The Goa Police Crime Branch has filed an FIR against Goa politicians, police officials, two newspapers and over 1,100 matka gambling bookies and masterminds of a gambling operation based in Gujarat.
Former Goa chief minister Churchill Alemao and former project director of the compromised JICA funded project Anand Wachasundar were granted bail by a special court here on Monday in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
A 20-year-old girl from Raigad district of Maharashtra was allegedly drugged and raped by an acquaintance in North Goa's Anjuna village near here, police said on Wednesday.
Goa government on Monday contended before the Goa bench of Bombay High Court here that the lower court erred in granting pre-arrest bail to former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat in the Louis Berger bribery case.
Former Goa minister Churchill Alemao has filed a fresh bail application before the special court in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
Locals of Ramnathi in North Goa district where the Sanatan Sanstha is headquartered, have demanded a ban on the right-wing outfit and urged the state government to ensure that its ashram is shifted out of their village failing which they would intensify their agitation against them and their 'sadhaks' (seekers).
Goa Legislative Assembly Speaker Rajendra Arlekar will be inducted into state Cabinet by Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar.
Goa Police Crime Branch has sought to conduct narco-analysis test on former chief minister Digambar Kamat and the then PWD minister Churchill Alemao in the Louis Berger bribery case, an official said on Wednesday.
Filing the chargesheet in the Louis Berger bribery case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had named former Goa PWD minister Churchill Alemao as an accused. Former CM Digambar Kamat has also been named but only as an suspect.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday ruled out banning right-wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha – a demand made by the Congress leaders of the state.
Goa Crime Branch will file the chargesheet in the Louis Berger bribery case on September 28, naming former minister Churchill Alemao and others as "accused", while ex-Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat's name will be added as an accused in the supplementary chargesheet.
A BJP MLA on Tuesday sought a ban on Sanatan Sanstha, whose member was arrested in connection with the murder of Left leader Govind Pansare, for "creating terror" like Students and Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The Goa government has extended the ban on controversial Sri Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik till January 14, 2016.
Hindu right-wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha member Rudra Patil, a suspect in leftist Govind Pansare`s murder, was in regular touch with the mastermind of the 2009 Goa bomb blast, police said.
Right wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha, which is again in focus after a man allegedly having links with it was arrested in connection with the murder of rationalist Govind Pansare, has claimed that it was being wrongly targeted as it did not have any political backing.
Goans across the state have geared up to celebrate the ten-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival as cities wore a deserted look while villages bustled with people returning home during holidays to attend the revelry.
Sleuths on Wednesday conducted a search at the office of a realtor known to be a close aide of former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat in connection with the mining scam.
The Congress in Goa has filed a police complaint against union Minister of State for Culture Mahesh Sharma for allegedly delivering a hate speech against minority religions, a party leader said on Wednesday.
The PMO has asked the finance ministry to take "appropriate action" in the light of a complaint by a Goa-based anti-corruption NGO, which reported about linkages between a Goa-based hawala operator and the local casino industry.
Goa Police's Anti-Corruption Bureau has decided to rope in a chartered accountant to calculate the total assets of Congress legislator Chandrakant Kavlekar, who is under the scanner for allegedly having disproportionate wealth.
The CBI raided the residence of the Chief Passport Officer in Verna village as part of a probe into the issuance of dual passports to a few individuals in Goa, an official said on Thursday.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha on Tuesday returned to the state cabinet for review a mercy petition signed by it for pardoning a convicted legislator, an official said.
Olympic gold medal winner and intellectually-disabled Sonia Yellappa Patil, who got Prime Minister Narendra Modi talking about his love for swimming, gymming over video conference, is still unaware she quizzed the prime minister.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar Saturday said the state cabinet's expansion and reshuffle had been postponed and would be held after the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
At least ten students studying in fifth and sixth standard were on Saturday injured in a stampede at a school near Vasco town here, the school authorities said.
The Enforcement Directorate, probing the money laundering angle in the Louis Berger bribery case, Friday quizzed its former vice president Satyakam Mohanty.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday issued summons to seven people, including three former Louis Berger officials and an alleged hawala operator.
Former Goa chief minister Wilfred De Souza, who held the post three times, passed away on Friday morning after suffering a heart attack. He was 88.
The mining industry, which is all set to resume operations in Goa, finds itself in a tight spot as it faces the twin problem of a huge tax load and softer iron ore prices in the global market.
The Goa Police is likely to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against former Louis Berger official James McClung, who had revealed that bribe was paid to win a consultancy contract in Goa.
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Shiv Sena can break alliance with BJP after Kasuri issue
- Panel discussion on Shiv Sena's protest against Kasuri's book launch
- Pakistan at unrest following Zee News revelations on Balochistan and PoK
- Top news headlines @ 8pm
- Watch: Pooja Mishra caught on CCTV creating ruckus in store in Delhi
- Dengue breaks 19 year record in Delhi, 10,683 patients admitted
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!
- Despite paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launched; Shiv Sena faces flak
- Attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni: Aaditya Thackeray's reply to Rajdeep Sardesai’s open letter
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bigg Boss 9 premiere: Salman Khan introduces inmates in 'double trouble' style!
- 'Ghar Wapsi': 300 converted to Hinduism in Varanasi
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- India will support Palestine cause, engage with Israel: Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s little one – AbRam – drives a car!