The Supreme Court ban on the "voracious" iron ore mining in Goa may have saved the state from ecological peril, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said.
The Goa BJP on Friday demanded parole for jailed ex-minister Francisco Pacheco to let him attend upcoming assembly session on the lines of former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda and Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt.
In a major step towards recovering the money involved in illegal mining in Goa, a team of chartered accountants constituted by the state government has submitted details about 82 of the total 118 mining leases.
Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar was on Tuesday accused of "faking" his educational qualification in his poll-related affidavit but Deputy Chief Minister Francis D'Souza said an elected representative "need not be educationally qualified".
The newly inaugurated prison in Colvale village of Goa will be soon operational after India Reserve Battalion (IRB) takes over the outward security of this jail, a top official said on Monday.
Goa Archbishop Filile Neri Ferrao on Saturday said "clouds of fear and insecurity" were looming large over the minorities in the country while expressing solidarity with a 48-year-old Catholic nun from Raipur who was gang raped on June 19.
Swaraj Abhiyan leader Yogendra Yadav believes that Goa can show the way on green politics in India considering the state's past history of fighting for environmental causes.
Goa on Friday asked the Centre to initiate steps to resume the process of mining in the mineral-rich state, which has been put on hold for over two years now.
Panaji: Independent MLA Rohan Khaunte on Friday demanded formation of third state Finance Commission for Goa, which is due for last six years.
Amid speculations in political circles about induction of expelled Congress MLA Atanasio Monserratte in Goa Cabinet, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Friday said "the induction is not on the agenda."
Amid speculations in political circles about induction of expelled Congress MLA Atanasio Monserratte in Goa Cabinet, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said on Friday "the induction is not on the agenda."
Plastic cups and other plastic cutlery will soon be banned from Goa government offices and functions conducted by the state government.
Three states of Goa, Odisha and Jharkhand have not submitted the latest action taken reports on steps taken to curb illegal mining even after a high level panel raised the issue in September last year.
In the wake of a row over Goa minister Sudin Dhavalikar's alleged fake degree, state Governor Mridula Sinha on Tuesday said there was a need to keep "bad things" away from society.
Aam Admi Party Tuesday produced a document to back its claim that Goa public works department minister Sudin Dhavalikar had given wrong information about his education in his election affidavit.
Goa government's two-decade-old scheme providing financial assistance to girls from families below poverty line for their marriage is on the verge of closure due to poor response from applicants.
The AAP on Monday said it may approach the Supreme Court over elected representatives lying on affidavits, and demanded the arrest of Goa PWD Minister Sudin Dhavalikar for submitting a false graduation degree to the election authorities.
The Goa government will press for a postal stamp to be issued in honour of architect Charles Correa, who passed away after a brief illness last week.
Over fifty years after Goa's liberation from Portuguese rule, the state government has finally decided to form a high-level committee to verify applications of individuals who claim themselves to be "freedom fighters".
Goa's Public Works Department Minister Ramakrishna Dhavalikar on Friday rubbished allegations by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) that he has given false declaration about his educational qualification in the affidavit filed before the Election Commission.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar Friday said it is not compulsory for schools in the state to hold International Yoga Day on June 21.
The AAP in Goa on Thursday alleged that state Public Works Department Minister Ramakrishna alias Sudin Dhavalikar`s Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree was "fake". His party termed the allegation "baseless", while Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said educational qualification was not a criteria to be a minister.
Goa customs sleuths are likely to visit Bhatkal town in Karnataka after two people from the area were arrested here within the span of a week for smuggling gold from Dubai, an official here said on Thursday.
Sri Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik on Wednesday claimed that "bigger Hindutva organisations" have become "inactive" leaving the smaller groups to unite for the cause.
A Goa court has sought report from jail authorities here over allegations that VIP treatment was being given to former minister Fransisco Miccky Pacheco who is currently undergoing sentence at the Sada sub-jail for assaulting a junior engineer from the electricity department.
Goa Church's educational arm Archdiocesan Board of Education (ABE) on Tuesday defended its decision to call a meeting of Catholic MLAs to seek their help for lobbying with the state government.
Goa government on Tuesday made it clear that as per the Centre's directive, ration card is no longer to be used as an identity or residence proof for the purpose of government schemes, and no government department should insist on it.
The BJP-led coalition government in Goa on Tuesday withdrew a circular issued to schools earlier this month seeking the presence of students for public yoga and 'Surya Namaskar' performances at an indoor stadium near here.
Doubling the South Central Railway's track, which terminates in Goa, will increase the tourism potential of the state and also boost industrial growth, the state commerce chamber said on Monday.
Opposition Congress in Goa on Monday opposed the move of state government to relocate the off-shore casino vessels in the river saying these vessels should be sent in the sea.
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues!
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Lionel Messi’s family attacked by Chile fans during Copa America final
- Am glad my mother is back home: Esha Deol
- Hizbul Mujahideen chief Salahuddin still wants to come back: Dulat
- Genome sequencing brings woolly mammoth clones closer