A police team from Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh, arrived at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the national capital with the viscera samples of TV journalist Akshay Singh.
AAP leader and former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti was on Tuesday denied anticipatory bail by a Delhi court which termed the plea as "pre-mature" in a case of domestic violence filed against him by his wife.
A day after monsoon showers lashed the national capital, Delhiites woke up to a humid morning with the minimum temperature settling at 27.4 degrees Celsius.
Hitting out at the Aam Aadmi Party government's decision to hold referendum on the issue of full statehood to Delhi, Congress leader Manish Tewari on Tuesday wondered whether Arvind Kejriwal-led party wanted the same for Jammu and Kashmir.
The Congress Party on Monday alleged that Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal's demand of a Greece-style referendum for full statehood for Delhi is an attempt to divert the people's attention from the main subject of development.
The AAP government has directed all heads of departments to meet the public and address their grievances every day.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday alleged that the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party`s arrogance has come to the fore after Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh`s defence of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led Madhya Pradesh Government over the mysterious Vyapam scam deaths.
Delhi government on Monday suspended a Tihar jail Superintendent in connection with the escape of two inmates from the prison last month.
A court here on Monday extended the judicial custody of Delhi`s former law minister Jitender Singh Tomar in a fake degree case till July 20.
Initial investigations may have ruled out foul play behind the death of Jabalpur Medical College dean Arun Sharma here, but Delhi Police are probing the case from all angles as the state of his body indicated "some sort of choking".
The Internal Complaints Committee probe into St Stephen's College's molestation row is moving at a slow pace "due to unavailability" of all the panel members at a given point of time, a UGC official who visited the campus was informed on .
Referring to AAP's demand for a referendum on the issue of statehood for Delhi, the CPI on Monday said it is a larger political issue which needs to be discussed on the floor of House.
After thrice managing to escape the clutches of the police, a self-styled godman wanted in several cases in Punjab, including of murder and drug trafficking, was arrested from Rama Vihar in the Begumpur area here.
Reacting to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's demand for a Greece-style referendum on the issue of granting full statehood to Delhi, BJP leader Kiran Bedi on Monday said that having state within a state is not possible.
Congress on Monday staged a protest here demanding immediate appointment of Lokayukta by AAP Government in Delhi and filed a complaint with the anti-graft ombudsmen seeking action against legislators of the ruling party, including Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
A court here on Monday extended by 14 days the judicial custody of former Delhi law minister Jitender Singh Tomar in an alleged forged degree case.
Congress leader Ajay Maken on Monday termed as "unconstitutional and a dangerous ploy with grave fallout" Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's idea of conducting referendum on statehood for Delhi.
Decrying the delay in the appointment of a Lokayukta in Delhi, Congress leader Ajay Maken said his party will file a complaint against 28 AAP MLAs, including Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, in the Lokayukta office today.
Facing criticism over handling of the research scholar molestation case, St Stephen's principal Valson Thampu on Monday said he would resign if it was proved that "he was a cause of embarrassment to the institution".
The Communist Party of India (CPI) on Monday dubbed Madhya Pradesh Cabinet Minister Kailash Vijayvargiya's unwarranted remark about the journalist who died under mysterious circumstances as 'inhuman and irrational'.
Madhya Pradesh Cabinet minister Kailash Vijayvargiya's meeting with BJP president Amit Shah is currently underway.
In a move which is likely to further escalate tension between the Centre and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government here, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has now called for a Greece-style referendum on the issue of granting full statehood to Delhi.
App-based taxi service operator BookMyCab today said it has bagged licence from the Delhi government to operate in the NCR region.
A vegetable trader was allegedly robbed of Rs 70,000 at gunpoint today by unidentified men who offered him a lift near Pari Chowk here, police said.
The Congress party on Monday took to the streets in protest against the Aam Aadmi Party over the post of the Lokayukta lying vacant.
A Delhi court has directed the shifting of a temple and deities from a housing society on a plea of a resident alleging that musical instruments and loudspeaker were causing him disturbance, saying the complainant had a right to lead an undisturbed peaceful life.
Scores of students, teachers and women rights activists today took to the streets protesting against the alleged molestation of a research scholar at St Stephen's College and the principal's attempts to hush up the issue.
St. Stephen's College principal Valson Thampu on Monday said that his college was ready for a judicial or CBI enquiry, after a student alleged that a professor had sexual harassed her.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) chief Ajay Maken on Monday termed Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's demand for referendum on statehood for the national capital as unconstitutional, claiming that the AAP supremo purposely raises issues in order to cause conflict with the Central Government.
Senior advocate Prashant Bhushan on Monday called for an investigating agency from outside Madhya Pradesh to probe the Vyapam scam, noting that several top leaders of the state are said to be involved in the case.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC