Security in the naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
Security in the Naxal-affected Bastar region of Chhattisgarh has been intensified in the view of a call given by Maoists to observe a 'martyrdom week' from tomorrow, police said on Monday.
The Chhattisgarh police on Saturday claimed to have busted an alleged Maoist urban support network, with the arrest of five people including a Raipur-based scrap businessman, from separate places.
The Raman Singh-led government comfortably defeated the no-confidence motion moved by the main opposition Congress in the Chhattisgarh Assembly by 13 votes.
The Centre on Friday said it will not set up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the alleged Rs 36,000 crore PDS rice scam in Chhattisgarh.
Opposition Congress on Thursday staged walkout from Chhattisgarh Assembly twice to protest against government's decision to rationalise state-run schools and outsourcing to fill vacant posts of school teachers.
As many as many as 243 cases of human trafficking were reported from the state since 2010, including 17 cases of selling girls and women through New Delhi-based placement firm agencies, Chhattisgarh Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra informed the Assembly here on Wednesday.
As many as 22,949 cases of exploitation of women have been registered in Chhattisgarh in past four years, state Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra informed the Assembly on Wednesday.
As many as 63 people died in Chhattisgarh in wild animal attacks including those by elephants in past one year, Forest Minister Mahesh Gagda told the State Assembly on Wednesday.
Chhattisgarh government has given nod for prosecution of two IAS officers allegedly involved in a "scam" in the Civil Supplies Corporation and sent a proposal to the Centre seeking its approval to move ahead in the case.
Opposition Congress on Tuesday moved a no-confidence motion against the Raman Singh government in Chhattisgarh Assembly, stating that it had lost confidence in the BJP-led dispensation over a "series of developments", including the multi-crore PDS scam.
The first day of the Monsoon session of Chhattisgarh Assembly witnessed uproarious scenes with the Opposition Congress demanding discussion on the alleged scam in state civil supplies department and also seeking a CBI probe into it.
In a quest to create a 'Digital India', the people from down-trodden families in Chhattisgarh, particularly women, will soon be imparted the basic knowledge of computers under the Centre's e-literacy project.
In what could set alarm bells ringing for police in Chhattisgarh, particularly in Bastar, the Maoists are reportedly planning to intensify activities during the forthcoming "martyrdom week" when they pay tributes to their slain leaders.
Four persons, including a Janpad Panchayat member, were arrested for allegedly molesting a teenaged girl at a government-run hostel in Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
Union Women and Child Welfare Minister Maneka Gandhi on Thursday inaugurated a 'One stop Centre' for women who have been victims of various kinds of violence.
In what may spell trouble for the Raman Singh government, a petition was filed in the Supreme Court on Thursday demanding a CBI robe into the alleged scam in the Public distribution System (PDS) in Chhattisgarh.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi will visit Chhattisgarh on Wednesday to inaugurate the newly-constructed 'One-Stop Centre' -?that is being touted as the first of its kind in the country -for women who are victims of violence.
Union Minister Maneka Gandhi will visit Chhattisgarh on Wednesday to inaugurate the newly-constructed 'One-Stop Centre' -?that is being touted as the first of its kind in the country -?for women who are victims of violence.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday condemned the killing of four police officers by Maoists in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur area saying that the main aim of the Naxalites is to spread terror.
The killing of four policemen in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district is an "act of cowardice" and shows the frustration of Naxals over the action being taken by the administration against them, Chief Minister Raman Singh said here on Wednesday.
Yet another bloody chapter was added to the fight between the government and Naxals in the jungles of Chhattisgarh after the outlawed ultras have killed four policemen they had abducted on July 13 from Kutru in Bijapur district.
Maoist guerrillas have abducted four police personnel at gun point in Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district, police said on Tuesday.
The Chhattisgarh Police is making hectic efforts to trace six police officials abducted by a group of armed Naxals from the insurgency-hit Bijapur district.
Two CRPF personnel, including an assistant sub-inspector, were today injured in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district.
Two CRPF personnel, including an assistant sub-inspector, were on Monday injured in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district.
A Special Task Force (STF) jawan was on Sunday injured in a gun-battle between security personnel and ultras in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district, police said.
In a bizarre incident, a government school teacher in Korea district of Chhattisgarh wrote 'Daaru Piyo' (consume liquor) on blackboard and asked the students to repeat it after him.
A Chhattishgarh-based woman Maoist was on Saturday arrested by Odisha Police while her associate, who was briefly detained by the police allegedly committed suicide fearing attack by ultras, a senior police officer said.
Security forces have busted a transit Naxal camp following a fierce gun-battle with ultras and recovered a cache of materials used in making explosives in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Kondagaon district, police said on Thursday.
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- APJ Abdul Kalam: 10 Things you don't know about his life
- Anushka Sharma faces Twitter backlash for posting APJ Abdul Kalam's name wrongly
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Punjab terror attack: Is there a 'China' angle?
- Gurdaspur terror attack: 14-second CCTV video footage of three terrorists recovered
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report