest area close to the Malkangiri-Chhattisgarh border on Friday, police said.
Security in the naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
Security in the Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by Maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- IPS officer stopped investigation of Sheena Bora murder in 2012
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Watch: Morning Superfast @ 7am
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Delhi sees sharp rise in number of deaths: Govt report
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in J&K's RS Pura and Arniya sector
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Rain plays spoilsport, India at 50/2 on Day 1 of 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
- Phantom movie review: Watch it for Saif Ali Khan!
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- The last SMS sent by Sheena Bora to Rahul Mukerjea
- Pakistan resorts to heavy shelling in Jammu; 3 civilians killed, 16 injured
- Seven natural ways to keep those extra kilos at bay!