Four youths have been arrested for allegedly raping three girls, two of them sisters, for the past couple of years in Shobhavad village of Talaja taluka of Bhavnagar district, police said today.
A local court rejected former IAS officer Sanjay Gupta's bail plea in connection with the alleged Rs 113 crore Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro railway scam.
Seven people have died due to the severe heatwave in the city this month with the civic body on Tuesday issuing an 'orange alert' expecting the temperatures to shoot up to 43 to 45 degrees Celsius over the next seven days.
After spending 17 months behind bars in connection with an alleged rape case, self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai on Tuesday walked out of Lajpor Central Jail here on three weeks' temporary bail.
Over 200 Congress workers were briefly detained today while demonstrating against one-year rule of Narendra Modi government near old residence of BJP president Amit Shah and at the city office of the ruling party.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is likely to visit Gujarat in August, the state unit president of the party, Bharatsinh Solanki said here on Monday.
The city police on Monday stopped the `Swaraj Samvad' organized by former AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Anand Kumar here, stating lack of permission.
Former Aam Admi Party leader Yogendra Yadav said on Monday that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal lacks political acumen to confront the Centre on the issue of full statehood status for Delhi.
One out of three armed thieves was caught as he ran out of a jewellery store in Gujarat`s Vadodara District. The shopkeeper`s son caught him.
Self-styled 'godman' Asaram's son Narayan Sai, jailed in a rape case, was on Monday granted three weeks' temporary bail by the Gujarat High Court to attend to his ailling mother, who is schedule to undergo a surgery.
A senior police official and a retired inspector were arrested on Sunday for allegedly attending a party at a farm in Dholera town in the district where some girls were forced to serve liquor to guests.
Former Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leaders Yogendra Yadav and Anand Kumar will address a day-long 'Swaraj Samvad' convention here on May 25.
Self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai, jailed in a rape case, has sought temporary bail from the Gujarat High Court to attend to his ailing mother.
Two police personnel who were allegedly found dancing with a woman and showering notes while on duty have been suspended on Saturday, a senior official said.
Congress on Saturday made a strong plea to President Pranab Mukherjeee not to give his nod to a controversial anti-terror law passed by Gujarat Assembly, a measure which has failed to get Presidential assent thrice.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday congratulated Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel for completing one "successful year" in office.
A day after a video of two policemen clad in uniform dancing with a woman at a wedding function here went viral, Vadodara Police Commissioner on Friday ordered an inquiry into the incident.
As part of the two-day celebrations to commemorate the completion of her first year in power, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday laid the foundation stone of a water supply project in Meghraj town of Aravalli district.
Gujarat government's move to repaint in saffron the pick up stands for state transport buses along the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar highway has sparked a controversy with the opposition Congress accusing the ruling BJP of propagating its "communal ideology" through the hue, a charge denied by the government.
BJP's national spokesperson MJ Akbar came down heavily on Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, by alleging here on Thursday that he had "robbed" farmers' land to set up his companies.
The "failure" of Gujarat and Central government in "reducing corruption" will be the main plank on which the opposition Congress will contest the forthcoming local bodies elections in the state, a senior party leader said here on Thursday.
Mumbai-bound Saurashtra Janta Express was on Wednesday halted at a railway station in Rajkot district for a couple hours, after a woman informed the police that there was a bomb aboard the train, officials said.
Gujarat government has planned two-days of state-wide grand celebrations to commemorate Chief Minister Anandiben Patel's one year in office.
To counter Congress' claims about the Land Acquisition Bill being 'anti-farmer', Gujarat government has decided to distribute pamphlets among masses during public functions, officials said.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour for three days in Amraiwadi area of the city, police said on Wednesday.
A special court trying the 2002 Naroda Gam riot case here on Tuesday summoned the investigating officer Himanshu Shukla of SIT to explain how a CD containing certain phone call records went missing.
Congress on Tuesday slammed the Gujarat government over the alleged scam in Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro rail project and demanded a white paper on it.
Ex-IAS officer and former Executive Chairman of 'Metrolink Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad' Sanjay Gupta, who was arrested in a Rs 113-crore alleged scam, on Tuesday moved the sessions court here seeking a ban on media coverage of his case.
In last ten days, three persons have died due to severe heat wave conditions gripping Gujarat, officials said Tuesday.
Three senior police officers, including an IPS officer, were suspended on Monday by the Gujarat Home Department after they were found guilty in an alleged police sub-inspector recruitment scam.
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow