Six crude bombs were found from a house in Sattari taluka on Thursday during a raid by forest department officials probing a poaching case, police said.
Goa Congress has threatened to "throw cow dung on the face of ministers" who claim that tourists arrive in the state due to availability of drugs.
The Congress party here on Wednesday questioned CBI's move to grant a 'No Objection Certificate' (NOC) reinstating seven policemen, who were being probed by the agency itself for allegedly selling seized drugs back to the narcotics mafia.
The sarpanch of a coastal village in Goa wants a ban on the use of glass bottles on the beaches as strewn broken bottles are causing a menace.
Goa government Tuesday reinstated two senior police officers and five constables who were suspended and arrested for their involvement with narcotics lobby in the state in 2010.
Troubles have compounded for the "on-the-run" former Goa minister Francisco "Mickky" Pacheco with the AAP now accusing the state government of allowing him to get away with a loan default of around Rs 5 crore taken from a government-run corporation.
Years after illuminating several churches, temples and a mosque in the state, Goa government on Monday decided not to foot their electricity bill anymore as an austerity measure, drawing flak from the opposition.
Nationalist Congress Party on Monday asked the Laxmikant Parsekar-led BJP government to make public the 'report card' of its ministers, saying not doing so is akin to its admission of failure in governance.
Goa Governor Mridula Sinha has asked the hospitality industry to observe the last Saturday of each month as a `Clean Day` so that the workforce could spend an hour cleaning up the locality and promote cleanliness.
Two days after Goan fishermen went on a flash strike over alleged assault on their crew, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Wednesday sought to resolve the matter, resuming the supply of fish to the state market.
Fish consignments from Maharashtra's Sindhudurg district will be ferried to Goa under police escort, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said on Wednesday.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined the plea of Goa legislator Francisco Xavier, alias Mickky Pacheco, seeking four weeks` time to surrender after his conviction and sentencing for assaulting a government servant in 2006.
Adding attractions to its tourism portfolio, the Goa government on Saturday launched hot air balloon and amphibious vehicles in the picturesque state of beaches.
A preliminary assessment by HAL and consultation with his ministry will decide on Goa's feasibility for setting up a helicopter manufacturing unit, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Monday.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said he was surprised after a local court issued a warrant to search his official residence in Delhi to trace former Goa minister Francisco Miccky Pacheco, who is reported to be absconding after conviction in a 2006 assault case.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday tried to condone Goa Police for their inability to nab a convicted former minister Francisco Pacheco, who has been on the run for nearly a month now, and said if needed they could take help of other police forces.
On a hot and sultry day, the heat was perhaps the last thing on 18-year-old Vishnu Natarajan's mind when he jumped to his death from a building's third storey in Ponda town, 35 km from this Goa capital.
Ten bogies of the Lokamanya Tilak Terminus-Ernakulum Duronto Express derailed near Balli railway station in South Goa on Sunday, but no casualties have been reported so far.
Goa Church on Saturday announced that it would collect donations to help earthquake victims in Nepal.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said the government has identified three separate plots to set up the proposed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in the state.
The BJP-led government`s plans to allow five more casinos in Goa has found opposition from one of its own legislators.
Police in the popular beach village of Anjuna have booked a well-known Goa-based yoga instructor for raping a foreigner, while his wife, also a yoga teacher, has been booked for threatening the victim.
A Goa court Thursday acquitted a suspended head constable who alongwith two other policemen was accused of sexually abusing a woman at a police station.
A Goa court on Monday extended the arrest warrant of convicted former minister Francisco Pacheco by seven days while issuing a notice to his partner Viola Pacheco to produce the sitting MLA, missing for nearly three weeks.
Panaji; A journalists' organisation in Goa on Monday demanded a magisterial inquiry after three press photographers and seven policemen were injured in an assault allegedly led by organisers of an
Six boys from Kolhapur in Maharashtra were rescued from the custody of a British national here last month by Panaji police with the help of a local NGO.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar on Saturday said it was unfair to accuse Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar of harbouring controversial politician Fransisco Miccky Pacheco, who is on the run to avoid arrest in an assault case, and claimed it was a move to defame him.
In a relief to over 40 villages of Goa, the state government-appointed committee has said only 50 villages fall under eco-sensitive areas (ESA) of the Western ghats and not 99 as stated by Dr K Kasturirangan Committee.
A 105-metre new generation Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV), to help increase the Coast Guard's requirements for policing of the vast Indian Exclusive Economic Zone, was launched by the Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) on Friday.
A Goa court has stayed a warrant issued by a lower court to search the official residence of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in Delhi to trace convicted former state minister Francisco 'Miccky' Pacheco as the state government held that execution of the order will be an embarrassment to the nation.
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- BCCI announces full-strength squad for Bangladesh, Harbhajan Singh makes Test return
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared