ATS and Intelligence Bureau (IB) are interrogating Sameer in Panaji.
Sameer Sardana, the son of a retired Army officer, had been collecting information about bomb blasts which have taken place across the country in the past when he was arrested at the Vasco Railway Station, said a senior police official.
The elections to Corporation of City of Panaji (CCP) would be conducted on March 6, a senior official said today.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar met Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi and briefed him on the law and order situation in the state.
Anup Sardesai, the writer of the book titled 'Nathuram Godse - The Story of an Assassin', said he would go ahead with its release at a different venue.
Newly formed Goa Forward party has opposed the release of a book on Mahatma Gandhi 's killer Nathuram Godse scheduled for Saturday on the death anniversary of the Father of the Nation.
Green activists led by fashion designer Wendell Rodricks have requested Goa Governor Mridula Sinha not to give assent to the controversial Bill
The Chief Electoral Office of Goa has proposed that the State Legislative Assembly elections can be held from December 11 to 18 as the current term gets over
Following a bomb scare, a Goa-bound aircraft was thoroughly searched here on Wednesday.
A Syrian national, allegedly overstaying in India, was picked up and detained by Goa Police from an offshore casino off Panaji late on Monday night, a senior police official said on Tuesday.
Even as media reports claimed that the suspected ISIS members arrested in the recent nationwide NIA crackdown had revealed their plot to attack Goa, the state police Monday said they were yet to receive any formal communication in this regard.
She seems to be her in early 20s. She is an Indian," Inspector Devendra Gad of Pernem Police Station said.
Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule on December 19, 1961.
An anonymous letter purportedly signed by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has threatened to kill Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Although Louis Berger is under scanner in Goa for the alleged bribery scam, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said that the US firm was not blacklisted in the state.
Three Independent legislators – Vijai Sardessai, Rohan Khaunte and Naresh Sawal – have already vowed support for the party.
Lawyers in Goa will sport black or white bands on their arms today to protest the shifting of lower courts from a Portuguese-era building in Panaji to a place on the city outskirts.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar today informed the state Assembly that his government is drafting rules to ban entry of persons below 21 years of age to casinos. The rules (regarding the ban) are being drafted, he said, adding, "We will notify the rules when they are finalised."
The opposition on Tuesday grilled the ruling BJP-led coalition government in Goa over spending Rs 19 crore on foreign junkets of tourism officials over the past three years.
Even as state Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar claimed that 90 percent of the passengers arriving on Goa's Dabolim airport are tourists, legislators from both ruling and opposition parties benches cornered him for not being able to furnish adequate visitors' data from AAI.
BJP legislator Anant Shet was on Tuesday elected as the Speaker of Goa Assembly defeating his rival Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco by 28 to 9 votes in the 40-member House.
Pop singer Remo Fernandes was on Friday arrested by Goa Police and later released on a bail bond when he appeared before investigating officer in connection with a case of alleged verbal abuse of a minor girl.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said the Delhi Government's odd-even formula for rationing road traffic cannot be replicated in the tourist state like Goa.
A woman was arrested on Thursday for allegedly manhandling a policeman and a woman constable at Panaji Police Station where she had come to lodge a complaint.
A 16-year old boy has been arrested for allegedly raping a 21-year-old mentally deranged
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar feels that the local green NGOs agitate on selective issues, mainly targeting the developmental projects in the state.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha has written a special song on 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' which would be pasted at the entrances of state government departments.
A man hailing from Jammu and Kashmir was on Saturday arrested for allegedly raping a Canadian tourist in the coastal village of Arambol in north Goa.
A squabble over a freshly-trapped crab resulted in the death of a middle-aged man at Goa`s Dongri, around 10 km from here.
Suresh Prabhu may well be India`s railways minister, but for Goa, in Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar`s words, he is nothing short of a `prabhu` (lord) himself, especially vis-a-vis the quantum of projects sanctioned by him for India`s smallest state over the last one year.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Mumbai: Transporter stabbed to death in Andheri
- Taking a selfie may be more dangerous than fun!
- Hafiz Saeed warns of more Pathankot like attacks on India
- Son of ex-Major General held in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- North Korea attacks South Korea with poop-filled balloons
- Tanzanian girl beaten, stripped by mob in Bengaluru
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- Indian woman stuck in Germany refugee camp returns to India today
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- Budget Session to commence on February 23
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysis on MCD Strike; BJP, AAP throws garbage at each other - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif break-up: Who called up Neetu Kapoor for patch-up?
- Son of retired Major General arrested in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- India will stand by Pakistan if it takes action against terrorists: Rajnath Singh
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`