The Congress has began shortlisting candidates for all the 40 constituencies in Goa in view of the state Assembly polls next year.
Days before Diwali, the lanes of Goa are abuzz with hundreds of youth putting together giant size effigies of demon Narakasura, who would be proudly paraded and then set afire on the eve of the festival, marking the victory of good over evil.
Parrikar said he hoped to see the manufacturing facility develop from a copter repair and maintenance operation to a helicopter engine manufacturing facility.
The Chief Ministers of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka were supposed to meet in Mumbai to try and find an amicable solution to the ongoing tussle among the three states on diversion of Mahadayi river water.
The political 'charge sheet' released by Congress against the BJP-led government in Goa has elicited mixed reactions with the ruling party rubbishing the charges, while the newly formed outfit Goa Forward terming the main Opposition's move as better late than never.
BJP's Goa unit has come out in defence of Manohar Parrikar for his remarks crediting RSS teachings for the surgical strike by Indian Army in Pakistan's territory.
Social activist Aires Rodrigues claimed the police personnel deployed at the event were "being made to work long hours in appalling conditions".
Bimstec leaders have slammed attempts made to glorify terrorists and described terrorism as the single-most significant threat to peace and stability in the region, in a joint statement issued here on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday met Brazilian President Michel Temer in Goa.
In a stinging attack on Pakistan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it "embraces and radiates" the darkness of terrorism.
BIMSTEC leaders on Sunday called for sustainable development, economic progress, poverty eradication and comprehensive stamping out of terrorism.
The diplomat, however, said India is "quite happy" with the document.
The five-nation powerful grouping of BRICS on Sunday asked all countries to prevent "terrorist actions" from their territories.
The solidarity shown by the countries of the South Asia region after the cross-border terror attack at an Indian army camp has shown that people of the area wanted peace, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Sri Lankan President on Sunday.
India on Sunday received strong support from Bhutan over cross-border terrorism.
"We strongly condemn the recent several attacks, against some BRICS countries, including that in India," the BRICS Goa Declaration said.
The Prime Minister also spoke of critical challenges that confront the world and underlined the need for a clear roadmap to revive the global economy.
The incident occurred when Chinese journalists were trying to gain a vantage position outside a closed-door meeting between President Xi and PM Modi.
Another agreement was signed to set up a joint venture to manufacture the Ka-226T helicopter in India.
Both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed the need to "deny safe havens to terrorists and counter the spread of terrorist ideology, stop recruitment, prevent travel of terrorists, strengthen border management and essentially have a legal regime built on the principle of zero tolerance for, or indirect support of, terrorism", he added.
Modi was received at INS Hansa base by state's Governor Mridula Sinha, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar, Deputy Chief Minister Francis D'Souza and others.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will host a state dinner for the visiting heads of states and government of the BRICS and BIMSTEC groups at the iconic beachside luxury hotel 'Leela Goa' on Sunday night.
PM Modi said that he looked forward to useful conversations with leaders from China, South Africa, Brazil and Russia on key global and regional challenges.
Ahead of the eighth BRICS Summit, terrorism figured prominently in a meeting of the participating countries' Sherpas in Goa on Thursday.
Russia and India will sign a multi-billion dollar deal for S-400 'Triumf' long-range air defence missile systems on Saturday following talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Goa, state media here reported today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Goa on Friday for the upcoming two-day BRICS Summit, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said, adding that both Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin would be housed in the same resort during their stay in the coastal state.
All unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones, para and sports gliding, hot air ballooning have been banned up to 100 km from the main venue of the BRICS summit by the South Goa district administration from October 14, a government spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The Intelligence inputs have reportedly issued a warning that Pakistan-backed terrorists might carry out an attack between October 12 and 14 in Goa, just days before BRICS Summit kicks off in the state.
Investigators probing Goa perfume specialist Monika Ghurde's sensational murder case have now claimed that the accused former security guard had forced her to see porn clips before raping and killing her.
The 21-year-old former security guard, arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the murder of celebrity perfumer Monika Ghurde, has now also been charged with raping the deceased, police said on Tuesday.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Analysing the problems of traffic jam in India
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review