Six persons, including two children, were killed while 10 others sustained injuries when their jeep collided with a truck near Mahemdavad town of Kheda district on Friday, police said.
Hundreds of deaths caused by an extreme heat wave in India could have been prevented if authorities followed the example set by Ahmedabad which introduced measures such as cooling spaces to protect citizens from the rising mercury, climate experts said.
Police on Thursday arrested a man for molesting a tribal girl working in his office in Vyara town of Tapi district after video of the act went viral on social networking sites.
The Trinamool Congress on Thursday started the process of forming the board of Kharagpur Municipalty in West Midnapore district after four BJP councillirs defected to TMC.
Body of a 45-year-old woman was found on Thursday by one of her relatives, in Dawudi plot area of Morbi town, police said.
Gujarat Board HSC Result 2015 for Science stream was declared today at 9 am.
GUJCET 2015 - The Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) results were declared on gseb.org at 9 am today.
Gujarat Board (gseb.org) will declare the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) class 12th science stream results 2015 soon today.
Gujarat Board (gseb.org) is set to announce the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) 12th class science stream results 2015 on Thursday, May 28.
Four youths have been arrested for allegedly raping three girls, two of them sisters, for the past couple of years in Shobhavad village of Talaja taluka of Bhavnagar district, police said today.
A local court rejected former IAS officer Sanjay Gupta's bail plea in connection with the alleged Rs 113 crore Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro railway scam.
Seven people have died due to the severe heatwave in the city this month with the civic body on Tuesday issuing an 'orange alert' expecting the temperatures to shoot up to 43 to 45 degrees Celsius over the next seven days.
After spending 17 months behind bars in connection with an alleged rape case, self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai on Tuesday walked out of Lajpor Central Jail here on three weeks' temporary bail.
Over 200 Congress workers were briefly detained today while demonstrating against one-year rule of Narendra Modi government near old residence of BJP president Amit Shah and at the city office of the ruling party.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is likely to visit Gujarat in August, the state unit president of the party, Bharatsinh Solanki said here on Monday.
The city police on Monday stopped the `Swaraj Samvad' organized by former AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Anand Kumar here, stating lack of permission.
Former Aam Admi Party leader Yogendra Yadav said on Monday that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal lacks political acumen to confront the Centre on the issue of full statehood status for Delhi.
One out of three armed thieves was caught as he ran out of a jewellery store in Gujarat`s Vadodara District. The shopkeeper`s son caught him.
Self-styled 'godman' Asaram's son Narayan Sai, jailed in a rape case, was on Monday granted three weeks' temporary bail by the Gujarat High Court to attend to his ailling mother, who is schedule to undergo a surgery.
A senior police official and a retired inspector were arrested on Sunday for allegedly attending a party at a farm in Dholera town in the district where some girls were forced to serve liquor to guests.
Former Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leaders Yogendra Yadav and Anand Kumar will address a day-long 'Swaraj Samvad' convention here on May 25.
Self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai, jailed in a rape case, has sought temporary bail from the Gujarat High Court to attend to his ailing mother.
Two police personnel who were allegedly found dancing with a woman and showering notes while on duty have been suspended on Saturday, a senior official said.
Congress on Saturday made a strong plea to President Pranab Mukherjeee not to give his nod to a controversial anti-terror law passed by Gujarat Assembly, a measure which has failed to get Presidential assent thrice.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday congratulated Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel for completing one "successful year" in office.
A day after a video of two policemen clad in uniform dancing with a woman at a wedding function here went viral, Vadodara Police Commissioner on Friday ordered an inquiry into the incident.
As part of the two-day celebrations to commemorate the completion of her first year in power, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday laid the foundation stone of a water supply project in Meghraj town of Aravalli district.
Gujarat government's move to repaint in saffron the pick up stands for state transport buses along the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar highway has sparked a controversy with the opposition Congress accusing the ruling BJP of propagating its "communal ideology" through the hue, a charge denied by the government.
BJP's national spokesperson MJ Akbar came down heavily on Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, by alleging here on Thursday that he had "robbed" farmers' land to set up his companies.
The "failure" of Gujarat and Central government in "reducing corruption" will be the main plank on which the opposition Congress will contest the forthcoming local bodies elections in the state, a senior party leader said here on Thursday.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh