Scarlett Keeling`s case has raised questions about the safety of tourists in the coastal state of Goa amid claims of police negligence.
Beach shacks, temporary coconut-leaf thatched eateries, are synonymous with Goa`s beaches and enormously popular with the hundreds of thousands of tourists.
Less than a week after British teen Scarlett Keeling's mother Fiona Mackeown blamed probe agencies and an inconsiderate system for acquitting two Goa beach shack workers in her daughter's 2008 rape-murder, a lawyer for accused Placido Carvalho wants the mother to be acted against for negligence.
Hinting that AAP may not project a CM face in advance, Rebello said the party is likely to chose chief minister (if it wins the polls) from the victorious candidates.
Foreign currencies with a face value of Rs 25.6 lakh were seized from a passenger while he was about to fly to Dubai from the Dabolim airport in Goa today, Customs officials said.
Congress is likely to soon announce the first list of candidates for the polls slated next year.
The 15-year-old's half-naked body was found at Anjuna beach in February 2008.
A Goa court on Friday acquitted two men accused of raping and killing British schoolgirl Scarlett Keeling in 2008.
Gadkari also expressed confidence of continuining with the current alliance with the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP).
On the night of August 2, a British-era bridge constructed over Savitri river on the Mumbai-Goa highway collapsed.
Google has extended its support to the Maharashtra government to make Mumbai a 'Wifi city'.
Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) leader Sudhir Dhavalikar on Monday said his party and BJP are firm to enter into an alliance for the Goa Assembly polls, slated next year.
A year after contesting the municipal elections, several leaders from then BJP-backed panel in Margao town have joined Goa Forward Party ahead of the state Assembly elections scheduled early next year.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday downplayed the issue of rebel RSS leader Subhash Velingkar floating a political outfit in poll-bound Goa.
The BJP on Friday announced that Union Ministers Manohar Parrikar, Nitin Gadkari and Sripad Naik will be party's star campaigner for the Goa polls, slated next year.
The Congress on Wednesday demanded immediate ban on advertisements promoting casinos in Goa, claiming that it will cast a wrong impression on the young minds.
Aam Aadmi Party today announced the first list of four candidates for the Goa Assembly elections due in March 2017.
Delhi's popular "mohalla clinics" and polyclinics will be replicated in Goa if AAP is voted to power, the party said in a statement here on Monday.
Newly-appointed Goa RSS chief, Laxman Behre, on Monday criticised Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar for 'mishandling' the Medium of Instruction (MOI) issue, over which regional language crusader and former state head of Sangh Subhash Velingkar broke ranks and floated a parallel outfit recently.
The importance of coastal security became evident after the terror attacks in Mumbai in 2008, Home minister Rajnath Singh said on Friday.
Konkan Railway has terminated two trains mid-journey and cancelled another following derailment of two wagons and the brake van of a goods train in Karnataka on Tuesday evening, an official said.
AAP has began ground work in Goa for the upcoming Assembly elections where they will contest all the 40 seats.
Goa Shiv Sena on Sunday alleged irregularities in vehicle registration process in Goa and bordering Puducherry where taxation is minimal.
Amid rumblings in RSS's Goa unit following the ouster of its chief Subhash Velingkar, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has arrived in the state and is likely to meet Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar today.
The RSS had earlier this week sacked Subhash Velingkar, a day after the Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch of which he is a part announced the floating of a political party.
Describing BJP MLAs in Goa as 'asuras' (demons) and holding Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar responsible for the degeneration of the saffron party in the coastal state, expelled Goa RSS leader Subhash Velingkar on Thursday warned the BJP once again, that it would lose the upcoming state legislative assembly elections.
Former RSS Goa unit chief Subhash Velingkar on Thursday floated new state unit and appointed all his supporters, who had resigned from the right-wing body expressing solidarity with him, as the new office bearers.
Over 100 local RSS members and office bearers accused Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and BJP top brass of conspiring to sack Goa RSS chief Subhash Velingkar.
Goa RSS Chief Subhash Velingkar was sacked on Wednesday because of a language agitation he was leading -- against the BJP-led coalition government in the state -- was taking a political turn, a statement issued by the Hindu organisation said.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Wednesday approved redevelopment of two major berths and other barge berths at the Mormugao port in Goa on the public-private partnership (PPP) basis.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organizations in PoK
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Pakistan rubbishes India's claim of surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- Army's surgical strike against Pakistan is a birthday present for a very special Indian!