Students upto class eight studying in Delhi government schools will get a relief from carrying heavy bags to schools as the government has decided to reduce the syllabus by 25 per cent from October onwards,? Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Saturday.
New Delhi, Sep 5 (PTI) A city-bound British Airways flight with over 100 passengers onboard was diverted to Frankfurt after the pilot reported a snag in the Boeing 777-236 (ER) aircraft.
Three members of a family, including a three-year-old boy, were crushed to death by a bus in south Delhi's Motibagh area, police said today.
Six firemen sustained minor burn injuries while battling a fire that broke out in a truck carrying chemicals here, an official said on Saturday.
DCW chairperson Swati Maliwal on Friday sought Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi's intervention in registering FIRs in cases related to the attack on AAP MLA Alka Lamba during an anti-drug drive and BJP MLA O P Sharma's alleged use of foul language against her.
A school teacher was hospitalised after he was stabbed allegedly by four teenagers who tried to rob him at Sanjay Jheel park in East Delhi, police said on Friday.
Residents of Haryana`s Faridabad city will be able to enjoy the Delhi Metro services with Prime Minister Narendra Modi scheduled to inaugurate the Badarpur to Escorts Mujesar (Faridabad) line on Sunday.
The Delhi High Court on Friday asked New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to apprise it on what basis it decided to change the name of Aurangzeb Road to APJ Abdul Kalam Road in the late former president's honour.
DCW Chairperson Swati Maliwal today approached police along with a physically-handicapped sex worker seeking registration of a case against the family members of the woman's live-in partner, who allegedly have confined him in their house as they were opposed to the relationship.
Delhi Power Secretary Sukesh Kumar Jain has reportedly moved into the office of Principal Secretary (Power) Shakuntala Gamlin, who has been on a long leave after a power tussle between the AAP government and Lt Governor over her appointment as the acting chief secretary.
The commission of enquiry set up by the Delhi government to probe the multi-crore-rupee CNG scam has summoned Anti-Corruption Branch chief M.K. Meena for directing officials not to share information pertaining to the case.
The Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi government on Thursday filed a chargesheet in Rs 100 crore transport scam that allegedly took place during the previous Sheila Dikshit dispensation.
Keeping in view increasing number of working women, DDA has decided to change the male-female ratio for requirement of public toilets from 60:40 to 50:50, a policy which comes into effect from today for new projects undertaken by the housing authority.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday accused Lt Governor Najeeb Jung of trying to "shield" real culprits by allegedly "forcing" the Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) to file a "half-baked chargesheet" in the multi-crore CNG fitness scam.
Former chairperson of Delhi Commission for Women Barkha Shukla Singh on Thursday condemned the advertisement of condom featuring Sunny Leone saying it serves "immorality and bad practices" to the people and urged government to immediately withdraw the commercial from TV.
The Delhi Police on Thursday told a city court that it has sent to the Assembly a plea seeking lodging of an FIR against AAP MLA Akhilesh Pati Tripathi for alleged forgery by obtaining medical claim from the government for his mother who was not dependent on him.
Delhi High Court on Thursday witnessed a controversy over who will represent the Lt Governor in a case relating to the appointment of Lokayukta, as counsels for both the Centre and the AAP government claimed they were authorised to represent Najeeb Jung.
Congress and BJP Thursday accused the Aam Aadmi Party of "misusing" the government machinery in trying to "bribe" students by organising events such as the recent rock concert at Talkatora stadium, ahead of the Delhi University polls.
A law student was allegedly harassed by her classmate, who is the nephew of a former MLA in the district.
President Pranab Mukherjee is going to do on Friday what no other sitting Indian President has ever done before!
A city court has asked CBI to file a report on the status of proceedings before Chief Vigilance Officer of CPWD and PWD on a plea against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and others for alleged corruption during 2010 Commonwealth Games.
Amid raging controversy over renaming of Aurangzeb Road in Lutyens' Zone after APJ Abdul Kalam, a street in south Delhi has been 'named' after the Mughal emperor, triggering a fresh row, even as SDMC termed it as "illegal" and said action will be taken accordingly.
Sheena Bora-Indrani Mukerjea high-profile case has become a talk of the town. But, what many have failed to realise is the wrong imprints it's leaving on the psyche of innocent children who are exposed to such news daily.
A woman, whose 19-year-old son was allegedly shot dead by Delhi cops while performing stunts on a bike, has moved the High Court seeking a probe against three policemen by an independent agency like CVC alleging that the departmental inquiry initiated against them was an "eyewash".
The AAP on Wednesday announced its candidates, which includes two girls, for the high-pitched Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) elections that will be held on September 11.
Setting the ball rolling for appointing a new Lokaukta, the AAP government has sent a list of five former judges to the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court for the post even as it stressed the need for an amendment to the existing Lokayukta Act.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Wednesday questioned the LG's reported move to "sanction" filing of the charge sheet in connection with alleged multi- crore CNG fitness scam.
The Centre on Wednesday claimed in Delhi High Court that none of the banned Pakistani TV channels were being allowed to be broadcast in India.
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Govt may ask airlines to reduce price of air fares
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Image of drowned Syrian toddler leaves the world in tears
- President Pranab reaches out to students on eve of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Analysis of break up of 'grand alliance' in Bihar
- Why are children so angry nowadays?
- DNA: China holds military parade, announces 3 lakh troop cut
- PM Modi to flag off Faridabad metro on September 6
- PM Modi interacts with students in honour of Teachers' Day
- DNA: Today in History, September 03
- Sheena Bora murder: Police to send Siddharth Das' DNA samples for tests
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players
- Khans choose their directors: Nikhil Advani
- Vaginal itching: What is it and 7 common causes
- Weak monsoon pushes Delhi's air quality into downward plummet
- Death of Aylan Kurdi: Distraught father of drowned boy pours his heart out
- Syed Ali Geelani lauds Pakistan's stand on Kashmir, reveals secret letter
- Chennai-Mangalore Express derails in Tamil Nadu, 39 passengers injured
- 'Skeletal remains recovered from Raigad most likely of Sheena Bora'
- Will wait for Modi govt's implementation on construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya: RSS
- Europe turning Mediterranean into graveyard: Turkish President Erdogan
- Tamil named as Sri Lankan opposition leader for first time since 1983