Jat bodies on Friday threatened to seal Haryana border along Delhi and cut off all supplies to the national capital if the Union government fails to implement reservation for the community before September 28.
Delhi University aspirants have reasons to cheer as admission to popular courses such as B Com and Economics Honors are still up for grabs in the third cut-off list announced by the varsity on Friday.
Delhi Metro had to hop over busy Northern Railway tracks and a PWD flyover along the Outer Ring Road to build the over 4 km-long extension of its Yellow Line till Samaypur Badli, trial runs for which began on Friday.
A Gurgaon resident, who was shocked to discover a bill of Rs 75 crore for his residence, has alleged that the error has still not been corrected by the electricity board.
With the arrest of one person, police on Friday claimed to have busted a high-tech gang involved in multiple cases of oil theft across the country.
Union Road, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari on Friday said the government will shortly approve a `Metro Mail Project` linking Manesar to Dhaula Kuan in the national capital region (NCR).
Seeking to boost its revenue generation, cash-strapped North Delhi Municipal Corporation is mulling imposing usage charge on telecom firms and other companies, which use roads, footpaths and streetlight poles in areas falling under the civic body.
Several AAP MLAs have asked the Delhi government for a hike in their allowances citing difficulty in meeting up with their expenses, a move which has evoked a sharp response from the opposition.
Delhi Congress chief Ajay Maken on Friday questioned Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on his government's inability to fill up the post of Lokayukta, lying vacant since 2013.
Delhi High Court on Friday sought the responses of Delhi University and Kerala government on a plea claiming that each college in the capital had different criteria for calculating cut-off marks of students from other state boards during the admission process.
A Delhi court has convicted six people of rioting, causing injuries to various public persons and police officials, and damaging public property in 2003.
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Friday staged protests at St. Stephen`s College in the north campus here over the alleged sexual harassment of a doctoral student by an assistant professor of the college.
The Delhi Metro on Friday began trial runs on the Jahangirpuri-Samaypur Badli section, which is likely to be operational by the end of this month, officials said.
Alleging irregularities in the Delhi Judicial Services examination, Janata Dal-United president Sharad Yadav demanded re-evaluation of answer sheets of all successful candidates in 2015.
A committee, formed by the AAP government to bring out a white paper on Delhi's power sector, has recommended removal of the Chairman and members of Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC), accusing them of "failing" to protect consumer interest and favouring discoms.
Everyone would not gang up against a college principal without any reason, the Delhi High Court observed on Friday while referring to St Stephen's Principal Valson Thampu who has been facing accusations from his staff, teachers and students.
Three members of a gang of auto thieves have been arrested here and nine stolen two-wheelers seized from them, police said on Friday.
Gearing up for the monsoon season, the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has set up four control rooms in areas under its jurisdiction to check the menace of waterlogging.
The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Friday staged a protest outside St Stephen's College in Delhi over the alleged sexual harassment of a PhD student by a chemistry professor of the institute.
Amid a demand for St Stephen's principal Valson Thampu's resignation over the molestation row, Delhi University on Friday said it is the college's internal matter and the varsity has no say in it.
The Delhi Police on Friday said it was evaluating the evidence provided by the woman who has alleged sexual harassment by a chemistry professor of St Stephen's College.
Three workers were feared dead while another was injured when a basement wall of an under-construction hospital collapsed here this afternoon in South West Delhi's Dwarka sector 6.
The Congress party on Friday took on the Aam Aadmi Party over the fake degree row, this time involving Palam MLA Bhavna Gaur.
Scores of ASHA health workers in Delhi on Friday launched an indefinite strike, staging a protest outside Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's residence demanding regularisation of services and fixation of minimum wages.
Amidst allegations of its principal trying to protect the accused, the HRD Ministry on Friday refused to intervene in the molestation row at St Stephen's College, saying such issues are to be handled by the institution's Internal Complaints Committee as per Supreme Court guidelines.
A sessions court here has upheld the jail sentence of a man, who was convicted of riding a bike in an inebriated state, observing that while riding the two- wheeler under such heavy intoxication, he was acting like a "suicidal human bomb, who could have taken lives of others".
Slamming the AAP government for drawing up a whopping Rs 526 crore advertisement budget, Congress leader Ajay Kumar on Friday compared Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to a "North Korean dictator who is into self- publicity".
Ashish Joshi, the media coordinator of the Association of Old Stephanians, on Friday said that principal Valson Thampu should be immediately sacked following the complaint that he attempted to shield college's bursar Satish Kumar, who has been accused of sexual harassment by a research scholar.
Delhi High Court on Friday stayed the arrest of St. Stephen's College professor Satish Kumar, who is accused of sexually assaulting a woman student.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Teaser of Bhandarkar's much awaited 'Calendar Girls' unveiled!
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @10 am
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon 2015: Federer, Murray sweep through; Nadal crashes out in second round