Sardana was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 10,000, he will also have to surrender his passport.
Favouring smaller states, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said that Goa is able to do a lot for its people because it has attained full statehood.
Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said Goans are not to be blamed for "misconceptions" about the state and insisted that women seen in bikinis or people attired in "exceptional" dresses on the beaches are tourists and not local residents.
ATS and Intelligence Bureau (IB) are interrogating Sameer in Panaji.
Sameer Sardana, the son of a retired Army officer, had been collecting information about bomb blasts which have taken place across the country in the past when he was arrested at the Vasco Railway Station, said a senior police official.
The elections to Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) would be conducted on March 6, a senior official said today.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar met Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi and briefed him on the law and order situation in the state.
Anup Sardesai, the writer of the book titled 'Nathuram Godse - The Story of an Assassin', said he would go ahead with its release at a different venue.
Newly formed Goa Forward party has opposed the release of a book on Mahatma Gandhi 's killer Nathuram Godse scheduled for Saturday on the death anniversary of the Father of the Nation.
Green activists led by fashion designer Wendell Rodricks have requested Goa Governor Mridula Sinha not to give assent to the controversial Bill
The Chief Electoral Office of Goa has proposed that the State Legislative Assembly elections can be held from December 11 to 18 as the current term gets over
Following a bomb scare, a Goa-bound aircraft was thoroughly searched here on Wednesday.
A Syrian national, allegedly overstaying in India, was picked up and detained by Goa Police from an offshore casino off Panaji late on Monday night, a senior police official said on Tuesday.
Even as media reports claimed that the suspected ISIS members arrested in the recent nationwide NIA crackdown had revealed their plot to attack Goa, the state police Monday said they were yet to receive any formal communication in this regard.
She seems to be her in early 20s. She is an Indian," Inspector Devendra Gad of Pernem Police Station said.
Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule on December 19, 1961.
An anonymous letter purportedly signed by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has threatened to kill Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Although Louis Berger is under scanner in Goa for the alleged bribery scam, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said that the US firm was not blacklisted in the state.
Three Independent legislators – Vijai Sardessai, Rohan Khaunte and Naresh Sawal – have already vowed support for the party.
Lawyers in Goa will sport black or white bands on their arms today to protest the shifting of lower courts from a Portuguese-era building in Panaji to a place on the city outskirts.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar today informed the state Assembly that his government is drafting rules to ban entry of persons below 21 years of age to casinos. The rules (regarding the ban) are being drafted, he said, adding, "We will notify the rules when they are finalised."
The opposition on Tuesday grilled the ruling BJP-led coalition government in Goa over spending Rs 19 crore on foreign junkets of tourism officials over the past three years.
Even as state Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar claimed that 90 percent of the passengers arriving on Goa's Dabolim airport are tourists, legislators from both ruling and opposition parties benches cornered him for not being able to furnish adequate visitors' data from AAI.
BJP legislator Anant Shet was on Tuesday elected as the Speaker of Goa Assembly defeating his rival Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco by 28 to 9 votes in the 40-member House.
Pop singer Remo Fernandes was on Friday arrested by Goa Police and later released on a bail bond when he appeared before investigating officer in connection with a case of alleged verbal abuse of a minor girl.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said the Delhi Government's odd-even formula for rationing road traffic cannot be replicated in the tourist state like Goa.
A woman was arrested on Thursday for allegedly manhandling a policeman and a woman constable at Panaji Police Station where she had come to lodge a complaint.
A 16-year old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old mentally deranged
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar feels that the local green NGOs agitate on selective issues, mainly targeting the developmental projects in the state.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha has written a special song on 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' which would be pasted at the entrances of state government departments.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- An open letter to Sunny Leone—See who wrote it!
- Sanam Re movie review: Check out audience verdict on Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam starrer!
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters