The Delhi Government has substituted the word 'Lt Governor' with 'Government of NCT of Delhi' as a reference to the expression 'Government' in the Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Act, 2011, which was amended on Thursday.
Even though there is no confirmation from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Narendra Modi becoming the chief guest at the Jamia Millia Islamia's annual convocation, there is already a sense of resentment over his possible visit among students of the university.
Violation of labour norms in the national capital will attract stringent punishment like higher fines and imprisonment, Delhi Labour Minister Gopal Rai said on Thursday, as he introduced a bill which provided several new rules for welfare of workers.
In what could be the biggest cash heist in the national capital, the driver of a cash transit van allegedly fled with around Rs 22.5 crore from southeast Delhi's Govindpuri area on Thursday.
Delhi minister Gopal Rai said that India does not need foreign investment for achieving progress.
Delhi Assembly on Thursday passed the Delhi (Right Of Citizen To Time Bound Delivery of Services) Amendment Bill, a piece of legislation that will automatically deduct salaries of babus in cases of delay in delivering government services on their part.
A HC bench issued notice to Delhi government and CBSE and sought their replies on the plea by some persons claiming to be alumni of schools run by DPSS.
The ads were published by the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government to commemorate the adoption of Constitution.
Continuing his support for Bollywood actor Aamir Khan whose "intolerance" remarks triggered controversy, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said he is proud of him.
Effective policing and lack of adequate number of police personnel at the airport here encourage touts and illegal activities, bringing a bad name to the country, a Delhi court said on Wednesday holding an auto driver guilty of alluring passengers outside the arrival hall.
The Delhi Commission for Women on Tuesday issued a notice to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (police control room) over poor response of the 'PCR 100' helpline number.
Slamming OP Sharma for using derogatory remark against AAP legislator Alka Lamba, Delhi Assembly Speaker Ramniwas Goel on Tuesday said the BJP MLA's "shameful act" has violated the decorum of House.
A group of persons allegedly vandalised the car of Aam Aadmi Party MLA Sharad Chauhan after a scuffle between them and the men accompanying the Narela legislator at outer Delhi's Bakoli village, police said on Tuesday.
BJP lawmaker OP Sharma was suspended from the Delhi Assembly for making derogatory remarks about his AAP counterpart Alka Lamba in an incident that led to uproar in the house.
Lawyers of Karkardooma district courts in Delhi on Tuesday abstained from work protesting against implementation of an ordinance to set up commercial benches in high courts to deal with business disputes of over Rs one crore.
A Delhi court noted that driving a vehicle in a drunken condition not only endangers the life of the driver but also the life of other road users.
At the launch event, SDMC's Chairman Standing Committee Radhey Shyam Sharma said,"We have simplifying the license process.
The outstanding cases for ex-parte cases per zone are City (110), Sadar Pahargaj (603), Karol Bagh (1,030), Civil Lines (3,094), Rohini (15,169) and Narela (4,621), total adding up to 24,627 cases, the NDMC said.
Srivastava and his family had hired the auto rickshaw from Anand Vihar railway station after deboarding a train in the wee hours of Saturday, heading for their accommodation in west Delhi's Janakpuri area, said police.
Niwas Goel said that the Special Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) has assured that such problem will not occur in future.
Kalam's brother said the centre may be used for higher education and research for school students and youth.
CM Arvind Kejriwal said his government has achieved more than what Sheila Dikshit's dispensation did in 15 years and even outperformed the NDA at Centre.
Arvind Kejriwal will remain Aam Aadmi Party's convenor till May 15, the party announced.
The Delhi High Court on Monday sought a reply from the central and Delhi governments and police on a PIL seeking better management of traffic jams caused by VIP movements here.
Around 40 suspended AAP members and about 100 party members not invited to its National Council meeting on Monday staged a protest outside the venue.
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal on Monday claimed that the party is not in the race for 2019 elections and asked its members to not run after polls even as he indicated that the party could get a Delhi-like opportunity in Punjab.
A couple and their three children were on Monday burnt to death in a major fire that broke out in a shanty in west Delhi, the Delhi Fire Service said.
The incident was also recorded by someone, which later went viral on media.
The woman in her complaint at Mehrauli police station said that she worked as a domestic maid.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Shiv Sena calls Aamir Khan 'idiot Ranchhoddas', questions his patriotism
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent