The Chief Ministers of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka were supposed to meet in Mumbai to try and find an amicable solution to the ongoing tussle among the three states on diversion of Mahadayi river water.
The political 'charge sheet' released by Congress against the BJP-led government in Goa has elicited mixed reactions with the ruling party rubbishing the charges, while the newly formed outfit Goa Forward terming the main Opposition's move as better late than never.
BJP's Goa unit has come out in defence of Manohar Parrikar for his remarks crediting RSS teachings for the surgical strike by Indian Army in Pakistan's territory.
Social activist Aires Rodrigues claimed the police personnel deployed at the event were "being made to work long hours in appalling conditions".
Bimstec leaders have slammed attempts made to glorify terrorists and described terrorism as the single-most significant threat to peace and stability in the region, in a joint statement issued here on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday met Brazilian President Michel Temer in Goa.
In a stinging attack on Pakistan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it "embraces and radiates" the darkness of terrorism.
BIMSTEC leaders on Sunday called for sustainable development, economic progress, poverty eradication and comprehensive stamping out of terrorism.
The diplomat, however, said India is "quite happy" with the document.
The five-nation powerful grouping of BRICS on Sunday asked all countries to prevent "terrorist actions" from their territories.
The solidarity shown by the countries of the South Asia region after the cross-border terror attack at an Indian army camp has shown that people of the area wanted peace, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Sri Lankan President on Sunday.
India on Sunday received strong support from Bhutan over cross-border terrorism.
"We strongly condemn the recent several attacks, against some BRICS countries, including that in India," the BRICS Goa Declaration said.
The Prime Minister also spoke of critical challenges that confront the world and underlined the need for a clear roadmap to revive the global economy.
The incident occurred when Chinese journalists were trying to gain a vantage position outside a closed-door meeting between President Xi and PM Modi.
Another agreement was signed to set up a joint venture to manufacture the Ka-226T helicopter in India.
Both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed the need to "deny safe havens to terrorists and counter the spread of terrorist ideology, stop recruitment, prevent travel of terrorists, strengthen border management and essentially have a legal regime built on the principle of zero tolerance for, or indirect support of, terrorism", he added.
Modi was received at INS Hansa base by state's Governor Mridula Sinha, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar, Deputy Chief Minister Francis D'Souza and others.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will host a state dinner for the visiting heads of states and government of the BRICS and BIMSTEC groups at the iconic beachside luxury hotel 'Leela Goa' on Sunday night.
PM Modi said that he looked forward to useful conversations with leaders from China, South Africa, Brazil and Russia on key global and regional challenges.
Ahead of the eighth BRICS Summit, terrorism figured prominently in a meeting of the participating countries' Sherpas in Goa on Thursday.
Russia and India will sign a multi-billion dollar deal for S-400 'Triumf' long-range air defence missile systems on Saturday following talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Goa, state media here reported today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Goa on Friday for the upcoming two-day BRICS Summit, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said, adding that both Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin would be housed in the same resort during their stay in the coastal state.
All unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones, para and sports gliding, hot air ballooning have been banned up to 100 km from the main venue of the BRICS summit by the South Goa district administration from October 14, a government spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The Intelligence inputs have reportedly issued a warning that Pakistan-backed terrorists might carry out an attack between October 12 and 14 in Goa, just days before BRICS Summit kicks off in the state.
Investigators probing Goa perfume specialist Monika Ghurde's sensational murder case have now claimed that the accused former security guard had forced her to see porn clips before raping and killing her.
The 21-year-old former security guard, arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the murder of celebrity perfumer Monika Ghurde, has now also been charged with raping the deceased, police said on Tuesday.
"There are some political opponents who raise questions about his visits to Goa. He is the Defence Minister of the entire nation. Goa is part of India.
Rajkumar Singh, the former watchman at Sapana Raj Valley at Sangolda, has revealed before the interrogators why and how he executed his plan to murder Goa perfume expert Monika Ghurde.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday hit back at Rahul Gandhi over his 'dalali' remark, saying those who "focused on profiteering" in defence deals fully understood the meaning of the word.
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Debit Card fraud: Follow these 15 tips and keep your ATM transactions safe
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Reliance Jio Welcome offer not valid till December 31 –It expires early
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday