The incident was reported at about 10:30 PM on October 21 when on-duty CISF officials detected the live bullet of 9mm caliber gun in the lady's bag, when she was undergoing security check before taking a flight to New York.
The Delhi Police on Sunday arrested at least 32 persons after busting an illegal casino running at the national capital in the wee hours of Sunday.
"Today the cabinet decided that every department of the Delhi government will submit a proposal to regularise contractual employees working with them by Nov 15,” Kejriwal said.
As a mob of around 30 students rained blows, abuses and communal slurs on JNU student Najeeb Ahmed on the night of October 14, some of them could be heard saying tauntingly, "Issko 72 houron ke paas bhejna hai (We will send him to 72 virgins)".
The Delhi Government on Saturday maintained that there is no threat to human beings from the bird flu scare in the national capital, adding that the strain of the virus is less infective.
A minor fire broke out at children's ward of Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital here on Saturday, and all 15 children admitted were safely evacuated, officials said.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday filed a criminal complaint against Union Sports Minister and Bhartiye Janta Party MP Vijay Goel for alleged tax evasion and corruption.
The Supreme Court on Friday pulled up the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government over tonnes of garbage lying on Delhi streets.
"The people come and go and parties have independent process. There is no importance of a person in a political and social struggle. Rita Ji knows best why she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. But the identity of the BJP in Uttar Pradesh is of communal disharmony,"BSP leader Sudheendra Bhadauria told ANI.
A Delhi Police constable hung himself to death owing to alleged mental harassment by his in-laws, police said on Friday.
JNU students will on Friday hold a protest outside the Home Ministry to press the authorities to expedite search for missing student Najeeb Ahmed.
Asharam, a property dealer and Vice President of the BJP's SC/ST Cell in the Kirari area, was shot twice by unidentified assailant around 8.45 pm on Wednesday.
Delhi Police on Thursday constituted a special investigation team (SIT) to trace a missing JNU hostel inmate following a direction from Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh as protests by a section of students raged on in the campus over alleged inaction by authorities.
A student named Najeeb Ahmed had gone missing on the night of October 14 from the university hostel Mahi-Mandvi after a brawl with a few ABVP students.
A student named Najeeb Ahmed had gone missing on the night of October 14 from the university after a brawl with a few ABVP students.
A student named Najeeb Ahmed had gone missing on the night of October 14 from the JNU hostel Mahi-Mandvi after a brawl with ABVP students.
At least 12 students were today summoned by JNU administration to appear before the proctorial committee in connection with a case involving a missing student amid protests that the Vice Chancellor acted in an "insensitive" manner on the issue.
In an another embarrassment to Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) convener Arvind Kejriwal, a Delhi court on Wednesday rejected the plea to dismiss the defamation case filed against him and other party leaders by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday accused the central government of harassing the Delhi government for doing "good work".
RailYatri.in, the train travelling consumer app startup, has raised fresh funding with participation from all its existing investors - Nandan Nilekani, Helion Ventures, Omidyar Partners and Blume Ventures.
Arun Jaitley had on December 21, 2015, filed a defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal and five other Aam Aadmi Party leaders.
Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has ordered transfer of Secretary to Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia and posted him as the Registrar of Guru Gobind Singh Inraprastha University.
JNU administration has requested all relevant Central agencies, including National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) and CBI for help in tracing a student who has been missing since Saturday even as the campus continued to be on the edge with protests continuing for the fourth day.
Rejecting Delhi Police application seeking remand of Aam Aadmi Party MLA and party in-charge of Gujarat affairs Gulab Singh Yadav, who was recently arrested from Surat in an extortion case, a Delhi court on Tuesday sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
The National Green Tribunal on Tuesday directed Delhi government to convene a meeting of concerned authorities to come up with a solution to tackle the worsening air quality in the national capital, after being told that the odd-even scheme has not helped in curbing pollution.
Water supply will be hit in major parts of the city, including NDMC areas, this evening due to ongoing interconnection of pipes, Delhi Jal Board has said.
A major fire broke out on Tuesday in a five-storey commercial building in the national capital, officials said.
Suspended legislator of AAP Devinder Sehrawat on Monday accused Delhi's ruling party of 'embezzling' public donations.
Tihar jail authorities on Monday told a special court that sacked Delhi minister Sandeep Kumar, who was arrested on rape charges, was being provided with separate armed guard (SAG) as he apprehended threat to his life.
Najeeb Ahmad, a Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) student and AISA activist, who is pursuing MSc in Biotechnology, has gone missing under mysterious circumstances.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- Red wine- the new medicine for hormonal imbalance in women
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized
- India made history by lifting Kabaddi World Cup title for 3rd successive time, beat Iran 38-29 in Ahmedabad final
- 45-year-old male Tusker rescued after being stranded in Karnataka dam for over 50 days
- Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3: As it happened...