Sardana was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 10,000, he will also have to surrender his passport.
Favouring smaller states, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said that Goa is able to do a lot for its people because it has attained full statehood.
Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said Goans are not to be blamed for "misconceptions" about the state and insisted that women seen in bikinis or people attired in "exceptional" dresses on the beaches are tourists and not local residents.
ATS and Intelligence Bureau (IB) are interrogating Sameer in Panaji.
Sameer Sardana, the son of a retired Army officer, had been collecting information about bomb blasts which have taken place across the country in the past when he was arrested at the Vasco Railway Station, said a senior police official.
The elections to Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) would be conducted on March 6, a senior official said today.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar met Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi and briefed him on the law and order situation in the state.
Anup Sardesai, the writer of the book titled 'Nathuram Godse - The Story of an Assassin', said he would go ahead with its release at a different venue.
Newly formed Goa Forward party has opposed the release of a book on Mahatma Gandhi 's killer Nathuram Godse scheduled for Saturday on the death anniversary of the Father of the Nation.
Green activists led by fashion designer Wendell Rodricks have requested Goa Governor Mridula Sinha not to give assent to the controversial Bill
The Chief Electoral Office of Goa has proposed that the State Legislative Assembly elections can be held from December 11 to 18 as the current term gets over
Following a bomb scare, a Goa-bound aircraft was thoroughly searched here on Wednesday.
A Syrian national, allegedly overstaying in India, was picked up and detained by Goa Police from an offshore casino off Panaji late on Monday night, a senior police official said on Tuesday.
Even as media reports claimed that the suspected ISIS members arrested in the recent nationwide NIA crackdown had revealed their plot to attack Goa, the state police Monday said they were yet to receive any formal communication in this regard.
She seems to be her in early 20s. She is an Indian," Inspector Devendra Gad of Pernem Police Station said.
Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule on December 19, 1961.
An anonymous letter purportedly signed by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has threatened to kill Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Although Louis Berger is under scanner in Goa for the alleged bribery scam, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said that the US firm was not blacklisted in the state.
Three Independent legislators – Vijai Sardessai, Rohan Khaunte and Naresh Sawal – have already vowed support for the party.
Lawyers in Goa will sport black or white bands on their arms today to protest the shifting of lower courts from a Portuguese-era building in Panaji to a place on the city outskirts.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar today informed the state Assembly that his government is drafting rules to ban entry of persons below 21 years of age to casinos. The rules (regarding the ban) are being drafted, he said, adding, "We will notify the rules when they are finalised."
The opposition on Tuesday grilled the ruling BJP-led coalition government in Goa over spending Rs 19 crore on foreign junkets of tourism officials over the past three years.
Even as state Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar claimed that 90 percent of the passengers arriving on Goa's Dabolim airport are tourists, legislators from both ruling and opposition parties benches cornered him for not being able to furnish adequate visitors' data from AAI.
BJP legislator Anant Shet was on Tuesday elected as the Speaker of Goa Assembly defeating his rival Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco by 28 to 9 votes in the 40-member House.
Pop singer Remo Fernandes was on Friday arrested by Goa Police and later released on a bail bond when he appeared before investigating officer in connection with a case of alleged verbal abuse of a minor girl.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said the Delhi Government's odd-even formula for rationing road traffic cannot be replicated in the tourist state like Goa.
A woman was arrested on Thursday for allegedly manhandling a policeman and a woman constable at Panaji Police Station where she had come to lodge a complaint.
A 16-year old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old mentally deranged
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar feels that the local green NGOs agitate on selective issues, mainly targeting the developmental projects in the state.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha has written a special song on 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' which would be pasted at the entrances of state government departments.
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- DNA: Rest in peace, braveheart Hanumanthappa!
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Family-run business vs professionally-run business
- PM to visit Mumbai, launch 'Make in India' Week on Saturday
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- JNU controversy: Right to dissent essential ingredient of democracy, says Rahul Gandhi
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Afzal Guru row: Modi government terrified of weak Indian people who raise their voice, says Rahul Gandhi at JNU
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages