Former Goa minister Churchill Alemao has filed a fresh bail application before the special court in connection with the Louis Berger bribery case.
Locals of Ramnathi in North Goa district where the Sanatan Sanstha is headquartered, have demanded a ban on the right-wing outfit and urged the state government to ensure that its ashram is shifted out of their village failing which they would intensify their agitation against them and their 'sadhaks' (seekers).
Goa Legislative Assembly Speaker Rajendra Arlekar will be inducted into state Cabinet by Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar.
Goa Police Crime Branch has sought to conduct narco-analysis test on former chief minister Digambar Kamat and the then PWD minister Churchill Alemao in the Louis Berger bribery case, an official said on Wednesday.
Filing the chargesheet in the Louis Berger bribery case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had named former Goa PWD minister Churchill Alemao as an accused. Former CM Digambar Kamat has also been named but only as an suspect.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday ruled out banning right-wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha – a demand made by the Congress leaders of the state.
Goa Crime Branch will file the chargesheet in the Louis Berger bribery case on September 28, naming former minister Churchill Alemao and others as "accused", while ex-Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat's name will be added as an accused in the supplementary chargesheet.
A BJP MLA on Tuesday sought a ban on Sanatan Sanstha, whose member was arrested in connection with the murder of Left leader Govind Pansare, for "creating terror" like Students and Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
The Goa government has extended the ban on controversial Sri Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik till January 14, 2016.
Hindu right-wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha member Rudra Patil, a suspect in leftist Govind Pansare`s murder, was in regular touch with the mastermind of the 2009 Goa bomb blast, police said.
Right wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha, which is again in focus after a man allegedly having links with it was arrested in connection with the murder of rationalist Govind Pansare, has claimed that it was being wrongly targeted as it did not have any political backing.
Goans across the state have geared up to celebrate the ten-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival as cities wore a deserted look while villages bustled with people returning home during holidays to attend the revelry.
Sleuths on Wednesday conducted a search at the office of a realtor known to be a close aide of former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat in connection with the mining scam.
The Congress in Goa has filed a police complaint against union Minister of State for Culture Mahesh Sharma for allegedly delivering a hate speech against minority religions, a party leader said on Wednesday.
The PMO has asked the finance ministry to take "appropriate action" in the light of a complaint by a Goa-based anti-corruption NGO, which reported about linkages between a Goa-based hawala operator and the local casino industry.
Goa Police's Anti-Corruption Bureau has decided to rope in a chartered accountant to calculate the total assets of Congress legislator Chandrakant Kavlekar, who is under the scanner for allegedly having disproportionate wealth.
The CBI raided the residence of the Chief Passport Officer in Verna village as part of a probe into the issuance of dual passports to a few individuals in Goa, an official said on Thursday.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha on Tuesday returned to the state cabinet for review a mercy petition signed by it for pardoning a convicted legislator, an official said.
Olympic gold medal winner and intellectually-disabled Sonia Yellappa Patil, who got Prime Minister Narendra Modi talking about his love for swimming, gymming over video conference, is still unaware she quizzed the prime minister.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar Saturday said the state cabinet's expansion and reshuffle had been postponed and would be held after the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
At least ten students studying in fifth and sixth standard were on Saturday injured in a stampede at a school near Vasco town here, the school authorities said.
The Enforcement Directorate, probing the money laundering angle in the Louis Berger bribery case, Friday quizzed its former vice president Satyakam Mohanty.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday issued summons to seven people, including three former Louis Berger officials and an alleged hawala operator.
Former Goa chief minister Wilfred De Souza, who held the post three times, passed away on Friday morning after suffering a heart attack. He was 88.
The mining industry, which is all set to resume operations in Goa, finds itself in a tight spot as it faces the twin problem of a huge tax load and softer iron ore prices in the global market.
The Goa Police is likely to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against former Louis Berger official James McClung, who had revealed that bribe was paid to win a consultancy contract in Goa.
The One Rank, One Pension (OROP) stir Wednesday reached Goa, the home state of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, with ex-army veterans beginning an indefinite relay strike.
Normal life was hit in Goa as ten central trade unions on Wednesday went on a day-long nationwide strike to protest against changes in labour laws and privatisation of PSUs.
Goa government on Tuesday assured to maintain proper law and order in the state during the strike called by various trade unions tomorrow against changes in labour laws.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- What is PM Modi's operation 'prism'?
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Know what Farhan Akhtar’s TV show 'I Can Do That’ is all about
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Shashank Manohar formally elected as BCCI president
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report