The Congress on Wednesday formed a five-member committee to examine the ongoing bills and debates in the Parliament on specific issues.
A Delhi court will on Thursday hear the bail plea of Aam Aadmi Party MLA Amanathulla Khan, arrested for allegedly threatening a woman after she had visited his residence to raise the issue of power cuts.
The betting racket was busted in Bhajanpura area in August last year.
Delhi Transport Minister Satyendar Jain on Wednesday said 17 auto-rickshaw unions which were part of the strike called against the app-based taxis have since called off their agitation.
Among the missing females during 2016 so far include 138 between 0 to 8 years, 83 in 8-12 years and 1,800 are between 12 to 18 years.
The Election Commission on Wednesday rejected pleas of the Congress, the BJP and the Delhi government to implead as parties to a petition in the office of profit case that seeks disqualification of 21 AAP legislators for holding the post of parliamentary secretaries.
Kejirwal suggested that Prime Minister is rattled by the good work being done by the AAP-led Delhi government.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday said no action has been taken against union ministers and BJP parliamentarians against whom criminal cases were pending while all official agencies had been let loose after AAP leaders.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday paid homage to former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam on his first death anniversary, terming him a true humanist and "an ardent believer in unleashing India`s true potential".
Coming to the aid of a 92-year-old man, a Delhi court has restrained his grandson from forcibly dispossessing him of a disputed property.
A female Aam Aadmi Party worker had filed a complaint against Ramesh Bhardwaj for allegedly touching her inappropriately and a case of molestation was registered in June.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday sarcastically asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to get his Transport Minister Satyendar Jain arrested after a senior officer complained against the minister.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)-led Delhi government termed the strike as sponsored by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The capital will witness a mega event to mark the Independence Day with the Modi government deciding to hold a cultural spectacle spanning six days from August 12, nearly two-and-half-months after it organised an extravaganza to celebrate its second anniversary at India Gate.
Delhi Aam Aadmi Party legislator Naresh Yadav was on Wednesday sent to judicial custody till August 1 by a Punjab court in connection with a Quran sacrilege incident last month.
Sanjay Singh said AAP legislators were being targeted by the Modi government everyday.
Delhi Chief Minster Arvind Kejriwal and his West Bengal counterpart Mamata Banerjee will attend the canonization ceremony of Mother Teresa in Rome on Sept 4.
The girl is now recovering but her plight has once again highlighted the plight of the girl child.
The Delhi Police on Tuesday registered a case against Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Swati Maliwal for allegedly revealing the identity of a 14-year-old Dalit rape victim. Maliwal responded by saying she is a revolutionary and not scared of any FIR.
The AAP on Tuesday termed the charge of alcoholism against its MP Bhagwant Mann "baseless" and demanded the Parliament should have a system wherein lawmakers could be checked if they are drunk before they enter the complex.
The city's auto and taxi unions on Tuesday went on an indefinite strike against app-based taxi services, causing hardship to thousands of commuters, even as the AAP government called the protest "BJP-sponsored".
Heavy rains lashed parts of the national capital providing some relief to Delhiites even as the downpour triggered traffic snarls in various intersections and busy roundabouts in the city.
It's no relief for AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan, who was arrested for allegedly threatening a woman.
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) A court here on Tuesday granted bail to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's former Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar, who was arrested on July 4 on charge of involveme
While dues of Rs 11.89 crore against Hotel Bharat (The Lalit), Le Meridien owes Rs 592 crore to the civic body.
As many as 54 supporters of dreaded terror group ISIS have been arrested in the country, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's former principal secretary Rajendra Kumar, who was arrested for his alleged involvement in a corruption case, was on Tuesday granted bail on a surety of Rs 1 lakh.
Congress MP K V P Ramchandra Rao on Tuesday moved a breach of privilege notice against Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for allegedly letting ruling members to go into Well of the House and disrupt proceedings.
Brutal rape of a four-year old girl in the national capital on Tuesday figured in the Rajya Sabha with members demanding stringent punishment for the accused.
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from Srinagar
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit
- Struggles never end in life, says Quantico star Priyanka Chopra
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi