Amid the ongoing controversy over anti-India slogans being raised at an event at the Jawaharlal Nehru University against the hanging of 2001 Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi will meet Home Minister Rajnath on Saturday to discuss further action over the matter.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday slammed Prime Minister Narendra-Modi and warned him that targetting innocent students over Afzal Guru row will prove very costly to his government at Centre.
Delhi Police on Friday issued an alert asking the students community across the country not to get carried away by such seditious anti-national rhetoric.
A group of RSS-affiliated Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) activists held counter-demonstrations at the India Gate
Justifying Sedition charges on the students of the Jawaharlal Nehru University for eulogising Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi on Friday warned people of indulging in anti-state activities saying that the punishment for the same ranged from three years to life imprisonment.
The Modi government is acting against the institute because it has refused to toe its line, the Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said.
The JNU Teachers Association on Friday came out in support of the students of the Jawaharlal Nehru University and termed the police action as “totally uncalled”.
The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to the central government and Delhi lt. governor on a plea seeking direction to enforce pollution control rules which prescribes punishment for driving a polluting vehicle.
Agitated over Kanhaiya's arrest, the students gathered outside the Vice Chancellor's office demanding intervention on the issue.
Kanhaiya Kumar was arrested for raising anti-India slogans at an event organised by the students to commemorate the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
The Delhi High Court will hear on February 15 a plea that it direct the Delhi government and the East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC) to pay arrears of the Sixth Pay Commission award to the civic employees.
Left parties on Friday asked Delhi Police to not act in "connivance" with ABVP to target "entire Left".
Delhi High Court Friday sought responses from the Centre and Lieutenant Governor on a PIL alleging that the government has "maliciously misdirected themselves" to slash the number of vehicles on road by the odd-even scheme instead of enforcing pollution control rules.
Noida Metro Rail Corp (NMRC) today said it has completed first phase of construction in record time on Noida-Greater Noida Metro Corridor and structural work of all 21 metro stations is expected to be completed by March 2017.
In a scathing attack, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has accused the BJP-led central government of "saffronising" the Delhi Police, which has had frequent run-ins with the AAP government.
JNU on Tuesday witnessed clashes between two student groups over Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Residents doctors of the neuro surgery department at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Thursday alleged a senior professor of the institution had manhandled and verbal abused them and sought his removal.
Talking to senior editors in Delhi, he said philosophically he believed that a chief minister should be there to supervise the work of other ministers and not to get into nitty gritty of their departments.
Concerned over anti-national acvities at Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), East Delhi's MP and BJP's national secretary Maheish Girri on Thursday wrote to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Delhi's Police Commissioner Bassi.
The Odd-Even scheme was last implemented in Delhi from January 1 to 15.
Kejriwal said VIPs will be exempted in the second phase of odd-even formula.
He said the Congress may be the runner up in the Punjab battle. "The Akalis are in a bad shape."
Five Aam Aadmi Party members are to be questioned today by Delhi Police in connection with the death of farmer Gajendra Singh at a party rally at Jantar Mantar last year.
According to reports, the second phase is likely to be introduced in April as school examinations will be underway in March.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will address a rally of e-rickshaw drivers at Ramlila Maidan on February 17 and distribute subsidy cheques of Rs 15,000 each among them.
A 30-year-old computer graduate, who along with his gang allegedly duped people of several lakhs of rupees on the pretext of securing admissions to medical institutes across the country, was arrested.
The BJP on Wednesday sought Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's resignation after the Delhi High Court set aside a trial court order to the CBI to release documents seized during a raid at the state secretariat.
Transport Minister Gopal Rai said that the government will make the announcement after reviewing over 11 lakh responses received from the public.
Almost 13,500 Delhiites took part in the survey, of which 10,514 favoured the scheme .
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- 2nd T20I: India vs Sri Lanka 2016 - Preview
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Odd-even scheme to return from April 15-30 in Delhi; VIPs, women to be exempted: Kejriwal
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- This was Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's wife's last wish for him