Three new faces were included in the Raman Singh-led Chhattisgarh government on Friday in the long awaited Cabinet expansion.
In the first expansion of the 18-month-old BJP government in Chhattisgarh after it stormed to power for third consecutive time in 2013, three new ministers were on Friday inducted into the Raman Singh-led Cabinet, taking the strength to 13.
The police have registered a case of cheating against former Member of Parliament and Chhattisgarh Congress vice president PR Khunte, a police official said on Thursday.
The Chhattisgarh government has taken action against 13 private hospitals across the state for alleged failure to provide proper facilities to patients under the health insurance schemes.
Chhattisgarh government would observe 'Anti-terrorism Day' in the state on May 21, which marks the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
A local court on Monday awarded life imprisonment to six people, including a couple, for killing a four-year-old boy in a human sacrifice ritual in 2014 in the state's Janjgir-Champa district.
Five Maoists, including two women surrendered before police, a day after three police personnel and two Naxals were killed in a gun-battle with security personnel in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh may soon visit Sukma, one of the worst Naxal-affected districts in Chhattisgarh.
A 15-year-old tribal girl was allegedly raped several times over a period of three years by a government school headmaster in Chhattisgarh's Kondagaon district following which she became pregnant, police said on Monday.
Two policemen and as many Maoists were on Sunday killed in a gunbattle between security personnel and ultras in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
Chhattisgarh IAS officer Amit Kataria, who wore a blue striped shirt and sunglasses while receiving Prime Minister Narendra Modi last week, has got a stern warning from the state government for violation of dress code and protocol.
A Naxal, who was allegedly involved in attack on a police anti-landmine vehicle in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
Mild tremors were experienced in several cities of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday after a strong earthquake measuring 7.3 on Richter scale epicenter in Nepal shook several states in North and East India.
A CRPF jawan deployed in the anti-Naxal operations grid in Chhattisgarh today allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service rifle.
A parcel supervisor of Bilaspur division of South East Central Railway was today suspended for the delay in transportation of bullet-proof vehicles of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's convoy to New Delhi after his visit to Chhattisgarh two days ago.
Two children were allegedly burnt to death by a man after their aunt successfully managed to resist being raped by him in Chhattisgarh's Durg district on Monday, a senior police official said here.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has sought battalions of Nagaland armed police force personnel, experts in jungle warfare, from the Union Home Ministry to take on Naxals in his state.
'Salwa Judum' founder Mahendra Karma's son Chhavindra Karma and several leaders of the disbanded anti-Maoist civil militia will launch an anti-Maoist campaign in Bastar from May 25.
After one of the 250 villagers abducted by Maoists was killed in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Dantewada on yesterday, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday had a telephonic conversation with state Chief Minister Raman Singh over the incident.
Making the first prime ministerial visit in three decades to this Maoist hotbed, Narendra Modi on Saturday asked the ultras to shed the gun and put an end to mindless deaths in favour of peace.
The hostage-taking incident in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district has ended. One hostage was killed, while others were set free by the Maoists after abducting nearly 250 people on the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to neighbouring Dantewada.
Reacting to 'hostage' situation in Chhattisgarh during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit on Saturday, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here said the government was fighting against naxalism and efforts were on to rescue villagers.
Naxals went on rampage in several parts of Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar region, damaging rail tracks on Kirandul-Visakhapatnam route and blocking roads, as a part of their bandh call opposing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the state today, police said.
A hostage situation is continuing since last night in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh where around 250 villagers were seized by Maoist rebels on the eve of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to neighbouring Dantewada.
With a high number of out-of-school children in Chhattisgarh, experts say the thrust should be given to establish an education-friendly environment and ensure basic facilities to attract children to educational institutes in the tribal-dominated state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday visited Naxal-affected Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh to take stock of socio-economic development initiatives being taken there.
At least 50 people were on Friday injured when a stage set up for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Chhattisgarh's Bastar region here collapsed due to heavy thundershowers.
A day ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Chhattisgarh's Bastar region, Maoists today blocked a main road in insurgency-hit Kanker district by felling trees and put up banners, opposing the visit.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Naxal-affected Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Saturday to take stock of socio-economic development initiatives being taken there.
A 33-year-old married woman was allegedly raped and then threatened with dire consequences in the district here following which six persons were arrested on Tuesday, police said.
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh