Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested for raising anti-India slogans at an event organised by the students to commemorate the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The Delhi High Court will hear on February 15 a plea that it direct the Delhi government and the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) to pay arrears of the Sixth Pay Commission award to the civic employees.
Left parties on Friday asked Delhi Police to not act in "connivance" with ABVP to target "entire Left".
Delhi High Court Friday sought responses from the Centre and Lieutenant Governor on a PIL alleging that the government has "maliciously misdirected themselves" to slash the number of vehicles on road by the odd-even scheme instead of enforcing pollution control rules.
Noida Metro Rail Corp (NMRC) today said it has completed first phase of construction in record time on Noida-Greater Noida Metro Corridor and structural work of all 21 metro stations is expected to be completed by March 2017.
In a scathing attack, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has accused the BJP-led central government of "saffronising" the Delhi Police, which has had frequent run-ins with the AAP government.
JNU on Tuesday witnessed clashes between two student groups over Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Residents doctors of the neuro surgery department at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Thursday alleged a senior professor of the institution had manhandled and verbal abused them and sought his removal.
Talking to senior editors in Delhi, he said philosophically he believed that a chief minister should be there to supervise the work of other ministers and not to get into nitty gritty of their departments.
Concerned over anti-national acvities at Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), East Delhi's MP and BJP's national secretary Maheish Girri on Thursday wrote to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Delhi's Police Commissioner Bassi.
The Odd-Even scheme was last implemented in Delhi from January 1 to 15.
Kejriwal said VIPs will be exempted in the second phase of odd-even formula.
He said the Congress may be the runner up in the Punjab battle. "The Akalis are in a bad shape."
Five Aam Aadmi Party members are to be questioned today by Delhi Police in connection with the death of farmer Gajendra Singh at a party rally at Jantar Mantar last year.
According to reports, the second phase is likely to be introduced in April as school examinations will be underway in March.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will address a rally of e-rickshaw drivers at Ramlila Maidan on February 17 and distribute subsidy cheques of Rs 15,000 each among them.
A 30-year-old computer graduate, who along with his gang allegedly duped people of several lakhs of rupees on the pretext of securing admissions to medical institutes across the country, was arrested.
The BJP on Wednesday sought Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's resignation after the Delhi High Court set aside a trial court order to the CBI to release documents seized during a raid at the state secretariat.
Transport Minister Gopal Rai said that the government will make the announcement after reviewing over 11 lakh responses received from the public.
Almost 13,500 Delhiites took part in the survey, of which 10,514 favoured the scheme .
The Aam Aadmi Party government had told the court that the CBI was trying to give a "political colour" to the raid.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has taken off a teacher from external examination duty after the high-profile Sanskriti School in Chanakyapuri area here complained that the examiner made students to sing and dance during the viva for Physics practical examination.
BJP's Delhi unit chief Satish Upadhyay on Wednesday demanded the resignation of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, following a video clip that showed his minister's alleged involvement in a bribe demand.
In a big setback for Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday quashed a trial court order asking the CBI to return some documents seized during its raid on his Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar's office recently.
A number of people had to run for their 'lives' when the ghosts suddenly appeared in front of them.
The Urban Development Ministry will include the demand of Metro rail companies of setting up of a regulator for timely revision of fares in the proposed new bill for all such projects.
Jawaharlal Nehru University JNU on Tuesday night witnessed clashes between two student groups over Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
After hitting a bike with her Mercedes car, a girl on late Tuesday night gave a hard time to police in Connaught Place here.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will on Wednesday hold a review meeting on the implementing the second phase of the Odd-Even plan in the national capital.
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part IV
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part III
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- More sexual harassment complaints against TERI's RK Pachauri
- DNA: How soldiers are being trained for avalanche rescue
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's condition worsens, still in coma; nation prays
- Ajay Devgan has 'intense' role in 'Fitoor'
- Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad?
- Kerala man turns 'pregnant', says 'can feel baby inside me'
- ABVP demands expulsion of JNU students over Afzal Guru's hanging protest
- PM Modi breaks protocol, personally receives Abu Dhabi crown prince at airport - Watch video
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch