Tripta Thapar, mother of Kargil martyr Captain Vijyant Thapar, on Saturday tied Rakhis to the ex-servicemen, who are protesting against the delay in implementation of the One Rank One Policy (OROP), at Jantar Mantar here.She also expressed her disappointment over the delay in the implementation of OROP.
The Delhi High Court on Friday sought the Delhi government's response on a plea alleging that over 1.5 lakh old aged destitute have not been paid pension of Rs 1000 per month by the municipal bodies here.
Delhi High Court on Friday dismissed a plea of one of the December 16 gangrape case convict seeking seizure of BBC documentary 'India's Daughter', apprehending it could be used against him during his appeal pending in Supreme Court against his conviction and sentence.
Left-affiliated Democratic Teachers' Front (DTF) candidate Nandita Narain was re-elected as the president of Delhi University Teachers' Association (DUTA) here on Friday.
To honour India's former president APJ Abdul Kalam, Delhi's popular Aurangzeb Road will soon be renamed after him, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Friday.
Delhi Law Minister Kapil Mishra Friday urged Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to order an FIR against former chief minister Sheila Dikshit and others in connection with an alleged scam in hiring water tankers which caused a loss of Rs 400 crore to the state exchequer.
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Wednesday conducted a surprise check at a government school in the national capital and found that teachers were missing, blackboards damaged and students sitting on carpet.
In order to control onion prices, Delhi government will send vans carrying the kitchen staple from four wholesale markets to all 70 Assembly constituencies on Friday.
St Stephen's professor who has been accused of sexual harassment by a PhD scholar has written to Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, alleging that due procedures are not being followed in probing the complaint and the committee is under pressure to rule against him.
The AAP government today told Delhi High Court that Lieutenant Governor (LG) was not the elected government of Delhi and was required to act on the aid and advice of the council of ministers.
Women can enjoy free travel in non-AC buses of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and (orange) cluster buses on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
A 68-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death with a blunt object after being robbed of cash and jewellery at her residence in central Delhi's Paharganj area on Wednesday.
The gang war inside a moving prison van which claimed the lives two inmates took a new twist with Delhi Police and Tihar authorities on Wednesday trying to pass the buck at each other.
Delhi government on Tuesday approved the implementation of e-office in all its departments and autonomous bodies in a time bound manner, becoming the first state government to do so.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will go to Bihar tomorrow to address a state function on Nitish Kumar's invitation.
Paras Goldy and Pradeep Bhola, both lead members of the Neetu Dabodia gang, had dodged death once each while in custody before meeting their fates in yesterday's gang war inside a moving prison van, the police said today.
Life of everyone, whether a human being or an animal, is important, the Delhi High Court said on Wednesday after an NGO sought directions to remove stray dogs from the streets of the capital calling them a menace.
Jailed gangster Neeraj Bawana, who and six others allegedly assaulted and killed two members of a rival gang in a jail van yesterday, on Wednesday moved a Delhi court seeking security for himself saying he apprehended threat to his life.
For the first time, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday gave credit to the media for AAP's electoral success even as he raised concern of alleged attempts that are being made to push "agenda" in the "garb" of news that has given negative publicity to his government.
Expressing alarm over a report that a Nepal-like earthquake could wipe out 90 percent of the population here, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday rapped the Centre, the city government and municipal bodies, saying they were waiting for disasters to happen as only 10-15 percent buildings in the capital complied with the building bye-laws.
Girl students of Indraprastha College had in 1950 demanded a swimming pool in the campus, and when denied, dug the pit for it themselves, archives from the 91-year-old college reveal.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought response from the AAP government, NDMC and others on a plea seeking imposing of complete ban on unauthorised parking at Sarojini Nagar market area here.
CBI has arrested an absconding accused who had submitted a forged letter of the then Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister's Office allegedly in a bid to secure admission into an engineering course at a Lucknow college.
The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has issued 80 notices this month to the Rashtrapati Bhavan after dengue mosquitoes were found breeding at various places at the sprawling estate.
A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment for gang-raping his nine-year-old daughter, by a Delhi court which refused to take a lenient view observing that he gave his daughter such a betrayal of faith of relationship that would really be difficult for her to forget.
A five-year-old girl died while four members of her family were severely injured when the roof of a gurdwara collapsed in east Delhi's Geeta Colony area, police said on Wednesday.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)-led Delhi Government slammed the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for declaring its Inquiry Commission on the CNG fitness scam as 'null and void', saying that Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led Government was not a subordinate department of MHA.
Representatives of ex-servicemen on Tuesday said they were trying to meet Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to discuss the One Rank One Pension (OROP) issue.
The youth arrested for allegedly harassing a 20-year-old Delhi University student in west Delhi's Tilak Nagar was granted bail, police said on Tuesday.
Delhi Anti-corruption Bureau (ACB) Chief M K Meena on Tuesday said he is mulling "legal recourse" against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for the latter's alleged derogatory remarks terming him as "corrupt".
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Top Bollywood Breaking News
- Sheena Bora murder: Bewildering events of Indrani Mukherjea's life!
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder-Part 2
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Ever growing mystery of Sheena Bora murder case!-Part 2
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani
- Who was the fourth man in Indrani Mukerjea's life?
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- PayPal fixes security flaw that allowed hackers to steal your money!
- Afraid of India? Pakistan may have world's 'third biggest nuke arsenal in a decade'
- Sonakshi Sinha slams jokes on Sheena Bora murder case
- You may have aphantasia if you can't recall the faces of your loved ones
- Picture released! Pakistani terrorist caught by Indian Army in J&K operation
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!