A fire broke out in the Border Security Force (BSF) office here on Tuesday afternoon but no one was injured in the incident, authorities said.
A Delhi court has decided to put on trial a former engineer of Delhi Jal Board (DJB) accused of raping a senior executive of a private firm in 2006, saying a prima facie case is made out against him.
Cracking whip against illegal sex determination tests being performed in the national capital, Delhi Government on Monday announced a slew of measures including Rs one lakh cash reward to those providing information about the centres conducting such tests.
Days after a man smuggled a country-made pistol inside the Delhi Metro premises, the CISF on Monday said it has asked Metro authorities to immediately plug a long-existing "weak link" in the security infrastructure at some of the stations in its network.
Aam Aadmi Party leaders on Monday called on Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi to demand the arrest of BJP leader Karan Singh Tanwar for illegally confining and threatening a senior NDMC official in his office.
The Delhi Secretariat will be the first in the country to run completely on renewable and solar energy, the Delhi government announced on Monday.
A Delhi court has refused to set aside the jail term of an auto rickshaw driver held guilty of drunk driving, observing that instances of accidents under influence of alcohol are increasing and some deterrence is required.
Delhi Police on Monday denied permission to the Aam Aadmi Party to hold the 'Car-Free Day' event on Dussehra, October 22, saying the government did not hold prior consultation with the force before taking a decision in this regard.
The Supreme Court on Monday reused to grant bail to AAP leader Somnath Bharti.
St Stephen's college's principal Valson Thampu on Sunday said that the molestation row of a research scholar, which rocked the college for over three months, was "worse" than the Dadri lynching case.
Somnath Bharti was on Sunday sent to Tihar Jail for a day by a Delhi Court.
Delhi Metro has been ranked first in "information during travel", as per an international survey of Metro systems.
A Delhi Court on Sunday sent Aam Aadmi Party ( AAP) legislator Somnath Bharti, who has been accused of domestic violence and attempt to murder by his wife Lipika Mitra, to one-day judicial custody.
Delhi Police has denied permission to AAP dispensation's ambitious 'Car-Free Day' event planned to be held later this month, saying the government did not hold "prior consultation" with the force before taking any decision in this regard.
Concerned about the dwindling number of students opting for Hindi in Delhi University, a section of teachers have petitioned the HRD ministry to make the language compulsory again.
The Delhi Police on Saturday filed a supplementary chargesheet against AAP MLA and former law minister Somnath Bharti in connection with his midnight raid in the Khirki Extension area last year.
The Delhi government on Friday issued notice to 14 doctors for dereliction of duty in dealing with the dengue crisis.
Expressing surprise over Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi appearing for Delhi police against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti in a domestic violence case lodged by his wife, Aam Aadmi Party on Friday lashed out at the Centre saying this was proof of its involvement in Delhi's affairs.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday criticised the central government for giving priority to the domestic violence case against its leader Somnath Bharti, saying it looks like the government does not want him to be released on bail.
Delhi Police and Central Industrial Security Force ( CISF) have initiated separate probes in a major security breach that occurred at the Rajiv Chowk Metro Station last night when a 22-year-old man allegedly shot himself with a country-made gun.
An electrician has been awarded rigorous jail term for two-and-a-half years by a Delhi court for injuring his wife with a screw driver and subjecting her to cruelty for bringing insufficient dowry, but absolved him of dowry death charge.
Keeping in view the dengue crisis in the capital, MCD sanitation workers on Friday decided to postpone their decision to go on a strike to press for the fulfilment of their long pending demands, including regularisation of ad-hoc workers and payment of arrears.
The country-made pistol which was used by a man to shoot himself inside a Delhi Metro station was cleverly sneaked in the premises inside a bag from an unmanned area near a customer care counter, security agencies probing the incident have found.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Friday slammed PM Modi for ignoring former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri.
In line with the 'Swachh Bharat' mission, the government on Friday inaugurated a public toilet complex in the heart of the city, built at a cost of about Rs 15 lakh.
The Delhi Police will on Friday visit all those places where former law minister Somnath Bharti stayed, including Agra and Mathura, while evading arrest in a domestic violence case filed by his wife Lipika Mitra.
Delhi Police's Special Cell has registered an FIR against unnamed persons for their alleged links with Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Ansar-ut-Tawhid (AuT), based on intelligence inputs about possible terror strikes in several cities, including the national capital.
Controversial AAP MLA Somnath Bharti will have to undergo custodial interrogation for three more days with a city court on Thursday extending his police remand till October 4 in an alleged domestic violence and attempt to murder case lodged by his wife.
Terming child sexual abuse as an "epidemic", Delhi High Court has said that not only parents, but even trial courts dealing with such cases, should create an atmosphere where the victims can depose truthfully against "sexual perpetrators".
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Dadri lynching: BJP MLA Sangeet Som questions arrests, says SP appeasing minority community
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Sheikh Hasina accuses 'BNP-Jamaat' of killing foreigners in Bangladesh; ISIS takes responsibility
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences
- Trucks laden with supplies head to Nepal
- ISI training terrorists in several terror camps in PoK: Intelligence Bureau
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world