Taking the ongoing feud between the AAP Government and Najeeb Jung to a new level, the latter on Tuesday issued a circular to all departments and ministries clarifying that all files related to the government except for land, public order and police need not be sent to the Lieutenant Governor.
The stand-off between the ruling AAP and Lt Governor Najeeb Jung continued on Tueday as the Delhi government slammed the latter for "not consulting" it before giving his nod to prosecute party MLA Somnath Bharti in connection with the Khirki Extension midnight raid case.
A court here on Tuesday dismissed the plea of former parliamentarian Dhananjay Singh's wife Jagriti Singh seeking to also prosecute her two domestic helps for the murder of Rakhi Bhadra, a charge she is being tried for.
In view of the heavy inflow of 'kanwarias' into Ghaziabad, police here have announced major restrictions that will hit the traffic going from and to Delhi.
A BJP member of Lok Sabha on Tuesday said the suspension of 25 Congress MPs should be welcomed by the House as the decision by the Speaker was as per the rule book and taken after exercising "utmost restraint".
A day after AAP legislator Somnath Bharti's "beautiful women" remark kicked up a controversy, Delhi Legislative Assembly Speaker Ram Niwas Goel expunged the word, saying there was a scope for "misinterpretation".
Former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti's controversial "beautiful women" comments were on Tuesday condemned by various political parties and women rights activists while AAP appeared to distance itself from the remarks by its senior legislator.
Several areas of the national capital witnessed light to normal rainfall on Tuesday evening, the Met office said. The showers also resulted in traffic jams in various parts of the city.
Congress on Tuesday declared the list of its candidates for the forthcoming Delhi University Teachers' Association (DUTA) elections.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC)'s two-day-long public hearing on power tariff fixation began on Tuesday in the midst of steep opposition from a number of AAP MLAs and representatives of Residents' Welfare Associations here against any hike.
As part of its efforts to augment transport infrastructure, the AAP government on Tuesday has decided to run trams in several walled city areas including Lal Quila, Jama Masjid and Old Delhi Railway Station.
The Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chairperson Swati Maliwal on Tuesday deprecated society's attitude to prostitution, which she said supports "rape" of sex workers.
The St Stephen's research scholar who has alleged that she was sexually harassed by a professor on Tuesday sought HRD Minister Smriti Irani's intervention for the removal of the college's principal Valson Thampu as she accused him of "manipulating evidence".
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday dismissed a plea by two of the four death row convicts in the December 16, 2012, gang-rape-cum-murder case of a 23-year-old girl to provide true copies of articles used for DNA testing during the investigation of the case, terming it ridiculous.
Accusing the Aam Aadmi Party of politicising the issue of women's safety, Congress on Tuesday said the Delhi Government convening the special Assembly Session to discuss security concerns was a "big joke" on women.
Delhi High Court on Tuesday declined to issue an immediate order on AAP government's plea seeking lodging of a case against LG-appointed Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) chief MK Meena for not receiving a complaint made by an SDM against some DDA officials while they were allegedly accepting bribe.
BJP chief Satish Upadhyay on Tuesday criticised Somnath Bharti's 'safer Delhi for beautiful women' remark, saying the AAP MLA has a prolonged history of making such statements and his attitude towards women has always been derogatory.
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia Tuesday visited the walled city to revive the Shahjahanabad redevelopment plan which was cleared in 2007 by the previous government for giving a facelift to old Delhi area but later put on the backburner.
A sessions court here has set aside the one-year jail term given to a man for beating and torturing his wife for dowry, saying the alleged cruelty has not been proved as there were contradictions in the woman's testimony.
Ignoring AAP government's view, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has given his nod to prosecute former Delhi law minister and party MLA Somnath Bharti in connection with alleged misbehaviour with African women during a midnight raid in south Delhi in January, 2014.
A 30-year-old man has been awarded a ten-year jail term for raping his nine-year-old stepdaughter by a court here which said that in a civil society, such offences cannot be expected to be committed by a person in such close relationship.
After facing criticism from all quarters, former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti has now become the target of his wife over his controversial remarks on women.
It was a cloudy Tuesday morning here with the minimum temperature recorded at 29 degrees Celsius, the Met Office said.
Aam Aadmi Party leader and former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti is in the news again, this time for making controversial remarks on women.
Former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti on Monday created a flutter by saying that "beautiful women" would be able to go out at midnight provided AAP government takes over policing system in the national capital.
The Delhi government on Monday told the Delhi High Court that since the May 13 order of the Supreme Court ruling that taxpayers' money cannot be spent to build the image of political leaders, it has spent Rs.22.33 crore on advertisements related to its policies.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday announced that the state government had initiated the process to set up the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC).
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday clubbed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and Delhi Police in the same category and termed them as "speed breakers" for AAP's "car" of governance in the national capital.
Delhi Police on Monday launched a web-based app for issuing Character Verification Report (CVR).
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- Parliament logjam continues as Opposition creates uproar
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Heavy overnight firing by Pakistan troops in Jammu, BSF retaliates
- Can you eat rice like a South Indian? - Watch
- ‘Busy’ Salman Khan makes Anees Bazmee wait for 'No Entry' sequel
- Delhi Police's new weapon – Taser guns
- Parliament logjam: No breakthrough in all-party meeting
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- Wanted: Pakistani 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' to unite Indian girl with her family