The Delhi High Court on Tuesday reserved its order on bunch of applications filed by Delhi government seeking a stay on the proceedings over the powers of the lt. governor over governance in the city-state.
In a stern warning to the private power distribution companies, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today gave deadline of one week to them to address the problem of outages saying government will not hesitate to cancel their licenses if they fail to comply with the directive.
Congress VP Rahul Gandhi will hit the streets of the national capital on May 28.
After a video showing a lady beating her 85-year-old mother went viral, the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) on Tuesday took cognisance of the case and assured strict action against the guilty woman.
JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar, who is out on bail in a sedition case in connection with an event on campus, on Tuesday said finishing his PhD is now more of a "political responsibility" for him rather than an academic one.
An air ambulance coming from Patna with seven persons on board crash landed in Najafgarh area of South West Delhi.
The Delhi Police said both women will be counselled to ensure that this doesn't happen again
The air ambulance – a chartered flight from Patna to Delhi - crash landed in a field in Kair village in Jaffarpur Kalan.
Hundreds of BJP workers on Tuesday staged a protest in front of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's residence here demanding improvement in power and water supply in the national capital following which police used water cannons to disperse them.
Friend-turned-foe Prashant Bhushan has accused Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of being an opportunist.
As per the report, a girder collapsed at the under-construction site for Rapid Metro.
The national capital and its surrounding areas witnessed a thunderstorm and heavy rain on Monday, which brought some respite from the heat wave that has been sweeping north India and other parts of the country, as Delhiites woke up to a cool 27 degrees.
A dust storm accompanied by light rains swept the national capital on Monday bringing much-awaited respite to Delhiites from the oppressive heat as the maximum temperature dropped to settle at 40.9 degrees Celsius.
This video is going viral on various social media platforms.
After release, DU professor Saibaba reached the Telangana Martyrs’ Memorial at Gun Park opposite the state assembly and paid tributes.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has said that both BJP and Congress share good relations and are fooling the people.
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party National Convenor Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he would not even spare his own children if they were found to be involved in illegalities.
A 23-year-old Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) student was arrested on Friday for allegedly raping a woman classmate after getting her drunk in his hostel room, police said.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi, who joined the BJP not before 2015, was appointed as Puducherry Lieutenant Governor on Sunday and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was one among those who wished her luck on getting this post.
The inferno broke out when the train was standing at a platform.
Two transgenders were on Saturday arrested for allegedly trying to kidnap a toddler from a popular shopping mall in west Delhi area, police said.
A BJP worker died after he was allegedly hit by a brick following a clash during a victory rally by CPI(M) workers at Idavilangu in Kerala on Thursday.
Following a surprise inspection at several night shelters in the national capital, Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Swati Maliwal on Sunday said the women staying at the shelters are living in precarious conditions and that their safety is at huge risk.
Ishan Gill, a resident of Gurgaon's DLF-2 area had hired the cab using the Uber app at 12.36 a.m. from Defence Colony in South Delhi to his home on May 15.
Claiming that poor maintenance of electricity plants by discoms was responsible for power cuts, Delhi Power Minister Satyendra Jain on Saturday announced that consumers would be compensated for outages of more than two hours.
An anonymous caller on Saturday made a call to the National Investigation Agency, threatening to blow up highly-guarded residences of Prime Minister Narendra Modia and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
In a horrific incident, a truck driver rammed his vehicle into the entrance of a subway in Delhi's Nauroji Nagar on Saturday afternoon.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Saturday (May 21, 2016) announced the results of Class 12.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Saturday (May 21, 2016) declared the CBSE Class 12 result 2016/CBSE XII Results 2016.
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- India-Iran's friendship is as old as history: PM Modi
- Two terror attacks in Srinagar in one hour
- Delhi: Rain brings some respite from heat wave
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand
- No confirmation of Taliban chief''s death: Nawaz Sharif
- South Africa`s Zuma to hear if 800 graft charges reinstated
- Summer special - Shahnaz Husain's tips for maintaining glowing skin
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- TIRUN announces maiden voyage of world's largest cruise ship
- Jayalalithaa takes oath as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Katrina Kaif looks as pretty as a picture on 'Jagga Jasoos' sets in Morocco! View pics
- If you think you are popular on social media then here’s a reality check
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders in Tehran today
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli breaks two T20 world records with unbeaten 54 against Delhi Daredevils
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- India's first-ever indigenous 'space shuttle' RLV-TD successfully launched from Sriharikota