Maoists detonated five serial IED blasts and fired indiscriminately at the team of CAF (Chhattisgarh Armed Force) but none was injured in insurgency-hit Bijapur district. The rebels exploded landmines between Bodli and Bhairamgarh under Bhairamgarh police station limits while a CAF's squad was patrolling in the region to ensure security to the Geedam-
Chhattisgarh Home Minister Ram Sevak Paikra was severely injured in a road accident on Wednesday late night when he was on his way to Surajpur after addressing a rally in Ambikapur district.
An unusual incident has come to the fore from Chhattisgarh's Korea district.
Congress has sought an explanation from former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi over alleged "fixing" of a bypoll, an issue that has seen the expulsion of his son Amit Jogi from the party last month.
According to police these Naxals were involved in several incidents.
The AAP leader has accused IG SRP Kalluri of instigating Bastar residents for the threat letters, the online news portal pradesh18.com reported.
Four persons, including a minor girl, were killed in an accident involving two motorcycles in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said
One Naxalite has been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kanker District of Chhattisgarh in early morning hours today.
A muzzle loading gun, 11 iron rods, loudspeaker, wireless receiver, electric wire and other material were recovered from the Naxals.
“If I die, nobody will call me a prostitute anymore.” These were the last words of the rape victim in Bhilai, who committed suicide after a one-year-long legal battle and taunts from locals.
Three Naxals, including two women, were on Saturday gunned down by security forces at two different places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar division.
Chhattisgarh has constituted a post of Special DGP to effectively combat Left Wing Extremism in the state .
Last evening, Kamla had gone to the accused's place where they had consumed liquor together and an altercation broke out between them over the issue (miscarriage of the first child).
A CRPF jawan on Saturday injured in a pressure bomb blast laid by naxals on an under-construction route in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Dantewada district, police said.
A Naxalite commander carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was killed in an encounter with police in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district
Recently, Jagdalpur- the biggest town in south Chhattisgarh – was the venue for a special wedding.
A new audio tape containing purported conversations between Chhattisgarh Congress president Bhupesh Baghel and Firoz Siddhiqui, a former loyalist of ex-Chief Minister Ajit Jogi, has surfaced.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that the World was looking at India with a sense of hope.
Over 6000 youths from across the country will gather at the upcoming-capital Naya Raipur of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday for the 20th National Youth Festival.
The Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee (CPCC) has written a letter to the Director General of Police (DGP), demanding security for its leaders in wake of the audio-tape controversy and the action taken by the party against Amit Jogi.
Naxals allegedly set on fire four vehicles of a private firm engaged in a road construction work in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh on Friday, police said.
Three abducted Pune students have been released by Maoists and are said to be safe at Chintalnar police camp. All three youths were on a bicycle tour when they were abducted from Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh.
These students, from Pune, were on a peace tour of Maharashtra, Odisha and Chhattisgarh. The students were supposed to reach Malkangiri in Odisha on January 10.
Chhattisgarh police have been accused of roping in innocent villagers to surrender before the cameras for cheap publicity.
The Election Commission has ordered probe over allegations that that money exchanged hands to ensure that the BJP won the Antagarh assembly byelection in 2014.
The Congress on Wednesday demanded that Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh resign over an allegation that money was offered to a Congress candidate to make him withdraw from the fray in an Assembly election.
The Congress also demanded a probe into the matter.
BJP has retained the Naxal-hit Antagarh constituency in Chhattisgarh with its candidate Bhojraj Naag winning the bypoll in 2014.
Altogether 23 cadres, including 3 women, turned themselves in before senior police and administrative officials.
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Family-run business vs professionally-run business
- JNU turns into political battleground
- Railway changes online ticketing rules, effective February 15
- Mumbai: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Make in India week
- JNU row: Anand Sharma attacked by AVBP students
- Financial crisis leads politician to kill wife, kids and self!
- Shashi Tharoor questioned for five hours by Delhi Police
- Two BJP leaders killed in 12 hours in Bihar
- Bihar RJD legislator Raj Ballabh Yadav booked in rape case of minor
- PM Modi to launch 'Make in India' week in Mumbai
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- Afzal Guru row: Modi government terrified of weak Indian people who raise their voice, says Rahul Gandhi at JNU
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis record 38th straight win, storm into St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy semis