Six Naxals including a couple were arrested on Tuesday from separate places in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Dantewada district, police said.
A gun-battle took place between CoBRA forces and Naxalites in a dense forest of Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district today, police said.
A five-year-old kindergarten student was allegedly raped by a school director in the Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said here on Thursday.
A 45-year-old man who was an active member of the now-disbanded Salwa Judum was shot dead by suspected Naxalites in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district, police said on Wednesday.
Security forces seized a huge cache of Maoist-related materials after a gun-battle with the insurgents in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district, a police official said here on Sunday.
A Special Task Force (STF) official was killed and a jawan injured when naxals ambushed a team of security forces in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district on Saturday, police said.
They are trained to supervise law and order operations and counter insurgency, but the CRPF personnel, in a novel initiative, are helping farmers in ploughing their fields through tractors to win the hearts of tribals in Chhattisgarh's worst Naxal-hit Sukma district.
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday pointed out "deficiencies" into the probe of a nun's alleged rape in Chhattisgarh in June and sought action taken report from top authorities of the state government on its recommendations within six weeks.
Four Naxalites, including a couple carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh each, were on Thursday arrested from separate villages in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said.
A group of activists on Tuesday claimed that the Salwa Judum movement is "making a comeback" in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, and alleged that it was being done to drive away the tribal people from their land.
Security forces busted a Maoist camp after a fierce gun battle in Chhattisgarh's insurgency- hit Kanker district, a day ahead of Independence Day, police official said here on Friday.
A Class VI student was allegedly molested by a peon at a government school in Chhattisgarh's Korba district, police said on Friday.
Introduction of modern day best practices of agriculture, adapted to Indian needs, has potential to boost Chhattisgarh's economy in a big way, a senior minister from the state has said.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked petitioners seeking a court-monitored CBI probe into the public distribution system (PDS) scam in Chhattisgarh to approach the high court as it was in a better position to address the issue.
With five of the 27 districts in Chhattisgarh receiving less than average rainfall so far, the state government has asked officials to ensure water supply for standing crops and allow pumping of water from rivers.
Seven Maoist cadres were arrested from separate places in the insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, a police official said here on Monday.
Four vehicles engaged in construction work were set ablaze allegedly by Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district today.
Four naxals were on Friday arrested during a joint search operation in the insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh Friday admitted that the problem of Naxalism is putting a huge dent into the GDP of Chhattisgarh, as the government has to spend huge amount of money towards rebuilding infrastructure and inducting police personnel.
The decade-long desertion of Bhejji has now come to an end as its natives, who fled the village in the aftermath of Salwa Judum militia clash, have started returning and resettling in one of the worst Naxal-hit places in Chhattisgarh.
Three Maoists, carrying cash reward of Rs 1 lakh on their heads, on Wednesday surrendered in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kondagaon district, police said.
An Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to have planted by Maoists, was on Wednesday recovered from a road in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said.
In a major crackdown on the outlawed CPI (Maoist), 26 Naxals?have been arrested from different places in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district over past three days, police said on Wednesday.
A dummy candidate has allegedly appeared in place of state Education Minister Kedar Kashyap's wife for a post-graduation exam conducted by an open university held in Bastar district Tuesday.
Maoists on Tuesday blew up a bridge over a rivulet in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district, severing the road link between the district headquarters town and the strategically important Sarkeguda village, police said.
The Chhattisgarh Government is committed to protection of cows and no slaughter house will be allowed to come up in the BJP-ruled State, Chief Minister Raman Singh on Tuesday said.
Naxals stormed into a mining region of the state-run NMDC in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district and set ablaze a drill machine and a vehicle, police said today.
In a first, hundreds of women, including victims of naxal violence, have snubbed the naxals publicly and taken out a rally opposing their 'Martyrs Week' in Chhattisgarh's worst insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A forest range officer was suspended and two other officials were transferred after a 35-year-old farmer committed suicide allegedly due to delay in getting compensation for his crop which was destroyed by elephants last year in Chhattisgarh's Korba district.
Three Maoists, including two women, were gunned down in an encounter with security personnel at Tandiki forest area close to the Malkangiri-Chhattisgarh border on Friday, police said.
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Sheena murder: Police recover suitcase, was Mikhail Indrani's next target?
- Senior IAS officer Rajiv Mehrishi to replace LC Goyal as Union Home Secretary
- Has Pakistan forgotten its history of losses at the hands of India? - Part II
- Government should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I hated my daughter Sheena Bora because she threatened to reveal my secrets: Indrani Mukerjea
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: How Indrani's four attempts to kill Mikhail failed
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev
- 'Dheere Dheere' reprise: Love song beautifully recreated with Sonam Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan