Two rebels were gunned down by security forces in restive Abhujmad area of Narayanpur district last night, IG (Bastar Range) SRP Kalluri told PTI over phone.
Ahead of the weekly market, a constable accidentally came in contact with a pressure bomb planted by the Maoists that exploded injuring him.
Naxals on Tuesday set on fire at least 20 vehicles and machines engaged in mining work in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Two security personnel, one of them belonging to Central Reserve Police Force's specialised unit CoBRA, were injured in a pressure bomb blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Tuesday, police said.
Four Naxals, including a woman, were arrested in Chhattisgarh's Maoist-hit Kanker district on Tuesday.
Naxals torched a private travel bus in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, after asking its passengers to alight on Tuesday.
Naxals on Sunday set on fire a bus after asking its occupants to alight in Dantewada district.
Four women Naxalswere killed in a gun battle in Sukma District on Sunday morning.
In a detailed order, government announced rehabilitation packages for surrendered naxals and those who have been affected by it, state Home Minister Ramsevak Paikra said.
The polling for a single municipal corporation in the state was held on November 16 in which about 65 per cent of the 78,707 voters had exercised their franchise.
The operation was based on the information about the location of Maoist commander Hidma, who is the head of 1st military battalion of Naxals, in the region.
Bhilai's prestige is set to get enhanced further with the setting up of the Indian Institute of Technology this year.
About 60 percent of the 78,707 registered voters exercised their franchise in Birgaon Municipal Corporation.
Two wanted Naxals were arrested in a joint operation by local police and BSF in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
Seven Maoists have surrendered in insurgency hit Sukma district of Chhattisharh.
He further expressed concern over the safety of children, referring to the death of five students during their school sponsored tour in Chhattisgarh's Gariyaband.
The training centre transforms a police personnel into a commando in 45 days who can take on Naxalites in a rough terrain.
Those districts where tehsils have been categorised drought-hit are Bemetara, Kawardha, Janjgir-Champa, Bastar, Kondagaon, Kanker, Kanker district and Narayanpur.
Three Maoists were gunned down by the security forces in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district on Tuesday.
Condemning the alleged rape of tribal women in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district by security forces last month, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday said such incidents would only worsen the problem of Naxalism in the state.
Naxals set ablaze a bus after asking its passengers to alight and also fired at another bus in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, police said on Friday.
Three Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans were today injured when a pressure bomb planted by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district exploded, police said.
A 30-year-old man allegedly killed his wife and her paramour in Chhattisgarh.
A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon at the paramilitary camp in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said today.
A CRPF jawan was killed and another was injured in a Maoist attack in Sukma district on Sunday evening.
A CRPF jawan was killed in a gun battle with naxals in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A Maoist couple carrying cash reward on their heads, today surrendered along with weapons here citing disappointment with the "anti-people" activities by the outlawed CPI (Maoist) in Bastar, police said.
In an unique example of communal harmony, a Muslim man has been presiding over Durga Puja celebrations in Chhattisgarh's Raigarh district for the past 23 years.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ranvijay Singh Judeo's younger brother, who was wanted in an attempt to murder case, has been arrested from the forests of Chhattisgarh's tribal-dominated Jashpur district, police said on Friday.
With a key Maoist unit in Bastar plagued by infighting and killing of its senior leader, the police is leaving no stone unturned to gain control of the areas.
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: Rimi Sen to get evicted?
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Watch: Purification in Maharashtra's Shani temple after woman breaks tradition
- History will judge captain Virat Kohli, says critical Bishen Singh Bedi