Chhatra Yuva Sangharsh Samiti (CYSS), the Aam Aadmi Party's (AAP) student wing, on Sunday announced the names of its candidates for the Delhi University Students Union polls to be held next month.
A 17-year-old MBBS student allegedly committed suicide early Sunday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan in her hostel room in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here, police said.
AAP on Sunday charged that the BJP-led NDA government had "finally accepted its mistake" over the Land Bill issue after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the Centre would not be further re-promulgating the Land Ordinance after it expires tomorrow.
For the third time in a row, the students union polls of Jawaharlal Nehru University will clash with that of Delhi University students Union Polls which are scheduled on September 11.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday launched a one-time amnesty scheme for lakhs of electricity consumers in the city who had not cleared their dues because of various reasons ranging from inflated bills to power theft.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kerjriwal on Sunday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to intervene and allow cancellation of agreements with power companies, saying they are selling electricity at higher rates.
A 16-year-old schoolgirl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by her two classmates, police said today.
Any file which lands up at Jawaharlal Nehru University Vice Chancellor's desk for his approval is now greeted with a stamp which says "kindly send through e-office system", a move aimed at ensuring paperless administration.
Nearly two months after an Iranian boat with suspicious movement was seized off the Kerala coast, India has moved Interpol to seek details from Iran about the 12 people on board the vessel and secured a 'Blue Corner' notice in this regard.
Hardik Patel, who is leading mass agitation in Gujarat demanding reservation for Patel community, on Sunday said that he is not a politician and denied allegations that political parties are part of the movement.
A first-year MBBS student was found hanging in her room in the girls hostel in AIIMS campus in the wee hours on Sunday.
If Delhi Metro has its way, offices in National Capital Region (NCR), both private and government, may have to tweak office timings to deal with burgeoning peak hour crowd, as part of the 'flexi timing' concept.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will on Sunday launch a settlement scheme for electricity bill disputes.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday went to holy town Haridwar to celebrate Raksha Bandhan and spend some time with his sister Dr Ranjana Gupta.
Tripta Thapar, mother of Kargil martyr Captain Vijyant Thapar, on Saturday tied Rakhis to the ex-servicemen, who are protesting against the delay in implementation of the One Rank One Policy (OROP), at Jantar Mantar here.She also expressed her disappointment over the delay in the implementation of OROP.
The Delhi High Court on Friday sought the Delhi government's response on a plea alleging that over 1.5 lakh old aged destitute have not been paid pension of Rs 1000 per month by the municipal bodies here.
Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed a plea of one of the December 16 gangrape case convict seeking seizure of BBC documentary 'India's Daughter', apprehending it could be used against him during his appeal pending in Supreme Court against his conviction and sentence.
Left-affiliated Democratic Teachers' Front (DTF) candidate Nandita Narain was re-elected as the president of Delhi University Teachers' Association (DUTA) here on Friday.
To honour India's former president APJ Abdul Kalam, Delhi's popular Aurangzeb Road will soon be renamed after him, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Friday.
Delhi Law Minister Kapil Mishra Friday urged Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to order an FIR against former chief minister Sheila Dikshit and others in connection with an alleged scam in hiring water tankers which caused a loss of Rs 400 crore to the state exchequer.
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Wednesday conducted a surprise check at a government school in the national capital and found that teachers were missing, blackboards damaged and students sitting on carpet.
In order to control onion prices, Delhi government will send vans carrying the kitchen staple from four wholesale markets to all 70 Assembly constituencies on Friday.
St Stephen's professor who has been accused of sexual harassment by a PhD scholar has written to Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, alleging that due procedures are not being followed in probing the complaint and the committee is under pressure to rule against him.
The AAP government today told Delhi High Court that Lieutenant Governor (LG) was not the elected government of Delhi and was required to act on the aid and advice of the council of ministers.
Women can enjoy free travel in non-AC buses of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and (orange) cluster buses on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
A 68-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death with a blunt object after being robbed of cash and jewellery at her residence in central Delhi's Paharganj area on Wednesday.
The gang war inside a moving prison van which claimed the lives two inmates took a new twist with Delhi Police and Tihar authorities on Wednesday trying to pass the buck at each other.
Delhi government on Tuesday approved the implementation of e-office in all its departments and autonomous bodies in a time bound manner, becoming the first state government to do so.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will go to Bihar tomorrow to address a state function on Nitish Kumar's invitation.
Paras Goldy and Pradeep Bhola, both lead members of the Neetu Dabodia gang, had dodged death once each while in custody before meeting their fates in yesterday's gang war inside a moving prison van, the police said today.
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Bihar polls: Lalu Yadav offers 5 seats to Mulayam Yadav
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Sania Mirza receives Khel Ratna; Arjuna, Dronacharya, Dhyand Chand awards also handed
- Syrian refugee's photo selling pens goes viral, raises over $70,000 in donations
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Dawood Ibrahim’s latest business interest is `blood diamonds`