RK Rai is considered to be a supporter of Chhattisgarh Janata Congress Party chief Ajit Jogi.
A naxal was today killed in an exchange of fire with security forces in the outskirts of a town in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said.
A police jawan, who was critically injured in a blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district last month, died at a private hospital here, police said today.
Tension flared up in Mungeli district in Chhattisgarh today following protests triggered by an "objectionable" comment on social media against a Hindu god and goddess, police said.
The Maoist supporters belong to Kerlapal, Majhipara, Patelpara, Potampara, Borguda, Gondpalli Mosalpara, Jeerampal, Badesatti, Pandupara and other villages of the region.
A lower rung Naxal was today killed in an exchange of fire with security forces in a dense forest of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, police said.
Two Naxals were today killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district.
At least two naxals were killed during an encounter with the security forces in Phulbagri district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday.
For the first time in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, three women commandos, who formerly fought against security forces alongside naxals, took part in an anti-Maoist operation in which two ultras were gunned down.
Two naxals were on Saturday gunned down in a fierce gun-battle with security forces in a densely forested hill in insurgency-hit Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Two security personnel were today injured in an improvised explosive device (IED) blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district.
A CoBRA commando, who was critically injured in an encounter with the Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district last week, died at a private hospital here today.
Delhi Minister Gopal Rai was on Saturday in a spot when a vehicle of his cavalcade overturned in Chhattisgarh on Friday.
The tripartite meeting between the Centre, Odisha and Chattisgarh over the Mahanadi water issue will be held in the national capital on Saturday.
The Chhattisgarh High Court has directed the state government to carry out test of drinking water supplied by municipal corporations to check whether it is fit for consumption.
Giving a fillip to the ongoing drive for rehabilitation of Maoists, 72 of the Left extremists, including two women, surrendered before the district authorities in Chhattisgarh's Bastar area on Thursday, a senior police officer said.
The Congress on Wednesday announced a coordination committee for Chhattisgarh headed by party General Secretary and MP B.K. Hariprasad.
Under pressure from security forces but encouraged by the state government's rehabilitation policy for former insurgents, a total of 38 Maoists, including seven women, surrendered in this Chhattisgarh district on Sunday, police said.
Most of the surrendered Naxals are lower rung ultras allegedly involved in murder, loot and attacks on police.
A video of a government school teacher in Chhattisgarh's Jashpur district getting body massage from students has gone viral.
Those arrested were identified as Sonay Potai (32), associated with the military wing of Maoists, and Soni Potai, an area committee member.
The matter came to fore after a trainee deputy superintendent of police lodged a complaint of harassment against her trainer Neelkanth Sahu.
A naxal was today gunned down in an exchange of fire with security forces in the dense forests of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, police said.
Four Naxals, including a 'commander-rank' woman cadre, were on Wednesday gunned down while a jawan was injured in an encounter between security personnel and the ultras in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district.
The Naxals carried out an attack near the 9th battalion of the Chhattisgarh Armed Forces (CAF) at Kurrajohar village in Narayanpur district.
Women commandos are active in about 300 villages in the district's Gunderdehi, Gurur and Balod development blocks.
A 60-year-old woman was allegedly raped at an old age home in Chhattisgarh's Raipur district, police said.
Security forces on Sunday recovered a powerful 40-kg improvised explosive device (IED), planted by Maoists eight years back in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district on National Highway 63, police said.
A CoBRA jawan was killed and another injured in a fierce gun-battle with Naxals in a dense forest pocket of Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Saturday, police said.
- Is Hindutva a religion or way of life? SC revisits verdict
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- J&K: China's flags recovered from terror hideouts in Baramullah, Kupwara
- Shocking! Nursery schools now costlier than IITs
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Brave lady sub-inspector saves girl from kidnapping in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Fire safety norms not followed in many hospitals of India
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player
- Virender Sehwag's birthday wish to Sunny Deol is as funny as it gets from the Twitter guru
- #KarwaChauth: Harbhajan Singh's hilarious tweet for all husbands will leave you in splits!
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- Dear Zindagi teaser: Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt will make you celebrate life—Watch now
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth
- Wife of national Kabaddi player commits suicide, leaves message blaming husband of torture
- Mumbai on alert after IndiGo pilot spots 'drone' near city airport
- Congress MLA suspended for remarks against Rahul Gandhi, says `I can't call a donkey a horse`
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants