In a first, the Delhi government on Thursday notified a policy regarding protection of witnesses with provisions for a protection fund and processing of such requests by competent authority.
Stressing the need for speedy action under the Swachh Bharat Mission, the urban development ministry has decided to install 480 public toilet seats at 80 locations in Delhi in the next three months.
Against the backdrop St Stephen's molestation row, the college's principal Valson Thampu today met senior UGC officials and hailed their "support" for the institute.
Parts of the national capital received light rain on Thursday while the weather remained pleasant and the maximum temperature settled three notches below the season`s average at 31.3 degrees Celsius. The city is likely to get more showers on Friday, the Met Office said.
St Stephen's research scholar who was allegedly molested by a college professor today warned him and college principal Valson Thampu of legal action if they do not facilitate disbursal of her stipend, access to her compounds and computational data within seven days.
Delhi High Court on Thursday dismissed the pleas of Congress MPs Ambika Soni and Kumari Selja challenging government orders to evict them from large bungalows in Lutyens' Delhi, ruing that they had attempted to give "political overtones" to the matter.
Congress on Thursday accused Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of "manufacturing crises to hide his failures" as it slammed Delhi government for not sending any representatives to an "important" Joint Cadre Control Authority (JCCA) meeting.
A case has been registered here against a cab driver for allegedly molesting a 20-year-old US national in Delhi.
The Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have busted a fake admission scam running across Delhi University (DU) colleges with the arrest of four people, officials said.
Under Swachh Bharat Mission, 480 public toilets will be installed at 80 different locations in Delhi in the next three months.
An alert has been sounded here following 1993 Mumbai serial blast convict Yakub Memon`s hanging in Nagpur jail on Thursday.
Twenty-one Nepali women, who were set to be sent to Dubai for the sex trade on the pretext of getting jobs, have been rescued following the arrest of two men involved in human trafficking, Delhi Police said on Wednesday.
Aam Aadmi Party MLA from Sangam Vihar Dinesh Mohaniya today took charge as the new Vice-Chairman of Delhi Jal Board (DJB).
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday slammed app-based cab service Ola for not complying with the ban imposed on it and asked the city government to "strictly enforce" the injunction.
Delhi University on Wednesday said the new demands raised by St Stephen's research scholar who was allegedly molested by college professor including appointment of a female supervisor and getting her compounds and computational data back, are "highly unreasonable".
The Delhi University's Teachers Association (DUTA) on Wednesday accused Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh of defying government order regarding the freeze on appointments three months before his tenure ends.
Lawmakers now can again enjoy their smoke in Parliament House.
Police on Wednesday claimed to have busted a recruitment racket that duped unemployed youths of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of giving them Railway jobs, with the arrest of its kingpin from Civic Centre in Kamla Market area here.
In a fresh salvo, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal accused the Narendra Modi government of transferring two of his best officers out of the state.
Overcast conditions today offered relief to Delhiites and led the maximum and minimum temperatures to settle within comfortable levels.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government to file a status report with details of money spent by it on advertisements following a Supreme Court direction on the issue.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday congratulated Anshu Gupta and Sanjiv Chaturvedi for wining the Magsaysay awards this year.
Aiming at beefing up security in the city following growing attacks on women, Delhi High Court on Wednesday rapped the Centre for "dragging its feet" on inducting more personnel in the city police and directed it to take a final decision within four weeks.
The Narendra Modi government is focussed on youth-led development of the country, Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Sarbananda Sonowal said on Wednesday.
In a politically significant move, leader of Kerala's numerically strong Ezhava community Vellapally Natesan today met BJP president Amit Shah and discussed with him the "political situation" in the state.
A Delhi court has refused to quash summons against a Hindu Mahasabha leader for allegedly defaming a priest during a news channel's debate, saying it was prima facie clear that he had made the imputations with the intention to harm the complainant's reputation.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought response from the Centre on a plea seeking 'martyr' status for paramilitary and police personnel who sacrifice their lives in the line of duty, on par with army, navy and air force.
Delhi government Wednesday announced that it will introduce the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) model in an improved form in the national capital.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) chief MK Meena on a petition filed by Aam Aadmi Party government seeking initiation of contempt proceedings against him for allegedly violating the court`s order by removing an SHO of the anti-corruption body.
The Delhi government on Tuesday filed a plea in the high court seeking initiation of contempt proceedings against Delhi's Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) chief MK Meena for allegedly violating the court's order by removing an officer of the anti-graft agency.
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- ISIS preparing to attack India, readying for 'final battle': Report
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Taliban leader Mullah Omar is dead: Reports
- Stage set for Yakub Memon's execution; hangman arrives in Nagpur jail
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses Modi govt of transferring two of his 'best officers' out of Delhi
- Huma Qureshi cool with Rishi Kapoor's joke on her