Former Public Works Department minister Churchill Alemao on Tuesday appeared before the Goa Police crime branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
Goa Legislative Assembly on Tuesday paid rich tributes to former President APJ Abdul Kalam and the House was adjourned after adopting a condolence motion.
Former Goa Public Works Minister Churchill Alemao today appeared before Crime branch sleuths here for questioning in connection with the bribery case involving US management consultancy firm Louis Berger.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Monday agreed to ruling legislators` demand for ensuring a CBI probe into the Louis Berger international bribery scam.
Lauding the US judiciary for its ruling on the Louis Berger international bribery scam, Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Monday asked the Indian judiciary to "incorporate" such an approach.
Ruling coalition members in Goa Assembly on Monday targeted opposition Congress over the Louis Berger bribery scam, which allegedly involves a former minister of the party.
BJP MLA Michael Lobo on Monday demanded that imprisoned Goa Vikas Party (GVP) legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco should be granted parole by the state government to allow him to participate in the ongoing Legislative Assembly session.
Dramatic scenes were witnessed on the first day of the Goa assembly's monsoon session on Monday with Speaker Rajendra Arlekar ordering marshals to escort opposition MLAs out of the house after they sought resignation of Industries Minister Mahadev Naik for cheating.
A fortnight-long session of Goa Legislative Assembly will start on Monday with the opposition planning to corner the BJP-led government on allegations of financial misdemeanor against the industries minister.
Goa government on Saturday suspended project director A Wachasunder who was heading the Water augmentation and sewerage line project which has run into controversy over bribery charges.
Goa`s lone Rajya Sabha MP Shantaram Naik on Saturday accused the defence ministry of trying to "grab" six lakh sq metres of land in a village for setting up a permanent venue for Defence Expo and Aero India shows.
BJP legislator Subhash Phaldesai has claimed that Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar might have revealed to investigators the names of two ministers allegedly involved in the USD 976,630 Louis Berger international bribery scam.
Goa Police on Wednesday said prima facie it has come to light that "bribe was paid" by a US firm for a water developmental project in the state.
Former Congress Minister Churchill Alemao has denied involvement in the bribery scandal related to US firm Louis Berger, while the Congress on Tuesday demanded filing of an FIR against those linked to the case.
The Crime Branch of the Goa Police began its probe into the alleged payment of USD 976,630 in bribes to a state minister and officials by an international consultancy firm, media reports said on Tuesday.
The ruling BJP in Goa on Monday sought a CBI probe into the bribery case involving a US firm even as former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, who headed the Congress government in the state when the alleged pay off was made, denied intervention of any of his ministers in clearing the project in question.
Former Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, who headed the government during the alleged bribery case involving a US firm in 2009, has ruled out involvement of any of his ministers.
Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday hinted that two former ministers might be involved in the alleged bribery case involving a US firm over a water developmental scheme in the state.
In a move which could have an impact on Portuguese-era mansions in the state, the Goa government on Friday decided to conduct audit of buildings that are more than 30 years old and make it mandatory for these structures to provide stability certificate every five years.
The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government wants to ensure a foolproof coastal security system for the country, union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said here on Monday.
Ahead of the crucial security review meeting on Monday in Goa, Union Home minister Rajnath Singh this evening arrived in the coastal state.
A major breakthrough was achieved in locating the missing Dornier aircraft after the flight data recorder along with the debris of the Indian Coast Guard plane was recovered on Friday.
Months after Goa's tourist taxi drivers threatened an agitation over installation of digital metres, the cabbie community in the state may now go off the roads over an increase in licences granted to rent-a-car operators.
The Supreme Court ban on the "voracious" iron ore mining in Goa may have saved the state from ecological peril, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said.
The Goa BJP on Friday demanded parole for jailed ex-minister Francisco Pacheco to let him attend upcoming assembly session on the lines of former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda and Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt.
In a major step towards recovering the money involved in illegal mining in Goa, a team of chartered accountants constituted by the state government has submitted details about 82 of the total 118 mining leases.
Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar was on Tuesday accused of "faking" his educational qualification in his poll-related affidavit but Deputy Chief Minister Francis D'Souza said an elected representative "need not be educationally qualified".
The newly inaugurated prison in Colvale village of Goa will be soon operational after India Reserve Battalion (IRB) takes over the outward security of this jail, a top official said on Monday.
Goa Archbishop Filile Neri Ferrao on Saturday said "clouds of fear and insecurity" were looming large over the minorities in the country while expressing solidarity with a 48-year-old Catholic nun from Raipur who was gang raped on June 19.
Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav believes that Goa can show the way on green politics in India considering the state's past history of fighting for environmental causes.
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Search for Alien life: China rushes to finish world's largest radio telescope
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Know what's making Sujoy Ghosh's 14-minute thriller 'Ahlaya' a big hit
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- 'Brothers': Karan Johar celebrates 8 million views!
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment