Two 'mahants' of Siddhnath Mahadev Temple in Saij village of adjoining Gandhinagar district were allegedly hacked to death by unidentified persons, police said today.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday withdrew its petition in Gujarat High Court after the police granted it permission to hold a rally on October 16, to be addressed by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Shiv Sena activists have handed over a memorandum, urging the Centre to declare war against Pakistan.
Eight people, including four women, were today killed and 15 others injured seriously, after a truck allegedly hit their vehicle near Maliya Miyana town of Morbi district in Gujarat, police said.
Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel today said the first notification was issued in view of the Supreme Court's interim stay to the implementation of the quota.
As the nation stands with the families of the Uri martyrs, a businessman from Gujarat has come forward offering them a helping hand.
These courts will be set up in 15 districts. Ahmedabad will get two different courts - Ahmedabad (Rural) and City Civil Court, Ahmedabad.
The Gujarat High Court on issued notice to the state government in response to a petition by AAP, which alleged that Surat police are not giving it permission for a rally by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
It is being said that a python can swallow a prey bigger than itself.
The Supreme Court on Monday ordered a Gujarat lower court to complete the trial of the 2002 Naroda Gam massacre case within six months.
The Naroda Patiya massacre took place on February 28, 2002, in Ahmedabad during the 2002 Gujarat riots
Gujarat government will continue to distribute LED bulbs in the state after Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauded the scheme aimed at conserving electricity, Energy Minister Chimanbhai Shapariya has said.
PM Modi picks up a 'Divyang' girl in his arms at a public function today and does something very cute.
The Prime Minister stressed the need to bring in a drastic change in the way administrators respond to various situations.
While one record of most persons (989) lighting earthen lamps within 30 seconds was set on Friday evening, another two feats were achieved today in the presence of PM Modi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday met his mother on the occasion of his 66th birthday in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Reports in local media suggested that they were asked to put in the papers following the rape complaint last week against Dr Rajesh Chauhan, a Pak national.
At least 1,100 postcards with a small message and tagline 'Badbu (stink) Gujarat Ki' were sent on Tuesday to state tourism's brand ambassador and Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan by Dalits as part of a campaign to highlight "atrocities" against them in the home state of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will celebrate his 66th birthday in his home state Gujarat.
Stating that India's diversity was a matter of "celebration" and not a "problem" as outsiders consider it to be, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday urged the people to celebrate the festivals of all the religions to "strengthen" the unity of the country.
The accused have been demanding ransom from the vendor after he reportedly purchased a house in their locality.
The Supreme Court on Friday granted three more months to the Special Task Force (STF) to conclude its ongoing probe into alleged fake encounter killings in Gujarat between 2002 and 2006.
The Social Justice Ministry has proposed release of 90 percent of the total allocated funds to Gujarat for various welfare schemes for Dalits, two months after seven youths of the community were flogged by cow vigilantes' in the state leading to widespread protests there.
The Supreme Court on Friday said that a three-judge bench will examine the validity of the Gujarat government ordinance for 10 per cent reservation for the economically weaker sections of society which was quashed by the Gujarat High Court in August.
The Gujarat Police have arrested a doctor and a ward boy for allegedly raping a young woman while she was in ICU of a Apollo Group hospital in Gujarat.
BJP president Amit Shah along with Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and other party leaders were booed off stage as the members of Hardik Patel's Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti created ruckus and vanadalised furniture at a programme to felicitate Patel leaders here.
The video has been an instant hit on the internet.
Chaos prevailed outside the venue as well as in Mota Varraccha area, where Patidar community members from the locality hurled stones at police.
Groups of Patels have been disrupting several BJP and government functions since the beginning of their quota stir last year.
Nearly two months after seven Dalit youths were flogged allegedly by self-styled cow vigilantes at Una in Gujarat, police has filed a chargesheet against 34 persons.
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Soon, BSNL to offer lifetime free voice plan for all networks
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH