As Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung made a unilateral offer of Rs. 300 crores as loan to the North and East Corporations from the DDA, the forum of Municipal Corporation of Delhi Engineers Association called off their strike on Saturday.
The parents of six-year-old Divyansh on Saturday wrote to HRD Minister Smriti Irani seeking a CBI probe into the death of their child at a school campus in Delhi.
A court exempted AAP MLA Bhavna Gaur from presence in the court during hearing in the case of alleged misrepresentation of facts about her academic credits.
The Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government could soon announce the second phase of the odd-even scheme in the national capital, a report said on Saturday.
As the administrative head of Delhi Police, only the Lt Governor can ensure the accountability of Delhi Police," DCW chairperson Swati Maliwal said.
Union Minister Smriti Irani Friday did not go to an Urdu conference at Delhi University which she was scheduled to inaugurate, raising questions whether she skipped it as hundreds of students had gathered outside the venue protesting over the Rohith Vemula issue.
The Delhi Police has urged the Juvenile Justice Board to treat the boy as an adult.
Employees of Delhi`s civic bodies have been protesting over the non-payment of salaries for the past few months.
Jaitley said the right to freedom of speech and expression was "not absolute" and it "did not extend a licence to anyone to defame any other citizen having fundamental rights under the Constitution".
In yet another blow to the Arvind Kejriwal government, the Delhi High Court on Friday stayed its previous notification fixing four years as upper age limit for nursery admission.
The Supreme Court on Friday asked the Delhi government and DTC to either shift out Millennium Bus Depot on the banks of Yamuna within a year or get the master plan amended to legalise its existence.
Delhi`s ruling AAP on Friday urged Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to look into the situation arising out of the ongoing strike by employees of the capital`s three main civic bodies, party leader Somnath Bharti said.
Jaitley's legal team have said the AAP leaders have caused irreversible damage to Jaitley's name and credibility.
The Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) on Friday issued a fresh notice to traffic police over cases in which two women had to deliver babies in public vehicles due to traffic snarls in the city during last year's Indo-Africa Summit.
Months after being released from juvenile home due to good conduct, a 17-year-old has been again held for murdering an elderly woman in Delhi.
Delhi Police Special Cell nabs suspected Islamic State sympathiser from ISBT
The MCD workers` protest entered its tenth day on Friday as they continued their agitation in Delhi`s Bhajanpura area over non-payment of their salaries.
The AAP government will appeal the Delhi High Court's Thursday order restoring the management quota in private unaided schools for nursery admissions, said Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
With the strike by municipal employees entering its ninth day, a delegation of agitating sanitation workers today met Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and said the fund offered by the AAP government for paying their salaries were "insufficient".
Divyansh, a Class I student of the Ryan International School, was found dead on January 30.
The British School in Chanakyapuri area was locked down for an hour today following a threat call.
In a setback to Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government, the Delhi High Court on Tuesday stayed order scrapping Management quota for nursery admissions in schools.
An engineer has written an open letter to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and sent him a demand draft of Rs 364 so that he could get a pair of new shoes for himself.
The Supreme Court on Thursday declined to entertain a plea seeking direction to three civic bodies in the capital to take steps to resolve the strike by their employees that has resulted garbage piling up in the city.
With municipal workers refusing to end the strike after Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government announced a loan of Rs 551 crore for payment of salaries, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, Thursday, would meet Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and Mayors.
Days after Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula committed suicide in Hyderabad, a group of students of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) in Delhi posted `derogatory remarks` against Dalit and tribal students on social media.
Delhi BJP has accused the AAP government of trying to take "advantage" of the employees'.
The Commission has taken cognizance of a complaint by school teachers alleging that non-payment of salary by the municipal corporations has put them on the verge of starvation.
What will be your reaction when an MLA of India's youngest party fails to sing the National Anthem?
The Delhi government will extend a loan of Rs 551 crore to two civic bodies, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Wednesday and alleged a situation was being created through the ongoing municipal strike to prepare grounds for imposition of central rule in the national capital.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Taking a selfie may be more dangerous than fun!
- Hafiz Saeed warns of more Pathankot like attacks on India
- North Korea attacks South Korea with poop-filled balloons
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- Tanzanian girl beaten, stripped by mob in Bengaluru
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- Budget Session to commence on February 23
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysis on MCD Strike; BJP, AAP throws garbage at each other - Part II
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- Exclusive: International Fleet Review begins in Visakhapatnam
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- We maintain Dawood Ibrahim is not in our country: Pakistan
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Nimrat Kaur turns red hot on FHM cover—See pic!
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif make our hearts melt—Know why!