Congress has sought an explanation from former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi over alleged "fixing" of a bypoll, an issue that has seen the expulsion of his son Amit Jogi from the party last month.
According to police these Naxals were involved in several incidents.
The AAP leader has accused IG SRP Kalluri of instigating Bastar residents for the threat letters, the online news portal pradesh18.com reported.
Four persons, including a minor girl, were killed in an accident involving two motorcycles in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said
One Naxalite has been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kanker District of Chhattisgarh in early morning hours today.
A muzzle loading gun, 11 iron rods, loudspeaker, wireless receiver, electric wire and other material were recovered from the Naxals.
“If I die, nobody will call me a prostitute anymore.” These were the last words of the rape victim in Bhilai, who committed suicide after a one-year-long legal battle and taunts from locals.
Three Naxals, including two women, were on Saturday gunned down by security forces at two different places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar division.
Chhattisgarh has constituted a post of Special DGP to effectively combat Left Wing Extremism in the state .
Last evening, Kamla had gone to the accused's place where they had consumed liquor together and an altercation broke out between them over the issue (miscarriage of the first child).
A CRPF jawan on Saturday injured in a pressure bomb blast laid by naxals on an under-construction route in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Dantewada district, police said.
A Naxalite commander carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was killed in an encounter with police in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district
Recently, Jagdalpur- the biggest town in south Chhattisgarh – was the venue for a special wedding.
A new audio tape containing purported conversations between Chhattisgarh Congress president Bhupesh Baghel and Firoz Siddhiqui, a former loyalist of ex-Chief Minister Ajit Jogi, has surfaced.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that the World was looking at India with a sense of hope.
Over 6000 youths from across the country will gather at the upcoming-capital Naya Raipur of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday for the 20th National Youth Festival.
The Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee (CPCC) has written a letter to the Director General of Police (DGP), demanding security for its leaders in wake of the audio-tape controversy and the action taken by the party against Amit Jogi.
Naxals allegedly set on fire four vehicles of a private firm engaged in a road construction work in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Three abducted Pune students have been released by Maoists and are said to be safe at Chintalnar police camp. All three youths were on a bicycle tour when they were abducted from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
These students, from Pune, were on a peace tour of Maharashtra, Odisha and Chhattisgarh. The students were supposed to reach Malkangiri in Odisha on January 10.
Chhattisgarh police have been accused of roping in innocent villagers to surrender before the cameras for cheap publicity.
The Election Commission has ordered probe over allegations that that money exchanged hands to ensure that the BJP won the Antagarh assembly byelection in 2014.
The Congress on Wednesday demanded that Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh resign over an allegation that money was offered to a Congress candidate to make him withdraw from the fray in an Assembly election.
The Congress also demanded a probe into the matter.
BJP has retained the Naxal-hit Antagarh constituency in Chhattisgarh with its candidate Bhojraj Naag winning the bypoll in 2014.
Altogether 23 cadres, including 3 women, turned themselves in before senior police and administrative officials.
The main opposition Congress in the state has fielded its young face Devendra Yadav for the mayoral post in the Bhilai Municipal Corporation which saw polling today.
A high voter turnout of over 75 per cent was recorded in eleven urban bodies in Chhattisgarh.
Polling for 11 urban bodies, including one municipal corporation, four municipal councils and six nagar panchayats in Chhattisgarh, is underway, Monday, in which a total of 6,20,110 voters are eligible to exercise their franchise.
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part IV
- Gujarat: Indian Coast Guard detains Pakistani boat off coast
- Ranchi: Central Coalfields Limited workers ride bicycles to curb pollution
- Desh Da Swaad: Discover the taste of Bhopal
- West Bengal: Policemen take up responsibility to educate poor children
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Watch : Top 25
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016