The Central Information Commission (CIC) has directed the Tihar authorities to disclose information about alleged irregularities in the functioning of the country's largest prison besides make public diet chart and food provisions for inmates.
AAP MLA Somnath Bharti on Tuesday moved a private member resolution at special session of the Delhi Assembly to "ignore" a notification issued by the Centre giving absolute powers to the Lt Governor and called it "unconstitutional" and "invalid".
A resolution against the Centre's decree giving Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung the final say in transfers and postings of bureaucrats was moved on Tuesday in the Delhi assembly while an AAP lawmaker demanded that state legislatures should have the power to impeach governors.
Delhi Assembly Speaker Ram Niwas Goel on Tuesday ordered its privilege committee to investigate the alleged assault case involving AAP MLA Jarnail Singh.
North Delhi Mayor Ravinder Gupta on Tuesday hit out at the Arvind Kejriwal-led dispensation, terming the first 100 days of the AAP government as a "total failure" and alleging that its only achievement was "finding fault" in almost everything and everybody.
Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar on Tuesday urged the high court to stay the proceedings of the Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) initiated against him in an alleged "fake law degree" case.
Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar on Monday moved Delhi High Court seeking stay on Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) proceedings against him over his alleged fake law degree.
A PIL was filed in the Delhi High Court on Tuesday seeking quashing of the Centre's recent notification giving the Lieutenant Governor absolute powers in appointing bureaucrats in the national capital.
The Union Home Ministry has started consultations with legal luminaries after the Delhi High Court termed its notification, giving the Lt Governor absolute powers in some matters, as "suspect".
The Congress on Tuesday accused the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government and the Narendra Modi dispensation at the Centre of engaging in a "bitter fratricidal" war.
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday granted interim bail of 60 days to Captain Bhagmal, one of the three convicts serving life term in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case, on medical grounds.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal met Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Tuesday for the first time after a stand-off began between the two over postings and transfers of bureaucrats.
The central government has encroached upon the rights of the Delhi Assembly by issuing a notification curbing the powers of the AAP government, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Tuesday.
Affirming that there would be no interference by the Centre in the functioning of the Delhi government, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Tuesday that everybody should work within the constitutional framework.
Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday said the Centre's differences with Arvind Kejriwal government were due to their different interpretation of the Constitution and the matter will be settled by court.
A fire broke out in Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain's office at the Delhi secretariat on Tuesday, an official said, adding there were no casualties.
On the first anniversary of the Narendra Modi-led NDA government at the Centre, the Youth Congress carried out a unique protest in the national capital on Tuesday.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi has convened a two-day emergency session of the Legislative Assembly beginning Tuesday amid a bitter fight between Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung.
Delhi government on Monday effected a bureaucratic reshuffle of nine senior officials.
The Delhi High Court on Monday issued notice to Union Home Ministry on an activist's plea seeking quashing of the FIR lodged against him for screening the controversial banned documentary 'India's Daughter'.
Delhi government on Monday announced expansion and improvement of infrastructure of government educational institutions with more teachers along with formation of a committee to regulate private schools admission and fees.
In news which will gladden DU admission seekers, the varsity is mulling an increase of around 2,000 undergraduate seats in its various courses.
Amid confrontation between the Centre and Delhi government, the AAP on Monday fired a fresh salvo at Centre over the statehood issue and said since 1992 the saffron party have been vociferous on its demand for complete statehood for the national capital, but has now taken a U-turn.
The Union Home Ministry will first study the Delhi High Court's observation on Monday terming as "suspects" its recent notification barring the city government's anti-corruption branch (ACB) from acting against its officers in criminal offences before commenting on it.
A dreaded criminal, involved in over 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder and robbery, has been arrested along with four of his accomplices, police said on Monday.
He cannot see the world around him but that did not deter 18-year-old Tapas Bhardwaj from chasing his dreams as he aced CBSE 12th Board exams scoring 91.4 percent marks and topping his school where he studied with normal children.
In a shot in the arm for the AAP government, the Delhi High Court on Monday termed as "suspect" the Centre's recent notification barring Delhi government's anti- corruption branch (ACB) from acting against its officers in criminal offences and held that the LG cannot act in his discretion.
Former Aam Admi Party leader Yogendra Yadav on Monday said Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal lacks political acumen to confront the Centre on the issue of full statehood status for Delhi.
A Delhi court has directed the CBI Director to consider the plea of a sitting Congress MLA of Haryana and a prosecution witness in a disproportionate assets case, allegedly involving INLD chief OP Chautala's son Abhay, for providing adequate security to him and his family alleging threat from the accused.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his ministers will hold a public meeting in Connaught Place on Monday to mark 100 days of the Aam Aadmi Party government in capital.
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah