Nearly 80 students of the beleaguered FTII left here for Delhi to stage a demonstration in the national capital tomorrow to highlight their demands, mainly removal of actor and BJP member Gajendra Chauhan as the institute's chairman.
An all-faith prayer meeting was organised in the national capital to pay tribute to former President A P J Abdul Kalam.
The Delhi government has failed to conduct quality tests of the food served under the mid-day meal programme in its schools for the last four months due to non-empanelment of testing labs, response to an RTI query has revealed.
The Congress Party staged a protest against the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government at Preet Vihar area of the national capital on Sunday for backtracking on the promise of appointing a Lokpal.
Eight more trains will run across the Delhi Metro network from tomorrow after a decision was taken to augment it keeping in view a general trend of increased ridership in the months of August and September over the last few years.
Now, getting over one litre liquor to Delhi from neighbouring areas like Gurgaon and Faridabad to save a few bucks may land you in jail with the AAP Government stepping up efforts to catch hold of defaulters.
A proposed bill to check fraudulent multi-level marketing (MLM) or ponzi schemes has been put on hold by the government.
Scholars pursuing PhD at Delhi University can now appear for their viva through Skype or other modes of video conferencing.
The Delhi High Court has directed Delhi University to respond to a petition alleging "arbitrary" empanelment of ineligible candidates for the post of part time lecturers in the Law faculty here.
A Delhi court has awarded seven years jail term to a man for raping his neighbhour, saying the convict has "committed the vile act" and deserves to be suitably punished for it.
Coming to the aid of a destitute woman, a local court has directed her estranged husband to pay Rs 4,800 per month as maintenance to her and their child in a domestic violence case saying he "cannot be permitted to run away" from his responsibility.
A 14-year-old boy, whose left leg had to be amputated below the knee after being hit by a rashly driven tanker, has been awarded over Rs eight lakh compensation by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here.
In a coordinated effort by hospitals and Delhi Traffic Police, a heart harvested from a 57-year-old brain dead patient was transported from Karol Bagh to Saket, a distance of about 20 km, in a record 16 minutes for transplantation.
Fifteen children from different parts of the country who were living in the national capital's shelter homes have been reunited with their families, Delhi Police said on Saturday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress have launched a blistering attack on the Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government in Delhi over expenditure on its advertisement campaign.
Stating that the law and order situation in Delhi is "deteriorating at an alarming rate", new Delhi Commission for Women chief Swati Maliwal on Saturday asked Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi to furnish information about "increasing" complaints of crimes against women.
Criticising the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)-led Government in Delhi for allegedly spending huge amount of money on advertising, Congress leader JP Agarwal on Saturday said the former was not spending money to fulfil the promises made to people of the city before elections.
The Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) on Saturday wrote to Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi seeking information on the number of complaints of crime against women.
Keeping in mind the challenges posed by the "dramatic" transformation of higher education, Delhi Technological University has restructured its academic programmes and curriculum to meet global demands, its Vice Chancellor Pradeep Kumar said on Saturday.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has moved the Allahabad High Court seeking quashing of a case against him for his alleged inflammatory speech in Amethi during Lok Sabha elections last year.
BJP MP Maheish Girri has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to consider renaming Delhi's Aurangzeb Road after former President APJ Abdul Kalam to correct "wrongs" of history.
In the wake of alleged negligence in treatment that led to amputation of a leg of a 11-year-old boy, the Delhi Medical Council on Saturday suspended registration certificates of four resident doctors - two each of Hindu Rao and Safdarjang Hospital - for a month.
A 30-year-old woman, working with a NGO, has alleged that she was kidnapped and molested by three people in a moving car here, police said on Saturday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has put up a series of hoardings questioning the Delhi Government`s expenditure on its advertisement campaign.
The president of the DU teachers' body and senior St Stephen's faculty member Nandita Narain has accused the college's principal Valson Thampu of pursuing a "personal vendetta" against her as he rejected her request for leave to contest the teachers' body polls.
Trams may roll on the streets of Old Delhi's Chandni Chowk with Shahjahanabad Redevelopment Corporation (SRDC) likely to approve the project in its upcoming board meeting on Monday.
AAP government on Friday appointed senior lawyers Gopal Subramanium and Dayan Krishnan to contest the appeal of Nitish Katara murder case convicts Vikas Yadav and his cousin Vishal in Supreme Court.
Sleuths probing the Delhi University (DU) admission scam busted two days ago have their sights set on Inderjeet Singh alias `Kaku` identified as the likely mastermind of the Rs1 billion racket.
A 20-year-old youth was today arrested for allegedly trying to molest a northeastern girl at Khirki Extension area in South Delhi, police said.
A court here on Friday fixed September 10 for recording of pre-summoning evidence in a criminal defamation complaint by a Delhi Police constable against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for using a slang "thulla" to describe policemen.
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP