The Delhi High Court on Monday imposed Rs 5,000 cost on BJP leader Karan Singh Tanwar for his failure to file response on an election petition filed by him against AAP legislator Surender Singh alleging that he furnished false information about his educational qualifications in a poll affidavit.
The Delhi government on Monday tabled the anti-corruption legislation, the Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill, in the assembly.
Stepping up the attack on ruling AAP over the Janlokpal Bill, Prashant Bhushan on Sunday said that the proposed legislation is "completely" different from its previous 2014 version.
Kejriwal took to Twitter and wrote, “Many CMs complaining of unconstitutional interference by Governors to favour BJP. Is this coop federalism?”
St Stephen's Principal Valson Thampu has called for giving a major say to Church of North India in the functioning of the college.
New Delhi is under a serious threat of aerial strikes from different terror outfits including the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the Ministry of Home Affairs said.
Prashant Bhushan, a noted lawyer, said the bill "thrashes" all the principles of an independent Lokpal and it is "worse than a Jokepal".
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at his residence.
The AAP government will soon be coming up with a policy to allot land for office of all political parties in the national capital, Delhi Development Minister Gopal Rai on Friday said.
The Delhi government on Friday said that it does not have any proposal to ban liquor in the national capital as of now.
The Delhi government on Friday tabled a Bill seeking to do away with the no-detention policy till Class VIII by amending relevant sections of the Right to Education Act, which it said are "prohibiting" quality education in schools.
Buying a car or hiring a farmhouse in the city is all set to get costlier, as the North Delhi Municipal Corporation on Friday approved the hike in one-time parking fee for vehicles and doubling of the charge for mansions used as wedding venues.
Cops hide behind trees, traffic rule violators, Delhi Traffic Police constables, Delhi Traffic Police, failure in traffic management, Delhi High Court.
AAP legislator Alka Lamba reiterated her demand for revocation of BJP lawmaker O.P. Sharma`s membership of the assembly.
The suspension bars Pushkar from partaking in the Assembly's proceedings today and on November 30.
As scores of protesters tried to scale the barricades at the protest site, police used water canons to disperse them.
The Delhi Police early on Friday managed to arrest the driver of the cash van who fled last night with a whopping Rs 22.5 crore from a godown in the Okhla Industrial Area.
The Delhi Government has substituted the word 'Lt Governor' with 'Government of NCT of Delhi' as a reference to the expression 'Government' in the Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Act, 2011, which was amended on Thursday.
Even though there is no confirmation from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Narendra Modi becoming the chief guest at the Jamia Millia Islamia's annual convocation, there is already a sense of resentment over his possible visit among students of the university.
Violation of labour norms in the national capital will attract stringent punishment like higher fines and imprisonment, Delhi Labour Minister Gopal Rai said on Thursday, as he introduced a bill which provided several new rules for welfare of workers.
In what could be the biggest cash heist in the national capital, the driver of a cash transit van allegedly fled with around Rs 22.5 crore from southeast Delhi's Govindpuri area on Thursday.
Delhi minister Gopal Rai said that India does not need foreign investment for achieving progress.
Delhi Assembly on Thursday passed the Delhi (Right Of Citizen To Time Bound Delivery of Services) Amendment Bill, a piece of legislation that will automatically deduct salaries of babus in cases of delay in delivering government services on their part.
A HC bench issued notice to Delhi government and CBSE and sought their replies on the plea by some persons claiming to be alumni of schools run by DPSS.
The ads were published by the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government to commemorate the adoption of Constitution.
Continuing his support for Bollywood actor Aamir Khan whose "intolerance" remarks triggered controversy, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said he is proud of him.
Effective policing and lack of adequate number of police personnel at the airport here encourage touts and illegal activities, bringing a bad name to the country, a Delhi court said on Wednesday holding an auto driver guilty of alluring passengers outside the arrival hall.
The Delhi Commission for Women on Tuesday issued a notice to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (police control room) over poor response of the 'PCR 100' helpline number.
Slamming OP Sharma for using derogatory remark against AAP legislator Alka Lamba, Delhi Assembly Speaker Ramniwas Goel on Tuesday said the BJP MLA's "shameful act" has violated the decorum of House.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Watch: Top 10 News @9:30 am
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Spirituality: Chant these 13 mantras for Surya Namaskar!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Don't think freedom of expression ever been so threatened: Nandita Das
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way