A forest range officer was suspended and two other officials were transferred after a 35-year-old farmer committed suicide allegedly due to delay in getting compensation for his crop which was destroyed by elephants last year in Chhattisgarh's Korba district.
Three Maoists, including two women, were gunned down in an encounter with security personnel at Tandiki forest area close to the Malkangiri-Chhattisgarh border on Friday, police said.
Security in the naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
Security in the Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by Maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
The Chhattisgarh police on Saturday claimed to have busted an alleged Maoist urban support network, with the arrest of five people including a Raipur-based scrap businessman, from separate places.
The Raman Singh-led government comfortably defeated the no-confidence motion moved by the main opposition Congress in the Chhattisgarh Assembly by 13 votes.
The Centre on Friday said it will not set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the alleged Rs 36,000 crore PDS rice scam in Chhattisgarh.
Opposition Congress on Thursday staged walkout from Chhattisgarh Assembly twice to protest against government's decision to rationalise state-run schools and outsourcing to fill vacant posts of school teachers.
As many as many as 243 cases of human trafficking were reported from the state since 2010, including 17 cases of selling girls and women through New Delhi-based placement firm agencies, Chhattisgarh Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra informed the Assembly here on Wednesday.
As many as 22,949 cases of exploitation of women have been registered in Chhattisgarh in past four years, state Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra informed the Assembly on Wednesday.
As many as 63 people died in Chhattisgarh in wild animal attacks including those by elephants in past one year, Forest Minister Mahesh Gagda told the State Assembly on Wednesday.
Chhattisgarh government has given nod for prosecution of two IAS officers allegedly involved in a "scam" in the Civil Supplies Corporation and sent a proposal to the Centre seeking its approval to move ahead in the case.
Opposition Congress on Tuesday moved a no-confidence motion against the Raman Singh government in Chhattisgarh Assembly, stating that it had lost confidence in the BJP-led dispensation over a "series of developments", including the multi-crore PDS scam.
The first day of the Monsoon session of Chhattisgarh Assembly witnessed uproarious scenes with the Opposition Congress demanding discussion on the alleged scam in state civil supplies department and also seeking a CBI probe into it.
In a quest to create a 'Digital India', the people from down-trodden families in Chhattisgarh, particularly women, will soon be imparted the basic knowledge of computers under the Centre's e-literacy project.
In what could set alarm bells ringing for police in Chhattisgarh, particularly in Bastar, the Maoists are reportedly planning to intensify activities during the forthcoming "martyrdom week" when they pay tributes to their slain leaders.
Four persons, including a Janpad Panchayat member, were arrested for allegedly molesting a teenaged girl at a government-run hostel in Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
Union Women and Child Welfare Minister Maneka Gandhi on Thursday inaugurated a 'One stop Centre' for women who have been victims of various kinds of violence.
In what may spell trouble for the Raman Singh government, a petition was filed in the Supreme Court on Thursday demanding a CBI robe into the alleged scam in the Public distribution System (PDS) in Chhattisgarh.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi will visit Chhattisgarh on Wednesday to inaugurate the newly-constructed 'One-Stop Centre' -?that is being touted as the first of its kind in the country -for women who are victims of violence.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi will visit Chhattisgarh on Wednesday to inaugurate the newly-constructed 'One-Stop Centre' -?that is being touted as the first of its kind in the country -?for women who are victims of violence.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday condemned the killing of four police officers by Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur area saying that the main aim of the Naxalites is to spread terror.
The killing of four policemen in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district is an "act of cowardice" and shows the frustration of Naxals over the action being taken by the administration against them, Chief Minister Raman Singh said here on Wednesday.
Yet another bloody chapter was added to the fight between the government and Naxals in the jungles of Chhattisgarh after the outlawed ultras have killed four policemen they had abducted on July 13 from Kutru in Bijapur district.
Maoist guerrillas have abducted four police personnel at gun point in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said on Tuesday.
The Chhattisgarh Police is making hectic efforts to trace six police officials abducted by a group of armed Naxals from the insurgency-hit Bijapur district.
Two CRPF personnel, including an assistant sub-inspector, were today injured in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district.
Two CRPF personnel, including an assistant sub-inspector, were on Monday injured in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A Special Task Force (STF) jawan was on Sunday injured in a gun-battle between security personnel and ultras in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said.
In a bizarre incident, a government school teacher in Korea district of Chhattisgarh wrote 'Daaru Piyo' (consume liquor) on blackboard and asked the students to repeat it after him.
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui