Hardik's bail plea filed on January 22 in this case is scheduled to come up for hearing in the city sessions court on Tuesday.
Keeping up the pressure over the Gujarat land row, Congress today demanded setting up of a Supreme Court-monitored SIT to go into all allotments of government land during the tenure of Narendra Modi as the state Chief Minister.
The death toll in the mishap involving a Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus at Navsari in South Gujarat has climbed to 41, police said on Saturday.
According to police, the number of casualties is likely to rise.
Wildwoods Resorts and Realties, a company run by business associates of Anar Jayesh Patel, owns 400 acres of land in Gujarat's Amreli district.
In one of its recent observations, the Gujarat High Court has observed that peeing in the public may be an indecent act, but it does not amount to outraging a woman's modesty.
In the first appointments to higher judiciary in the last ten months, Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy was on Wednesday elevated as the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court while 12 additional judges of the Allahabad High Court were made as permanent judges.
Hardik also invited the CM to have a "healthy talk" on the reservation issue once Patel leaders are released from jail.
Jailed Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel has written a letter to Gujarat Congress chief Bharatsinh Solanki alleging that his party was using the the community for its own political gains and if this continues, it won't come to power for another 25 years.
The Home Ministry has informed the President after his communication that it was withdrawing the bill and will submit a re-worked bill for his consent.
The Supreme Court has asked the couple to cooperate in the probe.
Undoubtedly, every bride aspires to make her wedding day a memorable one. But, this bride from Gujarat's Ahmedabad took the wedding affair to another level!
Fashioned with the purpose of countering liquor addiction in dry Gujarat, a grouping of OBCs, SCs and STs on Tuesday held a show of strength under the umbrella of OSS Ekta Manch, telling the Gujarat government that it had not done enough for socially and economically backward people caught under the scourge of illicit liquor and deprivation.
More than 10 lakh people are expected to attend a mega rally here on Tuesday to be organised by an umbrella group of backward classes in Gujarat, which has emerged as a counter force against the Patel quota agitation.
PM Modi had visited his ailing guru at his Rishikesh ashram a couple of weeks before his death.
The Gujarat government today cancelled the transfer of Superintendent of Police (SP) of state Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) Himanshu Shukla. A notification in this regard was issued today by the state home department.
Hardik Patel and five others are charged under Sections 124 (A) for sedition, 121 (A) for conspiracy to wage war against the government and 120 (b) for criminal conspiracy.
Hardik Patel's lawyers had withdrawn his earlier bail applications which became infructuous after the police filed charge sheets in both the cases this month.
One more child has gone missing from Asaram Bapu's Motera ashram in Ahmedabad, reports said on Friday.
The Gujarat Police on Thursday arrested Suresh Chhara, after journalist Revati Laul complained of alleged assault by the 2002 riots convict.
Miffed by the three charge sheets filed against him by the police this month, the jailed leader of Patel quota agitation, Hardik Patel , on Tuesday ruled out the possibility of compromise with the Gujarat government.
The Ahmedabad police on Monday filed chargesheet against convenor of the Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) Hardik Patel in connection with a sedition case filed against him.
After about four months in custody facing various charges, including that of sedition, Hardik Patel, the spearhead of the quota agitation by the Patel community in Gujarat, has expressed willingness to sit down for talks with the state government to break the logjam.
Gujarat Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma has taken the matter seriously saying such action cannot be allowed.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah on Thursday celebrated Makar Sankranti and flew kites here.
A local court in Visnagar town of Mehsana district today sent quota leader Hardik Patel in police custody till January 15 in a case of rioting and assault registered against him.
Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) former chief minister of Gujarat Keshubhai Patel on Tuesday reappointed as the Chairman of the Somnath Trust for the year 2016.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel on Monday said his four-month-old agitation for reservation for the Patels in government jobs and education will continue.
A history of sorts was created when Anita Shetye, a housewife, was unanimously appointed the first ever woman chairperson of the famous Shani Shingnapur Temple Trust, an official said on Monday.
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Desh Da Swaad: Discover the taste of Bhopal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part IV
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- Ranchi: Central Coalfields Limited workers ride bicycles to curb pollution
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- West Bengal: Policemen take up responsibility to educate poor children
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- India showcases naval might at International Fleet Review
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- India not intolerant; secularists targeting only Hindu fundamentalists: Taslima Nasreen
- Twitterati celebrate as Mahendra Singh Dhoni's daughter Ziva turns 1
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- After raping boy in Vienna, Iraqi migrant says it was 'sexual emergency'