A Delhi court will on Wednesday hear the bail plea of AAP leader and former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti, who had yesterday termed the domestic violence and attempt to murder case against him as a "BJP-sponsored litigation".
The Congress on Tuesday appointed former Delhi Commission of Women chief Barkha Shukla Singh as president of the Mahila Congress in the national capital.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Vijendra Gupta on Tuesday criticized the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government for recommending hike in the salaries of its MLAs instead of helping the MCDs which are currently facing problems due to lack of basic allowances.
A Chief Minister cannot be reduced to "a puppet" on the central government's orders and the Lieutenant Governor cannot be treated as the Centre's agent, the AAP government told Delhi High Court on Tuesday.
AAP leader Somnath Bharti on Tuesday termed the domestic violence and attempt to murder case against him as a "BJP-sponsored litigation".
The independent panel recommended Delhi MLAs salary to be increased to 50,000 from the current 12,000.
A fire broke out in the Border Security Force (BSF) office here on Tuesday afternoon but no one was injured in the incident, authorities said.
A Delhi court has decided to put on trial a former engineer of Delhi Jal Board (DJB) accused of raping a senior executive of a private firm in 2006, saying a prima facie case is made out against him.
Cracking whip against illegal sex determination tests being performed in the national capital, Delhi Government on Monday announced a slew of measures including Rs one lakh cash reward to those providing information about the centres conducting such tests.
Days after a man smuggled a country-made pistol inside the Delhi Metro premises, the CISF on Monday said it has asked Metro authorities to immediately plug a long-existing "weak link" in the security infrastructure at some of the stations in its network.
Aam Aadmi Party leaders on Monday called on Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi to demand the arrest of BJP leader Karan Singh Tanwar for illegally confining and threatening a senior NDMC official in his office.
The Delhi Secretariat will be the first in the country to run completely on renewable and solar energy, the Delhi government announced on Monday.
A Delhi court has refused to set aside the jail term of an auto rickshaw driver held guilty of drunk driving, observing that instances of accidents under influence of alcohol are increasing and some deterrence is required.
Delhi Police on Monday denied permission to the Aam Aadmi Party to hold the 'Car-Free Day' event on Dussehra, October 22, saying the government did not hold prior consultation with the force before taking a decision in this regard.
The Supreme Court on Monday reused to grant bail to AAP leader Somnath Bharti.
St Stephen's college's principal Valson Thampu on Sunday said that the molestation row of a research scholar, which rocked the college for over three months, was "worse" than the Dadri lynching case.
Somnath Bharti was on Sunday sent to Tihar Jail for a day by a Delhi Court.
Delhi Metro has been ranked first in "information during travel", as per an international survey of Metro systems.
A Delhi Court on Sunday sent Aam Aadmi Party ( AAP) legislator Somnath Bharti, who has been accused of domestic violence and attempt to murder by his wife Lipika Mitra, to one-day judicial custody.
Delhi Police has denied permission to AAP dispensation's ambitious 'Car-Free Day' event planned to be held later this month, saying the government did not hold "prior consultation" with the force before taking any decision in this regard.
Concerned about the dwindling number of students opting for Hindi in Delhi University, a section of teachers have petitioned the HRD ministry to make the language compulsory again.
The Delhi Police on Saturday filed a supplementary chargesheet against AAP MLA and former law minister Somnath Bharti in connection with his midnight raid in the Khirki Extension area last year.
The Delhi government on Friday issued notice to 14 doctors for dereliction of duty in dealing with the dengue crisis.
Expressing surprise over Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi appearing for Delhi police against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti in a domestic violence case lodged by his wife, Aam Aadmi Party on Friday lashed out at the Centre saying this was proof of its involvement in Delhi's affairs.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday criticised the central government for giving priority to the domestic violence case against its leader Somnath Bharti, saying it looks like the government does not want him to be released on bail.
Delhi Police and Central Industrial Security Force ( CISF) have initiated separate probes in a major security breach that occurred at the Rajiv Chowk Metro Station last night when a 22-year-old man allegedly shot himself with a country-made gun.
An electrician has been awarded rigorous jail term for two-and-a-half years by a Delhi court for injuring his wife with a screw driver and subjecting her to cruelty for bringing insufficient dowry, but absolved him of dowry death charge.
Keeping in view the dengue crisis in the capital, MCD sanitation workers on Friday decided to postpone their decision to go on a strike to press for the fulfilment of their long pending demands, including regularisation of ad-hoc workers and payment of arrears.
The country-made pistol which was used by a man to shoot himself inside a Delhi Metro station was cleverly sneaked in the premises inside a bag from an unmanned area near a customer care counter, security agencies probing the incident have found.
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- J&K encounter: Four Army jawans killed, gunbattle on
- Dadri is second Babri, will raise issue in UN: Azam Khan
- Salman Khan creates magic as Prem, PRDP trailer gets 10 million views!
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- VIDEO: See why MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri are cheering for South Africa!
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan shares cute pictures of granddaughter Aaradhya
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth