The man who tried to commit suicide by trying to immolate himself outside Chief Minister Raman Singh`s house earlier on July 21 passed away Wednesday morning.
Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti said the Centre has convened a meeting of Chief Secretaries of Odisha and Chhattisgarh on Friday to consider various issues concerning water and projects in the Mahanadi Basin.
Jogi also trained his guns on the ruling BJP and alleged that the ruling party was also speaking in favour of Odisha.
As many as 12 Naxals, including two women, today surrendered in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district citing disappointment with the "empty" ideology of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), police said.
Police retaliated and the gunfight lasted for nearly an hour before rebels broke off and retreated into the deep jungles.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of district police and the CRPF in a forest near Tumrel village, under the Pamed police station jurisdiction, an official said.
A tribal girl with a tragic past has made it to the Indira Gandhi Agricultural University in Raipur with the help of Chhattisgarh Government`s scheme for the Naxal-affected children.
Assistant Constable killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
Three Naxals, one of them allegedly involved in the 2013 Jiram valley attack that left 31 people, including several prominent Congress leaders, dead, were on Sunday arrested in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, police said.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has suggested raising a 'Dandakaranya' battalion on the lines of the Naga regiment of Indian Army to facilitate entry of tribal youths from Maoist-hit Bastar in the armed forces.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service rifle at his camp in the Naxal violence affected Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Officials said that constable Tejvir Singh (32) of the 217th battalion of the force allegedly shot himself with his official INSA rifle at the Central Reserve Police Force camp in Konta area.
Three Naxals were today killed in a gun battle with security forces, which took place after the forces launched an operation to capture a Maoist commander who was said to be in the area.
Raman Singh govt to take stern steps to control pollution
The PIL claims that she was not a Naxal, and demands a special investigation team and a judicial inquiry, along with compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the family.
Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi was a member of the Congress Working Committee.
The thick forested northern Chhattisgarh, comprising Surguja, Korba, Raigarh, Jashpur and Korea districts, are notorious for human-elephant conflicts.
Where there is a will, there is a way - this inspiring proverb has yet again been proved right by Sunil Lakda, a tribal student from Chhattisgarh's Sarbuja village, who fought against all odds to achieve the feat of cracking the IITJEE exam courtesy the Chhattisgarh Government's 'Prayas Programme' - a special coaching initiative of the state's tribal welfare department.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh was on Saturday all gaga about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rule at the Centre, saying the latter has brought in `magical change` in the entire nation in the last two years.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday appealed to Maoists to shun violence and join peace talks, saying if they give up arms, the government was ready to discuss all their demands.
Tribal girl Savitri Kashyap, who conquered all obstacles in life, cracked IITJEE, one of the toughest exams in the country.
Jogi had recently announced the formation of a new party in Chhattisgarh.
At least eight Maoist guerrillas were killed and many others injured in a gunfight with police in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, a senior police officer said. Three police personnel were also injured.
In a grisly incident, a 45-year-old woman was allegedly beheaded by her nephew on suspicion that she practiced "witchcraft" in a village in Chhattisgarh's Korba district, police said today.
Police suspect that some Naxals might have also been injured or killed in the gun battle as blood stains were found at the spot.
In a rare gesture aimed at bridging the gap between the VIPs and the common folks, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh became a ' personal guide' for around hundred children from Chhattisgarh's Naxal-infested Kondagaon region and took them for a tour of his residence.
More than 600 rounds of ammunition were fired from both sides, ANI reported citing ITBP.
The announcement marks the culmination of the long-drawn factionalism within the Chhatisgarh party unit led by Bhupesh Baghel.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday sought to play down the significance of party leader and former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi charting out an independent course, saying only his "wife, son and an MLA" are with him and called his exit as "good" for the organisation.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part-II
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part III
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from Srinagar
- P-Notes investment hit 2-year low of Rs 2.10 lakh crore in June-end
- This is how Arvind Kejriwal reacted after Navjot Singh Sidhu revealed why he quit Rajya Sabha
- ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO
- Suicide bomber kills 10 north of Baghdad: Officials
- Atrocities against Dalits: TMC walks out of Rajya Sabha demanding statement from PM Modi
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims
- Two NDFB militants killed in Assam's Kokrajhar
- This Islamic outfit is opposing installation of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's statue - Know why
- BSF trooper stabs colleague, escapes with weapon in J&K
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action
- AAP blames central government for action against Bhagwant Mann
- Watch: When Anushka Sharma went gaga over 'susheel ladka' Ranveer Singh!
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Honour killing in Kairana: Youth shot at by father-in-law in for marrying girl against parents' choice
- BCCI to meet today to discuss SC verdict on Lodha panel's report