Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia Tuesday visited the walled city to revive the Shahjahanabad redevelopment plan which was cleared in 2007 by the previous government for giving a facelift to old Delhi area but later put on the backburner.
A sessions court here has set aside the one-year jail term given to a man for beating and torturing his wife for dowry, saying the alleged cruelty has not been proved as there were contradictions in the woman's testimony.
Ignoring AAP government's view, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung has given his nod to prosecute former Delhi law minister and party MLA Somnath Bharti in connection with alleged misbehaviour with African women during a midnight raid in south Delhi in January, 2014.
A 30-year-old man has been awarded a ten-year jail term for raping his nine-year-old stepdaughter by a court here which said that in a civil society, such offences cannot be expected to be committed by a person in such close relationship.
After facing criticism from all quarters, former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti has now become the target of his wife over his controversial remarks on women.
It was a cloudy Tuesday morning here with the minimum temperature recorded at 29 degrees Celsius, the Met Office said.
Aam Aadmi Party leader and former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti is in the news again, this time for making controversial remarks on women.
Former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti on Monday created a flutter by saying that "beautiful women" would be able to go out at midnight provided AAP government takes over policing system in the national capital.
The Delhi government on Monday told the Delhi High Court that since the May 13 order of the Supreme Court ruling that taxpayers' money cannot be spent to build the image of political leaders, it has spent Rs.22.33 crore on advertisements related to its policies.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday announced that the state government had initiated the process to set up the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC).
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday clubbed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and Delhi Police in the same category and termed them as "speed breakers" for AAP's "car" of governance in the national capital.
Delhi Police on Monday launched a web-based app for issuing Character Verification Report (CVR).
The Aam Aadmi Party government has come out with fresh guidelines for preparing cabinet notes.
Hours after Anti-Corruption Branch Chief Mukesh Meena ordered a probe against a senior bureaucrat for allegedly allowing conversion of industrial plots from leasehold to freehold in 2011-12, Delhi government on Monday strongly denied the charge, saying due approvals of 'competent authorities' were taken for the conversion process.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday announced that government had initiated the process for setting up a State Human Rights Commission (SHRC).
A Crime Branch team on Monday raided two Delhi University colleges and seized forged documents allegedly used for admission in the concerned colleges.
In a fresh tussle with Delhi government, Anti Corruption Branch Chief MK Meena has ordered an inquiry against senior bureaucrat CB Sanghi for allegedly allowing conversion of industrial plots from leasehold to freehold when he was CMD Delhi State Industrial And Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited in 2011-12.
Amid AAP government's standoff with the police on a range of issues, the Delhi Assembly on Monday recommended setting up of an inquiry commission to probe alleged police inaction in cases of sexual harassment, stalking and voyeurism since February 2013 when a stringent anti-rape law had come into force.
The protesting Film and Television Institute of India students, who are demanding removal of BJP member Gajendra Chauhan as FTII's chairman, are scheduled to meet Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday.
Alleging "victimisation" and "harassment", St Stephen's College professor Nandita Narain, who is seeking re-election as Delhi University Teachers' Association president, has threatened legal action against principal Valson Thampu if she is not grated leave for campaigning.
A court here on Monday said there was "sufficient material" to proceed with the criminal defamation complaint filed by a Delhi Police constable against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for using a slang "thulla" to describe policemen.
A team of the Delhi Police Crime Branch on Monday questioned the staff of Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College in it`s probe into the fake admissions scam at the varsity.
Senior IAS officer Rajan S Katoch was given yet another extension as the Chief of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) by the government on Monday.
Aam Aadmi Party chief and Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has convened a special one-day session of Delhi Legislative Assembly to discuss women's security in the national capital.
In a bid to address the growing challenges in law enforcement, the Delhi Police is all set to begin the use of Taser guns, a non-lethal gun that stuns suspects without endangering lives.
Over a 100 students of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) protested here on Monday, demanding the removal of its newly-appointed chairman Gajendra Chauhan.
An all-faith prayer meeting was organised in the national capital to pay tribute to former President A P J Abdul Kalam.
The Delhi government has failed to conduct quality tests of the food served under the mid-day meal programme in its schools for the last four months due to non-empanelment of testing labs, response to an RTI query has revealed.
The Congress Party staged a protest against the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government at Preet Vihar area of the national capital on Sunday for backtracking on the promise of appointing a Lokpal.
Eight more trains will run across the Delhi Metro network from Monday after a decision was taken to augment it keeping in view a general trend of increased ridership in the months of August and September over the last few years.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Fast and Facts @ 4pm
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Ex-servicemen to intensify agitation, seek meeting with PM over OROP
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list