A radioactive leak was detected in the cargo area of the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport on Friday morning.
A minor fire broke out at the Udyog Bhavan bulding in the national capital on Friday morning. The incident took place on the fifth floor of the building.
Delhiites woke up to a partly cloudy sky Friday morning with the weatherman predicting possibility of dust storms and thunderstorms in some areas of the city during the later part of the day.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday said it looks forward to a favourable and positive interpretation of the Constitution by the Delhi High Court which will hear the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government's petition challenging the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) notification of May 21.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh has denied that the Centre was trying to run the Delhi government through the office of the LG. “We are not interfering with the Delhi government's work but Constitution needs to be followed,” Singh told a press conference.
An accused in an abduction case was mowed down by a speeding dumper outside Okhla police station while he was allegedly trying to escape police custody.
The SIT probing the encounter case of Manoj Vashishth who was allegedly gunned down by a Special Cell team at a city restaurant here is likely to submit its report by June 30, Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi today said.
The Delhi High Court was on Thursday informed that the older Delhi sub-branch canal is in bad shape and requires repairs and de-silting as it has not been cleaned by Haryana for the past 35 years.
The Delhi government on Thursday directed all city hospitals not to deny admission to people suffering from heat stroke.
Alarmed over a report about poor ambient air quality inside its premises, Delhi High Court on Thursday castigated its own concerned panel for not doing anything on the issue, saying it was "unacceptable" that everyone going there was at risk.
CISF security personnel have restored a Nigerian citizen's bag containing over Rs 45,000 in cash and US dollars after he forgot it at a Delhi metro station here.
Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have cracked the case of theft at a church in West Delhi's Hari Nagar area with the arrest of a 42-year-old alcoholic, putting an end to the community ramification of this crime.
Delhi Jal Board on Thursday notified its new scheme for regularisation of domestic unauthorised water connections at a reduced rate, which was approved by the board in its last meeting.
Delhi University today approved the implementation of the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) from the upcoming session, ending confusion among candidates seeking admission to the undergraduate programmes.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government in Delhi on Thursday directed the app-based taxi services to submit all their relevant details within seven days.
The Delhi High Court on Thursday gave a number of directions to the city government, DDA and a panel appointed by it on creating infrastructure like additional district courts and accommodation for the lower judiciary.
Delhi region continued to witness a decline in overall pass percentage of students taking CBSE Class X examinations, with 96.29 per cent emerging successful this year.
In no mood to back down on the issue of jurisdiction over appointments, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is reaching out to non-BJP chief ministers to mount political pressure on the Modi government even as the matter reached court.
Delhi Police are expecting to get former union minister Shashi Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar's viscera report from US-based Federal Bureau of Investigation in the next 15 to 30 days, which is likely to throw light on the kind of poison that caused her death as concluded by AIIMS panel of doctors.
It was yet another hot day for Delhiites as maximum temperature in the city was recorded at 41.1 degrees Celsius, which was a notch above the normal but marginally less from yesterday.
Twenty children from across India and Nepal living in shelter homes here have been reunited with their families, Delhi Police said on Thursday.
Giving a last chance to app-based taxi operators Uber and Ola Cabs, Delhi Government on Thursday directed them to submit full details of their drivers and vehicles within seven days if they want to "regularise" their services in the national capital.
A total of 37,850 students registered online for admission to Delhi University's undergraduate courses on the first day of the application process.
Amid his ongoing standoff with the AAP government, Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Thursday met Union Home Secretary LC Goyal and had a talk over phone with Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
New York-based Indian-American hotel magnate Sant Singh Chatwal has pledged to donate a million dollars to help set up a five million dollar Sikh Center for International Studies at the Rakabganj Gurdwara in New Delhi.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is likely to start issuing mark sheets and certificates in digital format as well along with hard copies which can be stored by students in their digital lockers, according to a top official in the IT Ministry.
Delhi's Lt Governor Najeeb Jung met union Home Secretary LC Goyal at his office at the Central Secretariat here on Thursday morning, sources said.
Intensifying its war of words with the Centre on the issue of devolution of powers of the Delhi's Lt Dovernor and the chief Minister, the Aam Admi party (AAP) government led by Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday challenged a recent central government notification giving Lt. Governor absolute powers in appointing bureaucrats.
The Supreme Court will on Friday hear the Centre's Special Leave Petition (SLP) challenging the Delhi High Court's order that termed as "suspect" a notification of the Union Home Ministry barring the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of the Delhi government from acting against its officials.
The jurisdiction row between the Centre and the Delhi government has reached the Supreme Court with the former challenging the Delhi High Court's order that termed as "suspect" a notification of the Union Home Ministry barring the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) from acting against its officials.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!