Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday said those involved in the US firm Louis Berger bribery scandal will not get any pardon from his government.
The Goa Lokayukta's post is lying vacant because of the lack of a suitable candidate, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said on Wednesday.
The Goa government has earmarked Rs 1.58 crore this year to preserve marine wealth including fisheries from mechanised trawling during the annual fishing ban.
Even as former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat is to be questioned on Wednesday by Crime Branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case, Congress on Wednesday sought to know the details about the "JICA case" which is currently in the news.
Goa government has decided to provide financial assistance to those village panchayats in the state that witnessed a drop in their revenues due to closure of mining industry around three years back.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday said the state has been borrowing within the limits as against the picture projected by the Opposition that the government is heading towards a big debt trap.
Former Goa PWD minister Churchill Alemao Wednesday appeared before the Crime Branch again in connection with Louis Berger bribery case, a day after the sleuths questioned him for over seven hours.
Mining may resume in Goa in October after a gap of nearly three years, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar told the legislative assembly on Wednesday.
Former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat on Wednesday appeared before the state police crime branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
Former Goa chief minister Digamber Kamat would appear before the crime branch today in connection with Louis Berger bribery case.
Former Public Works Department minister Churchill Alemao on Tuesday appeared before the Goa Police crime branch in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
Goa Legislative Assembly on Tuesday paid rich tributes to former President APJ Abdul Kalam and the House was adjourned after adopting a condolence motion.
Former Goa Public Works Minister Churchill Alemao today appeared before Crime branch sleuths here for questioning in connection with the bribery case involving US management consultancy firm Louis Berger.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Monday agreed to ruling legislators` demand for ensuring a CBI probe into the Louis Berger international bribery scam.
Lauding the US judiciary for its ruling on the Louis Berger international bribery scam, Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Monday asked the Indian judiciary to "incorporate" such an approach.
Ruling coalition members in Goa Assembly on Monday targeted opposition Congress over the Louis Berger bribery scam, which allegedly involves a former minister of the party.
BJP MLA Michael Lobo on Monday demanded that imprisoned Goa Vikas Party (GVP) legislator Fransisco Miccky Pacheco should be granted parole by the state government to allow him to participate in the ongoing Legislative Assembly session.
Dramatic scenes were witnessed on the first day of the Goa assembly's monsoon session on Monday with Speaker Rajendra Arlekar ordering marshals to escort opposition MLAs out of the house after they sought resignation of Industries Minister Mahadev Naik for cheating.
A fortnight-long session of Goa Legislative Assembly will start on Monday with the opposition planning to corner the BJP-led government on allegations of financial misdemeanor against the industries minister.
Goa government on Saturday suspended project director A Wachasunder who was heading the Water augmentation and sewerage line project which has run into controversy over bribery charges.
Goa`s lone Rajya Sabha MP Shantaram Naik on Saturday accused the defence ministry of trying to "grab" six lakh sq metres of land in a village for setting up a permanent venue for Defence Expo and Aero India shows.
BJP legislator Subhash Phaldesai has claimed that Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar might have revealed to investigators the names of two ministers allegedly involved in the USD 976,630 Louis Berger international bribery scam.
Goa Police on Wednesday said prima facie it has come to light that "bribe was paid" by a US firm for a water developmental project in the state.
Former Congress Minister Churchill Alemao has denied involvement in the bribery scandal related to US firm Louis Berger, while the Congress on Tuesday demanded filing of an FIR against those linked to the case.
The Crime Branch of the Goa Police began its probe into the alleged payment of USD 976,630 in bribes to a state minister and officials by an international consultancy firm, media reports said on Tuesday.
The ruling BJP in Goa on Monday sought a CBI probe into the bribery case involving a US firm even as former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, who headed the Congress government in the state when the alleged pay off was made, denied intervention of any of his ministers in clearing the project in question.
Former Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, who headed the government during the alleged bribery case involving a US firm in 2009, has ruled out involvement of any of his ministers.
Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday hinted that two former ministers might be involved in the alleged bribery case involving a US firm over a water developmental scheme in the state.
In a move which could have an impact on Portuguese-era mansions in the state, the Goa government on Friday decided to conduct audit of buildings that are more than 30 years old and make it mandatory for these structures to provide stability certificate every five years.
The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government wants to ensure a foolproof coastal security system for the country, union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said here on Monday.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- How APJ Abdul Kalam changed India: 10 most inspirational quotes
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...
- APJ Abdul Kalam - Life and Times