The Delhi Police on Sunday registered a FIR on missing Ishrat Jahan files case and has launched a probe into the matter.
Cash-strapped East Delhi Municipal Corporation is planning to lease out its schools to a few private coaching institutes, with a dual aim of boosting access to education for poor children and augmenting its revenues.
A case was registered by the ACB in connection with the alleged 400-crore water tanker scam linking former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in June this year.
While the station name boards will be changed immediately, it will be followed by gradual changes in maps, digital displays inside the trains and so on.
Delhi Power Minister Satyendar Jain on Saturday reiterated his government`s stand on the appointment of Krishna Saini as Chairperson of the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) and said that there will be "absolute chaos" in the national capital if Saini`s appointment is cancelled.
The Delhi government on Thursday resolved to ensure foolproof implementation of the ban on Chinese firecrackers this festive season admitting their sale and use continued in the city despite restrictions.
"We perhaps made a mistake (by alloting the land) but we did not give him the status that he enjoys," party spokesman Tom Vadakkan said.
A man who threw ink on Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia outside Lt Governor Najeeb Jung's office was granted bail by a court here on Friday.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday urged Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to "reconsider" his order removing Krishna Saini as Chairperson of the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC).
Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Swati Maliwal on Friday made a complaint against former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit at the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) alleging financial fraud and corruption.
The convicts in the Nirbhaya gang-rape case had challenged their death sentence awarded by the Delhi High Court in the apex court.
The Delhi High Court on Thursday said that nationality of Tibetans born in India between 1950 to 1987 cannot be questioned under the Citizenship Act and directed the government to treat all Tibetans who meet the criteria of being Indian citizens by birth, as Indians and to issue them passports.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will issue certificate of appreciation to its security officials and engineers for showing courage and filing an FIR against AAP legislator Somnath Bharti for damaging a fence at the hospital premises here and misbehaving with guards.
Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Swati Maliwal on Thursday said a prostitution racket at GB Road in the national capital's red light area was operating under the protection of a central minister and a senior leader of a national political party.
AAP legislators Somnath Bharti and Amanatullah Khan on Thursday got bail from two different courts.
Unfortunately, his superiors didn't like it and he was temporarily suspended.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Health Minister Satyendar Jain on Thursday initiated a special fogging drive to prevent the spread of dengue and chikungunya.
Amanatullah Khan represents Okhla constituency in south Delhi.
Somnath Bharti's arrest came a day after another AAP legislator Amanatullah Khan was arrested after a sexual harassment complaint by his brother-in-law's wife.
Welcoming the decision to rename Race Course Road as Lok Kalyan Marg, the Bharatiya Janata Party has said that there are a few more roads in the national capital that need a name change.
Hours after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal reacted sharply after an FIR was registered against him in connection with the "irregularities" in the functioning of the DCW, the ACB said it won't probe the case against him for now as his name "doesn't figure in the inquiry report".
The Examination Board of Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University (TMBU) in Bihar today recommended cancellation of the law degree of former Delhi Law Minister and AAP MLA Jitender Singh Tomar, who was arrested on charge that his degree was fake.
Appointment of Krishna Saini as Chairperson of Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) was declared as 'void' on Wednesday.
Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party's move is seen as a ploy to attract votes ahead of the upcoming Assembly Elections in Punjab.
Aam Aadmi Party legislator Amanatullah Khan's sister-in-law had last week registered a sexual harassment case against him at the Jamia Nagar police station.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday blamed Prime Minister Narendra Modi after his name was included in a FIR regarding alleged illegalities in the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW).
A public interest litigation (PIL) was filed in the Supreme Court on Wednesday against the Delhi government over its inability to control the spread of chikungunya, dengue, and malaria.
The moves aims at curbing mosquito breeding in comparatively unhygienic areas and slums alongside the railway lines in the national capital.
The sheer savagery of the murder in north Delhi's Burari during the morning rush hour and caught in CCTV camera drew widespread outrage and horror.
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- India signs Rafale deal with France to buy 36 fighter jets
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- BSF arrests Pakistani nationalist in Akhnooor sector
- DNA: How will Indian defense gain strength after multi-role combat aircraft Rafale?
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- BJP national council meet chaired by Amit Shah begins in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analyzing the pitiful condition of education system in India
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India? Part III
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India? Part II
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Has Pakistan Army selected `targets` in India?
- 'Pakistan unreliable, diverting US aid money to ISI which is funding global terrorism'
- MUST WATCH: `Pakistan's motto is destruction of India`
- India attacks Pakistani camps, jihadis only in Bollywood films: JeM chief Masood Azhar
- Twitterati hails Modi's fiery speech against Pakistan
- Congress blames Centre over Russia's military exercise with Pakistan
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure