Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti said the Centre has convened a meeting of Chief Secretaries of Odisha and Chhattisgarh on Friday to consider various issues concerning water and projects in the Mahanadi Basin.
Jogi also trained his guns on the ruling BJP and alleged that the ruling party was also speaking in favour of Odisha.
As many as 12 Naxals, including two women, today surrendered in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district citing disappointment with the "empty" ideology of the outlawed CPI (Maoist), police said.
Police retaliated and the gunfight lasted for nearly an hour before rebels broke off and retreated into the deep jungles.
Naxals opened fire on a joint team of district police and the CRPF in a forest near Tumrel village, under the Pamed police station jurisdiction, an official said.
A tribal girl with a tragic past has made it to the Indira Gandhi Agricultural University in Raipur with the help of Chhattisgarh Government`s scheme for the Naxal-affected children.
Assistant Constable killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district.
Three Naxals, one of them allegedly involved in the 2013 Jiram valley attack that left 31 people, including several prominent Congress leaders, dead, were on Sunday arrested in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, police said.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has suggested raising a 'Dandakaranya' battalion on the lines of the Naga regiment of Indian Army to facilitate entry of tribal youths from Maoist-hit Bastar in the armed forces.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself from his service rifle at his camp in the Naxal violence affected Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
Officials said that constable Tejvir Singh (32) of the 217th battalion of the force allegedly shot himself with his official INSA rifle at the Central Reserve Police Force camp in Konta area.
Three Naxals were today killed in a gun battle with security forces, which took place after the forces launched an operation to capture a Maoist commander who was said to be in the area.
Raman Singh govt to take stern steps to control pollution
The PIL claims that she was not a Naxal, and demands a special investigation team and a judicial inquiry, along with compensation of Rs 20 lakh for the family.
Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi was a member of the Congress Working Committee.
The thick forested northern Chhattisgarh, comprising Surguja, Korba, Raigarh, Jashpur and Korea districts, are notorious for human-elephant conflicts.
Where there is a will, there is a way - this inspiring proverb has yet again been proved right by Sunil Lakda, a tribal student from Chhattisgarh's Sarbuja village, who fought against all odds to achieve the feat of cracking the IITJEE exam courtesy the Chhattisgarh Government's 'Prayas Programme' - a special coaching initiative of the state's tribal welfare department.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh was on Saturday all gaga about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rule at the Centre, saying the latter has brought in `magical change` in the entire nation in the last two years.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday appealed to Maoists to shun violence and join peace talks, saying if they give up arms, the government was ready to discuss all their demands.
Tribal girl Savitri Kashyap, who conquered all obstacles in life, cracked IITJEE, one of the toughest exams in the country.
Jogi had recently announced the formation of a new party in Chhattisgarh.
At least eight Maoist guerrillas were killed and many others injured in a gunfight with police in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, a senior police officer said. Three police personnel were also injured.
In a grisly incident, a 45-year-old woman was allegedly beheaded by her nephew on suspicion that she practiced "witchcraft" in a village in Chhattisgarh's Korba district, police said today.
Police suspect that some Naxals might have also been injured or killed in the gun battle as blood stains were found at the spot.
In a rare gesture aimed at bridging the gap between the VIPs and the common folks, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh became a ' personal guide' for around hundred children from Chhattisgarh's Naxal-infested Kondagaon region and took them for a tour of his residence.
More than 600 rounds of ammunition were fired from both sides, ANI reported citing ITBP.
The announcement marks the culmination of the long-drawn factionalism within the Chhatisgarh party unit led by Bhupesh Baghel.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday sought to play down the significance of party leader and former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi charting out an independent course, saying only his "wife, son and an MLA" are with him and called his exit as "good" for the organisation.
"Only people like me and Amit Jogi, who don't fear anything, can fight Raman Singh government."
Life seems to be back on track in Jeeram Ghati region of Chhattisgarh's Bastar district, three years after the deadly attack by the Naxals on the convoy of Congress leadership, with development replacing fear among the people.
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part-II
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part III
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump
- Yahoo nears sale of core assets to Verizon for $5 billion: Report
- Rio Olympic Village officially opens
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids