State Home department has recently given its nod to form the first only-women police band at Ahmedabad city police HQ.
A right-wing group on Sunday said it had issued a "diktat" barring entry of Muslims at Garba events during the upcoming Navratri festival at Mandvi town in Gujarat's Kutch district to prevent "love jihad" incidents.
Gujarat State Election Commission has announced postponement of polls to various local bodies in the state, citing law and order situation as a reason.
In a controversial remark, Hardik Patel, the 22 years old leader of the Patel quota stir, on Saturday advised a youth from the community to rather kill policemen than commit suicide.
Amid the ongoing agitation by Patels for quota, an organisation of Brahmins in Gujarat has demanded reservation for community members in Government jobs and educational institutes in the State.
A saffron outfit in Gujarat's Mandvi area in Kutch, 'Hindu Sangathan Yuva Morcha' has issued a diktat not to allow Muslims in Garba events during Navratri festival
In a stern message to the Patel quota agitation leaders, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday said no one has the right to take law in hands and those found guilty of disturbing peace in the state will not be spared by police.
Politicians are always up to something to grab attention, but some go overboard to be in the limelight. Recently, the president of BJP's Vadodara unit was seen showering money on a Gujarati singer during Ganesh Utsav, which he later claimed was done to raise funds for protection of cows in the country.
Hardik Patel on Thursday hit out at the Gujarat Government.
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday rejected Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's plea seeking recall of its order for police inquiry into alleged sedition charges slapped against him and to register a case if required.
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel, who announced the formation of a new organisation, Akhil Bharatiya Patel Navnirman Sena (ABPNS) here on Wednesday, said that he would join politics "if people want" it.
The Gujarat High Court has asked the city police to conduct probe into the allegedly provocative speech of Patel agitation leader Hardik Patel during the August 25 `mega-rally' of the community here and register a case of sedition if required.
Gujarat government here on Wednesday organised a consultation seminar on the new education policy of the country, which is being drafted by Union HRD Ministry after 29 years, at a city-based educational institute wherein suggestions of academicians were taken.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel Wednesday held a meeting with leaders of several other castes here as part of efforts to consolidate his agitation.
Hardik Patel on Tuesday said the agitation for reservations for Patel community in the OBC category will continue as per the earlier plans, and a mega rally of Patel women would be held in Saurashtra region soon.
The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday asked Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's lawyer not to make further allegations which may aggravate the situation in the state and sought another shorter affidavit to substantiate Hardik's claims about alleged abduction.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel lashed out against leaders of the Patel quota agitation here on Sunday, saying that they are interested purely in promoting their "negative" agenda.
Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel on Friday said he would support Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the upcoming Assembly elections in the state as the JD(U) leader belonged to his community.
A man belonging to the Patel community, which has been agitating for reservation under OBC category, allegedly committed suicide here on Friday saying he had taken the extreme step for supporting the ongoing stir, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday met a group of people complaining about what they said were atrocities by police in Gujarat during the anti-reservation agitation and asking for a changeover to a system of reservations based on economic status.
Patel quota movement leader Hardik Patel on Friday announced he would launch a "lollipop movement" in the state to express displeasure over Gujarat government's package for students of economically backward classes which he alleges does not offer anything substantial to the Patel community.
The Gujarat High Court has ruled that Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA) will apply to a Muslim person too, saying that those who obstructed changes in the Muslim personal law harmed the community's interests.
The ongoing Patel quota stir in Gujarat on Thursday prompted the state government to announce a package for the economically backward category (EBC) irrespective of caste including scholarship for students and age limit relaxation for its jobs.
Expressing doubts about his abduction claim, the Gujarat High Court on Thursday came down heavily on Patel quota spearhead Hardik Patel and warned him and his lawyer of contempt of court stating that they "misused" the court proceedings.
A day after 'missing' Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) convenor Hardik Patel surfaced under mysterious circumstances, he will appear before Gujarat High Court on Wednesday.
As a part of its damage control exercise amid the agitation of the Patel community for reservations, the BJP government in Gujarat would be announcing a special scheme for general category students who come from an economically weak background.
Gujarat government on Wednesday said that Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel was not "abducted" by police as he claims and asserted that action will be taken against him as per law as it vowed to preserve peace in the state.
The Gujarat government on Wednesday rubbished in the Supreme Court the claim of sacked IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt that he was present at a meeting to discuss law and order situation during the 2002 communal violence at residence of the then Chief Minister.
Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel, who went 'missing' after giving a slip to police yesterday, today surfaced under mysterious circumstances at a highway passing from Dhrangadhra town in Surendranagar district of Gujarat, claiming that he was abducted.
Senior Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela on Tuesday claimed that the ongoing agitation by the Patel community to get reservation under OBC category is backed by RSS and BJP Government in Gujarat.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Watch: 15 reporters, 15 cities
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Novak Djokovic thrashes `misfiring` Rafael Nadal in Thailand exhibition match
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Sheena Bora murder accused Indrani Mukerjea critical, conflicting findings on drug overdose
- Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo aim to make history in Madrid derby
- Pakistan army chief say would not allow even a shadow of Islamic State