Days before Diwali, the lanes of Goa are abuzz with hundreds of youth putting together giant size effigies of demon Narakasura, who would be proudly paraded and then set afire on the eve of the festival, marking the victory of good over evil.
Parrikar said he hoped to see the manufacturing facility develop from a copter repair and maintenance operation to a helicopter engine manufacturing facility.
The Chief Ministers of Goa, Maharashtra and Karnataka were supposed to meet in Mumbai to try and find an amicable solution to the ongoing tussle among the three states on diversion of Mahadayi river water.
The political 'charge sheet' released by Congress against the BJP-led government in Goa has elicited mixed reactions with the ruling party rubbishing the charges, while the newly formed outfit Goa Forward terming the main Opposition's move as better late than never.
BJP's Goa unit has come out in defence of Manohar Parrikar for his remarks crediting RSS teachings for the surgical strike by Indian Army in Pakistan's territory.
Social activist Aires Rodrigues claimed the police personnel deployed at the event were "being made to work long hours in appalling conditions".
Bimstec leaders have slammed attempts made to glorify terrorists and described terrorism as the single-most significant threat to peace and stability in the region, in a joint statement issued here on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday met Brazilian President Michel Temer in Goa.
In a stinging attack on Pakistan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it "embraces and radiates" the darkness of terrorism.
BIMSTEC leaders on Sunday called for sustainable development, economic progress, poverty eradication and comprehensive stamping out of terrorism.
The diplomat, however, said India is "quite happy" with the document.
The five-nation powerful grouping of BRICS on Sunday asked all countries to prevent "terrorist actions" from their territories.
The solidarity shown by the countries of the South Asia region after the cross-border terror attack at an Indian army camp has shown that people of the area wanted peace, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Sri Lankan President on Sunday.
India on Sunday received strong support from Bhutan over cross-border terrorism.
"We strongly condemn the recent several attacks, against some BRICS countries, including that in India," the BRICS Goa Declaration said.
The Prime Minister also spoke of critical challenges that confront the world and underlined the need for a clear roadmap to revive the global economy.
The incident occurred when Chinese journalists were trying to gain a vantage position outside a closed-door meeting between President Xi and PM Modi.
Another agreement was signed to set up a joint venture to manufacture the Ka-226T helicopter in India.
Both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed the need to "deny safe havens to terrorists and counter the spread of terrorist ideology, stop recruitment, prevent travel of terrorists, strengthen border management and essentially have a legal regime built on the principle of zero tolerance for, or indirect support of, terrorism", he added.
Modi was received at INS Hansa base by state's Governor Mridula Sinha, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar, Deputy Chief Minister Francis D'Souza and others.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will host a state dinner for the visiting heads of states and government of the BRICS and BIMSTEC groups at the iconic beachside luxury hotel 'Leela Goa' on Sunday night.
PM Modi said that he looked forward to useful conversations with leaders from China, South Africa, Brazil and Russia on key global and regional challenges.
Ahead of the eighth BRICS Summit, terrorism figured prominently in a meeting of the participating countries' Sherpas in Goa on Thursday.
Russia and India will sign a multi-billion dollar deal for S-400 'Triumf' long-range air defence missile systems on Saturday following talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Goa, state media here reported today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will arrive in Goa on Friday for the upcoming two-day BRICS Summit, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said, adding that both Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin would be housed in the same resort during their stay in the coastal state.
All unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones, para and sports gliding, hot air ballooning have been banned up to 100 km from the main venue of the BRICS summit by the South Goa district administration from October 14, a government spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The Intelligence inputs have reportedly issued a warning that Pakistan-backed terrorists might carry out an attack between October 12 and 14 in Goa, just days before BRICS Summit kicks off in the state.
Investigators probing Goa perfume specialist Monika Ghurde's sensational murder case have now claimed that the accused former security guard had forced her to see porn clips before raping and killing her.
The 21-year-old former security guard, arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the murder of celebrity perfumer Monika Ghurde, has now also been charged with raping the deceased, police said on Tuesday.
"There are some political opponents who raise questions about his visits to Goa. He is the Defence Minister of the entire nation. Goa is part of India.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- DNA: Today in History | October 25, 2016
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience