Self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai, a rape accused, was sent back to Surat's Lajpore Jail after doctors of a private hospital decided not to conduct surgery for his mother's cervical ailment, a police official said here on Friday.
Six persons, including two children, were killed while 10 others sustained injuries when their jeep collided with a truck near Mahemdavad town of Kheda district on Friday, police said.
Hundreds of deaths caused by an extreme heat wave in India could have been prevented if authorities followed the example set by Ahmedabad which introduced measures such as cooling spaces to protect citizens from the rising mercury, climate experts said.
Police on Thursday arrested a man for molesting a tribal girl working in his office in Vyara town of Tapi district after video of the act went viral on social networking sites.
The Trinamool Congress on Thursday started the process of forming the board of Kharagpur Municipalty in West Midnapore district after four BJP councillirs defected to TMC.
Body of a 45-year-old woman was found on Thursday by one of her relatives, in Dawudi plot area of Morbi town, police said.
Gujarat Board HSC Result 2015 for Science stream was declared today at 9 am.
GUJCET 2015 - The Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) results were declared on gseb.org at 9 am today.
Gujarat Board (gseb.org) will declare the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) class 12th science stream results 2015 soon today.
Gujarat Board (gseb.org) is set to announce the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) 12th class science stream results 2015 on Thursday, May 28.
Four youths have been arrested for allegedly raping three girls, two of them sisters, for the past couple of years in Shobhavad village of Talaja taluka of Bhavnagar district, police said today.
A local court rejected former IAS officer Sanjay Gupta's bail plea in connection with the alleged Rs 113 crore Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar metro railway scam.
Seven people have died due to the severe heatwave in the city this month with the civic body on Tuesday issuing an 'orange alert' expecting the temperatures to shoot up to 43 to 45 degrees Celsius over the next seven days.
After spending 17 months behind bars in connection with an alleged rape case, self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai on Tuesday walked out of Lajpor Central Jail here on three weeks' temporary bail.
Over 200 Congress workers were briefly detained today while demonstrating against one-year rule of Narendra Modi government near old residence of BJP president Amit Shah and at the city office of the ruling party.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is likely to visit Gujarat in August, the state unit president of the party, Bharatsinh Solanki said here on Monday.
The city police on Monday stopped the `Swaraj Samvad' organized by former AAP leaders Yogendra Yadav and Anand Kumar here, stating lack of permission.
Former Aam Admi Party leader Yogendra Yadav said on Monday that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal lacks political acumen to confront the Centre on the issue of full statehood status for Delhi.
One out of three armed thieves was caught as he ran out of a jewellery store in Gujarat`s Vadodara District. The shopkeeper`s son caught him.
Self-styled 'godman' Asaram's son Narayan Sai, jailed in a rape case, was on Monday granted three weeks' temporary bail by the Gujarat High Court to attend to his ailling mother, who is schedule to undergo a surgery.
A senior police official and a retired inspector were arrested on Sunday for allegedly attending a party at a farm in Dholera town in the district where some girls were forced to serve liquor to guests.
Former Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leaders Yogendra Yadav and Anand Kumar will address a day-long 'Swaraj Samvad' convention here on May 25.
Self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai, jailed in a rape case, has sought temporary bail from the Gujarat High Court to attend to his ailing mother.
Two police personnel who were allegedly found dancing with a woman and showering notes while on duty have been suspended on Saturday, a senior official said.
Congress on Saturday made a strong plea to President Pranab Mukherjeee not to give his nod to a controversial anti-terror law passed by Gujarat Assembly, a measure which has failed to get Presidential assent thrice.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday congratulated Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel for completing one "successful year" in office.
A day after a video of two policemen clad in uniform dancing with a woman at a wedding function here went viral, Vadodara Police Commissioner on Friday ordered an inquiry into the incident.
As part of the two-day celebrations to commemorate the completion of her first year in power, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Friday laid the foundation stone of a water supply project in Meghraj town of Aravalli district.
Gujarat government's move to repaint in saffron the pick up stands for state transport buses along the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar highway has sparked a controversy with the opposition Congress accusing the ruling BJP of propagating its "communal ideology" through the hue, a charge denied by the government.
BJP's national spokesperson MJ Akbar came down heavily on Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, by alleging here on Thursday that he had "robbed" farmers' land to set up his companies.
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Special: The UP village where religion does not preach hatred
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department