Former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat is being questioned by the state's crime branch in connection with the US firm Louis Berger bribery case.
Former Louis Berger Vice-President Satyakam Mohanty was on Monday arrested in connection with the pay-off scandal involving the New Jersey-based consultancy firm that is charged with bribing Indian officials to win two major water developmental projects in Goa and Guwahati, police said.
Noisy scenes were witnessed in the Goa Legislative Assembly on Monday after Opposition members alleged that trees were being illegally felled by promoter of an upcoming golf course project in Pernem taluka and demanded formation of a House Committee to study the matter.
The Goa government is in the process of starting a Global School of Tourism and School of Strategic and Security Studies in association with the Goa University, chief minister Laxmikant Parsekar told the state assembly on Monday.
Terming the Louis Berger bribery case as just the "tip of the iceberg", Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said the Centre will extend all possible assistance to expose the "scams" during Congress rule in Goa.
Less than fifty per cent of the Anganwadi Centers (AWCs) in the country have toilets, according to Women and Child Development Ministry.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has promised assistance from the central government to help nail scams of the erstwhile Congress-led coalition government in Goa.
Shedding new light on the manner in which money for bribes was requisitioned in the Louis Berger case, Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said that a code word related to engineering was used as a camouflage for bribery demands.
Taking a strong objection to the Goa Government's resolution granting pardon to jailed MLA Francisco 'Miccky' Pacheco, Opposition Congress on Saturday demanded that similar clemency be extended to other prisoners languishing in jails.
Congress on Saturday stood by former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case, saying there is no question of his involvement the scam.
Pardoning a convicted lawmaker`s prison sentence for assaulting a government servant may embolden elected representatives to assault government servants in the future, the Goa Government Employees Association (GGEA) has said.
Goa Speaker Rajendra Arlekar today said that if Governor Mridula Sinha approves the state cabinet's decision to pardon imprisoned Goa Vikas Party legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco then he will be allowed to participate in the proceedings in the ongoing session.
Assaulting a government servant is a "minor offence", Goa`s deputy chief minister Francis D`Souza said on Friday, while justifying the adoption of a resolution by the state cabinet to "pardon" legislator Francisco Pacheco, sentenced to six months in jail for assault.
Several parents in Goa Friday blocked the main roads and bridges across the state and allegedly pelted some buses with stones while demanding English to be made the medium of instruction and government grants for every academic year.
The Goa Cabinet has moved a resolution granting pardon to jailed Nuvem MLA Francisco Miccky Pacheco, who was sentenced to six months' imprisonment for slapping a government servant in 2006.
Congress MLA Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco was marshalled out from the Goa Legislative Assembly today for creating ruckus by ignoring Speaker's plea to observe restraint.
A Nepalese national was on Thursday arrested by the Goa Police for allegedly making a hoax call about terrorists having "entered the state".
The Goa Government on Thursday said it was not in favour of scrapping the controversial Regional Plan 2021 though it is willing to make genuine corrections in the blueprint.
Nearly 28 years after its first edition, Goa's lone Konkani daily 'Sunaparant' is heading for a closure from next month, with the management attributing the decision to escalating cost of bringing out the newspaper.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday said those involved in the US firm Louis Berger bribery scandal will not get any pardon from his government.
The Goa Lokayukta's post is lying vacant because of the lack of a suitable candidate, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said on Wednesday.
The Goa government has earmarked Rs 1.58 crore this year to preserve marine wealth including fisheries from mechanised trawling during the annual fishing ban.
Even as former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat is to be questioned on Wednesday by Crime Branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case, Congress on Wednesday sought to know the details about the "JICA case" which is currently in the news.
Goa government has decided to provide financial assistance to those village panchayats in the state that witnessed a drop in their revenues due to closure of mining industry around three years back.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday said the state has been borrowing within the limits as against the picture projected by the Opposition that the government is heading towards a big debt trap.
Former Goa PWD minister Churchill Alemao Wednesday appeared before the Crime Branch again in connection with Louis Berger bribery case, a day after the sleuths questioned him for over seven hours.
Mining may resume in Goa in October after a gap of nearly three years, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar told the legislative assembly on Wednesday.
Former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat on Wednesday appeared before the state police crime branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
Former Goa chief minister Digamber Kamat would appear before the crime branch today in connection with Louis Berger bribery case.
Former Public Works Department minister Churchill Alemao on Tuesday appeared before the Goa Police crime branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide