As the Aam Aadmi Party government completes its 100 days in office, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will hold a 'Jan Samvad' at Central Park in Connaught Place on Monday.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government has sought the opinion of legal and constitutional experts on the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) notification over the distribution of powers between the Lieutenant Governor's office and the office of the Delhi Chief Minister.
The decision to pull Delhi out of the race for UNESCO World Heritage City tag has left history and heritage lovers disappointed.
Senior bureaucrat Anindo Majumdar, who was removed as Principal Secretary from Services Department and General Administration Department (GAD), on Friday met Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal here.
As the Centre gave absolute power to Delhi Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung to appoint bureaucrats, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has prepared a list of 39 IAS officers who according to the Aap Aadmi Party (AAP) government are unwanted and not fit to work, media reports said on Friday.
Delhi on Friday recorded the hottest day of the season with mercury shooting up to 43.6 degrees Celsius, four notches above the normal.
The South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) has decided to construct 12 new toilet blocks in south Delhi area as part of a public-private- partnership.
A murder accused who masterminded his disappearance by getting himself declared dead was taken note of by the Delhi High Court on Friday which criticised the police Delhi and Uttar Pradesh for indulging in a blame game rather than collectively trying to track him down.
In the midst of a raging row over his powers vis-a-vis AAP government, Delhi's LG has been given absolute powers by the Centre in appointment of bureaucrats for which he need not "consult" the chief minister on subjects like senior officers, police and public order.
Delhi BJP on Friday came down heavily on Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and alleged that he was creating new controversies and preparing to again "run away" from his responsibilities on the "pretext" of constitutional crisis in the national capital.
Delhi University Teachers Association (DUTA) on Friday protested outside HRD ministry against the non-payment of pension to the retired teaching and non-teaching employees of the varsity for last nine months.
An application was on Friday filed before the Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) seeking direction to two of its members to recuse themselves from ongoing proceedings against Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar over alleged fake law degree.
Congress on Friday slammed the Centre over its notification specifying the Delhi Lt Governor's jurisdiction, and said not allowing the Chief Minister to decide on transfer and postings of officers is to "negate the people's mandate".
A young restaurateur was charred to death as his car went up in flames after crashing into a roadside tree in southwest Delhi's Inder Puri area on Friday.
The dates for announcement of CBSE 12th Results 2015 have been declared by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The CBSE Class XII Board Results 2015 will be announced on May 25, the Board has confirmed.
The CBSE has announced the date for the declaration of Class 10th results. The results will be declared on May 27.
Left parties on Friday came out in support of AAP government over the Centre's notification specifying Lieutenant Governor's jurisdiction, insisting that the Centre should resolve the issue through "co-operative federalism" instead of "coercive centralisation".
After being on the run for two decades, luck finally ran out for Ashok Sethi, former Depot Manager of Mohan Meakins Limited at Patna, wanted in a cheating case, as he was nabbed by CBI from Faridabad.
To facilitate boarding and alighting of ladies from the same coach and avoid inconvenience to women passengers travelling on Line 1 (Dilshad Garden to Rithala), the Delhi Metro from Saturday has decided to change the locations of the ladies coach, an official statement said on Friday.
Former Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday said that the confrontation between the offices of the Lt Governor and the chief minister should be resolved with understanding and negotiation in the interest of the people. She said the stand-off was `hurting` the residents of the city.
The Centre on Friday said the Home Ministry's notification on allocation of powers in Delhi would "remove" all confusion regarding governance in the national capital and help the AAP government run the city efficiently.
Claiming that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Lt Governor Najeeb Jung were responsible for the "mess" in Delhi, Congress on Friday said both of them have "crossed their limits" and were "not following set rules of governance".
The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) and its chairperson Barkha Singh on a plea of AAP leader Kumar Vishwas.
In a frontal attack on Modi government, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday accused it of trying to run Delhi through "back door" to protect the corrupt and said it had "back-stabbed" the people of the city by issuing a notification "siding" with the Lt Governor.
Hitting out at the Centre after it issued a notification specifying the role and powers of Delhi Lt Governor, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Friday said it showed BJP's nervousness about the anti-corruption efforts of his government.
In an apparent setback for Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, the Ministry of Home Affairs on Friday issued a gazette notification specifying the role and powers of the Lt Governor.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Friday reacted strongly to the reports that the Centre is considering issuing a notification to clarify distribution of power between the posts of Delhi's Lieutenant Governor and Chief Minister.
The Centre is considering issuing a notification to clarify distribution of power between the posts of Delhi's Lieutenant Governor and Chief Minister.
Amid growing demands for 'one- rank-one-pension" for ex-servicemen, Rahul Gandhi will now be taking up their cause by meeting representatives of former military personnel and war widows at the Congress headquarters here on Saturday.
A 27-year-old youth has been held for allegedly being involved in the brutal attack on a businessman at Connaught Place on Tuesday night who succumbed to his injuries after being battered with a helmet by the assailants.
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door