Continuing his support for Bollywood actor Aamir Khan whose "intolerance" remarks triggered controversy, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said he is proud of him.
Effective policing and lack of adequate number of police personnel at the airport here encourage touts and illegal activities, bringing a bad name to the country, a Delhi court said on Wednesday holding an auto driver guilty of alluring passengers outside the arrival hall.
The Delhi Commission for Women on Tuesday issued a notice to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (police control room) over poor response of the 'PCR 100' helpline number.
Slamming OP Sharma for using derogatory remark against AAP legislator Alka Lamba, Delhi Assembly Speaker Ramniwas Goel on Tuesday said the BJP MLA's "shameful act" has violated the decorum of House.
A group of persons allegedly vandalised the car of Aam Aadmi Party MLA Sharad Chauhan after a scuffle between them and the men accompanying the Narela legislator at outer Delhi's Bakoli village, police said on Tuesday.
BJP lawmaker OP Sharma was suspended from the Delhi Assembly for making derogatory remarks about his AAP counterpart Alka Lamba in an incident that led to uproar in the house.
Lawyers of Karkardooma district courts in Delhi on Tuesday abstained from work protesting against implementation of an ordinance to set up commercial benches in high courts to deal with business disputes of over Rs one crore.
A Delhi court noted that driving a vehicle in a drunken condition not only endangers the life of the driver but also the life of other road users.
At the launch event, SDMC's Chairman Standing Committee Radhey Shyam Sharma said,"We have simplifying the license process.
The outstanding cases for ex-parte cases per zone are City (110), Sadar Pahargaj (603), Karol Bagh (1,030), Civil Lines (3,094), Rohini (15,169) and Narela (4,621), total adding up to 24,627 cases, the NDMC said.
Srivastava and his family had hired the auto rickshaw from Anand Vihar railway station after deboarding a train in the wee hours of Saturday, heading for their accommodation in west Delhi's Janakpuri area, said police.
Niwas Goel said that the Special Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) has assured that such problem will not occur in future.
Kalam's brother said the centre may be used for higher education and research for school students and youth.
CM Arvind Kejriwal said his government has achieved more than what Sheila Dikshit's dispensation did in 15 years and even outperformed the NDA at Centre.
Arvind Kejriwal will remain Aam Aadmi Party's convenor till May 15, the party announced.
The Delhi High Court on Monday sought a reply from the central and Delhi governments and police on a PIL seeking better management of traffic jams caused by VIP movements here.
Around 40 suspended AAP members and about 100 party members not invited to its National Council meeting on Monday staged a protest outside the venue.
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal on Monday claimed that the party is not in the race for 2019 elections and asked its members to not run after polls even as he indicated that the party could get a Delhi-like opportunity in Punjab.
A couple and their three children were on Monday burnt to death in a major fire that broke out in a shanty in west Delhi, the Delhi Fire Service said.
The incident was also recorded by someone, which later went viral on media.
The woman in her complaint at Mehrauli police station said that she worked as a domestic maid.
The incident took place at the Yamuna Bank station around 6.10 p.m.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has said that cleaning a city like Delhi is not rocket science, but issues occur when jurisdictions overlap.
The founding members who were expelled in April this year were to be replaced by new members.
At the event, the Union minister also did a virtual inauguration of a 500-tonne capacity construction and demolition waste management plant at Shahstri Park in east Delhi.
Delhi Chief Minister on Sunday announced that his government will organise 'Car-Free Day' across the national capital on January 22.
Yogendra Yadav, who was expelled from Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), said it was not mere hugging, but the defeat of ideals to form a bloc against the BJP.
Ahead of AAP's National Council meeting next week, the party has sent out an invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan even as his son Prashant claimed many leaders were being suspended before the event and questioned the transparency in the organisation.
The incident happened when Amanatullah Khan was heading back home after attending a function.
The Delhi government is likely to extend the ongoing Winter Session to allow passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill which was cleared by the cabinet earlier this week.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- BJP's Kailash Vijayvargiya verbally attacks Aamir Khan
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis